Toys 'R' Us
4,589 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Easy job and good people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great management, easy job, good pay
Cons: Corporate sucks
I started off there as a seasonal employee, working about 10 hours a week, but I ended up getting to be an assistant manager after about two weeks. The management there was always very friendly, personable, could always relate to each other, and cared about the employee. My only issue was with the corporate. They didn't care as much about the employees, more about profit and such. But outside of that, I really miss my job there. Hopefully I can work for them again soon.
fun and upbeat work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOAugust 1, 2015
Pros: team work, awards for good work, management
Cons: needed full time and benefits
I would open the store in the mornings and I loved my job! one i loved the fact it was a toy store and i have kids and got to see all the newest products come out on the shelves and two i got to help customers with their purchases and pick christmas and birthday presents. I also was one of the top sellers for preoders on movies and games and for selling the credit cards for the company, the team to work for was also awesome, how we all pulled together to get things done as far as cleaning and keeping sales up and making sure the store was meeting its goals. the kids that would come into the store,to see their faces light up at certain toys that they were getting made me happy to be able to be part of that on a daily basis.
Great college job
Sales Team Member (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Helping guests. Seeing repeat customers. Fun/nice coworkers.
Cons: Pay/hours. Also management has changed recently and everything went downhill from there
It is a great place to work if you're in school because they're willing to work with your schedule. If you're not in school then I suggest looking elsewhere because they do not give many hours, usually 12-20 hours off season.

Easy work, great co-workers, and nice customers (for the most part).
Not a great place for a Man.
Sales Associate (Gear), Merchandising, Cashier. (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 31, 2015
Pros: If you're a girl, work there. Your opportunity for adavncement is guaranteed.
Cons: Read Above.
After a year of Employment at Babies "R" Us, I have come to the conclusion that the Management is biased toward men in that the only purpose for men in this store is to lift heavy things and take orders.
I applied for a position as Gear Department Supervisor, and S.O.P was not followed in the hiring process, so I walked.
Fun and enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJuly 30, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: short breaks
Team is well put together. Team knows products well to suggest it to guests. The best part is that the workers get to see kids smile with their new toys.
The Bottom of the barell
Stock Operator (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Short shifts
Cons: Faulty business practices and below unemployment wages
I currently work as a back of house associate. It's way harder than I thought it was gonna be. From the time you clock in until the time you clock out it's straight unloading boxes and floor replenishment. My coworkers are cool. Management is a joke. The hardest part of the job is unloading the back of the truck which includes the team lift items such as baby cribs, strollers and etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of my shift when I get to clock out and go home.
nice work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 30, 2015
Great place to work, very nice and friendly. I've learned a lot about toys and video games. Co-workers were very nice and respectful. The best part about this job was making the customers happy and want to come back.
Fun place to work
Stocker (Former Employee), Canton, OHJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Discount
From what I remember the night started with assigning where people would stock. I learned that there a lot of toys and that store has a very large selection. The management at that time was very polite and I wish all were like that. My co-workers there all very nice and polite to each other. I think the hardest part was listening to the same music and ads over and over. The part I enjoyed the most was stocking video games. I love to play them, but stocking them for someone to buy them was a little fulfilling.
Fun, professional, and happy working environment.
MONEY COUNTER/ TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Livingston NJJuly 29, 2015
Cons: No benefits if you're working, hours of the store is based on the amount of money a store makes.
I personally loved working for this company. I got promoted after two months of being a temporary hire for the holidays. Most of my customers were very pleasant people, who I could come in and treat them as if they were someone I knew by helping them to find items in the store, or find another store that had the item if we didn't have it. I love a fast-pace, multi-tasking type of working environment where I can challenge myself to become better.
fun workplace
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: flexibility in schedule, co-workers
Cons: work every holiday, benefits are to expensive
It was an enjoyable place most of the time. The benefits were very expensive. I have had some really good managers that would help you to get to the next level. Most of the time you would have flexibility with your schedule unless it fell on a holiday.
very fun work workplace i would love to go back
Cashier (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: discount on items
seeing a long line all day long. I didn't get to know many co-workers because it was a seasonal job the hardest part was being the only person checking out customers the most enjoyable part was knowing that I helped some people have a wonder christmas
Like high school
Team Member (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHJuly 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: high school environment, horrible management, rude customers, criminal coworkers, low pay, have to work holidays
Low pay, rude co-workers, unprofessional management. Unfair treatment and very few work hours for anyone who does not get into the boss's "clique". Promotions are given to those who are favorites, with no knowledge or experience of what they are doing. I have blatantly watched a coworker, who is a convicted felon and now a supervisor, lie and intimidate customers into buying things and applying for credit cards, telling them they have no choice. Also, committing fraud to increase his/her numbers.
Plus, open on thanksgiving
It was fun
Sales Team Member (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 29, 2015
I really enjoyed working there but then the store location was closing. they promised me they would transfer me to a store of my choice and they were unable to do so.
Growth opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee), PRJuly 29, 2015
Excellent team work.
Provide the best service to the customers and help them find what they're looking for or give them some options to satisfy their needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job it was help people, make things easier to them.
The hardest part of the job I think it was organize the whole store by price but it wasn't impossible.
Thanks to this job I learned how to handle bad sitiuations with customers and to trust in managers and supervisors.
Good experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYJuly 29, 2015
I loved working here it was a good experience for a new cashier or sales floor attendant. The manager is very understanding and humble man. The coworkers were very team oriented. the only thing is they dont get much work after the holidays and they cut hours drastically.
Fun an invigorating work environment with very helpful coworkers.
Stocker (Former Employee), Danville, VAJuly 29, 2015
Fast and fun workplace that taught me how to arrange stock on the shelves, help out confused customers about toys, and learn more about how the business works.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brea, CAJuly 28, 2015
Got to try out the toys, set up the end caps,. Learned how to be an efficient worker on the sales floor. Great Management team. All co workers got along and worked together. Hardest part of the job was during the holidays some customers get so rude. The energy.
Not bad, not great
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Employees easy to talk to
Cons: Bad training
This is a good place to work if you are experienced with children. I was not and had no idea what I was talking about. They gave me almost no hours each week, and the training was very unorganized. After three months of working there, I still had no idea what I was doing.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Niles,ILJuly 28, 2015
Very Fun work place. Supportive and interactive management. Full of energy and happiness seeing children smile after purchasing their new toys.
Toys R Us
General Warehouse Merchandiser-Duties (Former Employee), Savannah GeorgiaJuly 28, 2015
Great place, great people, good work environment. I enjoyed working at Toys R Us and the pay was great during the holiday seasons. I was hired as a seasonal employee and I was offered a part time job after the season was over. I had to decline and resign due to the fact that I could not afford the daily commute to and from work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more

Toys 'R' Us Salaries