Toys 'R' Us
3,130 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

productive at time
Human Resource Department supervisor (Former Employee), little rock, arAugust 21, 2014
Toys r us was ok, it was good helping the children,at times the workload was very extensive, not enough employees,
Fast-paced but easy going work environment
Seasonal Night Stock Crew (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 21, 2014
Pros: easy-going atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Cons: the job was not secure, since it was seasonal employment.
The evening's work typically began with unloading boxes from the truck and sorting them by section as quickly and accurately as possible. Then we moved onto the floor and stocked the merchandise from the boxes onto the shelves, working as quickly as possible. While we were pressured with verbal encouragement to get the job done as fast as possible, – more... we were not overwhelmed or unfairly criticized. My supervisors and most of my co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with, and willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done in time, and finding a place for new merchandise when the shelves were already full. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always something to do, so the hours went by quickly. – less
Productive and very fun workplace
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 21, 2014
A productive day at Toys R Us is when you get the chance to help customer find all their needs.
Productive Work Place
Stocker (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJAugust 20, 2014
I love my team workers , enjoyed the hours I worked. I learned a lot at this job that I can take with me to future jobs
Toy R Us Kid
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDAugust 20, 2014
The best job in the world. They definitely provide opportunity for everyone to grow in this company.
Fun place to work with great co-workers
Team Member (Current Employee), N Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2014
Pros: discounts on employee purchases
Cons: alot of shoplifting and not enough compensation for work
I learned to work merchandise out onto the floor and keep the sales floor clean. I also checked customers product out and worked the cash register.
It was good job
Assembler (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJAugust 20, 2014
Great workers
Had a good time
Learned a lot
Manager could of been better
Experience I don't regret
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salem, NHAugust 20, 2014
Always fun to view new items, can be very high paced, guests are friendly and fun to help with gift choices
Productive due in part to the focus on worker. (incentives and praise)
Processing (Former Employee), Midlothian, TXAugust 20, 2014
This was one of the best places I have ever worked. The upper management made a point of having lunch with warehouse workers at times and always ask for your opinions. They always made it clear that when goals were made it was due to the workers. I would still be there if the distance from my home hadn't become such a hassle.
fun work olace working with customers and kids
Customer Service (Former Employee), West Covina, CAAugust 19, 2014
I was a sales associate and customer service when needed or assigned there. At the end of my time being there I was always scheduled at the baby registry desk creating registry for pregnant women and wish list for birth days. I also created furniture orders or anything the guest wanted to order from online.
Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 19, 2014
After clocking in I would work the customer service counter. I really enjoyed the job and most of the people I worked with. I very much enjoyed getting to interact with the customers, especially the kids to help them find what they needed. The only problem I ran into with this job was that I was not getting enough hours. I was told that I would be getting – more... full-time hours but continued to get usually around 8 hours a week split into 2 or 3 shifts. It got to a point that it wasn't worth the gas driving to work. – less
They have all the latest toys.
Cashier (Former Employee), columbus ohioAugust 19, 2014
It was a part time seasonal job. It was a cool job parents and their kids would come in and the kids face would light up when they seen all them toys. Management was cool, I always did my job so I mean wasnt no problem between us because they never had to say much to me. I got along with everyone there, thats the type of person I am, the hardest part – more... about the job was the pay and leaving when the season was over. – less
Great seasonal job and great management
Cashier/Daytime Stocker (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXAugust 18, 2014
The job was a good seasonal job and they were generous with overtime.
progressive and good experience.
Back of House Stock Crew Member (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 18, 2014
It was an interesting and sort of fun job at times. I wouldn't go back to it unless I was to be paid more. All of the above it was a nice experience and I enjoyed my coworkers and the environment.
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Times Square, NYAugust 18, 2014
great place for kids and parents

crazy during the holidays

did not actually work for toys r us worked for the photography company
Fun and fast paced work environment
retail sales of all kinds (Former Employee), Phx, AzAugust 18, 2014
Pros: slight discounts
Cons: seasonal employee
The most enjoyable part of the job would be working on the register simply because the interactions with the customer would make the time pass by faster and you might even meet someone interesting.
Decent Entry level experience
Department Manager W/Keys (Current Employee), Livingston, NJAugust 17, 2014
Usually understaffed , fast paced environment . Managers lack supplemental training to do correct job functions and decision making. The associates are great workers when lead in the right direction. My hardest part of this job is the staffing and execution of company initiatives.
FUN Jobs
Stocker (Former Employee), Greenback laneAugust 16, 2014
Cons: short lunch
I was only working on sunday, part time, I abousetly love that job enjoy and fun put the toy up on shelf and social through family when they come in see where to find the toys. I'm always stocking up with a new toy shelf or scan around the store to make sure these are right scan for the toy of price. I was only in high school, so i never expernice doing – more... cashier because i wasn't older enough to be. i love my co-worker they are aweomse! – less
Toys R Us
Floor Associate/Back (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: relaxing, not stressfull
Cons: too little hours, low pay for work
Toys R Us is a great job to work if you are working two jobs, you will not have enough hours to support yourself. The atmosphere is great and is generally enjoyable.
Fun place to work
Sales (Former Employee), Union, NJAugust 15, 2014
Working at babies r us was great...i love talking to people and learning about every new item that came into the store..i learn so much that when i had my first baby i knew everything i need to know about babies and what they need it...

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more