Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,158 reviews matching the search
Great entry level. Horrible pay.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
Toys R Us is a great entry level job when you are fresh out high school or even if you are currently still in high school. The start off pay is horrible and the raises are pretty much nothing.
Great Store
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 27, 2016
Co Workers are great
Day goes by fast
Managers are awesome not such a pain as others
They trains you two times but the way that they train me it was enough to make me go on my own they made me feel very comfortable.
Pros
Great place to work, the environment is perfect
Cons
Not enough hours.
Babies & Toys Win Win
Personal Registry Partner Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Copley, OHApril 27, 2016
I like people and when you mix that in with toys and babies it's a perfect day. Learned that not all kids are happy coming into a toy store, odd. I am sad when the kiddos are crying when they leave the store, it must feel safe and fun for them to be sad to leave. Management is driven to be the best customer service company which is awesome! Hardest part of my job is not taking it personal. Most enjoyable part of this company goes back to toys and babies. It's a very relationable position/company that creates a culture of it being personal and not just toys on a shelf or cribs on display. No company is perfect but when we are coached to strive for customer greatness and try to make every customer happy before they leave and sometimes we can't, if we know we did our best it's still a win.
Fun Place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 26, 2016
Displaying all of the new toys and or games to the children. Other times I attend the cashier wok area. I learned how to be more organize and a team worker. I loved mo co-workers and managers.
Retail
Registry Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 26, 2016
If you've never worked retail, it is very hard work. But you learn to push through and give your best with a smile on your face.
fun, productive, respectful, understanding, loving
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 26, 2016
fun, loving, kind , respectful, understanding, productive, sharing This company was welcoming and they understood my force to work to provide for my child and they gave me a great opportunity and a chance to prove to them that they hired a great employee
fun place to work for people who like children
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 26, 2016
Wonderful environment. Friendly co-workers and managers. The hardest part of the job is around Christmas time when the hottest toys are out and they are on back order and customers get mad like it is your fault. The most enjoyable part of the job besides friendly workers and management is you get to play with the toys to make sure they work properly.
not best place to work
HBCP (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 25, 2016
management was rude not very family oriented, worked little hours a day and they didn't know when the work load would pick up
An enjoyable workplace with very understanding people
Customer service representaive (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working at Toys R Us. It was very enjoyable. Everybody was hardwork and friendly. My coworkers made it easy to go to work everyday
Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 25, 2016
I loved working here. The other employees were very friendly and helpful. Never any drama. The managers, and supervisors were all nice and understanding. Everyone was fun to work with and be around. The most enjoyable part of working here was seeing the child(ren) leave the store happy and excited. Knowing you helped make a childs day was very rewarding. One of the hardest things about working there was the unpleasant customers. Luckily, we had wonderful managers who loved to please their customers and did what ever it took.
Typical part time job
Overnight Freight (Former Employee) –  Castleton, INApril 24, 2016
This job allowed me to learn the apparel side of retail. Stocking shelves, working through back stock and restocking returns, I was able to become familiar with current trends and the process of fashion displays.
i worked seasonal
Part time Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 24, 2016
hectic mainly customers but good people there. I worked there only during the season. they maybe hiring me again during the season
Pros
good people
Cons
customers were crazy
Motivating, enjoyable place with plenty of happy faces
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAApril 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working for TRU, I would recommend it to anyone who loves children and making them smile. The people I worked with and supervisors always stayed professional and very focused. Sales were usually exceeding.
Pros
Nice lunch room, free food!
Cons
Healthcare
Toys r us
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 22, 2016
I liked working for Toys R Us. I have been working there for 10 1/2 yrs. There have been many times a job has come up that I have done many times, I was told recently that I was not getting to move up at all due to the fact that I was not replaceable on the register because I get the metrics for the store even though I am qualified for the positions that became available to me. I wanted a change to advance in my work.
Pros
10% off your purchases
Cons
advancement
productive, non stressful
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 22, 2016
I was able to go to work and do my job. I did not feel stress. I knew my job and how to do it. It was nice not to have someone always looking over my shoulder. My coworkers were nice as well. I learned new skills.
I would not recommend this to anyone.
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 21, 2016
I was very optimistic about working at Toys R Us, as I have always shopped there, but the place is very disappointing. Management ignores any issues and takes advantage of new workers. There is no positive encouragement and you are only trained in a few areas. They expect you to know everything when you join, even if they know you have no retail expertise.
Pros
Close Location
Cons
No good benefits, low pay, negative atmosphere, terrible management
Fast paced and fun workplace
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2016
Customers are very nice and i learned how to use a lot of equipment and how to do work in the Bays. Very simple job but fast paced, easy to forget a task for another customers request. Overall I really enjoyed working there with the employees and enjoyed helping customers find what they was looking for when they come in.
Pros
Friendly customers, employees help when needed
Cons
Not enough hours, equipment doesn't work all the time
bad
ASSOCIATE/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXApril 20, 2016
Bad place to work at. The management is rude. They always think customers are stealing and it is so much drama. The entire store is corrupt and damaged.
Productive and rewarding
Night Crew/Backroom Stock (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 20, 2016
Typical Day- Overabundant
Learning- good communication and team work
Management- needs improvement
Co-workers- reliable
Hardest part of the job- managing time
most enjoyable part of the job- team work
Pros
Great team work, great staff, customer service
Cons
low number of workers on staff, limited time to get things done
I hate this job
Replenishment (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 20, 2016
The pay is terrible, the hours are terrible, the job is terrible, the dress code is terrible, computers are terrible, other job equipment, like scanners and radios are terrible too.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay, hours, dress code, management