Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 6,351 reviews matching the search
Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 23, 2017
Working at Toys R Us was an eye opening experience. I was able to work with a ton of awesome people and get my foot into the working door by working during the Christmas Season.
Pros
Hard worker
Cons
Anxiety
Great
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 23, 2017
I have nothing negative to say about this company. It was all smiles and great times working. They valued what i brought to the table. Wish them the best in the future.
productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 23, 2017
Toys r us is by far one of the best places i have worked they have a very friendly managers staff who are very understanding as well. the work enviroment is excellent vey laid back and not as stressful as most places
Most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Store Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMarch 22, 2017
Was working with the team I had there. We were a small team but we accomplished a lot in the short time I was there. We were a tight group of 20 associates that really cared about one another. We had our disagreements, but we found ways to work through them and continue to grow as a team.
Pros
People, growing as a manager, and the ability to provide for my growing family
Cons
The commute. lived an hour from the store
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTMarch 22, 2017
fast paced environment
not many hours all year around only during the holidays
everyone friendly and helpful the floor is busy theres always something to do
Poorly run with a lack of teamwork and an understanding of what it takes to succeed in given roles
Dept. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, gaMarch 22, 2017
Working at my latest location showed me that hard work isn't always rewarded. It can be taken for granted. Being flexible can lead to talent being exploited rather than enhanced. There was a obvious lack of awareness and teamwork. Accountability wasn't a storewide standard.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of hours, communication and real opportunity
Good Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  AZMarch 22, 2017
The people are wonderful and store environment is fun. Level's up from the store are a little out of touch. It's challenging with some of the recent changes. But we will adapt.
My day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 22, 2017
A typical day was I would get there clock in then go find what register I was at everyone that I worked with was awesome they all respected each other in never felt any tension walking into work
Productive and fun place to work
Full Time Sales / Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed my short time there. I was able to help a lot of new parents find products for their growing families and help families make good choices regarding entertainment for their children.
Great management team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 22, 2017
The management at Toys R Us Is great and the environment is very positive. The customer interaction was very fun because I enjoy interacting with children and their families.

Want to know more about Toys 'R' Us?

Ask a question
Good management
Temporary Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Middle Village, NYMarch 21, 2017
Management firm, yet fair
poor quality equipment
very low pay for the workload
no insurance
enjoyed keeping customers satisfied
good variety of toys
floor well maintained and cleanly
Pros
Good management
Cons
poor quality equipment
toys r us
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 21, 2017
i enjoyed working at this company but it just wasn't for me
retail is a tough but very professional company lots of customer interaction early morning shift was fun
very productive
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 21, 2017
Toys R US gives the word hard work a great excuse to work their. its means are attentive and not so demanding as long as you get the job done in the timely manner. being a stock person you work at getting the job done and making sure its customers can find their selections easy and give no hassel.s
Ok
Toys Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 21, 2017
Toys r us was OK for my first retail job I liked the hours and I felt the environment was great way to kick off my job resume I liked working there its
Great company positive environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 21, 2017
This is a great company to work for. Very respectful and fast pace. Their customers mean everything to them. Cashier make u feel wanted... Very clean place.
ok
shipping (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAMarch 21, 2017
loading it's not for everybody, if it is for you then its pretty easy. they when its busy they are very lenient but after peak season its firing time.
Pros
good for school
Cons
not enough hours
Very Productive
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLMarch 20, 2017
At Toys R Us every second counted especially during the seasonal time, but overall the job was pretty cool. Everyone was friendly and always joking around but we always got the job done. The hardest thing was probably the heavy lifting , everything else it just took time to get used to.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Exhausting
Simple place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMarch 20, 2017
Days were easy, filled with childrens laughter. I enjoyed working here because being able to see the joy that toys bring to kids is amazing. The parents were a blessing as well.
productive
Seasonal team member (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 20, 2017
very productive, great environment. i enjoyed the working experience i had there, fast speed always kept me busy. Never had a problem with anyone. Great working characters
Fun Enviorment To Work In
Stocking Associate/Packing and Labeling (SEASONAL) (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 20, 2017
I actually had fun working at Toys R Us. It was around Christmas so the store was in rush hour. I was given a list of shipment orders to go find throughout the store the package and label the completed list.
I learned about the shipping and labeling process and adapting in teams of large quantities.

Management was great! the manager was very understanding and flexible.Very encouraging and keen on placing people with work task that fits their skills.

There wasn't any hard parts of the job only trying to get the labeling and packaging done on hundreds of orders with limited help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.