Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 6,605 reviews matching the search
Toys R Us
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 29, 2017
Not a great working environment. Management is horrible with the exception of conrad. The only enjoyable part of this work is being able to make people happy.
Just another retail job
Back of House Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 29, 2017
The people were generally nice especially since they were mostly parents. The only complaint would be the forced work at other locations the management had us do during holidays and peak sales months such as black friday and christmas.
Very Busy during Peak
Backroom Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2017
Thanksgiving week and December were extremely busy. Always had something to do. Never felt bored or overwhelmed. Went about a week without having anyone train me so I had to figure things out myself. Best part is seeing the smile on a customers face when they get exactly what they came for when they didn't expect to get it. worst part would have to be the upset customers that didn't get an item they where looking for.
Pros
Always busy around the holidays
Cons
Stressful at times with lack of communication between team members
fun to work at
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 28, 2017
I worked during the holiday season. It was never a dull day. Everyone was always excited and having fun. It a fast pace during the season but it's easy to keep up
On the decline, no career development, but "fun" place to work
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 28, 2017
I've been with the company for 3 years. In that time the company headquarters has laid off 600-700 employees. In 2017, there was no annual salary increase as per normal living standard. It's a much more all hands on deck approach at this point, in comparison to the career developing, definitive roles organization that it once was.
Pros
Good culture, fun to work at
Cons
Financial Struggles and Lack of growth
Has pool table and ping pong for breaks but....
Dock Worker/Equipment Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 28, 2017
Hours were okay, with start times being the same M-F weekly, but hours could still vary. Management was decent in certain areas, but most were under-experienced.
I used to enjoy BUT NO MORE!! Lost moral fiber
Conveyor Tech / Matenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayApril 28, 2017
used to be much better, in the past few years they have cut manpower and dumped the workload on those of us who are still here and not compensate for extra work. RUTHLESS!
Pros
None Any More
Cons
Too many to speak of
Seasonal employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2017
Assist customers with final purchases, answer questions and concerns. Operate cash register and credit card machines. Assist mangers with making sure our customer were satisfy. I learned great customer service and patience.
Cool
Cashier/Sales Member (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 27, 2017
I've worked here for almost a year and i've built relationships with coworkers and managers. its fun working in a toy store. you can never be bored in there because ou can play with the toys around you as long as ther is no guest in need of help
Awesome
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 27, 2017
Working for Toys R US was amazing. I advanced very fast from a seasonal employee to supervisor in less than a year. I had an amazing time working for this company. No regrets!
Pros
Work
Cons
Pay
working with toys is fun for all ages
Stocking /Sales,Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Valley-Yorktown, NYApril 27, 2017
Managment was not organized to prevent,maintain maximum porductivity.

Break room was nice, Some speecilization on product knowledge was nescessary after starting in different sections of store.
Pros
fun working, motivated staff
Cons
bad managment
Fun experience
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLApril 27, 2017
Working at toys R us is a fast pace interesting job. I learned alot about the retail industry by working there. I have a whole new understanding of the toy industry and what it takes to promote different toys that come out.
I loved my time with TRU.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 27, 2017
I started out as a temporary helping to set up a store. Within a year I was an Assistant Director. At five years I got my own store. If you want to app,y yourself the sky was the limit.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, playing with toys
Cons
Interrupted breaks and lunches for management.
Fast paced enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2017
A day at work consisted of unloading trucks, putting merchandise in the correct location, staging and assisting guests with questions. The days went pretty quickly due to always having something different to do.
Toys R Us Experience as an employee.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 27, 2017
On a regular work it was pretty busy due to it was around the Christmas holidays. I've learned to be very patient, it takes a lot of patience with working in this type of environment this time of the year. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers attitudes if a item was sold out or no longer in stores. The thing I enjoyed most about this job was that I got a chance to meet all kinds of people and kids, I fell in love when I see the faces of the children's facial expression when they entered into the store they had this glow they were so happy .
Fun Workplace
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 26, 2017
Very fun place to work. All the management is awesome, and very encouraging. The atmosphere of the workplace is very fun and fast paced. Everyone looks out for each other. Which is very nice. Especially when it gets very busy.
Pros
Nurturing environment, fun atmosphere, awesome management
Cons
Sales quotas
Ok workplace
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 26, 2017
Weekly schedule changes are difficult.
Working thru the holiday season is very rough and tiring.
Frequent manager changes
Low pay
Decent paid time off.
Pros
The company is generous with vacation time
Cons
Holiday season
great place
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 26, 2017
I had so much fun working at babies r us.
management was great while I was there.
order furniture and make sure that it comes in with no damage. fill shelves. clean the furniture and direct employees on what needs to be done for the day. help customers with their ordering needs.
Horrible
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 26, 2017
You never get out at your schedule time if you close. Expect 30 minutes to an hour after. Management is horrible. The employees are rude, and there's drama like you're in high school... especially since the majority of the employees there are in high school. The pay is horrible and you get paid every two weeks. Worst job ever!
Pros
Team member discount
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, horrible management
Overall terrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 26, 2017
If your a pregnant woman while still in school, please don't work here. They do not care if your throwing up sick in bed, if you didn't find anybody to cover you, you are required to still come to work. If you have an overload of work, and need a day off to get work done, if you didn't find anybody to cover you, you're required to still come in. Management is all over the place, the manager, and supervisors are never on the same page. The rules change depending on whose running shift.
Pros
Buy you food if signed up a lot of people for credit-cards
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks at all, keep you loner than scheduled for during closing, management sometimes doesn't even manage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.