Toys 'R' Us
4,076 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

Review of Toys R Us
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 30, 2015
Welcoming and addressing customers in a professional manner. Informing customers about available products, ongoing sales, discounts & promotions. Managing high volumes of customers in timely and friendly manner. Handle cash register- Perform cash, credit, debit or check transactions for customer purchases. Accommodate customers in product selections based on their needs. Assist in keeping the store and stock area clean and orderly. Arrange product display area in a visually pleasing manner.
Great people, terrible pay.
Stocking Crew (Current Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great environment, 10% discount
Cons: The worst pay and hours you will ever see
I'm lucky to get 12 hours a week at $8/hr, and a biweekly pay at that. I can barely afford to pay for gas and food. Management's been pretty straight-forward with us, and the people that I get to work with are honestly fantastic. But this is the most abysmal pay I've ever seen, and it's impossible to thrive off of. Strictly for something on the side.
TRU
Store Receiving Specialist (Current Employee), Staten IslandMarch 30, 2015
A good company overall to work for.
Adding additional payroll to the stores so that customer service can be a priority would be a benefit.
Was decent place to work
Store Cerk Back Stock (seasonal) (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: The Hours
Cons: Seasonal Position
Loved the hours, enjoyed the work. Everyone I encountered was great. Loved the work enviroment and the times I was working as well as the benifits and discounts I was receiving.
toys r su
Stocker (Former Employee), Adelanto, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: free
Cons: toys
i would go in and make sure everything was nice and organized. i learned how to deal with people as in being more patience and being really helpful to eveyone.
Company sucked
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Leawood KSMarch 30, 2015
Treated employees like garbage. worked people like slaves. promised permanent employment. consistently lied to by corporate.
Proactive job with an ever changing environment
Back of House Team member (Former Employee), Airport Square North Wales, PAMarch 30, 2015
A typical day for me is grabbing freight from the upstairs holding area or from a delivery truck to be put out on the sales floor.
Good
Sales Team Member (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 30, 2015
This was a very enjoyable work place for the one month I was there. Management was very kind and nice not bad to say about them. The hardest part was trying to get the hours they gave me t work with the bus schedule.
Productive Teams within stores, Poor leadership direction from corporate offices
Store Manager (Current Employee), Massapequa, NYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Extraordinary teams
Cons: Corporate Leadership
In my time with Toys I have developed many tremendous teams and achieved strong results to meet goals. Employees under my leadership have formed a cohesive relationship to form a productive team.
The structure of the organization continues to struggle in adjusting to Brick and Mortar needs and with constant changes in corporate leadership there is a lack of consistent strong leaders.
Productive and fun to work there
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good about giving you your breaks on time
It was a great experience to work there. I enjoyed working there with my fellow employees. The most enjoyable moment of working there was greeting and working with my fellow employees and getting to know the customers as I interacted with them. A typical day at work was working from the time you start to the time your shift was open instead of when you had your breaks.
fun and busy work site
overnight stock (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 29, 2015
enjoyable to work at toys r us but there's so many children you have to watch as you work so they can be safe, therefore its also a hassle.
Seasonal job
Seasonal (Former Employee), MarylandMarch 28, 2015
Seemed ok for seasonal job. It was of course busy during holiday season. Training not a strong point, it was left to other employees to instruct new employees in the particular area I was in.
fun outgoing place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVMarch 28, 2015
Even though it was only a seasonal job, it kept me busy, it was a fun environment to work in. Pleasant experience. I would recommend it as a good place to gain experience.
Friendly Enviornment
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYMarch 28, 2015
Cons: Short breaks
My seasonal position was during the Christmas holiday. A typical day was always fast paced and busy from open to close. I learned to have patience with customers and great time management when it came to long lines and estimating how much time should be spent ringing up a customer's items. Management was okay. You could tell who was serious about their job. My co-workers were very diverse. There were always new people working there. Friendly environment at all times. The hardest part of the job was getting customers to apply for the stores credit card. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids leaving the store happy and interacting with customers.
Fun exciting place to work
Infant Care Consultant, Registry Advisor (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMarch 27, 2015
Enjoyable atmosphere. Friendly staff. Policies not always followed. Managers didn't back up the policies that are stated when employee reiterates them to customer. Not enough hours to finish work that had been un done by previous shift.
poor management
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 27, 2015
co-workers may be unfriendly same with management. Hours are fairly irregular. shift changes are made without notification
TOYS R US
Cashier (Former Employee), Union City, NJMarch 26, 2015
THIS JOB WAS A LOT OF FUN, SPECIALLY FOR CHRISTMAS SEASON. I LOVED SEEING KIDS HAPPY. I LOVED SEEING THE NEW TOYS AND GIVING OUT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Productive and fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: more hours
Toys R Us was my first job I ever had and it was such a great place to work for. They had little parades and gave out candy on Halloween, it was so cool how they reached out to the children more. My managers were so nice along with my other co-workers. They really cared for their employees.
Seasonal
Cashier (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAMarch 26, 2015
I was a cashier and it was only seasonal for the holidays from October to January. I had to sell reward cards and clean the candy section. It was a nice first job.
It was fine.
Phone Suvey Conductor (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJMarch 26, 2015
Pros: flex hours
Cons: no advancement
I had this job as a teenager, it served its purpose. I am neutral about this company. The job was not too demanding ir exciting.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more

Toys 'R' Us Salaries