Toys 'R' Us
4,469 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee), Walker, MIJuly 4, 2015
Hours were awful, managers sucked, and the workers there knew it. Co-workers weren't too bad to work with for a few hours.
n/a
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 4, 2015
Taught me great customer service skills. My fellow employees got along great with a great environment. Assisted with customers transitions
Fun working Environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sausalito, CAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Small Store
Cons: Small Store
Babies R Us was my first job ever, during my employment with them , i learned alot about myself and the company. The management at this particular location wasn't all to nice or fair but I learned to deal with them and do what it was I was there to do and that's mae the customer happy.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJuly 3, 2015
I worked the cash register for the most part of my typical work day but when it was slow I would organize the store and restock the returns we received and I also answered the phones. I learned how to work a cash register and how to work with others to complete tasks such as straightening up the store. My co-workers were all very friendly and we all shared similar interests in things. The managers were all nice and helped out whenever there were issues. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with a customer who had to many issues that I couldn't solve. The most enjoyable part was being able to work with the others and complete our tasks and to help customers find what they needed.
Enjoyable work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Norman, OKJuly 3, 2015
I was a cashier when needed but i was usually a overnight pricer.
They taught me everything i needed to know.
Management was great and worked with me on my hours.
Typical Retailer
Off hour stock crew, Retailer (Current Employee), Florence, KYJuly 3, 2015
A typical day at work involves stocking the store and working out frieght. I've learned how to sell product and correctly stock a store to make it visibly easy for customers.
A fun productive workplace
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Black Friday rush
(Store Now Out of Business) A typical day at work for me was talking to customers and answering any questions they had about the toys. I stocked shelves when they needed to be stocked. The management was exceptional. My co-workers were also fun to work with. The job was not difficult at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun environment that surrounded me.
Stock shelves,take inventory,assist customers (Former Employee), Dickson City, PAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Fun atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons: Management
I loved this place. I started off temporary to possible hire. Now i worked my tail off, just to lose the open full-time permanent position, to a kid who barely worked and called off all the time. They chose him over me because his Grandfather was Regional manager. My manager was great the people i worked with were great.
useless
Team Member (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: kids
Cons: poor management, unorganized place of business, very messy scenery
i started off seasonal. and after the season was over they kept me permanently. they only let me work two days out of the week then when i asked for more hours so i can help them out they would tell me i should be grateful that they kept me..
productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 2, 2015
a typical day at work entailed, stocking, cashiering, customer service, working with team members to ensure safety and satisfaction of every customer
Was a great company to work for a long time ago
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJuly 1, 2015
Busy with stocking shelves; signage, getting ready for Sunday's ad. Management was good the first time I worked at TRU. They cared about their employees back then. The second time I worked there, management only cared about sales, not the employees, newly hired employees were not trained, There was no follow up with jobs being done. Hardest part of the job second time around was seeing how down hill the company or at least that particular store had gone.
i enjoy working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Aventura, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: discounts and short breaks
Cons: short staff
A day at work is always a rush because there is always a lot of customers. I learned how to do fast transactions. The managers are helpful when they are needed and the co-workers are helpful to. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who don't understand English and the most enjoyable part of the job is being around a positive environment.
fun work place and very helpful for experience.
Intern (Former Employee), California, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: not enough tasks to work in
I was an intern at this job so I was not being paid. This job was to help me get as much work experience that I can. I was an intern at Toys R Us, Doller tree, and Rite Aid. I learned that the customer is always right and you always have to be professional at work. Drama is never excepted at work. the most enjoyable part of these jobs was staying busy stocking merchandise or anything I could. Well in these jobs I honestly did not feel like anything was difficult for me.
Being a Seasonal Worker
Team Member (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2015
Working with Toys R Us during the holidays was always a fulls day of work but fun. It never slowed down because it was the holidays, all the deals and sales. People was shopping all day long. The children were fun for the most part. I really enjoyed working with them.
Productive fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), goodyear, arizonaJune 30, 2015
Very fun work place. I enjoyed everyday I went to work. Very positive and upbeat atmosphere. I recommend this job to anyone.
ok place
Associate (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 30, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: pay
overall not too bad, pay could use a little work. decent hours and customer service friendly. would work for again. lots of ways to advance.
Very laid back place.
Retail/Over Night Stock (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 29, 2015
Stock and up-stocking the store. The management was hand hands but from time to time. Majority of my co-workers were great people and very hardworking. The hardest part of the job was that it was over night. The most enjoyable part was dealing with toys.
n/a
Cashier / Sales Representative (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJJune 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my staff and assessing their progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Monday to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and meet once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff during the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues. For example, during a recent mid-week meeting, I noticed one team was a few days behind on a long-term project. I met with the team and, together, we came up with a strategy for increasing efficiency among the team. Along with constant interaction with my team, I also attend a weekly board meeting where I present my department’s progress to the executive board. On Fridays, once all these tasks are completed, I make sure I have completed all necessary communication for the week via email and in person, and create a list of priorities for next week.
fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 29, 2015
worked with numerous of customers
sold products to consumers
co-workers were amazing
help with assembling toys and products
not witnessing my full potential
Floor Specialist/Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Little Neck, NYJune 28, 2015
This Job taught me a lot but wasn't smart enough to hire people so we have my hands to work and close the store on time so it wouldn't eat up the hours for the workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more

Toys 'R' Us Salaries