Toys 'R' Us
3,860 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

getting along with team members and helping each other
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Braintree, MAFebruary 26, 2015
i enjoy the people i work with, most enjoyable was seeing children as newborns and before you know it they are 10, a day at work included answering phones, waiting on customers, doing a few things on the computer, working on a cash register and also doing markdowns for apparell
fun and productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 26, 2015
it was a great place to work for seasonal.. management was awesome. except the person who comes in at night and is really picky
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Described merchandise and explain operation of merchandise to customers.
Maintained knowledge of current promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
Operated a cash register to process cash, check and credit card transactions.
Explained information about the quality, value and style of products to Influence customer buying decisions.
Replenished floor stock and processed shipments to ensure product availability for customers.
work place
Manager of Sales & Use Tax (Current Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 25, 2015
very challenging and an always working environment with all new ideas being implemented across all areas of retail. Kept busy at all times but not enough room for career advancement or education.
Not really a great place
Baby Registry Associate, Crossed-trained (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: get to work with toys
Cons: benefits suck, hours never consistent, had to kiss butts to get promotions that never lasted
The store that I worked at, you really had to kiss butts to get ahead anywhere as far as promotions. Hours were never consistent. one week you had 30 hrs, the next you only had 5.
Seasonal
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 25, 2015
I do not remember much about the job. I could say the manger was very nice with giving extra hours. it was an seasonal job while I attend high school.
Just wish the drive to get there wasn't so long...
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Vista, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: very guest focused, helping new families realize their dreams
Cons: too far to travel with rotating schedule, needs more transfer flexibility.
Don't get me wrong, I loved working for "R" Us, both at Babies "R" Us and Toys "R" Us. You get to spend time with families and help them realize their dreams; that goes for the guests as well as the Team Members.

Generally speaking, as an Assistant Manager you will usually have a core set of responsibilities (either Merchandising or Operational) that need to be reviewed/accomplished weekly through team training and delegation and follow-up, and you will also have a variety of side projects of differing levels of importance that will also need to be accomplished that may change from day to day or week to week. In addition, you must keep cognizant of sales and key selling metrics.

For me, the hardest part of the job was the commute. As a retail professional, I highly enjoyed most of my time at the store, but driving over an hour to and from work ate significantly into my pay as the single earner in my family. That, coupled with a rotating schedule, had me almost asleep behind the wheel of my car when I had to close at night then open the next morning. Unfortunately, transfer was unavailable from the location I was in,

The hours this position will demand of you can be daunting, especially during the holiday season, but if it wasn't for the drive/lack of transfer availability I would still be there.
Fun work environment
Department Manager (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 24, 2015
This job let me grow as a person and become a leader not only for the store but also outside of work as well. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers during the holiday season but when you know your making a child happy by playing the part of getting that special toy to them, that just makes everything better!
Not really the best enviorment for me
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Niles, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Typical day at work included working the register, restocking and organizing shelves and assisting guests. Learned how to operate register, work with checks and cash, and finding products. Management and coworkers were alittle too unfriendly. Hardest part was working black Friday sales. Most enjoyable was working the register. I just loved greeting people, working with the technology and just the overall aspect of it.
Productive and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), AtlantaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free meals on holidays
Cons: short break
Toys R Us is a very exciting place to work. I learend how to provide excellent customer service for both adults and children. Management helped me through ever problem i came across. My co workers were very friendly and we always work together to complete task in the workplace. Hardest part of the job was probably reshopping the store. The most enjoyable part of working for Toys R Us was them teaching me the fundementals of team work.
nice place to meet people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Worked cashier during busy shifts.
Took care of floor merchandise and clean-up.
Assisted incoming customers with all questions and purchases.
Friendly, fun work environment.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good breaks, friendly environment
Cons: staying super late due to messy store.
I loved working here! Wish it wasn't seasonal. Had a fun time fixing aisles and rearranging them, working with kids, and learning different areas. Kids weren't the obnoxious ones-- it was the parents! So incredibly rude. Co-workers and management was awesome and friendly. Would recommend for a first job!
Its a fun workplace with lots of kids toys and clothes
Team Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: shortbreaks
A typical day at work for me was always a good day for me except when they were never on things when you needed stuff. I like getting to know other co workers and getting to learn new things.
Fun and Educational Work Enviornment
Sales Team Member (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: payment
Even though I was only a seasonal employee at Toys R Us they made sure to teach me as much as they could so I would have those skills to take to other employers. I transferred to Babies R Us after the holiday season and have been working there ever since. I transferred within the company to Chesapeake, VA for seven months then transferred back to Fort Wayne, IN.
It's alright
Cashier (Former Employee), BrooklynFebruary 23, 2015
Easy job, rude managers. Managers will never be on your side as always. But what do you expect from a customer service base company. Don't let it get to you. Was accused of things I didn't do. Hardest part was just accepting everything even if it was true.
Workplace where I had my introduction to the customer service realm
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Toys R Us was a great place for me to join the workforce. I was trained very well by my supervisors and associate. They made tasks I had daily simple and straight forward. Every time I clocked in I was happy to do it.
Not a place for the average adult
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 21, 2015
This is a great place to work at if it is your first job. The atmosphere seem to specialize in that manner. I would have rather worked for their sister company, babiesrus.
Fun place to work at!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: management
I worker here seasonal, so it was constantly busy and you could never catch a break! I enjoyed being around kids all day every day. I loved everyone i worked with and got along with them all very well.
Seasonal Job
Part time Seasonal (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I loved working there. It was busy but in a good way i would like to have this job for good but it was only seasonal. I would stock and take care of costumers all day till my shift is over.
Fun place to work
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, MIFebruary 20, 2015
I held a few positions at Toys R Us. I was an overnight stocker, a cashier, and a customer service cashier. Everyone there was really great people. The hard part was that it was just a seasonal job and the hours weren't the greatest. The best was seeing all the kids.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more