Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 5,557 reviews matching the search
In the end, it's still about toys.
SharePoint Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 18, 2016
There were some challenges when it comes to technology. For example, TRU bought a basic support package and off shored it, and it was a disaster. But the local support teams were really nice to work with. Most things got resolved. Still, I hope that they fix that and choose a better IT team.
Fun workplace with great team members that treats each other like family.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 17, 2016
A typical day at work is busy with many customers. I have learned how to work the cash register and sign people up for different enrollments. The managers treat you like family and push you to your best abilities. The co-workers are also extremely nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job is trying to take care of every customers' needs on a busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and helping new people every day and seeing the faces of satisfied customers.
Pros
On certain days the job provides snacks. It also provides employers discount.
Cons
The job does not give many hours.
Great place to work, fun for all ages
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 17, 2016
Typical work day consisted of Customer Service, Returns of Merchandise, Over see Cashiers and Cash Handling, Closing procedures, Knowledge of Product. Management was excellent to work with
Pros
knowledge of new toys
Cons
part time
Fun work place
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 16, 2016
i liked it it was fun. i worked as a night stocker. i liked it. i like working at night. it was seasonal but it was fun while it lasted. i found really fun.
Must Read
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYSeptember 16, 2016
This place is fun to work at but unfortunately the upper management Drains the life out of you, once they get use to you they think it's okay to make jokes about you a few feet away from you and also in your face. They don't know how to appreciate their hard working associates. You can come to work happy and one of the upper management people would find a way to turn that around. The bathroom is always dirty and smell really bad mostly everyday and at the end of the day people throw items behind other items and make it look neat so they can leave early.
Pros
Customers & the friends you make
Cons
Upper management
Fun working with kids of all ages
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCSeptember 16, 2016
Enjoyed my short but sweet stay because I had the best co-workers and supervisor. Wished I could stay a little longer but the job was seasonal. I would love to work for the company again given the chance!
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Seeing children play was wonderful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 16, 2016
Toys R Us is a very stressful job with little pay. Management didn't appreciate their employees and expected so much from us. If we didn't reach our goal because of a slow day we get yelled or our hours will decrease to 4 hours a week. The only thing I enjoyed was seeing children's faces light up when you found their favorite toy!
Pros
Children
Cons
Horrible management, short breaks, few hours, stressful goals
New Leadership brings challenges and lots of consultants
Executive Director/Director Global eCommerce (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 16, 2016
The Digital business has undergone a significant changing of the guard. New CTO, CIO, and all Director level positions in both IT and the Business. Many consultants were brought in by the new leaders to "Assess" the business.
Pros
Summer Fridays- half day
Cons
Poor Comp, benefits, transparency of leadership
Pretty much a joke to work here if you have a life
Sales Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 16, 2016
The mamangement is always on a power trip and barley lets you have any freedom. The coworkers are wonderful! But, you leave work sore and over worked.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Overworked, bad management
fun productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 15, 2016
always busy
few hours
learned how to better communicate with customers
learned how to appropriately deal with angry customers
fun work enviornment
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 14, 2016
I would restock itms from the go back when not busy , fix shelves and cases in between isles, work mostly at register and help people check out. 2 months in customer service sales and exchanges.
Fun work environment and great customers!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 14, 2016
I love the company and what they stand for and it has been a pleasure working alongside the employees this past year. I have grown so much as a person with this company and have learned many new skills that I've used inside and outside of work.
Fun workplace
Toys R Us (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYSeptember 14, 2016
I had a fun time working at toys r us. It was just difficult taking on two jobs at once. But the managers and employees were great. Their patience was unbelievable as I made quite a few mistakes and they didn't yell at me. If I could, I would work there again
No Security
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 14, 2016
Store becomes a violent workplace very frequently because of the guests that comes in and steals. They get violent with the employees and sometimes get physical with them when trying to prevent theft, leaving the employees in danger because of lack of security or asset protection.
Cons
Healthcare, Compensation, Staffing, Annual Bonuses/Raises
Productive and Fun work place
Human Resource Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 14, 2016
Toys R Us was a fun and productive work place that put family before work but also has great benefits and time off the work place
Good Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 14, 2016
Good place to work with great co-workers. Slow Advancement and high turn over. Hours are all over the place and hard to juggle work and life events.
Unstable with no internal advancement
Local Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 14, 2016
I worked for 8 years for Toys R Us and was always praised for my work. I was considered to be a strong candidate for promotion and product expert. The position I held last was introduced in May 2012. When it became available I applied and never got an interview for this position. It was given to another lady and she did a very lackluster job and eventually left the company. They finally allowed me the chance to interview and I landed the position. I continued in this role and out performed everyone's expectations by increasing sales year over year by a consistent 10%. While in this position I was up for store manger roles for 2 years and never got an interview even though I was in their TAP program (a program designed to have candidates ready for promotion). The position that I held was ultimately cut nationally with a 4 day notice. There were 50 people in my role across the country. We found out Tuesday Aug 30 that Friday Sep 2 would be our last day. They had just filled the store manager position in the city I live in for the second time without giving me a shot at interviewing. I spent 8 years with them and that's how they rewarded me. So, needless to say I would not recommend them to anyone else.
Pros
Vacation accrual
Cons
Healthcare, Job security, advancement
Awesome!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 13, 2016
It's a very friendly environment, and everyone there are basically friends! It's very stress free and drama free, I would highly recommend working there.
Pros
Presents if you get credit, and break room is always has food
Good place to start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CT 06110September 12, 2016
I started off here as a toy consultant then moved my way up to customer service. As a customer service associate I had to really learn how to multitask. I had to ring out the customers (Iwas the only cashier) answer phone calls, take returns and exchanged and make sure every single customer had the best experience they can in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how many tasks I can complete alone it was very self- fulfilling.
Pros
close to home and good hours
Cons
not enough employees to help
fun, outgoing.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTSeptember 12, 2016
Only worked there as a seasonal cashier, they are a great company and fun to work for, only thing is they are not very understadning when it comes to family emergancy, or your children. Pay isnt the best