Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 7,171 reviews matching the search
always something to do
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  350 bay chester ave, bronx, ny 10475July 18, 2017
typical day at work is busy , co workers helping customers. getting down bikes , strollers , anything check if we have thing available for them. making it easier for them.
Fun overnight job!
Seasonal Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCJuly 18, 2017
I worked as a Night Stocker for Toys R Us and loved the job! It involved pulling stock from the back and stocking your department. I was in charge of the Game Wall. It was organized alphabetically which made restocking very efficient and easy. We worked 11 p.m.-7 a.m. so didn't have to deal with customers which was a definite plus. The management was nice and we got all of our breaks on schedule. I wouldn't mind working there again. This position was seasonal around Christmas.
Pros
Good management, fun job
Cons
Seasonal position
Productive & fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 18, 2017
Not sure as to why you make this a requirement to fill out. My review would be a lot better if it was an option to fill out this form instead. Providing you guys some good feedback.
Very fun place to work
Social Media customer serivce (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 18, 2017
Pool table to relax during the day. Fun atmosphere. Activities during the week. Energetic employees. Great food in cafe. Occasional deer sighting. I looked forward to going to work every morning.
my experiance
Cashier & furniture sales (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 18, 2017
I started as a cashier was transfer to furniture sales within the the first 2 weeks then eventually the lead for that department I left because things slowed down and got to be boring and was offered better pay else where.
Pros
easy work
Cons
sort of boring after a while
Great company
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 18, 2017
Toys R Us treats employees like family and the atmosphere was always professional. The benefits and compensation were excellent and there were always opportunities for advancement. I didn't have any children when I worked for them but, they were always flexible and understanding towards the women who did have young children.
n/a
Overnight stock crew (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2017
working at toys r us was tiring some nights people would not come to work and that would se back the whole team and in order to finish you would have to pick up on somebody elses slack
Amazing
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 17, 2017
Learned to communicate with a lot of different people.
Amazing mangers . I enjoyed being able to put smiles on children's faces. It wasn't hard a Job
Pros
Being able to help Guest
Cons
15min Breaks & 30 min lunches
Toys r us review
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 17, 2017
Typical day- I come to work review metrics from previous day. I come up with a game plan and I delegate to the crew what I want done. I then task myself with a project until the store opens. Before the store opens I conduct a team huddle to communicate what is going on with the store and a company.
Working for Babies R Us was for the most part great there were just a few things that were a problem.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 17, 2017
Working for Babies R Us was really enjoyable for the most part. The main concern and issue that I had while working there was the scheduling. Requesting for days off was really hard to do with one particular manager, and I had some really important days that I needed off and that I couldn't get off. other than that my experience working there was thoroughly enjoyable.
Pros
The other employees were really nice.
Cons
scheduling
fun place to work
Team Leader/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 17, 2017
fun place to work especially during holiday season. everyone is always nice and very helpful. only hard part about this job is dealing with nasty customers during the holiday other than that enjoyable
Decent
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 17, 2017
Greets all customers and Associates encountered with a smile and encourages others to smile and say hi. Assists customers in a friendly, courteous manner.
Amazing, best co workers
bike assembler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2017
This was the best job I've ever had, waking up early to go in at 6am was a drag, but once I got there it was like a second home, I loved working with my coworkers. The managers were always a pleasant to work with, they were always friendly.
Pros
The friends I made there
Cons
Black friday weekend
Decent seasonal job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2017
I was a seasonal worker, and it was not bad at all. I dont give it a super high score, simply because there were no benefits and very little option for a seasonal worker to become non seasonal.
Not ok
Part-time truck driver making deliveries (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 16, 2017
Was a good place to work in the beginning until management changed. And also loosing money and did away with company truck and went with jb hunt. Co worker sucked.
Truthful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 16, 2017
Very truthful and I answered based on my experience and this is what I think about toys r us! But another than That I have nothing else to say they just need to improve on a couple of things
Super hard work and always working overtime
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2017
I was working during holiday season so the was one of the busiest times of the year for the company. So there was a lot of work that had to be done 10k worth of product needed to be on the floor every night and If work wasn't done by the end of the 10hr shift it was often expected you stay over time to finish up. I often worked 12 hr shifts, some back to back, and other coworkers often complained about sleep issues.
A really fun place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 15, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the toys r us company. Toys r us has a really great atmosphere and lots of neat products that are fun to sell. They gave me a really great opportunity to gain lots of necessary experience that I use even to this day. I really love Toys "R" Us !!
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Not Enough Hours
My first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 15, 2017
I was hired as a seasonal worker, just got back home from first year of college and needed some money. Never worked a day in my life while in high school;Toys R Us gave me a shot and I will forever be thankful
toy r us
Cutomer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 15, 2017
great company to work for. Learned a lot within the last 9 years I have been employed with the company. I was able to grow and become a team leader. Most of my duties include stock and cashier. Typical day at the job consist of display set up and being of help to my team when in need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.