Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,312 reviews matching the search
FIrst job,best job.
Overnight Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 6, 2016
I was 19 when I started working as an independent adult. i was grateful to not only get a job on my terms,being a nightowl, but one that payed 11.50 starting out. Plus overtime and frequent breaks were great.

Its was easy and simple. Found it to be fun and fast paced--with so much stuff to do the time flew by.And i was able to make extra money by staying a bit longer by doing relatively simple tasks like putting back items pulled off shelves by customers before the store reopened.

the only thing i honestly regretted was agreeing to work on Black Friday. One time i might die in a store due to rowdy customers almost toppling the shelving over.
Pros
Discounts, frequent breaks, fun
Cons
Physically demanding, can't leave store for lunch break, Black Friday
great co-workers
Dept. supervisor/ HR (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 6, 2016
the pay isnt the greatest for how much pressure they put on their employees and there is little recognition for good work
fun place to work
Inventory/Sales/BOH (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJune 6, 2016
customers are friendly...the co-workers are the best....the management is ok to me...i like that it's close to a shopping area
worst place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 5, 2016
Management can not be any worse. understaffed at all times which gives no flexibility for the remaining employees. most employees barely make it over a month there until they quit. we do not get paid enough for such a stressful job. Would not recommend this job even to my enemy
Pros
non
Cons
management sucks
Sales Team Member - Productive and friendly atmosphere.
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 5, 2016
As a Sales Team Member my day would usually start out as a cashier. Then, later in the day, I usually would work in the bike department. I very much enjoyed giving customer service at both positions. I learned my duties and responsibilities quickly. Then I truly felt how very rewarding it was to always help customers with all their questions, comments and requests. The management was extremely knowledgeable and terrific to work for, always resolving situations. The co-workers became good friends so easily to get along with. They also enjoyed giving all the customer service to the customers in the store. The hardest part of the job was when the store was temporarily out of stock for an item that was very, very popular. The store would always remedy the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I could give the best customer service and the customer was satisfied with what the store had to offer.
Pros
Fun place, great people, very enjoyable and rewarding.
Cons
I was not able to work full time.
Great Place to work
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJJune 5, 2016
This job was a fast pace environtment. Learning the warehouse was easily obtain.It was a friendly base environment. Management was great. There was overtime. Overall a great atmosphere to work
Good place to work at.
warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 3, 2016
A typical day at work is pull from the dock and take it to the correct aisle and make sure the dock is clear the co-workers are the best part of the day. You get to laugh and joke around and still do your job.
Lunacy
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 3, 2016
This is on disorganized place to work.
If you are assigned to one spot of the store, expect to be working another part by the end of the hour, not because a customer asked for assistance, but because you were moved to cover someone else.
Stay on the register.
very fun andenjoyabl to work at
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 2, 2016
it was a great company great team work but they need to give more hours to there employee's, also costumers were great and very organized and managers, an assistant manager were very kind and understood, if you were late and not able to come in and always helped t make your schedule flexible if going to school.
Pros
great team work
Cons
not enough hours give or days
great work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2016
great place to work, with management giving you a opportunity to get involve with the customer. Not challenging but a great job to have during college.
Fun envioment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 1, 2016
Very fast paced, fun, new ways to motivate the work. Management is always understanding but also expects a lot. If you perform correctly, it is such a great place to be. All team members are very friends and welcoming. Many people to help teach you different ways of doing things until you find a way that works best for you.
Pros
lots of free food, employee discounts, fun games to play to win prizes
Cons
fast paced, lots of pressure
fun at times very stressfull
Pricing and signage (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJune 1, 2016
I learned a lot , ive done cashiering , store room worker , started there doing janitorial maintenance , ive recently been doin pricing and signage.
retail
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 1, 2016
I would schedule and conduct interviews, hire employees, teach and train, assists with schedules, associate relations and manage
productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2016
busy always working advancement and good hours always had overtime...learned to do multiple jobs and had friendly co workers. management was great and did not mind helping.
okay place to work while in college
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJune 1, 2016
it was okay. nice associates and cool boss. sundays and saturdays are the worst during holiday season but it helped me alot
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fast paced and loud
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 31, 2016
Do not consider working for Toys R Us if your energy doesn't match the energy of the customers. I definitely gained a better understanding of how interacting with the customer in a positive way not only benefits them but it benefits and reflects on the company.
Great Place
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 29, 2016
Start at 6am run bay audit then fill fgos then stock the shelves
learned how manage time
management is great
co-workers are the best
hardest part is truck in season xmas
most enjoyable is the people and the special things they do
Pros
Cons
Pay Pay Pay
Love Fun Busy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 28, 2016
Busy Busy Busy it was Christmas season and boy oh boy that was crazy but fun i loved it. Thanks for having me. you guys are the greatest team ever
Pros
Busy, Loved the people i worked with
Cons
My feet were aching lol
Always Changing Enviorment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 28, 2016
Toys R Us Gave me a new outlook on what superior customer service is all about I was taught from day one too treat all customers equally and learn a great deal of improved patience when comes too handling certain situations.
Pros
ENviorment
Cons
Pay
great temporary job
Graveyard Stocker (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 28, 2016
Nightshift was extreme with great pay and good benefits. Many hours and shifts were needed so there was always work available. not a lot of customer service.
Pros
Pay, hours, experience
Cons
not somethinig you want as a career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.