Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 6,980 reviews matching the search
Long, but productive
Cart Attendant/Item Stocker, part-time (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 14, 2017
I got a job at Toys R Us during my first semester of my first year in college. I was only a seasonal employee coming in the last two months of working. Overall, the job was nice and I was able to work around a lot of toys. It was fun.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Long hours in the cold
Managment problems
Merchandise Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 14, 2017
While working at this position, myself and others felt that the management was not appropriate in their conduct. In particular, one manager had the tendency to single myself out and was very respectful and down putting towards myself.
It's a fast pace work place.
Floor Associate, Stocker, Truck Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 14, 2017
A typical day at Toys R' Us is usually a simple one. Go in a few hours before the store opens up and make sure that the store is properly filled with merchandise and appropriately presentable for the customers.
Working at this company will teach any employee the essentials need to operate in the store such as learning how to use a sapphire, stocking, printing labels, scanning away, and scanning things out of bays.
Management is nice and friendly. They make sure that every employee is up to par with the store. Rather it's store knowledge or proper training.
The hardest part of working at Toys R' Us would have to be gaining knowledge of everything in the store, from the toys, to the food, to baby gear. A great store employee most know the whole store to become a better team member.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers. Some of the best memorable things while working at this company have come from helping the customer. Especially during the season, everyone is so nervous about finding that perfect gift, that it brings joy to us when we know that we are happy and ale to help.
Pros
You get to know what hot item is coming the store ahead of time.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 14, 2017
I was a cashier. I enjoyed helping customers and helping them with there purchases. A typical day was ringing up purchases and cleaning up aisles making sure everything was neat.
Busy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 14, 2017
Typical day at work is getting to my register and being consistently busy for a period of at least 3 hours. I learned alot about how to work the newly advanced cash register, and that was very helpful. Managers help as much as they can with how busy the store was. Hardest part of the job was never knowing when you were gonna be able to take your lunch break. Most enjoyable part of the job was when kids would come to my register and have a big smile on their face about the toy they are getting,
Pros
10% discount
Enjoyed my time here
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 14, 2017
I did not spend that much time at Toys R Us, but the time i did spend there was not wasted. I liked all the people I got to work with and everyone got along great. The managers were fun and enjoyed to help anybody. The job was similar to any other retail position. You stock shelves, help customers, work the register, etc. I would refer people to work at this Toys R Us, it is a good place and you get to wear a Santa hat during December.
Pros
Laid back enviroment
Sometime a fun place.
Universal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitestone, NYJune 14, 2017
Working at a toy store can have its moments where it can be fun. Doing demos for new toys or having events for kids is amazing to do because seeing the kids have a great time is gives you life. The hours can be long especially due the holiday season. There can be really late nights.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Late hours, pay
a beginners place to work for
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Muncy, PAJune 14, 2017
This is decent place to work for is not all that great but some of the mangers are great and positive and some of them I got nothing good to say about them, you do get a great hand on opportunity,but there are so many scheduling conflicts either not enough people or not enough hours the hr person there is great very helpful if I forget a password, all and all its ok place to work for
Pros
earn time off, vacation, hands on training
Cons
must work black friday, not enough hours, short-handed on busy days
Probably one of the worst jobs I ever worked for.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 14, 2017
The company had to much going on in a bad way. I have been there for for six years and already on my 5th store manager. The company seems to have a high turnover rate. A lot employees are not happy there. The company creates then cuts positions. Causing employees to lose their full-time status and benefits. Which makes you not want to take a higher position in the company. The company seems to have any kind of order.
A more enjoyable job among the big retailers
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 14, 2017
As far as an entry level sales job goes it's not bad. Didn't see much of an opportunity to get promoted/ get a pay raise but that's expected from a minimum wage sales job. Environment and co-workers are fun in and outside of the workplace. No benefits or paid time off.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits
Most negative workplace ever.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2017
I honestly wouldn't want to go to work. I learned every essential need of being a cashier, a guest service representative. The management were extremely into favoring, only like one supervisor was mutual. The workplace was stressful. The would put down anyone who didn't make their redcard quota. And the managers were extremely disrespectful and had horrible attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job was it was seasonal. And The hardest part of the job was the workplace.
ok work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 13, 2017
It is just like any other retail company. your work experience is based on whoever is in charge at that moment. The pay is about average. Employees are asked to up sell things like batteries and protection plans for products.
Energic and ready to help
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 13, 2017
Fun to help a child find something to make their day or birthday, also enjoyed doing baby registries so nice to see new parents so excited for their new bundle of joy.
Temporary employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2017
Toys R Us is an alright place to work if you're only looking for temporary employment. You can start out as a cashier and advance to customer service but with the extra responsibility there is no incentive.
Productive work environment
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 13, 2017
How manage time overnight
How to stock and unload trucks
How to communicate with an customer
Fast pace work environment
Hardest part of the job was trying not to get left behind
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Less breaks
so-so company unless a parent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 13, 2017
it would be excellent to work here IF your a parent of anyone under 18 for the discounts alone but most other aspects are rough like there hiring cycle and how many people they let go regularly.
It was a seasonal position
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 13, 2017
You couldn't be shy to work at a place like this, Defiantly have to be a sociable person to work at a toy store and you just have to make sure you don't stressout because of the busy days and because of the sales, And just be positive and be ready for any task the manager wanted you to do
Pros
Good Pay and Discounts
Cons
Rude Customers
Relaxed, Fun place to work
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 13, 2017
Relaxed environment, friendly coworkers and management. Pay is low, benefits null, but nice change from other types of work.Job advancements available, but pay increases are very low.
Pros
Discounts
Seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 12, 2017
Great seasonal job. Tons of competition, which is what I loved. If we worked during the holidays they would make sure they fed us well too. They even offered time and a half pay.
Great!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 12, 2017
Great Company to work for with wonderful benefits. Upper management is very involved in day to day store operations. I would recommend working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.