Toys 'R' Us
4,469 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Toys R Us was a great job to have while in school
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJune 19, 2015
working for Toys R us was very fun, the balance between life and work was awesome!! a typical day at work was busy but I made time go by fast, all co-workers were very friendly and welcoming.
great benefits for PT employees
Merchandiser (Current Employee), WIJune 19, 2015
Nice to have flexible hours to fit any schedule. You have no life around the holidays. Good benefits for part time employees
They are amazing!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Concord, NHJune 19, 2015
I loved Toys R Us the only reason i left was because it wasnt busy and there were no hours! They are very nice and caring! Most definitely my favorite place!
Blast to have a job here
Team Member (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed everything about this job except for the long hours about holidays but I loved the pay. The experience working here taught me team work and the ability to work under a time frame. Helping customers find the items that they are looking for was the highlight of working on the floor. I started out working the inventory when it came in, but with determination I made it up to customer service.
Nice place
Sales floor associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 18, 2015
Pros: discount
perfect place for teens to work, its fun and cool. The discount is good and the coworkers are all usually around the same age so we all relate easily.
fun work place
Team Member (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: work enviornment
Cons: hours and pay
I love the people that I work with and the management is alright, although they have some things they can work on. Since I'm part-time I barely get enough hours and pay to take care of my family.
Enjoyable place to work
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAJune 17, 2015
Pros: People, Environment
Cons: Hours not always good
I enjoyed going into work each day. The people were friendly as well as the customers. I learned to assist children customers. My managers were understanding when I got pregnant and was sick at work. The hardest part of the job was standing on the hard mats at the registers. The most enjoyable art of my job was helping customers find a specific toy or item.
Great work place
Apparel Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Katy, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: None that I can think off
Great Work place wonderful management team great product and just overall fun place to work. Everyday was a great. You would learn something new everyday about product that you were selling. The most enjoyable part of the day was the children who came in with their Mom and Dad !!!!
I was a temporary employee
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJune 16, 2015
A fun place to work. Great co workers and very entertaining. Kids enjoy shopping at Toys R Us because they can play with the toys.
Great Job
ASSET PROTECTION ANALYST (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 16, 2015
Great job very flexible schedule, room to grow within company. Salaries are competitive and fair. Management and staff are very welcoming
Gotta love it for it to be worth it
Back of House Associate (Former Employee), Exton, PAJune 16, 2015
Pros: easy work in the back
Cons: short breaks, bad hours, bad pay, difficult coworkers
For the work you have to do and the hours that are offered to part-time employees, you really have to want to work here. I was a backroom worker, constantly being pulled up to the register because actual cashiers couldn't be bothered.
It was an alright job
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashua nh 03062June 15, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: Drama
It was okay. I didn't really like all the drama. it was an easy job. I would cash people out when they were done shopping and cleaned up the store when we were about to close. management was alright same with the co-workers.
it was a fun and energetic place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), west hartford, ctJune 15, 2015
Pros: the discount on toys
Cons: it was only temporary work
i actually enjoyed going to work everyday, my co-workers were very nice. i learned to be a lot more social and all the cartoon characters which came in handy because i have a baby. there was not a hard part working here but the thing i enjoyed most was putting smiles on children's faces when they got the toy they wanted.
Productive Fun Workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Champaign, ILJune 15, 2015
Pros: Long breaks
Cons: Paying for Lunches
A typical day at work is usually fun, long and drawled out. I learned how to work on the cash register very fast and also how to deal with big purchases. Management was well put together. My co-workers were also always fun to be around and full of energy. The hardest part was dealing with more than one big purchase from costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being there on holidays as well
Fun place to work at
Supervisor/Keys (Former Employee), Hobart, INJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Management
Good people to work with. Good benefits but Management is really bad. They don't treat their workers right. They have no compassion for the workers.
Love For Kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: The Kids
Cons: It being seasonal
Helping the parents and kids find the toys and games they were looking for. Learned to be an exquisite team player. Management was so so. Hardest part of the job was it being seasonal and not many hours. I loved playing with the children.
Can be a fun environement to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJune 15, 2015
Cons: not enough staff per shift. minimal hours.
I enjoyed working here but we are very short staffed which can be very overwhelming at times. I still manage to strive with the company but don't see much growth coming out of my position. I have nominated employee of the month but sometimes feel overwhelmed with lack of communication and staff help.
productive and fun
stock/cashies (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYJune 14, 2015
Pros: discounts on toys
Cons: short lunch breaks
stocking boxes and customer service

I learn how to interact with everyday people

management trained me well

co-workers was very helpful

hardest part was setting up the products for the the new store

most enjoyable part is when you learn everything it becomes much easier
Very Fun And Productive Place To Work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 14, 2015
Pros: Exciting Place To Work
Cons: Standing For Long Hours
Get There You Work Hard In The Beginning Then You Can Coast The Rest Of The Night At A Cool Pace. I Learned Hard Work Pays Off. Management Was Perfect They Knew How To Motivate. My Co Workers Were Fun And Easy Going. The Hardest Part Of The Job Was Unloading The Truck And Standing Long Hours. The Most Enjoyable Part Was The Atmosphere It Was Great.
My experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Eastgate, OhioJune 12, 2015
This was a seasonable position. I wasn't really here long enough to answer a lot of questions but I do have a few experiences to discuss.

I had to rely on transportation from others as I was without a vehicle at the time. During December, after leaving my shift at 11 PM, I walked outside to see my ride had not yet arrived due to car trouble. I knocked on the door to be let inside so I wouldn't have to wait outside. I was not allowed back inside the building. I had to sit outside on the sidewalk in 20 degree weather for half an hour.

Every time I left, I had to be patted down and all of my belongings had to be checked. I felt like a criminal just by working there.

There were certain processes to be followed during the work day that didn't seem very safe or secure.

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more

Toys 'R' Us Salaries