Toys 'R' Us
3,860 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

Productive and fun
Salesman (Former Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Toys R Us was a fun time to work for and enjoyable at many times. A typical day working was helping customers and meeting the customers needs.
Very fast paced workplace.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 8, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of clocking in at 10 p.m. , unloading the freight, then stocking the shelves for the remainder of the shift. Co-workers we're great, the hardest part of the job was adapting to the overnight hours.
fun work place
Stocker (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: short lunch
This job is real kid friendly and a great place to start of your work career. The store is for kids and it leaves one with a good attitude because the fun nature.
Toys R Us was a good experience
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 7, 2015
Toys R Us taught me the basics of sales and retail. I learned a lot from working there. The management and co-workers were great and were really friendly.
Enjoyable work place and team
Back room Stocker (Former Employee), Amherst, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: caring friendly management and employees. friendly environment
Cons: hours, and reliability of constant work.
Working for Babies R Us on Niagara Blvd was an enjoyable experience. I learned what is involved in working the floor in a retail setting, being able to help customers and how much work it really is to be a retail associate.

My managers were agreeable friendly people that were always giving positive feed back or constructive criticism to help each employee improve their performance.

My co-workers were friendly and enjoyable to be around.

The hardest part of the job were the hours. I was part time, and being in a retail environment you never know for sure if you would work day time, night time, afternoon, week days or weekend. I needed something with reliable hours and prefer a set schedule.

I kept the job until after the holidays as extra income, but felt It was easier to focus on my full time job after that.
Good place to work.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Toms River, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good breaks
Worked overnights and it was quite easy. Just about 5 of us total worked the overnight. We unloaded the trucks, stocked items and scanned items into the system. It wasn't hard at all. The only issue I ran into is if the truck was late and all the work was done beforehand you were just standing there. I'm the type of person if I stand still for too long I get more tired than if I'm moving. So if a truck is running late, always find something to do. Managers were great, coworkers were cool too. This was my second job and I left due to only wanting to work there until after the Holidays for some extra cash.
Fun workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Lots of fun on a daily basis. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to play and get paid. The least enjoyable part of the job was that the position was only seasonal for a temporary Toys R Us Express Store.
promises but no action
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burbank, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Cons: management never did what they say they would do
The store manager told me i would be a regular employee instead of seasonal. For 3 weeks i was sheduled for 0 hours. Each week i would talk to the store manager about it. He proceeded to tell me he would change it. The store manager never changed it.
Fun atmosphere, yet demanding during holidays.
CASHIER/FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Cordova,TNFebruary 5, 2015
It was a fun place to work at. The managers were really nice and encouraged us. All of my co-workers got along. The hardest part is trying to get multiple things done in a short amount of time. I woul probably work there again
It is a great place to work
PSTM (Current Employee), Chesterfield MoFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: lttle quirks they offer their emploees
Cons: inconsitant hours
Our store management is the best. A great display of team work. Very positive attitude. While their I moved further away and Manager worked with to bring me in earlier . to avoid the traffic rush. That helped me to decide to stay their and drive the distance.
Great employees and fun job
Team Member (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 5, 2015
I love working at Toys R Us. The employees are always willing to help and go beyond their job description to help you whenever you need it. I learn something new every day whether it be related to products or processes to do things.
Productive with fun, down-to-earth, co-workers
Stocking Clerk (Former Employee), Middle Village, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: job security, lack of communication
Usually it's pretty straight forward, you go to your section of the store and you restock items that have been collected by you or your co-workers. As you are re-stocking these items you might find other misplaced items. At this moment you have two choices: re-stock it in its' rightful place or take to the cart that we have collected other misplaced items. I learned that you don't always need to re-stock the item in its' rightful place, especially if it doesn't belong to the section of the store you are working in. My co-worker gave me some advise once and it was, "never say 'I don't know' either tell them something you know or refer them to a manager." and with this advise i have never encountered an unhappy customer. The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, was on Christmas Eve. The most enjoyable part of working in Toys R Us is interacting with the customers. You never have a more gratifying experience than right after you just helped someone.
Toy R Us Disaster
Cashier (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MdFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: horrible managers and employees.
Working at Toys R Us is fun and all except for the stuck-upness of the managers and the favoritism that comes with them. I use to get decent hours until New Years Eve. I asked a manager 2 months in advance, if I could have that day off because my dad was coming home from being deployed and my mom saved Christmas and New Years all for one day so the family could spend time together. Well she scheduled me anyway as the ONLY cashier for that night knowing I couldn't come in. I learned later that it was because she was showing favoritism to the other cashiers and since I didn't come in she now has a grudge on me and gives me 5 hours a week. Completely ruining my life. Late on bills and rent. I need a new job. The Job is awesome, the people are not.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: seasonal
I really loved working here. I loved the atmosphere. Being able to help parents and kids alike to find that "right" toy/game for them was just the best feeling. Too bad my position was only a Seasonal one
Good jumping off Point
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 5, 2015
A good place to start your work experience, they train you on cashier up front as well as some stocking and customer service help. The rest is up to you!
Friendly with always a smile on
Cashier (Former Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 5, 2015
You would clock in, go to to help desk find your name and see where they put you at for the day. The managment was crazy because they are all over the place.
Very laid back place with a lot of teamwork and a lot of individual work.
Off Hours Stock Member (Former Employee), Peoria, IllinoisFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: music while working. 8.75 hourly
Cons: season job
A typical night at work would be me working 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. I would start by loading the boxes off the truck onto U-Boats for a specific area of the store depending on what kind of toy it is. Then I would be taking boxes out to the floor so the toys can be stocked and the boxes can be broken down. After that I would either help stock shelves and break down boxes or I would collect the broken down boxes and take them to the compacter. On some days the managers would call my name to pick orders for the shipping team, or they would call me to box toys for shipping. At the end of the night/morning I would normally load the boxes being shipped onto a UPS truck. This all would involve heavy lifting and fast paced movement. I could say that the management at Toys R Us is very good and friendly. They are your friend but still your boss, as I think it should be. However, I cannot say the co-workers were the best. A lot of people treated the job like a joke which I did not like so I tended to try and work as hard as possible and communicate only when needed. The hardest part of my job was knowing I might not get kept after the season. I cannot say anything was hard to me while working at Toys R Us. I loved it there. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music while doing most activities there. I can honestly say Toys R Us was the best job I ever had.
Pretty simple job though low pay
sales associate (Current Employee), Leominster MAFebruary 4, 2015
Generally its a pretty easy job. unload trucks, make sure the shelves are well stocked and occasionally work with customers. not really much to it and in general its smooth sailing with the exception of Christmas season. the only unfortunate part is the pay isn't quite the best. good for a part time job for someone that needs a starter job such as someone out of high school or early into college.
Good job, nice people
Stock/Cashier (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: people are nice and the job isn't that hard.
Cons: the pay could be better and would like to know about benefits.
I like my job, but would like full time. When asked about a management training program was told it would take a year of employment before your considered. Haven't heard anything about benefits and have seen people with years of employment let go.
The people are nice to work with and are willing to help when you have a question.
great atmosphere and provides great customer service
section leader (Former Employee), chula vista caFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great people, great environment
Cons: getting used to those late nights
i worked on the night crew, we would process the truck and put out all of the products so they can be available the next morning for the customers.i learned the true meaning of being apart of a team means.

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more