Toys 'R' Us
4,060 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

Was a good working enviroment nice people
Over night stock (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: stay busy
Cons: not always being able to finish all your work
We clocked in at 10:00 throw the truck divide truck into proper departments take it out to the sales floor once that was done we worl begin to stock the shelves till an hour before we got off and put left over product up in the proper place in the stock room
My Review
facilities conveyors mechanic (Former Employee), Flanders, NJMarch 9, 2015
Pros: learning new things, the people, the atmoshphere
Cons: safety is not good in some departments
1-pm's conveyors and repairs 2-learned repair high speed sorter and scanners 3-superviser facilities teen inspection all pm's done property 4-co-workers are good and do their job 5-The hardest part of the job is when Christmas time comes because it is very busy and a lot of work has to be done to make sure everything is done properly so that the product can go to the store.
6-The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to learn new things.
A Lot of work with a little time
Order Management Supervisor (Current Employee), Waterford, CTMarch 9, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: store manager undertrained and difficult to work with at times
I started my day with printing and processing the Ship from Store items which would be shopped, confirmed, package, and set aside to be sent out when the respective mailing was there for pick up. I pulled the daily Replenishment of items to be worked bak on to the floor before store opening. Confirming customers orders for in store pick up are on hand and properly located for pick up. Worked with other supervisors to move merchandise to the floor, or off the floor to be back Stocked in the Back of House freight bays. I would also conduct Audits on Freight Bays to ensure Bay accuracy and I would follow up on any discrepancies to maintain accuracy. I was available to help at the guest Service Desk and as a back up cashier whenever needed. On truck days I would delegate responsibilities to co workers to ensure proper unload of the truck and the working of freight to the floor, and what was to be back stocked in a time efficient manner.
Fun workplace
Cashier, Sales Floor, Guest Services (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good lunch hours
Cons: short breaks
I think overall that it was a wonderful experience. The employees made it very fun and professional. I learned how to be a good cashier, sales floor representative and have great customer service while working guest services. A typical day is good, you go and clock in. Get 30 minutes lunches, 15 minutes breaks, and if you have personal issues to address too like restroom needs, it is permitable. The hardest part of the job was honestly trying to understand what the youngest customers were saying when they tried to give me a description of what they were looking for. I enjoyed working with kids. They made my job fun. I enjoyed a child walking out of Toy's R Us knowing that my co workers, managers, and myself made somebodys day.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), peabodyMarch 8, 2015
fun environment, enjoyed working here. I would recommend working here if you love kids and can handle high volume workplace
Nice people but not so great
Cashier (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 8, 2015
Management could've been way better it was very poor even though the job was only seasonal I still got to see how everything operates
good crew
Stock clerk (Former Employee), Peabody, MAMarch 7, 2015
worked with a good crew enjoyed the job unfortunately no room for advancement or career opportunities pay was not enough to survive on
Really fun & easy place to work at
Stocker, Carts (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 7, 2015
Pros: sometimes get brought food from management
It was really fun working here, it was a great experience & was just easy in general. Stocking was easy & every one of the co-workers were easy going & kind.
Toys
Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2015
Pros: children
Cons: being around children
Working with A toy store and clothing store for children is A VERY FUN place to work. I loved working here. It was only seasonal for when I was in school but it was also GREAT. I learned how to work the register, I learned the reason behind rewards cards and i also learned A few different languages. I actually changed my major once I worked here. I wanted to work with children.
good job
Night Stock Merchandizer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 6, 2015
We nightly stock, straighten and set up the store at the Premium outlet to make sure everything is ready for the following day.
Its an awesome place to work
Guest Services (Current Employee), Monrovia, CAMarch 6, 2015
I love the people I work with but the compensation is minimum wage. I wish we got paid more but we don't. The discount is tax only. I only continue working here because of my co workers I dont really belive the company cares for its employees.
fun place work
Cashier (Former Employee), hixson tnMarch 6, 2015
give you the skills to learn. If you want to move up they help you find a job with in the company. This company have great family values.
n/a
Dept. sup (Current Employee), North Miami Beach, FLMarch 5, 2015
This is a good job. You get to meet a lot of great people. The best part is seeing the smile on kid faces. It is very stressful at times.
friendly and fun atmosphere
Overnight Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYMarch 4, 2015
very friendly and management who actually care about their workers.learned alot abut the toy side of the retail buisness,and every place is a oppurtunity to learn new skills.
Fun place to work with friendly welcoming people.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: friendliness, fun environment, things to do constantly
Cons: not so nice customers.
Made many friends, and we all had each others back. Fun environment to work in despite the job itself being serious. Many things to do, perfect for someone who enjoys being busy.
Fun store but awful pay and benefits
Human Resources Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pay check every 2 weeks
Cons: benefits, management, hours
I was an HRDS and even though I was HR I was never budgeted for HR hours. Full time did not mean 40 hours at my store. It was anywhere from 31-36 hours a week. Being that I wasn't budgeted for HR hours I spent 99.25% at the service desk as siting customers since we never had cashiers. Hours were all over the place and the management was never on the same page. Being HRDS all I did was recruit people via the hiring system...the rest of the tasks the store managers were too caught up to hand over. When interviewing people there was never another backup service desk or cashier so the management would frequently have to do interviews for tou. Employee turn over at my store last year was over 50%. Benefits were bad. I paid over 200 biweekly and still had a 12800 deductible to meet. I had to leave after a few months because I couldn't live on that salary. Fun place to work though but it was a negative work environment behind the scenes.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Assistant ManagerMarch 4, 2015
Supervised a crew of sales associates
Trained and counseled team members on current and new policies
Tracked daily metrics to ensure profitability
Performed routine registers cash pulls and audits
Conducted daily reports and deposits of accounts payable and receivable
Ensured that all the store funds are secure and accounted for daily
Fun workplace at first
Cashier/Sales Associate, Stocker (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the teamwork provided was amazing
Cons: if you didn't ask for a break you weren't getting one.
I learned a lot at this company like use of a cash register and also a scanner. I learned how to keep inventory. It was a great place to work when the management worked with everyone to accomplish our goals.
N/A
Cashier (Former Employee), Union, NJMarch 3, 2015
It was a horrible experience, the workers were rude. I dreaded going there everyday. The customers were very nice but the workers made it very hard to be there.
It was alright.
Front Desk Cashier (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 3, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: no cell phones on the floor
I answered the main phone, checkouts, layaways, online orders, straightened the shelves, intercom announcements, and greeted every guest at the front desk.

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more

Toys 'R' Us Salaries