Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 6,572 reviews matching the search
Very nice place to work
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 17, 2017
The staff were very friendly with everyone in the building whether it is customers or employees. The overall atmosphere was like a family setting. Every employee I encountered while working here was happy with the company and management.
Overall Toys R Us is a good company to work for.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 17, 2017
Considering this is such a large company, it is managed well. I was able to excel in the areas I was trained, which was sales, customer service, and human resource. There are not very many advancement opportunities so I decided to go back to school.
Easy work
Freight Team Member (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILApril 17, 2017
Customer service register work graphing and collecting carts store toys condense and keep store clean pays not that good but is good for college students
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 17, 2017
You will stay busy and always have something to do. Stores are never over staffed so you will learn how to work in all depts. Most stores have experienced staff but not a lot of opportunity for advancement,
fast pace hard work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 17, 2017
At the start of the shift to the end of the shift the work is constantly coming in order after order this keeps the employees busy through the whole day
the hardest part of the job is the money in my pay checks
Top cashier (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJApril 17, 2017
Toys R Us /Babies R Us

i learned to be patient and that the customers sometimes try to take it out on us the cashiers. because they are in a bad mood. i learned that you cant take it personally and do the best you can to help them and make them less mad. i learned that showing your kindness goes a long way .
Pros
i met very nice people
Cons
company could be more organized, care for the employees more
Good customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with the new pregnant mothers to help them prepare for their new little ones. I would help with questions while assisting with registries or buying for new little ones.
Pros
new customers
Cons
not enough hours money or help
Fun place to work!
Cashier/Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 17, 2017
This was my first job and I would not take it back if I could. I love all the employees and management is awesome! Since I am in school full time and also work another job they schedule me for only one to two days a week which is perfect for me. They are very flexible with the schedule.
Stressful
Back of House Associate (Former Employee) –  Media, PAApril 17, 2017
The job was very easy. It was mainly the store location. We went through many managers in an eight month period. I worked extra hard every day and was promised a promotion but instead the new manager that came in brought someone from another store and gave them my position. I worked over hours, my days off, and filled in for many people. I unloaded trucks by myself and they treated me more like a slave than a paid worker. I began to get physically sick every time i would walk in the door because i was so stressed out. I was doing manager jobs but not getting paid the proper wages.
Cons
breaks went from 15 minutes to 10 minutes to not getting one
Management Issues
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 17, 2017
The company is fun to work for depending on your Store Manager and it's a hit or miss with the District Manager. The company places a much bigger focus on customer service than anything else so you will find yourself being a cashier more than you do your actually job.
Upper management and corporate consistently comes up with strange new ideas and policies that don't always make sense.
I wish the company would place a bigger focus on keeping employees happy and treating us like we make a difference instead of only worrying about customers.
Rough workplace
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXApril 16, 2017
Workplace was all about get it done at all costs and get home. Management did not care about employees all they cares about was numbers. Overall not a good work environment.
Okay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 15, 2017
I was hired as a holiday worker and I was scheduled for work often... problem is I also wasn't. This left me working many 8 hour days and receiving pay for as if I only worked a handful of hours. Obvioulsy this soured me to the joy of being there.
Least-Worst Retail Job
Cashier/Electronics (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 15, 2017
I worked as a front end cashier for the first 6 months of my employment with TRU. It wasn't bad, and it was decent pay for someone still going to school and such. During the holiday season, I was put in the electronics section and that's when the job became a little more strenuous. As I began to learn more skills in the store (replenishing items, marking items to be put on the floor, et cetera) they began to use me to fill holes. For example, if they didn't have a cashier that day, they would still put me in electronics but keep me on standby as a front end cashier. I did not mind helping out a little bit, but when it got to the point that they wouldn't schedule a cashier on a busy weekend day just because other staff members knew how to ring up guests, it got a little ridiculous. It also prevented things from getting done quickly, as I would have to drop what I was doing to go help the front of the store.

Overall, it wasn't bad for a beginner job, but it is definitely not meant to be a job that one should wish to stay in for more than a year.
Pros
Free food during the holiday season, employee discount, positive atmosphere encouraged
Cons
poor scheduling, always out of product stock
Fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAApril 14, 2017
Very friendly crew, flexible hours, works with your schedule if you are balancing work and school. Management is easy to talk to and get a hold of. Easy advancement if you want to stay there.
Toys and Life
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 14, 2017
Hours are few and far between. Corporate has each employee doing the work load of 3 people but won't fire the people that stand around doing nothing. People are not held responsible for their lack of work ethic and the people that work their butts off are not given the hours or pay they deserve. Security issues make it an unsafe work environment at times.
Pros
Amazing people work here and it can be fun.
Cons
Security issues make it unsafe, pay stinks and hours stink.
no good
Baby registrant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAApril 14, 2017
very boring. very bad. no room for moving up or makiing a better income. Long hours not good pay at all. blah blah blah blah blah blah do not reccomment
toys are we
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 14, 2017
if you love toys and kids and being interactive with customers then this is the job for you. Not exactly great pay but not a stressful job either. its got a little of everything.
Iloved working it was fun an a great experiment
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 14, 2017
Iloves this job this was my very first job,iloved it an gave me more understanding how life was. The people were so wonderful the manager was Awesome and I met some awesome friends to.
Pros
Breaks were well needed
Cons
Staying on our feet
Loved watching the children's face light up when getting a new toy
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2017
I was there for 18 years, worked in every position. Customer service
freight, all inbound and outbound freight, equipment I was in charge of. Managed up to 30-40 people at a time. Very fast paced environment, and multitasking was a must.
Was the Human Resource Manager hiring up to 100 people during a two to three month process along with the orientations and training of all.
Challenging work/life balance and management heavy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 13, 2017
extremely top heavy and meeting oriented with little time to sit down and perform the duties of the job at the end of the day. culture and morale was an issue for most.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.