Toys 'R' Us
3,030 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

learning experience, fun occupation,
Team Member (Former Employee), California, National CityJune 21, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Cons: not much room for recognition. seasonal job
providing customer service as i walked the floor, keeping the aisles and shelves stoked and orderly, storing layaways and retrieving in store pick ups.
As my first job i appreciate learning how do minute things like work certain devices. understanding the structure of a company and its employees.
managers and supervisors were very helpfull.
co workers – more... were a bit sluggish and unexciited especially for working in a toy store.
the most trouble ive had was working durring black friday and christmas
i enjoyed working in a creative environment. – less
very demanding company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHJune 21, 2014
Pros: free t shirts, popcorn, occasional lunches, candy, safety bonus.earned time off
Cons: short staffed, scheduling, training
A very productive and active,quick as well as enjoyable.Music is played through out warehouse with voting of choices is encouraged . Gameroom,AC/Lunchroom as well as Dish TV
Productive!
Customer Rep/ Cashier & RGD (Former Employee), Pensacola,FlJune 21, 2014
Management can do better with co-workers that work hard for them!
You can learn a lot from others but not managers. They don't take out time with you!!!
Fun job for spending money, management is completely unprofessional.
Stock person, assembler, sales floor. (Former Employee), Yorktown, New YorkJune 20, 2014
Pros: fun, easy place to work for spending cash.
Cons: no hours, management personnel are completely unpredictable and unprofessional.
First of all, this isn't a review from a disgruntled person who was recently fired from TRU... just telling it like it is. I was a "Back of house" team member... essentially a stock person/truck unloader...was also a bike assembler. Was there for about 3-4 months. Made $9.30 an hour. Not a bad gig, but the thing is they don't schedule a lot of hours – more... in a week. I worked an average of about three 6 hour days a week, so not much money or incentive to stick around... but I stayed, did my job and never made a fuss. :) One week I noticed I wasn't even scheduled, then the following week same thing. I told a co-worker that I hadn't been scheduled for weeks, come to find out that they actually replaced me as an assembler and cut me from pay roll. LOL! I was fired... but was the last to find out about it. Losing the job was no big deal, it was the unprofessional way in which they administered it that really bothered me. I've never worked at a place where they just didn't even bother to let an employee know they were let go. Reminds me of some kind of scene from "Office Space". LOL! Anyway, point of all this is the warn people that this is the kind of company it is... don't expect any professionalism or job security here. ;) – less
Fun work place.
Stocker (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: team members
Cons: the pay
Love the way everyone work together even management. they come up with creative ways to be self involve with customers.
meeting new people
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 19, 2014
Pros: seeing the smiles on chlidren faces
Cons: standing on my feet all day
Standing all day dealing with sometimes Irate people, you can never make them happy
hardest part of the job was working yourself to death and never getting a good job, or nice work.
stocker/trainer (Former Employee), Lima, OHJune 19, 2014
learned how to read planograms, be part and lead a team of co workers.
Fun workplace to be in alot of positive energy
Maintenance (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 19, 2014
Its a good place to work great and positive staff to work with the job was pretty much a piece of cake. Didn't have difficult customers its was just a good enviorment all around.
best job in a while
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2014
feels like a family love everything about working here best management i have had
OK to work
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2014
Ok job to have for the summer. Not meant for permanent employment
Operations Crew Member (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOJune 18, 2014
The compensation wasn't up to par. the people were cool, management ran around frantic half the time.
Very Busy and productive
Seasonal Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: overnight shift
Cons: seasonal hours
I worked on the overnight stock team and also in the daytime as an CSR. I love working with the customers and my co-works were very nice. The managers were helpful. On a typical day, I would stock items and floor displays during closing hours and assists customers during business hours. Working here I learn the system of Labeling and Prices sale and – more... clearance items. Working with this team helped me learn the importance of working together. the hardest part of this job is lifting very heavy items. the easiest part of this job is getting to assist the customers. – less
I enjoyed helpiing parents find perfect educational toys for their growing children.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plano TexasJune 17, 2014
I have a great deal of experience with special needs child, it's natural to me to seek toys that will stimulate different parts of the brain to enhance learning.
Good experience to prepare you for upcoming challenges in the working world.
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJune 17, 2014
Pros: memorable experiences, seeing life in families.
Cons: low pay, no set schedule
Working for the "R Us" family requires it's employees to wear many hats. Part time employees may not receive the benefits of full time employees but you will have as many responsibilities.
This retail company will help sand down your rough edges, allowing you the opportunity to adjust to working with others while meeting the many demands of many customers. – more... If you are able to not focus so much on selfish needs and instead focus on satisfying customers needs, working here will teach you a great deal of patience and you may even begin to enjoy the familiar faces of reoccurring guests.
I worked for Babies "R" Us and it was a joy to watch families grow. You would see families begin to come in at the beginning of conception until birth and followed by seeing the child grow as families make your store a regular stop for all of their baby needs.
Most co-workers were a blessing, some became like family and for me some became literal family. It's where I met a long time brother who eventually married my first cousin and even more importantly it is where I fell in love after meeting my wife who began as a cashier at my store.
The toughest challenge of the job for me was... That's tough to say because swallowing big pills is sort of natural in life. So I could say being overworked and under paid, under appreciated and a list of other things but it is all part of the territory of being part of the working class. you can either make the best of it or you can make it hard on yourself.
There were challenges with management along the way, challenges with co-workers but in the end it depends on you as a individual and how you handle yourself in situations.
The most enjoyable part for me would be easily noted as all of the times I was able to go over and beyond for customers to please them although it would rub management the wrong way because of time consumption. Also I sucked in sells because I was always honest with customers and never sold them useless revenue boost that I received no incentive for anyway. I can smile knowing that my customers always trusted me, earning me kudos with the individuals beyond my immediate management team. – less
Fast Pace WareHouse
Shipping/Receiving Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Rialto, CAJune 16, 2014
Normal day at work clock in start are daily stretches then we go to the work station in sart on the assignment in have 2 15 min break in 1 30 m in lunch the co workers are friendly in good environment ,the hardest part about job you got make sure you reach the number the best thing about the job pay is good
Fun, Fast Paced working
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Dover, DEJune 16, 2014
I always felt comfortable working for Toys R Us, everyone is always nice, and seeing the faces of little kids buying toys just melts my heart.
Experience for Loss Prevention
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Rialto, CAJune 16, 2014
The management at Toys R Us was unorganized. I learned my job duties from my co-workers and nothing from management. Management would never involve themselves with the Loss Prevention associates. The job served as job experience.
Very high pace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLJune 16, 2014
This is not a job for the phant at heart. You must be quick to respond and answer question as well as phones. You have to be product knowledgeable and very willing to compromise with management, coworkers and customers. The most exciting part of the day was the "Jump start" meeting and going home.
....
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJune 15, 2014
I held a seasonal position at Toys R Us, it was fun but sometimes frustrating. Management was not so good. One manager would tell me one thing and another would tell me something different. I received a lot of hours and pay was decent.
good
Ups-Package Handler (Current Employee), Burbank, IlliniosJune 14, 2014
this is a good experience and it helped me alot , Productive and fun workplace with a great company culture

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more