Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Easy going and Friendly Environment
Seasonal Employee (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Working at Toys R' Us is very relaxed and smooth.
Once you get more aware of the store and whats going on, it is very easy and cool to work there.
The staff is very friendly and willing to help if needed
good for a sesonal job
customer service/ Cashier (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXJanuary 9, 2018
for the most part good for a seasonal job, they work with your school schedule and very caring when things come up or happen. They have very good management very fast paced especially during the holidays
People working there are okay.
Overnight Stock Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Peers make the job bearable. Overnight stock is physically demanding, and perhaps on purpose or coincidentally they scheduled me on days that were spaced out at first, which was nice because it gave me time to get use to the physical demands. Management was mostly nice. Biggest complaint is that in an 8hr workday you're supposed to get a second 15min break and they didn't disallow it but it was sort of strongly discouraged to take it.
Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 8, 2018
I had many jobs to do in one day. And never had time for my family or sick days. They don't pay sick days at all and if you are sick you use vacation or have to be gone for 3 or more days who can afford that? I never just did what I was paid to do I did many other things. And they are never great ful and never has there employees back.
A very fun job I won't forget!
Trained to provide excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJanuary 8, 2018
I learned a lot about retail during this. I worked in the electronics department which is one of my strongest areas to work. I'm very knowledgeable when it comes to video games and I got to help lots of customers find the things they wanted! I also learned how to manage the area. Cleaning, stocking, and taking care of customers was all very fun to me! Nothing is better than making someone's day when you help find the right item they're looking for and seeing them smile and say thank you. It feels very good and boosted my confidence right up!

Many of the employees were very friendly and I became friends with them fast! I loved socializing with them and working together. It was fun and made work very enjoyable!

Other than that I recommend Toys R Us to those looking for a job who very much need retail experience! It is an easy going job and there are lots of fun activities to do on the job. If you're young and looking for your first job, definitely apply to a Toys R Us!
Fun & Kid friendly
Sales Associate (SEASONAL) (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 8, 2018
A fun but slow paced to work only time it picks is during seasonal times the pay is good for the work that has to be done. Also its a team based work environment.
Fun place to work
Overnight Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJanuary 8, 2018
I worked in" Toys R Us" Hyannis, Ma.,during the Christmas season(2017). I did the overnight shifts.(no longer available).,Altho extremely fast paced and hectic, it was fun and thoroughly enjoyed my fellow employees and management!! As a single mom who has my only child in college it was an amazing opportunity to get out of my normal "day to day" routine. If they had overnight shifts year round i would certainly have loved to have stayed!!!
Pros
fun employees and 10% discount
Cons
No overnights year round
productive and fun
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 8, 2018
it was fun and productive fast paced employees were nice and friendly. always something to do, very helpful with what i needed to do and got confused with.
Toys r us
Baby gear consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Working at toys r us was a great experience. I Enjoyed the atmosphere as well as my co-workers. Everyday was a fun learning experience dealing with customers of all ages.
Cut-throat and bad management
Merchandising and Stocking Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Veradale, WAJanuary 8, 2018
The management team didn't really care what happened throughout the day, as long as, it didn't involve treating customers poorly. You get very little to no training.
Great Work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at toys r us and didn't want it to end at the end of the season. 10pm till 6am is long but it goes fast when you keep busy. Everybody was super nice.
Decent if you’re in management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winston, NCJanuary 8, 2018
Unless you’re FT it’s really for high school and college students who need extra money . The pay is ok, during season is the best time to work its fast paced and constantly moving until it’s over then it’s dead as a door nail
I heard they may be going out of business????
Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 8, 2018
As a salaried manager, I was amazed to see what the hourly breakdown was of my pay, especially through the holiday season! I was actually making less per hour than my stockroom associates! It was fun to be on the "frontlines" of new toy releases and being on top of that kind of thing. My particular general and assistant general managers had personal issues, including an extramarital affair within the store that made for a particular uneasy work environment.
Pros
Toys! Fun merchandise.
Prroductuve & Fun Workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 8, 2018
In the beginning of my first week at work I had to first get through training for a couple of weeks so I could know what to. The most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone was very nice and friendly.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun place to work!
Cashier/Customer Service (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJanuary 8, 2018
Great place to work, you can never be down when you are surrounded by toys, kids and babies. Fast paced during season, very busy so time flies! awesome crew at Goodyear, AZ location. Organized and very hands-on and helping to all.
fun place to work in
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYJanuary 8, 2018
You spend the majority of the day cleaning up from the night shift putting up stock that they didn't get a chance to put out scanning in merchandise putting up bicycles putting away Power Wheels clean up the warehouse helping customers to their cars answering customers questions just a very good environment
Pros
30-minute lunch
Cons
Part-timers don't get health care
Poor social skill and very rude
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Not a good environment to work
Management was very poor
Supervisors are rude and judgmental
Very unorganized
Very unsanitary work conditions
Over staffed
Pros
Pay out
Cons
Not consistent with job orders
The most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Working at a toy store sounds like it would be a lot of fun, and it is. While assisting customers who need help. peeking over at the new games in store was always fun.
The employees who worked with me at those times were always interesting. You can meet so many people with amazing stories. It was a blast to talk to these people. They can help you calm down when there is a store rush, or if things have slowed down to a crawl.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Sore feet
seasonal Temporary job
Stockman (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 8, 2018
Stocking for the Christmas season unloading trucks facing the shelves and building/re-organizing displays. Truck size and number depended on how close to the holidays the week was
Working at toys r us
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2018
Toys r us is a wonderful place to work but it does have some downs it pays less than I would like, and it's benefits are horrible but you get to work with some of the best coworkers in the world.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers and free food
Cons
Short breaks and poor managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.