TPI Staffing, Inc. Employee Reviews

I found I wasn't very good at factory work. It was more about productivity and not on the detail.
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAJanuary 31, 2017
I thought I would try to work in a factory; however, I tend to make sure my work is correct. However, I fould factory work is more of a productivity and not detail. I was told several times that I needed to move faster.
TPI was a great company to work for
Director of Online Sales (Former Employee) –  Gray, TNNovember 3, 2016
Two months after this company hired me I was diagnosed with cancer. They went above and beyond to give me time I needed off, and also let me work from home at my own pace.
Pros
Worked at home
Cons
No healthcare
I enjoyed working for this glass company very productive
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, ALSeptember 15, 2016
While working at Tpi I learn many tricks and trades to welding such as tig welding, stick welding, mig welding, band saws, table saws, and powder coating!
great place
Associate weat lay (Former Employee) –  Newton, IASeptember 1, 2016
its a good place to work, I love it . my staff members were great. the only thing is when you have a family problem the need to understand it. because losing a great employe its bad just because they don't wanted to understand it. But its still the best job a ever had.
Pros
have breaks
Cons
working to many saturdays
TPI was enjoyable place to work
Blow Mold Process Tech (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJune 9, 2016
Processed injection and extrusion blow molding machines learned blow molding and injection molding processes management knowledgeable of plastics workers knowledgeable of plastics money and benefits were good
Pros
everyone knowledgeable of plastics operation money and benefits
Cons
company relocated
Company was broken out into segments and sold.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 18, 2016
TPI provided a very positive and creative work environment, exposing me to product development, international sourcing and manufacturing. They provided a wide variety of consumer products through both direct channels of distribution, as well as through structured licensing agreements.

Terms of employment were limited to a corporate restructuring process, where-by we built up diversity and brand equity, before the company was broken up and sold off.
fun place to work great people
Blade Closer (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 18, 2016
I loved working at TPI. They had great people and great work ethic. And you were always learning new things.
I had an accident at home and got put into hospital for a long period of time and my position was terminated when I got out.
Pros
good hours good pay great staff
fun job
associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, IowaSeptember 21, 2015
fun job fun people to work with. besides allergic reactions was a great workplace. Loved everything besides that and third sift hours.
work was difficult but enjoyable
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2015
Pretty much the same job task every day
the pay rate was not reasonable for the type of job we do and the risk.
the supervisors where very helpful at times but mostly stay there distances.
work is never year round. no benefits.
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
dirty, wet, dont work alot of hours
Excellent opportunity to help build a successful call center
Manager of Call Center, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Established a contact center environment for inbound customer service calls and outbound collections calls for TPI’s clients. Responsible for requisitioning and maintaining departmental equipment for employees and workstations.

Managed 30 exempt, non-exempt, and seasonal employees in Customer Care and Collections departments. Interfaced with all departments to ensure success, continuous improvement, and customer satisfaction.

Handled escalated customer situations with prompt professionalism and very high customer satisfaction success rate. Handled internal escalations with the same professional attitude and rate of success.

Managed the installation and programming of the company’s phone systems. Assisted in the pricing negotiation of internal telephone switches, equipment, and installation. Negotiated maintenance contracts for communications equipment and service. Responsible for ACD and telephone systems company-wide.
Pros
Great work environment. Great staff
Cons
Inner turmoil among the owners of the company. Contradictory decisions
Productive, Social Setting
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Newton, IowaNovember 24, 2014
Communicate with others on what needs to be done, look at main priorities and try to get them finished in the amount of time needed. Would recommend a very good work environment.
I didn't like it there the pay was horrible.
Collector / CSR (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2014
I didn't like the company they were not positive people the managment team was very unprofessional.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
i didn't make much money there
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gray, TNJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at TPI was going in clocking in and seeing what machine I would be on for the day. some days I would be on different machines, because some tore up. My supervisor was really nice and so were my co- workers. I really liked working there, the only bad part was the drive to and from work. There was no bad parts besides the drive.
Pros
Fun and nice people to work with
Cons
The drive
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2014
learn alot about construction and working with great people
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks and heathcare
Inbound call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2014
I gather callers information to transfer to proper department with in Aetna Insurance company. I have to listen to the caller to find out exactly what they are calling for to ensure the caller goes to the proper department.
Pros
great hours, awesome people
Cons
Insurance is always changing; therefore, I constantly have to research changes. Most people are not knowledgeable about insurance.
Traveling, lots of experience in subsea valves and engineering. A great experience with great people.
Contractor for Cameron (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2013
Ongoing learning experience while helping the President/CEO. Planning reports for projects as well as managing them. Conducting onsite visits and traveling throughout Houston and to Louisiana.
Pros
Experience, contributed to the growth of clients and created better relationships, made for great networking
Cons
Insurance, benefits, 401K
productive worktravel pay was good
Plant Refinery Worker, Fiberglass (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Travel payment was good .I had good people to work with Traveling from state to state
Pros
trvel pay excellent
Cons
no accident insurance
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gray, TNApril 13, 2013
I would clock in and went to my line. Found out what i needed to do and done my job.
TPI was an unsafe, unstable, and dangerous workplace.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAJanuary 21, 2013
Would paint 40 meter windmill blades in an oven wearing full face respirators and tyvek suits. Would spray primer and topcoat on it.
Tough place to work
QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAJanuary 4, 2013
Tough working, co workers attitudes dismal.
Training was wonderful and effiicient, on the floor after training did not apply.
Managers and team leads treatment of co workers very rude
Pros
just having a job
Cons
too many layoffs, when working 7 days a week, often 10-12 days, no balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TPI Staffing, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5