TRAC Intermodal Employee Reviews

Only my experience
Tire inventory control specialist (Former Employee) –  Elizabethport, NJDecember 16, 2016
We were hired to bring down costs for the company we work hard to manage outside companies and we made significant changes and cost reductions a record-setting cost reduction for the company that yield great bonuses that year and they just let us go the company wanted you to be all in and we was..... now we have to let you go
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No set hours 7am till job was done
Inadequate management
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 22, 2016
Pay is acceptable, benefits are good. Some flexibility in hours, little ability to work from home. Diminishing employee activities like picnics, etc. Management is NOT good - projects are started with no plan for completion. Little training for expected expanded job duties
benefits
Cons
management
Exciting projects, progressive organization
IT Contract Recruiter, Virtual (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 6, 2016
Love it here - great people, treat employees with respect. Collaborative organization, solid leadership, awesome benefits, good work life balance.
Many work hours, little reward
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 28, 2016
There seems to be a lack of direction from upper management with how the company is transforming. This lack of direction, or at least agreement in direction, is affecting all the employees below. It is very hard to stick by the company when you feel that what you are providing them isn't really what they want/care for...
Cool Workplace
Cooping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 3, 2017
Not what i expected at all. Management was very communicative with everything that went on in daily functions. It was a temp job that ened but i would go back
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
repetitive
Chain of Command
Fleet Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 14, 2016
Trac Intermodal is an ok company, but there isn't much room for advancement. New managers/directors are hired from outside the company and they have no idea what they are doing.
Great Company to work for
Senior Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 9, 2016
The company has great benefits. Offers flexible work schedule. Depending on experience, the company offers very competitive salary.
Great company to work for
Maintenance & Repair Supervisor - TWIC Obtained (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2016
This company offers a great work schedule, and excellent benefits. I had the ability to travel to different places and meet a lot of great people. This gave me the opportunity to expand my knowledge in the service industry as I was used to automobiles only.
Productive Workplace
Office Clerk/ Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 6, 2016
Good atmosphere and great employees. Learned a lot about billing maintaining an excel spreadsheet as well as Oracle. Trac intermodal provides a great opportunity for anyone looking to get into office clerical work.
Very professional managment and a pleasant place to work
Service Center Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 24, 2016
I assisted in setting up the Los Angeles Service Center. My manager taught me a lot and showed me what I was capable of achieving, and for that I am grateful.
Great Place to Work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 4, 2016
This is a great company in so many ways. 11 holidays, 5 personal days and 10 vacation days. Awesome benefits at a low employee cost. 35 hour work week. It is very professional and chatting is frowned upon. If you're looking for a place to socialize, this is not the place.
Pros
Great Benefits and compensation.
Cons
Not great for advancing.
Intensive: worked far more than 40 hours a week.
Customer Service-Administrative - Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2016
Hit the floor running daily and did not stop. Worked independently with no supervision on site. Everyone at the office was very nice and all positions were intensive. I was the only one working road service. The best part was knowing you were able to assist all road breakdowns daily. The pace of the job was the hardest and most enjoyable.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very little time off
Work/life balance not good
Director (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 28, 2013
The work/life balance is terrible.
Management is still forming an identity, so little accountability.
Pros
good job security; company growing
Cons
no home life; compensation fair
Lack of direction results in overworked staff
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 4, 2013
This growing company has not yet learned how to work like the big boys. There is constant chaos leaving little time to properly address system needs resulting in drop-kicking to working excessive hours due to poor planning.

It is not uncommon to receive phone calls at 3am during their never-ending billing cycles. "Best Practices" is a term that does not apply

Little promotion from within.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, No Home Life, lack of promotions, lack of follow through
Good company to start at.
A/P Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 15, 2015
Overall this is a good company to work at, however there is little room for advancement and the pay is not competitive. It is a good company to work at if you are starting out your career and have little experience.
Ever changing goals & targets
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 19, 2014
daily priority shifts cause for a challenging environment where few resources are given to handle the multitude of tasks being added to the work load. Sr. Mgmt disassociated from the daily requirements and no desire to learn or trust in the lower level team. Extremely political environment.
Pros
good compensation package
Cons
not a positive culture
Area Maintenance Manger OH Valley (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioMay 10, 2016
None - Nothing really notable about this company. they are located in Princeton NJ and do not have real business in Ohio. I serve as a manager to 28 locations.
Productive Workplace
Area Maintenance Manger OH Valley (Current Employee) –  Columbus OHJanuary 26, 2015
Good place to work, great benefits, enjoyable personnel. Room to grow, exciting opportunites.
Good place to work with approachable management.
Transportation Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 3, 2013
A typical day in my position includes working and negotiating with truckers to establish rates for repositioning moves. I also handle everyday phone calls to help with our customers.

The hardest part of the job is at any time, a port can become extremely backed up and cause major problems with chassis repositioning and availability.
Motivation
Senior Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 23, 2014
The best place I have ever worked for. The staff is always knowledgeable and is willing to help out with any problem you may have. I learned a lot about accounting from this firm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRAC Intermodal. Our community is ready to answer.