TRAC Intermodal Employee Reviews

Fast paced, quick changing
Business Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 12, 2018
TRAC is a company that is growing and developing new technologies to stay ahead in their industry. It is a quick paced environment and requires flexibility in your processes.
Angry and mean management, no growth opportunities.
IT Developer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 27, 2017
It is a mid size company that has all the cons and no pros of a large company. There are frequent layoffs. Management moves people around on a whim. There are no growth opportunities. In fact they just sold half the company to a competitor. They are also on track to introduce new systems later in 2018 and plan huge layoffs. There are not enough toilets and frequently you have to hold it in for hours.
good place to get your foot in the door
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 19, 2017
Trac is a well company that will help get you started in your career. the culture is quiet and independent most of the time but its a job and stuff need to be completed.
Pros
hour lunchbreaks, co-workers
Cons
lack of commuication with vendors
productive and fun place to work
Desktop Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 20, 2017
competitive environment , new technologies to learn . The people i worked with were the best team players.They were always quick to assist you if you had any issues .
Has potential.
Director (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 24, 2017
The second tier of the Exec level is strong but lacks a leader who can bring them together. Some dept heads only focus on their own KPIs, seeming to disregard what is best for the organization. Where simplification is possible, over-thinking results in paralysis and slow decision-making.
Consistent top-down communication and the right focus would make all the difference in the world.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Managment and environment
Equipment Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 22, 2017
Worked with a great group of managers and supervisors Company encourged working with union personal as well as work with programs outside of work liike youth programs. We worked long hours being outside no matter what the weather is. We learned terminal planning to create a productive and safe work environment. typical day consist of making sure the we had enoug equipment to service the truckers. Work culture was a very independent but require us to have correct counts to make sure our service level met daily requirements
Pros
Good group of managment to work with cross training in different areas
Cons
Did not provide a company truck to do delay work when traveling to other location
Not available
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 7, 2017
TRAC is committed to providing the best chassis solutions and superior customer service to the intermodal industry. We set the standard for chassis dependability, service and value. We operate in a way that minimizes risk to our customers, helps improve our customers’ efficiency and ensures chassis reliability and roadability during the first and last mile of freight transportation.
Productive company, always looking out for best interest in company
Maintenance & Repair Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2017
As I worked for Trac, there were ups and downs. They downsized and I was laid off. However, while I was there it was an overall good experience. Learned a lot about chassis and the railroad industry in general. Hardest part was trying to keep a budget, when the budget wasn't given to us.
Pros
Good Supervisors
Cons
Bad Managing, not informing employees on a lot of things
began as the best company i've worked for
M&R Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  TXMay 17, 2017
Until the company reorganized the leadership roles I enjoyed working for Trac. Once the division between M&R and Logistics began things went downhill fast and in a hurry. Bickering and backstabbing became the norm.

On a positive side I learned a lot about myself and how to manage others while employed here. I truly enjoyed the fast paced work environment. My vendors actually offered me jobs on numerous occasions due to my honesty, integrity and work ethic according to those who offered the jobs to me. They informed me that I was nothing like our local upper management team and that was a huge plus for me in their eyes. While I was training a new hire I was offered a job by a vendor who did not shy away from telling me as much.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
forced to be a "yes man" if you want to advance
Business (Current Employee) –  PrinceMay 15, 2017
TRAC is a really good place to work. The people are amazing and are more like family. The benefits are the best around, very affordable with a great 401K plan.
Pros
Benefits, able to learn a lot
Cons
Compensation
Leader in its industry
Senior Manager (Director Level), Marketing (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 28, 2017
TRAC Intermodal is a good place to work. Colleagues are generally experts in their field. Company has recently been sold, so expect some changes. If you are an expert in Intermodal transportation you may be happy here.
Pros
Health club, good work/life balance most of the time
Cons
Creativity is not always valued.
Good Company
Maintenance and Repair Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 4, 2017
Nice people. You get to travel locally. Good benefits and pay. You got to deal with different companies first hand. I was only there a year but i learned some new details in shipping.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
Working in the elements
Cool Workplace
Cooping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 3, 2017
Not what i expected at all. Management was very communicative with everything that went on in daily functions. It was a temp job that ened but i would go back
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
repetitive
Only my experience
Tire inventory control specialist (Former Employee) –  Elizabethport, NJDecember 16, 2016
We were hired to bring down costs for the company we work hard to manage outside companies and we made significant changes and cost reductions a record-setting cost reduction for the company that yield great bonuses that year and they just let us go the company wanted you to be all in and we was..... now we have to let you go
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No set hours 7am till job was done
Productive Workplace
Office Clerk/ Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 6, 2016
Good atmosphere and great employees. Learned a lot about billing maintaining an excel spreadsheet as well as Oracle. Trac intermodal provides a great opportunity for anyone looking to get into office clerical work.
Many work hours, little reward
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 28, 2016
There seems to be a lack of direction from upper management with how the company is transforming. This lack of direction, or at least agreement in direction, is affecting all the employees below. It is very hard to stick by the company when you feel that what you are providing them isn't really what they want/care for...
Very professional managment and a pleasant place to work
Service Center Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 24, 2016
I assisted in setting up the Los Angeles Service Center. My manager taught me a lot and showed me what I was capable of achieving, and for that I am grateful.
Chain of Command
Fleet Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 14, 2016
Trac Intermodal is an ok company, but there isn't much room for advancement. New managers/directors are hired from outside the company and they have no idea what they are doing.
Inadequate management
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 22, 2016
Pay is acceptable, benefits are good. Some flexibility in hours, little ability to work from home. Diminishing employee activities like picnics, etc. Management is NOT good - projects are started with no plan for completion. Little training for expected expanded job duties
benefits
Cons
management
Exciting projects, progressive organization
IT Contract Recruiter, Virtual (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 6, 2016
Love it here - great people, treat employees with respect. Collaborative organization, solid leadership, awesome benefits, good work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRAC Intermodal. Our community is ready to answer.