Tracfone Wireless Employee Reviews

Great Work Culture collides with horrid HR & corporate layoffs.
Financial Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 19, 2016
Tracfone Wireless was a great place to work and allowed a great 1st Career job experience. There was a good learning curve of the utilization of highly technical programs and functions. Moving up in the company proved to be rather difficult after years of experience. Corporate Restructuring forced many employees to leave garnering a distrust amongst employees and Tracfone.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Random corporate layoffs
Company
Senior Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 26, 2016
Good benefits. Too much silos within departments... Upper Management does not care too see beyond their departments. No advancement opportunities. Good overall benefits.
Premier Franchise Network of Cell Phone Stores
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2016
Incorporated a brand new concept of Cell Phone Stores in a highly competitive market starting ground up.
Initiated Customer Service oriented sales techniques to ensure customers build a long term relationship with the brand
Great job work balance
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 19, 2016
Worked from home and created schedule based on needs of business. Travel was at our discretion due to weather conditions. Had a positive, interactive relationship with all managers and account employees. Great benefits package. Overall it was a positive environment.
The Leader in No Contract Wireless Phones
Regional Manager Lower Mid-West United States (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 24, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Tracfone Wireless is the leader in the no-contract cell phone category. The wireless industry changes at a rapid pace. Adaptability was key to my success.
N/a
Data Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 7, 2016
The company is a good place to work at.

a typical day at work. what I learned. management. my co-workers. the hardest part of the job. the most enjoyable part of my job is.
Wouldn't recommend
Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 5, 2016
Poor company culture
Great pay
No room for advancement
Minimal training or on boarding

Coworkers were tolerable but everyone works in silos with minimal cross-functional work

Politics within the organization is almost unbearable.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Mediocre company to work for
QA (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2016
Great place for a job, not a career. Kind of mediocre but gets the bills paid. Best part of the job was lunch time honestly. Management is terrible, you will not be recognized for any hard work or achievement.

My advice: Look somewhere else.
Pros
Friendly people, flexible hours, one hour lunch breaks
Cons
Management is terrible, you will not be recognized for your hard work
Field Sales
FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  South Texas areaApril 25, 2016
Great working experience that is always something new everyday. Got to travel and know different places with this company.
Pros
Self Managment
Cons
Sometimes you take work home
Good Place to Work
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2016
Great school, you'll learn a lot while working with a lot of people from all around the world. You'll learn to deal with all kinds of people and personalities.
Good place to work for the self-motivated.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 2, 2016
I was employed by Tracfone Wireless for the past 7 years as a sales representative. I travelled a great deal with my company, but I felt that I had truly built a rapport with most of my managers and associates at the store level. I would still be employed by Tracfone, if they had not chosen to terminate the entire sales force. The reason for the termination was that they were restructuring the sales force.

The hardest part of the lay-off was the fact that we were dismissed on a nine minute conference call and we had no idea that it was going to happen. The coldness and uncaring attitude of upper management made the termination very hurtful.
Great Organization
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2016
Over all a great Company to work for driving for 6 hours sometime to take care of Wal-Marts but work hard and be happy doing it
Productive no stress, fun place to work
Regional Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 15, 2016
When I first started working with the company I was not quite sure about what and who Tracfone was. As I build seniority with the company I was able to build my success as well. This position allowed me to communicate with many people and allow me to better communicate and train associates with our product. It also allowed me to work on and tone my skills to a level that I had not reached before. My co-workers were always available incase I had any questions as was I to them. My position allowed me to have time to also balance my life during my tenure at Traction. I usually worked Monday-Friday 9-5 with weekends off. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people all the time. Being able to help customers on a personal level. I had the say so to be able to take care of escalated issues. In a typical day in the beginning I would visit about stores per day. The company became more advanced and that number dropped to 5 stores per day. My the end of my tenure it was 3 stores since we had more responsibilities with each visit. I really enjoyed my time with Tracfone. Even though I was laid-off I still would recommend Tracfone or any of it's affiliates to anyone that needs a phone. I still feel that they have the best service. I even have my personal phone with them. It was a great company to work for during my 10 years there. I will miss it!
Pros
Benefits were excellent, had federal max for mileage pay, and bonuses were pretty much thrown at us to achieve.
Cons
Other than being laid-off I cannot say there is anything bad I could say.
good place to work
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 7, 2016
flexabe schedule with good working conditions. Field work is good and company allows for good relationship building.
Excellent workplace
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2016
Great culture and stable workplace. Internal advancement is definitely possible. Great benefits and salaries as well as longevity
Good to learn and grow
Sr. Manager Mobile Commerce (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2015
Great company to learn and grow. Good environment. Not much flexibility nor life/work balance. Fast pace environment... good for young people looking to grow fast.
Good industry to gain experience in - Bad leadership, Lack of advancement, Lots of office politics
Analyst - Supply Chain and Production Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaSeptember 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. I did grow personally and professionally,but the high-level of red tape and politics has created an negative environment in this company.
Pros
Good industry to gain experience in.
Cons
Bad leadership, Lack of advancement, Lots of office politics
SQA Analyst Tester professional
SQA Analyst - Manual testing (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLAugust 26, 2015
SQA Analyst Tester professional with knowledge in ensure software quality through Quality Assurance methodologies and writing test plans, test cases and test scripts. Capable to check the functionality of the software, making software test through the requirements, use cases, for identify, report, and track defects and issues through to resolution. Analyze test results and making recommendation. Ability to prepare and maintains the necessary documents on the SQA folder to archive and follow up defect resolution during testing software development life cycle and make system integration testing (SIT) and coordinate user acceptance test (UAT). Able to work in a team environment and strong skills solving problems.
Great company !
Customer Care Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2015
Overall very happy with the company, i've grown over the years and this company is very stable, the economic downfalls we've had in recent years don't alter the company's moral bc we seem to flourish regardless.
Great SOX Director
Sox Consultant (Former Employee) –  MiamiJuly 31, 2015
Had the opportunity to work with a great SOX Director who provided me with the initial background in SOX process. Challenging business atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tracfone Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.