Tracfone Wireless Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent workplace
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2016
Great culture and stable workplace. Internal advancement is definitely possible. Great benefits and salaries as well as longevity
Good place to work for the self-motivated.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 2, 2016
I was employed by Tracfone Wireless for the past 7 years as a sales representative. I travelled a great deal with my company, but I felt that I had truly built a rapport with most of my managers and associates at the store level. I would still be employed by Tracfone, if they had not chosen to terminate the entire sales force. The reason for the termination was that they were restructuring the sales force.

The hardest part of the lay-off was the fact that we were dismissed on a nine minute conference call and we had no idea that it was going to happen. The coldness and uncaring attitude of upper management made the termination very hurtful.
Fun, Challenging Environment but Limited Growth Opportunities
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2015
You will never be bored at TracFone. There are different problems to tackle every day and Management expects you to interface with whomever necessary to resolve issues and meet your goals. But the politics there will hold anyone back who is not in the good graces of the Mexican corporate elite because the company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of one of the largest telcos in the world based in Mexico City. They will hire you and reward you handsomely for a job well done, but don't be naive enough to think that you'll run the company some day. Only certain individuals get ahead at TracFone, and they're either members of the right family or have close ties to people with influence in Mexico City.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good salary and benefits
Cons
Corporate politics, Advancement opportunities
Good industry to gain experience in - Bad leadership, Lack of advancement, Lots of office politics
Analyst - Supply Chain and Production Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaSeptember 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. I did grow personally and professionally,but the high-level of red tape and politics has created an negative environment in this company.
Pros
Good industry to gain experience in.
Cons
Bad leadership, Lack of advancement, Lots of office politics
Productive no stress, fun place to work
Regional Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 15, 2016
When I first started working with the company I was not quite sure about what and who Tracfone was. As I build seniority with the company I was able to build my success as well. This position allowed me to communicate with many people and allow me to better communicate and train associates with our product. It also allowed me to work on and tone my skills to a level that I had not reached before. My co-workers were always available incase I had any questions as was I to them. My position allowed me to have time to also balance my life during my tenure at Traction. I usually worked Monday-Friday 9-5 with weekends off. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people all the time. Being able to help customers on a personal level. I had the say so to be able to take care of escalated issues. In a typical day in the beginning I would visit about stores per day. The company became more advanced and that number dropped to 5 stores per day. My the end of my tenure it was 3 stores since we had more responsibilities with each visit. I really enjoyed my time with Tracfone. Even though I was laid-off I still would recommend Tracfone or any of it's affiliates to anyone that needs a phone. I still feel that they have the best service. I even have my personal phone with them. It was a great company to work for during my 10 years there. I will miss it!
Pros
Benefits were excellent, had federal max for mileage pay, and bonuses were pretty much thrown at us to achieve.
Cons
Other than being laid-off I cannot say there is anything bad I could say.
Great Organization
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2016
Over all a great Company to work for driving for 6 hours sometime to take care of Wal-Marts but work hard and be happy doing it
Mediocre company to work for
QA (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2016
Great place for a job, not a career. Kind of mediocre but gets the bills paid. Best part of the job was lunch time honestly. Management is terrible, you will not be recognized for any hard work or achievement.

My advice: Look somewhere else.
Pros
Friendly people, flexible hours, one hour lunch breaks
Cons
Management is terrible, you will not be recognized for your hard work
Wouldn't recommend
Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 5, 2016
Poor company culture
Great pay
No room for advancement
Minimal training or on boarding

Coworkers were tolerable but everyone works in silos with minimal cross-functional work

Politics within the organization is almost unbearable.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Stable Company
Call Center Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2015
Awesome company to be employed. Great management team, excellent benefits and compensation. This company really appreciates the family/work life balance.
Pros
Worklife Balance
Fun workplace
Retail Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 17, 2015
Management is very supportive. Large growing company provides a lot of room for a career growth. Pleasant laid back atmosphere but it does get pretty busy at times.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
beaurocracy
Field Sales
FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  South Texas areaApril 25, 2016
Great working experience that is always something new everyday. Got to travel and know different places with this company.
Pros
Self Managment
Cons
Sometimes you take work home
Good Place to Work
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2016
Great school, you'll learn a lot while working with a lot of people from all around the world. You'll learn to deal with all kinds of people and personalities.
SQA Analyst Tester professional
SQA Analyst - Manual testing (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLAugust 26, 2015
SQA Analyst Tester professional with knowledge in ensure software quality through Quality Assurance methodologies and writing test plans, test cases and test scripts. Capable to check the functionality of the software, making software test through the requirements, use cases, for identify, report, and track defects and issues through to resolution. Analyze test results and making recommendation. Ability to prepare and maintains the necessary documents on the SQA folder to archive and follow up defect resolution during testing software development life cycle and make system integration testing (SIT) and coordinate user acceptance test (UAT). Able to work in a team environment and strong skills solving problems.
good place to work
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 7, 2016
flexabe schedule with good working conditions. Field work is good and company allows for good relationship building.
Good to learn and grow
Sr. Manager Mobile Commerce (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2015
Great company to learn and grow. Good environment. Not much flexibility nor life/work balance. Fast pace environment... good for young people looking to grow fast.
Great environment. AWFUL HR & PAY POLICIES.
Process Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2015
I love working for TracFone. The environment is friendly and relaxed, there is great/work life balance, and they don't overhire so there's great job security.

BUT, let's talk about their absolutely awful Human Reources. They HUGELY underpay and don't let you negotiate salary AT ALL if it's an internal hire. Someone coming in off the street with no experience in the company has a better shot than you do. They won't even entertain a counteroffer, which is ridiculous considering that the MAJORITY of employees are getting payed below market for their positions. They are *notorious* for giving you the lowest offer possible.

MOREOVER, THEY CAP ANY PROMOTION AT 10%--no matter if only giving you 10% more is *thousands* below market for your new position. Let me paint a picture for you:

Let's say you're a call center employee here, making $17K while in college. You finally graduate with a degree in computer science and get hired internally as a junior java developer. Market says that's a $45K position (at the bottom of the scale). Now, TracFone will only give you a 10% raise. Which means they want you to a $45K job for $18K. Messed up, right?

While there is room for growth in titles, there is no room for growth financially. So, many employees get a few years of experience on their resumes and then leave.
Pros
friendly/relaxed environment, work/life balance, job security, very inclusive & cheap medical
Cons
very low compensation, questionable pay scales, hr makes & break rules as they please
Great company !
Customer Care Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2015
Overall very happy with the company, i've grown over the years and this company is very stable, the economic downfalls we've had in recent years don't alter the company's moral bc we seem to flourish regardless.
Working for a great team in an extremely dynamic environment.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2015
A typical day at work would be to face new challenges on daily bases. The company is changing so fast that requires to keep up to date with all the innovation.
Pros
Great immediate managers and team memebers.
Great SOX Director
Sox Consultant (Former Employee) –  MiamiJuly 31, 2015
Had the opportunity to work with a great SOX Director who provided me with the initial background in SOX process. Challenging business atmosphere.
Run from this company as fast as you can
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 17, 2013
Management ignores input from their sales team. The SVP needs to go, because he is abusive and ignorant of his position. Managers scream at their sales team, and the pay is worse than the torment. If you are lucky, you will make 38,000 your first year in sales. You will drive your own car, and put 1000 - 1500 miles a WEEK on your car. You will be rolling negative equity into your car for years. The flat rate per mile is 56 cents a mile. You will never make a commission, because nobody does, because the company jacks up your quota so far, and you try working 12-14 hours a day, including 7 days a week, and you will NEVER make quota, but for giggles and laughes - you make it one month. Your commission is $500.00 minus taxes. 289.42. Don't degrade yourself with these people. They are the scum of the earth.
Pros
great employees looking for other opportunities
Cons
management