TrackingPoint is the Austin-based applied technology company that created the first Precision Guided Firearm (PGF). The PGF is a revolutionary new long-range shooting system that puts fighter jet lock-and-launch technology in a firearm, enabling anyone to hit moving targets at extended ranges. Our goal is to transform the hunting and target shooting industries by redefining what is possible with a precision guided firearm.
Currently, we are seeking impact players to join our technical support team. An essential member of the go-to-market organization, these individuals will help the company build a world class technical support foundation and team.
The position requires an individual with technical support experience skilled in administering a LINUX® system that also understands firearms and can communicate effectively with our customer base via email, phone, and face-to-face. We seek professionals that can articulate the company’s value proposition to our customers.
Interested candidates need to be comfortable operating in a fast-paced startup environment with broad-based guidance.
- LINUX® system administration experience.
- Provide ‘backline’ technical support for our scope that runs a LINUX® operating system.
- Use our CRM program (SalesForce) to document all issues and populate our internal knowledge base.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent qualifying experience.
- Passion for helping build a world class technical support organization and being a part of something that is changing an entire industry.
- Experience with assorted terminal emulation applications and TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience in a technical support role.
- Skilled with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Additional Valuable Background:
- JAVA programming.
- Ability to read and understand shell scripting.
- Oracle database experience – in terms of running queries and understanding the underlying interactions between our CRM application and an Oracle® database.
- Experience with high technology consumer products.
- Experience with firearms, optics and the overall shooting industry.
- Experience with social media marketing tools and CRM systems.
- Experience in working with customers that come from a very diverse background in terms of technical knowledge and/or shooting.
We look forward to hearing from you.