Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Cut throat.
Team Leader/Team Member-Greeting Customers (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Lack of leadership, will cut throat you at any given time. Everyone does their own thing. Meeting new people everyday was exciting, but not the leadership.
Pros
na
Cons
na
retail sales.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Washington, NJSeptember 20, 2017
was a good job i enjoyed working with the local farmers and etc. boring on weekdays and weekends it was a good busy and enjoyed it more. would like to work for this company again.
Great company to work for.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHSeptember 20, 2017
I really enjoyed every aspect of my job at Tractor Supply Co. Everything from customer relations to stocking the shelves to assembling merchandise. I enjoyed working with all the fellow employees and the management team.
Love it
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PASeptember 19, 2017
It's a great part time job. Love my coworkers, love the atmosphere and love the customers. I always have fun and get along with everyone. The company is great to work for too
fun place tro work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Warren, PASeptember 19, 2017
it is a fun place to work.I like talking and helping people,with thier decisions to purchase products.to tell them all about the productrs and the features.
Pros
loation
Cons
too short of brakes
Decent job for uneducated
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Love culture, some managers, and some customers. Sometimes short-staffed, so people get upset. Stressful sometimes. HVAC does not work well while stocking shelves.
Wonderful Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 19, 2017
I love the company, for a retail environment tractor supply is one of the best around. Friendly customers and friendly employees. You are encouraged to move up and they prefer to promote within the company.
Better be Proactive and forward thinking
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Tractor Supply Co is a store that you have to know many areas of life. Be that its animal feed, farm equipment, clothing, hardware, lawn & garden, or animal care. You'll need to take extra time from work just to familiarize yourself with everything.

If you're a reactive thinking person, good luck making it here. Proactive workers will do just fine and be heavily favored with more hours and possible opportunities.
Pros
Occasionally fun work enviroment
Cons
Poor pay, not enough hours
good people with bad management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 18, 2017
very easy job but the people in charge didn't have a clue how to really improve the store. The customers are very loyal and friendly. I enjoyed helping them to the fullest. The job had some physical labor and that was enjoyable aswell.
Pros
good customers
Cons
bad management
good
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Had a good working relationship with all the associates and most of the management staff. This company values family and works to be able to help employess with work life balance
Great and fun place to work only because of the people that I work with, not nessicarily because of the company.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Creston, IASeptember 18, 2017
The pay is low but again its fun because of the people I work with. Everyone qualifies for 401K which is a huge plus! After one year you are qualified for the stock purchase program as well.
great job
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 17, 2017
I worked at the site in Cottonwood, AZ and I Loved it. the team I worked with was amazing. I enjoyed going to work everyday. if I did not move out of state I would still be there.
bad work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 16, 2017
team members were under payed and we were treated badly and were under payed only the managers there can make a living wage for only working every other day
Pros
the only time that was good was when you werent there
Cons
no breaks at all bad managers
Tractor supply
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNSeptember 15, 2017
Tractor supply is a great place to work pay is low, if they would pay better they would have more employees to stay and work. I lvoed working there i was just Underpaid for the job that had to be done.
Very laid back but, yet consistent
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IASeptember 15, 2017
Great environment with great people. Very laid back but, very consistent. Its an easy Job but, teaches you a lot. Most employees are easy to get along with & are there when you need the help.
Pros
Great people, good enviroment
Cons
pay
Great place to build friendships and work hard
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PASeptember 14, 2017
Since I worked at Tractor Supply for 4 years I unfortunately saw many people come and go. Towards the end of my career at TSC, the bones of their management team left to move on to other things. What replaced them, in my opinion, almost costed our store which is why I felt it was getting harder and harder to work there. One thing though that I loved about working at TSC is the relationships that you built, not only with your coworkers but also your customers. I had multiple customers that came in on a weekly basis and would talk to me for at least 15 minutes. It felt good to have that "small town" connection just by working at a store. It also made it easier for me to help and introduce myself to new customers.
Pros
Great Customer-Employee relationships, variety of work always to be done
Cons
Poor management, disorganized store (on the floor and in the backroom)
An enjoyable place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NYSeptember 14, 2017
This is an enjoyable place to work. I enjoyed working with the employees and the managers very much, they were always there in case you ever needed them for a question or if a problem arose.
Usually high paced and stressful. Great customer base though.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  GASeptember 13, 2017
Customer service is a high priority with this company. They are measuring managers by metrics alone more and more. The company has changed it's management culture a lot since I started working there several years ago. Some are better but not all changes are for the better. They seem to be opening stores faster than their management levels can be fully trained. The benefits are nice but do not fully outweigh the negatives that seem to be creeping into upper management from hiring from outside and not promoting from within. Lots of the products are cheaper made now. I used to love this company but it is more of a struggle to enjoy my job now.
Pros
Friendly customers, good benefits for FT, great customer service is pushed
Cons
Heavy lifting, intense days, little respect for past job experience from upper management, major change in management culture over last several years
Interesting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Belchertown, MASeptember 12, 2017
Tractor supply was a fun place to work for. I miss eing around the local farmers and country people. Everything there was down to earth and interesting.
Pros
Cliantele
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jourdanton, TXSeptember 12, 2017
For a first time job it would be perfect , they work with your school hours but unless you plan on making it a career that's all it is a beginner job to get your foot in the door
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Tractor Supply Company Reviews by Location