TradeKing is seeking a JAVA Software Developer to join our growing team. The position requires an experienced developer of components in a distributed, N-tier architecture collection of services and web applications, which work in concert to provide reliable solutions. The ideal candidate will have worked in a Test-Driven Development (TDD) environment utilizing a Scrum (Agile) methodology to provide end-to-end development. Our developers gather and analyze requirements, make architectural and design recommendations, code, document, and test their contributions in a high-energy, team-oriented environment. Software Developers are expected to contribute significantly to the formulation and design of the solution, not just coding the implementation.
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive experience in Java Development
- Experience working with common Java libraries (Swing, GWT)
- Experience working with Web Based Java Development (JSP, jQuery, HTML5)
- Experience working with Service Bus Architectures (JMS, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working with ORM Frameworks (Hibernate)
- Experience working with SCM systems (such as CVS, Git, TFS) in a continuous integration environment (such as Bamboo, CruiseControl, Team City)
- Experience implementing N-tier architecture designs in distributed environments
- Experience working with unit testing tools and familiarity with Test-Driven Development
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, including query tuning and programming
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong desire to provide an exceptional customer experience in person and over the phone. Must be confident and credible over the phone and in person.
- Must work well under pressure and with others.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities and business partner expectations.
- Detail and results oriented and able to prioritize tasks in a multi-tasks environment.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment with strict deadlines.
- Solid interpersonal skills are required.
- Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice.
- Knowledge of or experience working in financial services and/or other regulated environments is a plus.
- Experience working with .NET Framework (ASP.NET MVC, nHibernate)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment with Scrum
- Experience developing web based financial systems a plus
- Extensive .NET Experience writing API driven web applications
- Experience with Objective-C for IOS Development
- Experience with Java for Android Development
- Working environment provides minimal exposure to discomfort or risk to safely.
- The job requires focused visual concentration in deciphering data and other information from computer.
- Some travel might required with most meeting participation over the phone.
- Bending, lifting, repetitive motions,
- Shift work and 24X7 support might be required with hours regularly exceeding a 40-hour work-week.
Indeed - 12 months ago