Trader Joe's

Trader Joe's Employer Reviews

Fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Lafayette, CASeptember 27, 2014
Go to work at 5 am and begin to restock and merchandise the store. I make sure the visual displays are looking sharp and eye catching before we open the store. The managers never have to check in with me because they know I'll be doing what has to be done in the store to keep is customer friendly. I get along great with all my co-workers and whenever – more... they need help I am always there to help them. The hardest part of the job is all the repetitive motion and it not being challenging enough for me. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. – less
Hard work and fun at the same time.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Mateo, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: employee discount, varied duties and responsibilites
Cons: took away my health care after 12 years
Working at Trader Joe's has been a joy for the 12+ years i have worked there. I learned the value of working as a team as well as the reward one gets for working hard. Most of my co-workers have worked with me for 5+ years so we have formed a family atmosphere to some degree. The hardest part of my job is waking up at 4am to be there by 5am but the – more... moment I walk into the store I see my co-workers, and their sense of humor and teamwork we exhibit is the most enjoyable part of my day. My typical work day consists of getting the store ready for our customers by the time we open at 8am. After 8am my main focus is the customer. This involves locating a product they can't find, checking them through at register, or even helping them put their groceries into the car. – less
Crwe member
Crew Member/Trainer (Current Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: work around your school schedule
Cons: never break you and the pay isn't what it used to be.
The jobs is easy and the workers are great. I love the people in management but communication is horrible and rules are constantly changing. Like most companies its all about politics. Pay is average but not great.
Great coworkers
Crew Member (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: 10% employee discount on all products
It's a pretty standard grocery store but working with such great people is what makes it special.
Great place to work!
Crew Member (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free food great coworkers flexible schedules
Cons: working weekends to make up hours opening shifts are 5 am
I have learned so much about different types of foods and how to work with people of different backgrounds. I love the atmosphere, looking forward to going to work on a daily basis has been a great change for me. The most enjoyable part is my co-workers who keep me laughing all shift long. I also love tasting new food and being excited to talk to customers – more... about different products. The hardest part is working harder when others are slacking but that happens at any job. – less
ok
STOCKER (Former Employee), Centreville, VASeptember 1, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Trader Joe's has a unique and welcoming environment.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 28, 2014
Trader Joe's provides a professional environment for all employees. There is much camaraderie and teamwork among the staff and management.
Wonderful place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 23, 2014
Just a great place, hope to be here for years. the crew and management staff is also great..
Positive work environment. Good company, good people, good benefits
Crew Member (Current Employee), Rollingwood, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: environment!
Cons: very hard physical work
- Very active.
- Very positive.
- Great place to work.
- Good management.
- Great benefits.
- Very physical work.
Teaching Swedish Children English
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: rewarding!
Made Voice Recordings for audio books that Swedish children used to learn English. Met with a small group of English speakers every couple of weeks. The recording took place on Campus or in a home. It was a very enjoying and enriching job especially when we saw and heard the final result!
Overall good place to work; work with fun and hard-working people.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 6, 2014
- Good people to work with, fun environment.
- Compensation is not bad at all, especially for students and young people.
- I really get along with pretty much all of my managers and co-workers
- It can be tough to be working with the public/the customers sometimes, you just can't let the littles things get to you.
McGrath's, as a bus girl and hostess
Crew Member (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 31, 2014
Pros: my co-workers were great. fun team.
Cons: none.
I enjoyed my time working at McGrath's. In large part because my co-workers were my co-students as well. However, I also enjoyed and appreciated the management staff. The work was neither substantially rewarding nor exceedingly taxing, but simply time consuming. Thus allowing me to focus all my energy on being a student.
i work with the best people
Customer Service (Current Employee), Silverdale, WAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: 10% discount
I have a spectacular boss and enjoy helping people. I have enjoyed the flexibility that I have.
Trader Joe's
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 20, 2014
A great company with a friendly staff. Trader Joe's works very hard to make you well rounded crew member. Foods great too.
Good Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Enjoyed working for them. Treated the employees good. Nice co-workers.
a face pace working environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
Kind and helpful. They trained everything in a step by step process for which understanding.
Friendly and fun working environment.
Fast paced company with opportunity to grow
Section Leader (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, crew members, managers, food, hard work, fast paced, raises every 6 months based on work preformance
Cons: none to be noted at this time
I love working at Trader Joe's in Stamford, CT. I write an order for the store, and have been getting more and more responsibility as the weeks go by. It is labor intensive work, but very rewarding at the end of the day, (Sometimes 9, 10, 11 or 12 at night), when you look at a section that you restocked at the end of the day and it looks immaculate.

Managers – more... at this location are great 99% of the time, but hey, everyone has an off day every now and again. They're some of the best people I have had the pleasure of working with. That's right, WITH!!! All the managers actually work with the crew members!!! They get on their hands and knees and restock the bottom shelves, they clean the toilets, scrub the floors... They work just as hard, sometimes harder than the crew members!!! Trader Joe's has a "Lead by example" policy that their managers listen to.

The crew members are just pleasant to be around also. Most of the time, it feels like you are home hosting a party and the crew members are your family and the customers are the guests... and the managers are the parents... but not in a bad way. Every single person that works with me in Stamford, CT is great!!!

The food is great tasting, great priced, and the environment is unbelievable!!!

Plus, unlike most grocery stores you go to, everyone in Trader Joe's does every job, (with some exceptions, i.e. section leadership/order writing), That means, everyone cashiers, everyone cleans, everyone restocks the shelves, everyone does cart runs, everyone returns bottles for customers, and everyone helps everyone else.

On top of everything, everyone gets 2 reviews a year, at which point, the managers and captain, (Head Manager), grade your performance for the last 6 months, and if you did an outstanding job, you get a raise... TWICE A YEAR!!! That's unheard of in this economy!!!! Now, you have to not only do your job, but continue to improve yourself from the last review, but for most people, that's not hard to do. But the kicker is this... The crew, (Workers), get to review their bosses. WHAT OTHER PLACE DOES THAT?!?!? I would have had a lot to say about a few of my former bosses, but that's neither here nor there.

Overall, Trader Joe's is one of the best places I've worked at and would give it no less than a 5-star rating. ***** – less
Relaxed but yet high paced job constant movement
Crew Member (Former Employee), Upland, CAJune 10, 2014
There is always something that can be done in Trader Joe's from cleaning spilled product to helping customers. Always moving and interacting whether it be with customer or co-worker.
good place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Alameda, CAJune 4, 2014
the culture was great
the job was good and consistent
great place to work
Great job.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Pinole, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: raises every 6 months. can have a balance between life and work.
Cons: managers and bureaucracy. advancement.
If you love food then this job is for you. Competitive wages and a fun atmosphere. Managers can suffer from favoritism. Job is relatively easy just show up and do work. The hardest part of the job is dealing with managers that favor more over other employees. Learning about food and providing professional customer experience is what you are going to – more... learn working here. Advancement upwards can be difficult and political. Make take an upwards of 5 plus years if you don't have any experience. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Trader Joe's

When it comes to grocery chains, Trader Joe's isn't your average Joe. With some 375 stores in 30-plus states, the company offers – Read more