Trader Joe's

Trader Joe's Employee Reviews

Fast Paced and Enjoyable
Crew Memeber (Current Employee), Kent, WAJune 28, 2015
A typical day at work is fairly basic. At the top of the hour each person generally switches tasks from being a cashier clerk, to stocking, customer management (called helmsing). These are the three basic tasks that each employee (including management) does each day.

It is a fast-paced workplace that requires one to be on their feet and moving at all times. I have sat down while not on lunch maybe 2x the past year I have worked here.
Very Busy and labor intensive
Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington,MNJune 9, 2015
Fun for crew members but very stressful for management, depending on location store is set up for great crew and customer interactions
Fantastic Employer
Crew Member (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2015
Been with Trader Joe's for over 10yrs and I still love going into work everyday. They treat me fairly, and give out raises twice a year.
Trader Joe's Crew Member
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: 10% Discount
Cons: On your feet for your whole shift
Trader Joe's has a positive environment that makes work fun. There's a lot of physical work and of course, friendly customer service. Management are usually easy going and co-workers are fun as well. The hardest part of the job is the continuous time of bending over and for me it took a toll on my back. Since my hasn't been the same.
But overall I had one of the best experience of my life.
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Inventory Manager/Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Darien, CTMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Poor Work Life Balance
Sense of pride over continual growth and advancement and helping customers and employees to the best of my ability. Improving every day. Seeing the outcome of my work directly result the improvment of sales.
Fun place to work
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Hyannis, MAMay 26, 2015
Very faced paced environment. Always busy. Co-workers all positive and fun to work with. Sometimes we do have difficult customers but usually turn them around with a positive attitude.
Hardest part of the job is bringing in shopping carts during winter storms. Most enjoyable is working with positive people.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent work culture
Cons: Work/life balance due to odd hours.
A fantastic and supportive work environment in my experience, whose only drawback was work/life balance becoming difficult due to the odd hours of availability. Earliest shifts start at 4AM and the latest run until 12AM, making social and family time difficult to organize.
Its a very fun place to work
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 12, 2015
Pros: Trying the product, Working alongside alot if great people
Cons: no problems here
Its a very fun place to work the managers are great people they also do all the work the employees do and more they make sure your work is noticed and they helped me to cultivate my customers service skill even better benefits are a big plus as well!
A Productive and Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 7, 2015
Pros: I wonderful Enviroment
Cons: Not enough hours
Fun
What a Customer is preparing for the day
Different Methods of Managing
Uplifting
Dealing with the Death of a Lost Co-Worker
Interacting with the Customers
An energetic work environment with friendly and engaging coworkers
Crew Member (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Amazing benefits, great crew, and flexible hours
Cons: Its still retail.
A typical work day would consist of a few hours of point of sale transactions and then the remaining shift is restocking inventory while maintaining positive customer relations.
The greatest skill I obtained from my years at Trader Joe's is the ability to diffuse a hostile situation with a difficult customer.
Fun environment with hardworking and enthusiastic crew
Crew Member (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 1, 2015
A typical day at Trader Joe's is always a very busy and fast paced. We are always eager and more than willing to help our customers in any way we can. I have learned to be patient and pay attention to detail while providing excellent customer service. I have worked with a plethora of amazing people who all come to work loving what they do. The most challenging thing about the job is the physical labor.
One of the best places I ever worked
Section Leader (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 8, 2015
Pros: Reviews happen twice a year. Paid well. Great insurance.
Cons: Too many managers at my store, they all work OT while crew members get less than 5 shifts a week.
At TJ's, you are treated with respect, in a fun working environment. You will absolutely work hard, but it's worth it. Free food throughout the day and all of the tastings are fun. Need time off? It's almost always approved. The store is colorful and bright and your co-workers are almost always happy. They hire the right people and it makes a huge difference.

Left my job, due to a relocation. Great company though.
Stellar
Crew Member (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 1, 2015
Pros: The food. Oh, so good.
Cons: It's tiring being so cheerful all the time. That's what the coffee is for!
Your work isn't all that glamorous, but it's the people you work with and the customers that make all the difference. TJ's strives to make an atmosphere that their employees really enjoy, and that enthusiasm naturally bubbles out to the people who come in the store. They also sell high-quality products and are willing to take anything back at any time, no questions asked. They place their customers in the highest regard, and that really shows. It's completely backwards from every other company I've ever worked with, and it's been one of the most enjoyable places I've been lucky enough to work with. It's hard work, 8 hours on your feet, but the day is broken up so you're not doing the same thing for those 8 hours. The pay is not bad and the benefits are awesome. What more can you ask for!
Great working environment
Accounts Payable Clerk, (Former Employee), Monrovia, CAApril 1, 2015
The company is always growing, there is always something new to learn and improve on. The work environment is easy going, casual and fun.
Fun workplace, good benefits.
Sales Associate/Cashier, (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: The customers that come in and my benefits
Well working with Trader Joe's is a fast paced place to work always an the go stocking, helping customers, building knowledge of the product and just overall enjoying your workplace, my coworkers are great to work with, and I would say the hardest part of my job is leaving work at the end of the day because when you love what you do it is not hard.
Fun place
Crew Member (Current Employee), Atherton, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: get off at 11 pm
Trader Joe's is a fun and supportive envoriment where both the managerial staff and the other co-workers do their best to help you and make you a beteer employee
Fun atmosphere with Hawaiian shirts
Crew Member (Current Employee), Montgomeryville, PAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, benefits, atmosphere
Trader Joe's is a fantastic company that takes care of its employees. There is no typical day at Trader Joe's, every single day is different which is great because then you can never get bored. Whether you are helping customers find a product or ringing them up at the register you are always surrounded by people. The co-workers here are amazing and some of the hardest workers.
over all great place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: good health coverage. great work place to work
Cons: wanted higher pay
do your work and there is no problem. great people. great place to work! I had a great time working there, the customers are great. I really enjoyed the management over all and loved trying all the food and letting customers try the food.
Productive place to work with a strong sense of community
Crew Member (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLMarch 22, 2015
A typical day as a crew member at Trader Jo's is always fast paced. Your duties include working cash registers, stocking shelves, answering bells, and customer interaction. You generally have a few hours doing register and a few hours working product and all this time you are making t he customer feel welcome, answering questions, doing returns, ringing bells for assistance, and bagging groceries. Management at Trader Joe's is unique in that there are several managers we call "Mates" and a head manager we call "The Captain". Generally the Mates take care of the majority of concerns, while the Captain works in the main office, but both the Mates and the Captain do the work that the crew members do. It's like a big community. The coworkers are one of the best parts of the job because there are the people you work beside every day. They really become like family. They assist you on register and on product by helping you bag groceries when their line is slow and by helping work product in whatever section you are in. The hardest part of the job is balancing customer service and product time. Sometimes there is a time crunch and other times dealing with customers can be difficult. The best part of the job is interaction with the customers. Most of the time people are really enjoyable and are visually appreciative of the service you provide. You get to know returning customers and their families which makes you really connect with people. Talking to people while they are at your register almost forces you to make friends and trains you to become a master conversationalist.
A fun place to work with great benefits and management
Trader Joe's Crew Member (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 14, 2015
I have grown a lot as a person throughout my time at Trader Joe's. It's nice to work for a company that truly cares for its employees and values their opinions and feedback.

1 2 3 4 5

About Trader Joe's

When it comes to grocery chains, Trader Joe's isn't your average Joe. With some 375 stores in 30-plus states, the company offers – Read more

Trader Joe's Salaries