Trader Joe's Employee Reviews

Won't recommend any one to work here
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 20, 2017
There staffs is rude and don't know how to talk to anyone and is very unprofessional place and don't know how to explain anything to there crew member
Orderselector (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 15, 2017
learned how to build pallets certain ways, operate forklift, ability to receive loads and understand bill of lading. Hours worked were great and management and work culture were ok but benefits could've been better
Great place to work for a sum what flexible schedule
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2017
All in all I truly enjoy the people that I work with management included I can go to work and have fun with our customers and my employers. They provide a lot of help to help you succeed as a crew member, however TJ's tends to build itself in more affluent areas and customers tend to be extremely self entitled to an unrealistic extent.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Short breaks. kiss your weekends goodbye because that's when they have the highest customer volume
Great working here
Trader Joe's Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 14, 2017
I have enjoyed working here. All of the managers are very easy going and haven't had any problems with this company. Very flexible work hours. Very customer service oriented.
Pros
Demo food, great people to work for, very laid back, very flexible
A great place to work, if you get to work with the great managers.
Section Leader Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2017
This place is amazing to work at. There are so many good things about it, however the bad things stick out more. Some managers only have the people skills to talk to customers but not with their employees, managers get very personal and like to blame their subordinates for mistakes.
Pros
Fast pace, days are down fast
Cons
Lots of work with minimal help
Wonderful milestone for growth
Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Trader Joes is a fantastic company that genuinely care for the health and well-being of their employees.
It's a wonderfully diverse range of people employed and it brings with it a really great place for all of them to learn about food and new ways to work together as a team.
A typical day at work consisted of checking in with your team/section leaders and working with time and team to make sure products are neat and available for customers. Providing food/product samples to help customers find exactly what they need.
The hardest thing was the physically demanding aspects, although the team makes sure to keep everyone safe as possible, there are a lot of requirements physically.
The best part of the job would be learning about the differences in wine countries and flower species as well as talking with customers about their favorite products and how they use them.
Best workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2017
The crew at the downtown philly store rocks! Very good job, highly recommended. Management there makes the job awesome and something to look forward too! I'd go back
Forklift orientated job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAFebruary 2, 2017
Knowledge of the machines is a must. One of the best places to learn forklift experience. This is one of the jobs that you never get off the machines and are much happier for it
Funny and would recommend this job to others.
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Typical day working at Traders Joe's warehouse was really productive. Always working and making us busy with an assignment. Hardest part was dealing with the freezing department. Other than that,it was really fun and worth applying for.
Pros
Working with great hardworking co-workers.
Cons
NONE
I Loved it
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 1, 2017
I loved the job and would return in a heartbeat. Customers are extraordinary, co-workers are well qualified, pay is adequate, health benefits are superior, products are good. If you like to put in a good days work, this may be the job for you.
Typical day involves 3 to 4 hours on the register, 3 to 4 hours working a combination of food demos, restocking the store, bringing carts in from the parking lot, working in the beer & wine department, bagging and doing carry outs, and all day helping customers as your primary opportunity.
I learned how easy and fun working in a grocery store can be.
Management style is different.
Workplace culture amongst crew members is very very good.
Hardest part of the job is standing all day; once you become accustomed to it, it becomes second nature.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers and becoming familiar with them.
Trader Joe's is not your typical organization and kudos to them for their positive differences.
Pros
quality of customers and co-workers, health benefits
Cons
they exist
Family atmosphere, energetic crew, great work life balance.
Trader Joe's Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 31, 2017
I say work-life balance as a student so take that with a grain of salt. Flexible scheduling hours makes for easy time off and part-time positions. Can be rigorous if you aren't used to lifting daily, but there are plenty of other jobs to be done if you are not capable of lifting. The crew becomes family, like another support network. Plenty of store outings and taco trucks as well as wine tastings, beer tastings, food, great customers.
Best job yet!
Graphic Artist/Typographer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 31, 2017
I never knew how true appreciation felt from an employer until I worked for TJ's. They understand that you are a real person with needs, and everyday not only the managers but the crew members as well, do their best to be as loving and supportive as a family. It really is amazing!
Pros
free food, flexible
Cons
work lots of weekends
Definitely keep busy
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJanuary 25, 2017
I'm a full time artist at the store. The energy is great in the store, everyone's really nice and the customers are great. I wish we had more people working there though.
Pros
I get to do art all day
Cons
Short handed a lot of the time
Good entry level job
Crew (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 25, 2017
Trader Joes is a great entry level job. you will do everything from cashier to stock shelves to cooking food. Not a whole lot of room for advancement but still a great company.
Excellent working environment
Crew Member, order writer, sales (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MAJanuary 22, 2017
I would recommend anyone who is looking for a job that offers a great, fun and busy working environment to come and check Trader Joe's employment opportunities out. Excellent competitive wages especially working in a grocery store. I'm not aware of any other that compares.
Pros
Friendly working environment, competitive wages and great benefits for part-time work
Like your back to school
Puller (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Bad work environment as if your in high school people turn over rate daily new people come in and daily people leave stay to yourself if you want to work here
Pros
Cons
Like a high school
It was productive
Puller/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 15, 2017
I had fun working at trader Joe's. The company worker was very nice and some of the lead was good too. They gave the workers alot of overtime. And we was able to switch to differ departmentso when we was done with our department.
Pros
It should be longer lunch
Cons
The job was good. But some of the workwr was very inappropriate
Fun work atmosphere
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 11, 2017
Everyone is always in a good mood so it makes the work day very pleasurable. Hardest part of the job is the late shifts. Typical day at work consists of working register, talking to customers, and pulling products to stock shelves.
fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Fun, exciting, always meeting new customers with eclectic tastes in food.
Sampling of new products was a regular part of our job so we could recommend products to customers.

Well thought out and clean stock areas, easy access to backstock, coworkers are friendly, part of a teem,

Management very supportive of new ideas,regarding merchandising, stocking, product placement, from all employees.
Pros
Many tastings of products, back rooms clean, flexible hours, great staff.
Great, but management takes themselves too seriously
Trader Joe's Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2017
It's a great job, but the small store size and lack of diversity in employees results in constant highschool drama. Management holds secret meetings where they file petty complaints about employees. There's a complete lack of transparency, although captains also aren't shy about playing favorites.

Still, the benefits are good (vision/dental/PPO) and the pay is quality for similar jobs. Retail management is almost always terrible.
Pros
Free food, flexible work day, good scheduling
Cons
Bad management, unqualified management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trader Joe's. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2