Trader Joe's Employee Reviews

Very fun company to work for, great energy.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: not much room for professional growth
Very customer-oriented, focused on the customer experience, high energy job, very friendly staff/employees/coworkers, great communication.
An excellent environment to work and interact.
Crew member (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Good Benifits
Cons: Short Breaks, Mediocre Pay
The biggest strength Trader Joe's has over many other retail or grocery stores is the variety of work you could do. As a crew member you have the ability to determine where on the sales floor you should be working. This allows you to be familiar with almost all of the products and really lets you take pride in your work.
Great place to work!!!
Retail Clerk (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2015
Trade Joe's allows you to be yourself and give you many opportunities to develop product knowledge. The employees are amazing people and very hard working.
GREAT
crew member (Former Employee), new yorkAugust 10, 2015
Very good company, the management and the employees are all very helpful. A good family atmosphere. Great pay and benefits
A terrific work experience overall, but lacked intellectual satisfaction.
Crewmember (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great products & company, customer loyalty, high-quality employees
Cons: Too many 'short' work weeks, unable to specialize in best use/talent area, lack of career opportunities.
Be ready for a physically challenging, non-stop work day w/ very short breaks. Customer service and interaction is a WOW priority!!
Your personality must be engaging and proactive, even at the cash register. You will perform EVERY job in the store, from the trash and grocery carts to working in the dairy box. Stocking and straightening product on shelves is a major part of your day. Your fellow teammates are usually of very high character and really keep you on point. Benefits and compensation are first rate for a retailer of this type. Management is smart and creative, but often, they are heavy-handed with their micro-management style and practices.
Fun place with amazing friends and eats!
Crew Member/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on everything they sell. Easy and fun work environment.
Cons: Trader Joe's has changed management expectations, and it allowed the absolute wrong individuals to be placed into leadership roles.
Times have changed drastically with this company, but it is still a great company to work for with possibilities of advancement for the right person.
Productive and fun workplace with four square court behind the store
Crew Member/Produce Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere, good food, fun people
Cons: Store politics
I was hired at Trader Joe's when I was 18, and left when I turned 23. I grew so much as a person while I was working there. My managers and coworkers were incredible role models and good friends. The customer base was always friendly, outgoing people, as are the individuals that work there. I was given the responsibility of managing the produce sections for three years, and that put me on the path to an official store management position. Trader Joe's is a great place to work.
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
I like working here, even though the hours were crazy and sometimes too demanding. However, I liked been part of a team and my co-workers were fun and hard working.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: heavy lifting
great place, great management. well run company. a lot of standing and heavy lifting. would highly recommend, flexible hours.
Perfect for the outgoing
crew member (Current Employee), plano, txJuly 20, 2015
I've worked with TJs for over a year and a half now and have had very few complaints. Sadly, I'm only part time since I'm currently in school but the benefits for the full time crew are amazing. The hardest part about the job is how demanding it can be energy-wise for a more introverted person. If you're outgoing or enjoy a job with a fast pace, TJs is perfect for you!
fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2015
great culture at Trader Joe's, everybody on the crew becomes a good friend, food and wine tastings often, benefits and 401k, raise opportunities every 6 months
Great company to work for. A lot of room for networking, and most Staff are amazing to work with/
Crew Member (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great environment, Great benefits. Good pay
Cons: Difficult to advance in company, Benefits are based by hours, Can be Selective in full-time hours
A typical day at any store can usually pretty fun and productive.Being with company for 6 years I've learned a lot about retail and hospitality. There can be some aggravating days, usually from customers, but overall pretty good company to work for. I will not lie, moving up can be very difficult and selective and having full-time hours can be selective depending on what store you choose.
Excellent Place to Work
Crew Member​ (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
The company takes great care of the staff and makes everyday fun. The team works together to make customers happy which makes me happy as well.
fun and productive work days
Order Puller (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Free pizza every friday
Cons: didn't get paid for overtime.
Clean safe fast paced environment, nice clean break room, friendly co works/ staff. i was never given a task i couldn't execute, i put 100% into my work performance.
N/A
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 8, 2015
Great company to work for. Definitely would recommend it to anybody. Great benefits. Great coworkers. Great management. Flexible hours. Great for college students
Great peers, high energy workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
Pros: tastings, benefits program, paid time off
Cons: work/life balance can be a struggle
Typical days consist of anything ranging from customer service and aid on the sales floor to breaking down 20 pallets before the store opens each morning. A lot of fun overall, great exercise!, wonderful for people who consider themselves a food enthusiast
Have Lost touch with their employees
Crew Member (Current Employee), N/AJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Employees are good people
Cons: Terrible quality of life
TJs is so focused on expanding that they have lost touch with all of their current employees. What started out as a great company to work for has gone down hill with poor hiring(managers in particular), poor review execution, and decreased benefit packages. Not a bad part time gig as the employees are good people.
Fast Paced and Enjoyable
Crew Memeber (Current Employee), Kent, WAJune 28, 2015
A typical day at work is fairly basic. At the top of the hour each person generally switches tasks from being a cashier clerk, to stocking, customer management (called helmsing). These are the three basic tasks that each employee (including management) does each day.

It is a fast-paced workplace that requires one to be on their feet and moving at all times. I have sat down while not on lunch maybe 2x the past year I have worked here.
Very Busy and labor intensive
Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington,MNJune 9, 2015
Fun for crew members but very stressful for management, depending on location store is set up for great crew and customer interactions
Fantastic Employer
Crew Member (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2015
Been with Trader Joe's for over 10yrs and I still love going into work everyday. They treat me fairly, and give out raises twice a year.