Trader Joe's

Trader Joe's Employee Reviews

Perfect for the outgoing
crew member (Current Employee), plano, txJuly 20, 2015
I've worked with TJs for over a year and a half now and have had very few complaints. Sadly, I'm only part time since I'm currently in school but the benefits for the full time crew are amazing. The hardest part about the job is how demanding it can be energy-wise for a more introverted person. If you're outgoing or enjoy a job with a fast pace, TJs is perfect for you!
fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2015
great culture at Trader Joe's, everybody on the crew becomes a good friend, food and wine tastings often, benefits and 401k, raise opportunities every 6 months
Great company to work for. A lot of room for networking, and most Staff are amazing to work with/
Crew Member (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great environment, Great benefits. Good pay
Cons: Difficult to advance in company, Benefits are based by hours, Can be Selective in full-time hours
A typical day at any store can usually pretty fun and productive.Being with company for 6 years I've learned a lot about retail and hospitality. There can be some aggravating days, usually from customers, but overall pretty good company to work for. I will not lie, moving up can be very difficult and selective and having full-time hours can be selective depending on what store you choose.
Excellent Place to Work
Crew Member​ (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
The company takes great care of the staff and makes everyday fun. The team works together to make customers happy which makes me happy as well.
fun and productive work days
Order Puller (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Free pizza every friday
Cons: didn't get paid for overtime.
Clean safe fast paced environment, nice clean break room, friendly co works/ staff. i was never given a task i couldn't execute, i put 100% into my work performance.
N/A
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 8, 2015
Great company to work for. Definitely would recommend it to anybody. Great benefits. Great coworkers. Great management. Flexible hours. Great for college students
Great peers, high energy workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
Pros: tastings, benefits program, paid time off
Cons: work/life balance can be a struggle
Typical days consist of anything ranging from customer service and aid on the sales floor to breaking down 20 pallets before the store opens each morning. A lot of fun overall, great exercise!, wonderful for people who consider themselves a food enthusiast
Have Lost touch with their employees
Crew Member (Current Employee), N/AJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Employees are good people
Cons: Terrible quality of life
TJs is so focused on expanding that they have lost touch with all of their current employees. What started out as a great company to work for has gone down hill with poor hiring(managers in particular), poor review execution, and decreased benefit packages. Not a bad part time gig as the employees are good people.
Fast Paced and Enjoyable
Crew Memeber (Current Employee), Kent, WAJune 28, 2015
A typical day at work is fairly basic. At the top of the hour each person generally switches tasks from being a cashier clerk, to stocking, customer management (called helmsing). These are the three – more... basic tasks that each employee (including management) does each day.

It is a fast-paced workplace that requires one to be on their feet and moving at all times. I have sat down while not on lunch maybe 2x the past year I have worked here. – less
Very Busy and labor intensive
Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington,MNJune 9, 2015
Fun for crew members but very stressful for management, depending on location store is set up for great crew and customer interactions
Fantastic Employer
Crew Member (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2015
Been with Trader Joe's for over 10yrs and I still love going into work everyday. They treat me fairly, and give out raises twice a year.
Trader Joe's Crew Member
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: 10% Discount
Cons: On your feet for your whole shift
Trader Joe's has a positive environment that makes work fun. There's a lot of physical work and of course, friendly customer service. Management are usually easy going and co-workers are fun as well. The hardest part of the job is the continuous time of bending over and for me it took a toll on my back. Since my hasn't been the same.
But overall I had one of the best experience of my life.
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Inventory Manager/Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Darien, CTMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Poor Work Life Balance
Sense of pride over continual growth and advancement and helping customers and employees to the best of my ability. Improving every day. Seeing the outcome of my work directly result the improvment of sales.
Fun place to work
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Hyannis, MAMay 26, 2015
Very faced paced environment. Always busy. Co-workers all positive and fun to work with. Sometimes we do have difficult customers but usually turn them around with a positive attitude.
Hardest part of the job is bringing in shopping carts during winter storms. Most enjoyable is working with positive people.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent work culture
Cons: Work/life balance due to odd hours.
A fantastic and supportive work environment in my experience, whose only drawback was work/life balance becoming difficult due to the odd hours of availability. Earliest shifts start at 4AM and the latest run until 12AM, making social and family time difficult to organize.
Its a very fun place to work
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 12, 2015
Pros: Trying the product, Working alongside alot if great people
Cons: no problems here
Its a very fun place to work the managers are great people they also do all the work the employees do and more they make sure your work is noticed and they helped me to cultivate my customers service skill even better benefits are a big plus as well!
A Productive and Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 7, 2015
Pros: I wonderful Enviroment
Cons: Not enough hours
Fun
What a Customer is preparing for the day
Different Methods of Managing
Uplifting
Dealing with the Death of a Lost Co-Worker
Interacting with the Customers
An energetic work environment with friendly and engaging coworkers
Crew Member (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Amazing benefits, great crew, and flexible hours
Cons: Its still retail.
A typical work day would consist of a few hours of point of sale transactions and then the remaining shift is restocking inventory while maintaining positive customer relations.
The greatest skill I obtained from my years at Trader Joe's is the ability to diffuse a hostile situation with a difficult customer.
Fun environment with hardworking and enthusiastic crew
Crew Member (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 1, 2015
A typical day at Trader Joe's is always a very busy and fast paced. We are always eager and more than willing to help our customers in any way we can. I have learned to be patient and pay attention to – more... detail while providing excellent customer service. I have worked with a plethora of amazing people who all come to work loving what they do. The most challenging thing about the job is the physical labor. – less
One of the best places I ever worked
Section Leader (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 8, 2015
Pros: Reviews happen twice a year. Paid well. Great insurance.
Cons: Too many managers at my store, they all work OT while crew members get less than 5 shifts a week.
At TJ's, you are treated with respect, in a fun working environment. You will absolutely work hard, but it's worth it. Free food throughout the day and all of the tastings are fun. Need time off? It's – more... almost always approved. The store is colorful and bright and your co-workers are almost always happy. They hire the right people and it makes a huge difference.

Left my job, due to a relocation. Great company though. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Trader Joe's

When it comes to grocery chains, Trader Joe's isn't your average Joe. With some 375 stores in 30-plus states, the company offers – Read more

Trader Joe's Salaries