Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International Employer Reviews

More concerned with micromanaging the sales force than actual production.
Field Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: exotic annual trip (2 persons), for good producers who generate over a million $$ in sales first year.
Cons: poor management, long hours, bad pay, broken promises.
As a Field Representative you will work long hours and be responsible for procuring clients, and be the point of contact between those clients and the company. You also are responsible for collections and your commission is a small % of the $$ collected by you. High turnover ratio. Out of 10 field Reps hired only two stay with the company.
ITS A TEMP. AGENCY
Carpenter/ Iron Worker (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: learned about steel framing and steel siding and roofing
Cons: still not doing what i applied for, low pay rates, they lied, no communication to the employees from the main office. they're disorganized.
I went through tradesmen intl. hoping to get training to become an electricians apprentice (i applied for that position) but instead, I am doing "grunt work for pennies". They promised a raise after 90 days-nothing yet, health benefits-still waiting.This is a construction job placement agency. half of the people are either inexperienced or straight out of prison.
Hard Work- low pay
Carpenter/ Iron Worker (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: construction work is reliable
Cons: low pay, charge for personal protective equipment, lack of training.
I've been working For them for about 5 months and have not been given a promised raise, health benefits or any applicable training on the career that I applied for.
They ARE a temporary job placement agency for larger construction companies, even though they say they're not.
Execlent
Turbine Tech (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
 Repair , troubleshoot, and replace Gas Turbines and Generators
 Lubricate, repair, and change parts on Axial Flow Compressors and Centrifugal Compressor combustion
 Replaced, and repaired machine parts and attachments according to production specifications Turbine gas & steam
They try to keep you working
Fiber Optic / Data Technician (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: they try to keep you working
Cons: they are not incontrol of how long you are at job
this is a employment agency so must work multiple jobs before you will find a permanent home in a job location. they have many locations so if willing to travel they can get work
Construction employment service
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: get to meet a lot of different types of people
Cons: pay, hours, and corporate culture
Recruit and hire skilled construction trades people to send out to clients on a by the job or as needed basis.

Co-workers were good to work with.

Hardest part of job: Dealing with all the corporate politics.

Most Enjoyable: Finding jobs for good people
good company to work for
service plumber (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 2, 2015
a typical day consisted of servicing plumbing systems and preventative maintenance on said systems and finding solutions for all our clients needs.
I am experieced meeting production is not hard to reach
Welder (Current Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 1, 2015
Huntington Ingalls is where I am working. Crew meetings held every shift. I like bonding in a crew. Management encourages us. I like welding an fixing things.
The office environment is positive only with the right management and office staff.
General Manager (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 28, 2015
Each office in each state is run by a general manager supported by an area manager. The success of that office is extremely dependant on the right people with an upbeat and positive attitude. When that is in place the sky is the limit!
Where their weakness falls is at the corporate level. Be cautious of the captain in charge.
Great Employment Company
Maritime Painter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Tradesmen international is a worker temp company. They quickly got me employed with BAE Systems. With a Department of Defense contract.
steady work
Electrician (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2015
eazy to work for, co-workers responable
employer has good management
Tradesmen International
Recruiter (Current Employee), Urbandale, IAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: learning a lot about job force.
Cons: no bonuses or commission
Was responsible for recruiting construction workers. Put jobs on indeed, career builder, and craigslist. I would always interview the candidates and determine which position would be best for them. Also would take their work experience and find jobs that is best for the abilities. Make sure that employees will always stay busy so they have a steady paycheck.
Lies to obtain employees
Employment Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: ^ see reveiw
Have been mislead about pay and schedules of jobs. For example I took a job under the agreement of working seven days a week 12 hour days. the schedule ended up only being 6 days a week 10 hours a day. When I spoke with other employees i heard similar stories.
Another instance; I was told that I could only recieve such a low pay because the job did not need "lead plumbers", but that is exactly what I was doing. I was reading and interpreting blueprints, excavating with a mini trackhoe and was basically running the crew , ALL of these duties for apprentice pay basically ($16.00/hr)
Flexable
Commercial/Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 16, 2015
This worked well with my continuing education. The work was short term and inconsistent.
journeyman painter
Commercial Painter (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: tool program
Cons: temp. service
they take most of your pay, they charge the company 37.00 per hr. and pay you 16.00 per hr..Also they were always short staff .they said that they only hire journeymen painters, but their were people who could not paint a door. I found myself training people, But not being paid for it, nor did I know ,these were novices.so with not enough men on the jobs and untrained people, this make keeping a schedule and quality very difficult.
Nice people easy to work with .
Plumber/Fitter (Former Employee), sree hotelJanuary 9, 2015
They always try to keep you working ! They try to keep you near your family .
Hire Professional
General Foreman (Current Employee), Omaha,Neb.December 24, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: weather permitting hinders working ( not real stable)
This is a great company to work for as they are professional in getting jobs for you and paying great wages.
Love this work because i know it well
Construction Worker (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 23, 2014
Pros: pay is great
Cons: you have to travel on your own
This company is great. has great per deim. Ive learned a lot at this job. Management is great they don't hound you just expect you to work. Lunch is the great part and getting something accomplished is the greatest part.
rewarding job
CONSTRUCTION LABORER (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 23, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: job ended
i enjoy working in the electrical field ive learned alot of skills of the trade to utilize on the job. i also work as a cnc operator and general machnist.
decent if working
Carpenter (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: decent pay, friendly staff
Cons: unstable work
the office i work for has friendly staff and seem to be genuine. Problem is you never know when you will work or if you will be working at all. Very unstable otherwise would be a good place to work

1 2 3 4 5

About Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International is the construction industry's leading employer of skilled craftsmen. We're proud to showcase craft professional – Read more

Tradesmen International Photos