Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

No loyalty
General Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 22, 2016
too many views on which direction the company is going. Recent leadership turnover, future doesn't look bright. Willing to cut loses once you reach the point of them paying for your benefits.
Good workplace,job safety is a must.
Crew worker (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 21, 2016
i like the job ,far as going to go pick my check up we always have a laugh after work ,or on lunch. They always make sure your work environment is safe.
Pros
free lunches on fridays at the office.
Cons
the heat, working in the sun
Best Skilled Trades Staffing Company in the U.S.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 21, 2016
Very good training and upper management guidance. Empower managers so they can apply their skills and experience. Must be willing to commit to 12-14 hour days to be successful
Beware of Management
Electrican (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2016
I am a 16,000 hour Journeymen electrician and have been working for tradesmen International for 5 months. seems that the Salt Lake office is floundering and has resorted to lying and being deceitful to its employees. During my time I was told that I would receive holiday pay after 90 days but on labor day I received nothing, when I questioned management I was told that Tradesmen does not pay holiday pay.
Per-diem???? I was dispatched to a project in Provo, Utah (76 miles from home) after my first day I questioned management about my per-diem I was told that the project did not pay per-diem! I was informed that I could sit out another 2 weeks until something comes up, so I filed for unemployment and after Tradesmen was contacted by the employment office I received a call " we have work for you" Hmmm??
Check out the Tradesmen website and try to find contact information for corporate.. you wont find any.

Before I would waste my time with the Tradesmen I would look into a company called X3. They pay per-diem, holiday pay and offer $2.00 more per hour!
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
No Perdiem, no Holiday Pay and sitting on the bench waiting for work
Fun employer
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 20, 2016
Tradesmen is an excellent company however the work flow can falter and I experienced to much lost time. The assignments can vary which is favorable if you get bored doing the same thing every day, but again the assignments may not be back to back which isn't conducive to supporting a family.
Temp
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 14, 2016
It's a temp company specifically for individuals with trades.
Pay is based on job placement.
Its temp work with contractors.
Company has locations in multiple areas
Pros
decent wages for most assignments
Cons
temp work
Electrical Apprentice
TDLR ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 12, 2016
It's a good place to work for as long as they have work for you to do. Most job you are put on have decent hours. You do have to watch your tools or they will get stolen.
It was work and what you expect work to be
Brick Mason Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 8, 2016
I like tradesman's there where no problem with them finding me work and they always kept me up to speed on jobs that fit into my description. I did and still do appreciate tradesman's.
Pros
They called to check with me and asked if i where ok with the job and how i was treated
Cons
I didn't know to much about there insurance policies
Fast paperwork processing
Journeyman Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2016
I was able to start work that same week. Fast paperwork processing with Tradesman. Nice company to work for and will work for them again in the future.
Hours are not garenteed
Carpentry Laborer (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHAugust 26, 2016
Tradesman has found some good job sites for me to work at and learn some skills, but after those jobs end they seem to have a hard time finding other jobs to send people to and you could go a week without work before your next job.
Horrible
Concrete (Current Employee) –  MadisonAugust 26, 2016
This is the worst staffing agency i've ever worked for. You can't get ahold of anyone in the office and when you leave a voicemail like they tell you to and then call back 7 hours later they get lippy with you because you want to know why THEY DIDN'T PAY YOU. My advice, stay far away from this company. There are plenty of better agencies to work with that will actually call you back and pay you. And no this isn't the first time the have forgotten to pay me and then ignored me for more then a few days.
Pros
nothing, tradesmen offers nothing that's worth dealing with their HORRIBLE customer service
Cons
No service and sometimes you won't get paid
Good company to work for.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 24, 2016
I did electrical work on the new Kroger grocery store, setting up lighting, light fixtures and wiring as well as panel terminations and troubleshooting systems throughout the store.
It's a job
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 24, 2016
work is as expected,you can choose if you want a job or not but they want to hear Yes,my agent has a lot to learn and is unwilling to
Pros
you worked you got paid
Cons
to many, agent was no good
Very fast paced and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 22, 2016
Great office work life.Clients are great and co workers treat you like family. Great benefits as well. Crazy busy so you need to make sure you can multitask well.
Work with you and your personal life.
HVAC Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 21, 2016
Can find you jobs in the technical field. The company works with you on what you are looking for in the job market. Get paid weekly and starting good salary the people at the company are easy to work with.
Pros
Can find you jobs quick.
Cons
long term
Not so good
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 18, 2016
It was okay at first when I didn't understand whom I was working for.
But now I just like to let the public know this is a temp job. Not a real job! They market themselves as such but not quite so. They work with contractors and are not contractors themselves. Most of the people that work there don't understand the work most people are doing.
Pros
ok place to work as a filler
Cons
bad pay based upon labor
When on an assignment and work is consistent it is good
contractor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2016
I liked when on assignment of jobs the people and co workers was easy to get along with. would still like to be out with even three to four days of work.
This office needs improvement in booking process
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 17, 2016
The company it self is a good place to works.they did not try to place me in my field of work.i,m a industrial electrician.kept putting me in a commerical environment
I would not reccommend this company to anyone
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2016
This is the most ridiculous company in the whole US!! Don't waste your time here. This company is a downer. There are no incentives and very little to no rewards.
Pros
Cons
Commissions
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 11, 2016
I worked with a lot of hard workers. Management was superior. A very neat and clean place. Also, very organized. All Contractors where smart and hard workers
Pros
Contractors
Cons
N/a

2.8