Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

High volume good rewards
Outside sales representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 29, 2015
Pros: Good office environment, decent returns
Cons: low healthcare plans, little guidance
Tradesmen International is a results driven company with a great local office environment. The training here is almost par, but if you are good with people you can succeed. A day normally starts at 6am but can begin earlier depending on the situation. Days end at 5:30pm unless you are the one closing the office.
They try to place you in your field of work
General Laborer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2015
Pros: get expeirence in other fields
Cons: not working all year around
They are quick to get you in the door and get you started with the whole interview process but you might have gaps in work depending on your field. Not a full time job due to work jobs ending and beginning.
High stress, Low pay, No respect
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2015
A company who does not value their employees, and promote hostile working environments.

My position was dependent on a team atmosphere. Daily I interviewed 3-6 people, talked with clients, payroll, job site visits, conduct meetings and follow safety protocols with employees.

Most my position was recruiting, however in the last few months I was the only person in the office after several in house terminations. Thus was 4 different positions on a daily basis.

This is not a company with growth potential, they do not value their employees, they have zero respect for females, and there is no communication.
Looking for more of a career
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Midland, MIMay 13, 2015
Pros: Mandatory OSHA 10
Cons: NOt enough assignments to work
Not enough work available
Hours were few and far between
You work only when assignments available
Majority of the work was only 1 -2 week assignments
welder /fitter
CERTIFIED WELDER (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 12, 2015
As a welder/fitter i preformed all tasks that were associated the tasks set forth with limited supervision. Everyday was set with different challenges that i set as a challenge to improve myself.
Great Job Atmosphere
Construction/Warehouse/General Labor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Jobs, Co-workers, management
Cons: Benefits, Hours
Great jobs with great employees and management
Learned a lot of trades while working for this company
Could have more hours and long term steady jobs
temporary work
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 27, 2015
I've worked at Tradesmen In't for about a year now. They are okay, although they do not have me working as much as I would like. I work about one and a half full work weeks every four or five weeks. The sales reps are fairly nice, although there have been many times I have been promised that work would be coming up only to have it "fall through." Tradesmen is an alright company to work for, especially if you are just starting out in your trade.
Good Company
Foreman (Current Employee), AZMarch 29, 2015
Good communication with the office. Friendly staff. Great benifits with saftey and tool purchace program for the employees.
Not an easy place to advance in
I-9 Auditor/file clerk (Current Employee), Macedonia, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Easy going when you need to miss a day of work
Cons: Just about everything else
I've been with the company for well over a year and was promised full time, I still have not received the benefits. The drama in the departments is childish and most people are lazy.
good
Contract Laborer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
the company is good, the pay is competitive however it is a temp agency so you have to either agree to their insurance or supply you own
applied for employment
equipment operator (Former Employee), king of Prussia, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: sounds promising
Cons: no work as described
Application process done at their office . Was told they needed people with my skill set . that was in November 2014, Present time at March 2015, received two emails from them in December 2014. No word ,no nothing since. Needless to say ,not impressed with them at all.
Productive and experience
Electrician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 23, 2015
Must be on time lateness is unacceptable
Learned more scales installed motors bend pipes in different angles and lighting systems.
Management was unique listens and solves problems
Co-workers friendly
Carrying your tools and materials to 6th floor in a new project without elevator
At the end of the week pay is ready
decent
Tradesman (Current Employee), Holt, MIMarch 18, 2015
job was decent very inconsistent and poor communication skills but when work was available it was great lots of learning always new skills to acquire
Severally uncooperative with employees. Called and emailed everyone I could get information on. Top officials to local time keepers.
Journeyman PF (Former Employee), meridian, MS Geismar, laMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great liars...
Cons: toooo many to list.
Worked as a pipe fitter on two different completely different jobs. First job Meridian, Mississippi after working 3 weeks I still had trouble receiving per diem as well as hourly pay. which made it very hard considering I was working 5 hours away from home. I started making complaints to supervision, so they decided to give me random drug screen. Conveniently, on site they said I was positive and was sent home for a week and never heard anything back. I drove back up there to get my tools and paycheck at that time I was told everything was NEGITIVE from the lab on my drug screen and could return to work. So I did return to duty, I was told I would be paid for the time missed for their mistake. NEVER happened, they blamed performance contractors and gave me a run around impossible to follow. I promised myself NEVER again, but one year later I gave Tradesman another shot at Williams in Louisiana. Well a month into this job my mother got very ill, I was on nights tryn to be there for my MOM and keep my job. Well things turned for the worst and she passed away on 06/08/2014. When I returned to work I was fired for missing time. All supervision and coworkers knew what had happened. No one cared in the entire company. And still once again was shorted all per diem and over 58 hours.
productive and fun work
Industrial/Electrical HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Uniontown, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great learning exp.
Cons: dangerous work enviroments
construction trades,laborer in and on construction sites,learn instalation of construction fields,HVAC,electrical,operation of construction equipment.demolition and rehabilitation.
More concerned with micromanaging the sales force than actual production.
Field Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: exotic annual trip (2 persons), for good producers who generate over a million $$ in sales first year.
Cons: poor management, long hours, bad pay, broken promises.
As a Field Representative you will work long hours and be responsible for procuring clients, and be the point of contact between those clients and the company. You also are responsible for collections and your commission is a small % of the $$ collected by you. High turnover ratio. Out of 10 field Reps hired only two stay with the company.
ITS A TEMP. AGENCY
Carpenter/ Iron Worker (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: learned about steel framing and steel siding and roofing
Cons: still not doing what i applied for, low pay rates, they lied, no communication to the employees from the main office. they're disorganized.
I went through tradesmen intl. hoping to get training to become an electricians apprentice (i applied for that position) but instead, I am doing "grunt work for pennies". They promised a raise after 90 days-nothing yet, health benefits-still waiting.This is a construction job placement agency. half of the people are either inexperienced or straight out of prison.
Hard Work- low pay
Carpenter/ Iron Worker (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: construction work is reliable
Cons: low pay, charge for personal protective equipment, lack of training.
I've been working For them for about 5 months and have not been given a promised raise, health benefits or any applicable training on the career that I applied for.
They ARE a temporary job placement agency for larger construction companies, even though they say they're not.
Execlent
Turbine Tech (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
 Repair , troubleshoot, and replace Gas Turbines and Generators
 Lubricate, repair, and change parts on Axial Flow Compressors and Centrifugal Compressor combustion
 Replaced, and repaired machine parts and attachments according to production specifications Turbine gas & steam
They try to keep you working
Fiber Optic / Data Technician (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: they try to keep you working
Cons: they are not incontrol of how long you are at job
this is a employment agency so must work multiple jobs before you will find a permanent home in a job location. they have many locations so if willing to travel they can get work

1 2 3 4 5

About Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International is the construction industry's leading employer of skilled craftsmen. We're proud to showcase craft professional – Read more

Tradesmen International Salaries

$21.80 per hour
HR Recruiter
$20.00 per hour

Tradesmen International Photos

Under coming repair cargo hold
Under comings repaire