Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International Employer Reviews

steady work
Electrician (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2015
eazy to work for, co-workers responable
employer has good management
Tradesmen International
Recruiter (Current Employee), Urbandale, IAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: learning a lot about job force.
Cons: no bonuses or commission
Was responsible for recruiting construction workers. Put jobs on indeed, career builder, and craigslist. I would always interview the candidates and determine which position would be best for them. Also would take their work experience and find jobs that is best for the abilities. Make sure that employees will always stay busy so they have a steady paycheck.
Lies to obtain employees
Employment Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: ^ see reveiw
Have been mislead about pay and schedules of jobs. For example I took a job under the agreement of working seven days a week 12 hour days. the schedule ended up only being 6 days a week 10 hours a day. When I spoke with other employees i heard similar stories.
Another instance; I was told that I could only recieve such a low pay because the job did not need "lead plumbers", but that is exactly what I was doing. I was reading and interpreting blueprints, excavating with a mini trackhoe and was basically running the crew , ALL of these duties for apprentice pay basically ($16.00/hr)
Flexable
Commercial/Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 16, 2015
This worked well with my continuing education. The work was short term and inconsistent.
journeyman painter
Commercial Painter (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: tool program
Cons: temp. service
they take most of your pay, they charge the company 37.00 per hr. and pay you 16.00 per hr..Also they were always short staff .they said that they only hire journeymen painters, but their were people who could not paint a door. I found myself training people, But not being paid for it, nor did I know ,these were novices.so with not enough men on the jobs and untrained people, this make keeping a schedule and quality very difficult.
Nice people easy to work with .
Plumber/Fitter (Former Employee), sree hotelJanuary 9, 2015
They always try to keep you working ! They try to keep you near your family .
Hire Professional
General Foreman (Current Employee), Omaha,Neb.December 24, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: weather permitting hinders working ( not real stable)
This is a great company to work for as they are professional in getting jobs for you and paying great wages.
Love this work because i know it well
Construction Worker (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 23, 2014
Pros: pay is great
Cons: you have to travel on your own
This company is great. has great per deim. Ive learned a lot at this job. Management is great they don't hound you just expect you to work. Lunch is the great part and getting something accomplished is the greatest part.
rewarding job
CONSTRUCTION LABORER (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 23, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: job ended
i enjoy working in the electrical field ive learned alot of skills of the trade to utilize on the job. i also work as a cnc operator and general machnist.
decent if working
Carpenter (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: decent pay, friendly staff
Cons: unstable work
the office i work for has friendly staff and seem to be genuine. Problem is you never know when you will work or if you will be working at all. Very unstable otherwise would be a good place to work
Tradesmen
Project Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 17, 2014
Pros: money isn't bad
Cons: long hour
Founded in 1992 Tradesmen, is the nations largest Construction Labor Support company. Tradesmen provides its clients professional labor-oriented services including Labor Productivity Consulting, Labor Relations Support, Safety Training and Journeyman Certification Training. Tradesmen has over 100 office throughout the US and Canada that services over 5000 clients and 15000 field employees.
We Got An Order!!!!! Everyone Freak Out!
Recruiter/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHDecember 12, 2014
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: totalitarian atmosphere
You would think the building was on fire when a new order came in. Why? Because we have to replace the last customer we ripped off. Tradesmen is never used by the same company and/or employees. "Burn thru em" is a popular saying.
Also, there are the haves and the have nots. Not being able to speak directly to the owner of the company when you pass him in the hall is demeaning especially for such a small company.
The workers comp mark up is often wrong due to a higher bonus being paid out to the salespersons.
Supports teams
Finish Carpenter (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNNovember 26, 2014
Great service for construction companies to add workers to their teams for short term or long term projects.
a good job that you can conduct duties with others
Sub Contractor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 24, 2014
working with contractors and architect's to do a specified job. love the job but it gets slow when the weather gets cold
Marine Electrician (Former Employee), Bremerton, WANovember 20, 2014
Pros: good work will try to show management that you are needed.
Cons: management will not take care of the employee.
Temporary work for any type of employer. Be cautious on the Management, for they will look out for themselves. Take all of the experience that you can, The benefits did not kick in until 2 months later in my contract, but when I was going to use them, I was already laid off.
Good work environment
Carpenter (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PennsylvaniaNovember 18, 2014
Great company to work for, they find you work if you are laid off and you do not have to worry about much of anything besides showing up and preforming your duties.
Good temporary position.
HVAC/Maintenance (Former Employee), Springfield, MANovember 14, 2014
Pros: job site close to home
Cons: work contract sold after 1.5 weeks to another temp agency.
Routine scheduled building and grounds maintenance and upkeep. Learned how to operate different mowers. Didn't have any co-workers. Hardest part of the job was that the agency I worked for was in Conneticutt and the job site were I was working was in Springfield, MA. It was also very difficult to get the two paychecks for the weeks I worked. The best part of the job was never knowing what to expect to break down.
Dead End - Success tied to Industry not Individual Effort
Field Representative (Former Employee), OhioNovember 13, 2014
Pros: contractor / jobsite visits / co-workers
Cons: corporate direction / support
Quit - had enough. Didn't see it getting any better. Was feed the line about making over $100k - not even close.
Only look if you are great at Sales and have construction knowledge.
They don't put you in your trade
Welder (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 10, 2014
Cons: read review.
I started with tradesmen about 2 weeks ago. My trade is welding. The day after I applied they called me to site for general labor. My initial Reaction to this offer was that they didn't read my resume or listen to me during the interview. The job offered $13/hr. Not enough for me coming from a job where I made 18/hr with overtime. Their excuse was that then needed to see my attendance and work ethic. Needless to say I was % 100 unmotivated to be a laborer that's looked at as a no skilled felon. I'm a veteran with a perfect background that's taken many welding positions to perfect my trade. I stopped being a laborer 2 days in because I felt insulted and have much better opportunities heading my way. I also heard from the other tradesmen employees there that the company I was sent too was threatening to drop tradesmen as a client if they didn't get someone else in. So I was basically the sucker and it had nothing to do with attendance or accountability. If anything I'd like to thank tradesmen for wasting a full tank of gas and my time.
Good place to work and good people.
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 8, 2014
Pros: decent pay and you can accumulate vacation time.
I worked on various jobs for them. They kept me employed and the pay was good. If you like to travel, then you have a job just about anywhere. Good people of all walks of life.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International is the construction industry's leading employer of skilled craftsmen. We're proud to showcase craft professional – Read more

Tradesmen International Photos