Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

A very productive company on the south east part of North Carolina
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Good company to work for and plenty of money to be made.The jos are not hard. Candidates must have a wiling to work and pass a drug screen.
Pros
Fast quick employment
Cons
The wait time to get work
Good Company
Labor Consultant/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2016
They are a very good company to work for. Management is very laid back and easy to work with. Its not hard to move up in the compamy.
Only if you are despirate
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 4, 2016
TOO MUCH TO WRITE ...... jumped around from one company to the next, never know how long you would be employed . I worked for them several different times, I was despirate ! I might have worked three weeks straight at most. Management out of the office I worked so disrespectful. The whole operation was run poorly....Two thumbs down!!
good career
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 1, 2016
Very fun and fufilling job with many advancement opportunities. I enjoyed the fast-paced challange of my job. My co-workers are also fun to work with and make it a delight to come into work everyday.
Good Envirment
Solar Panel Installer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 1, 2016
A very well balanced place to work people are nice and wlil train you correctly. Short Breaks but on a time schedule to get assignment complete. Best part of the job wa sthe paycheck with per Diem but the hardest was just working in the rain probably.
they use you up and spit you out
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 31, 2016
they treat their employers like cattle ! if you are working crazy hours making them money ! all good ! if not !!! all bad !!!!!
Pros
the pay
Cons
backstabbers
Professional & personable Supervisors
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoy working for Tradesmen International
Every day was different & unique
I learned a lot from them new & different construction techniques
Management always hard at it finding work
co-workers pleasant to work with
nothing hard about the job
staff 7 worker safety meetings etc...
Pros
pizza parties, company picnics
Cons
some times a gap between jobs
good
Demolition Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 26, 2016
loved it learn a lot about cooking new foods and moveing at a fast pace and how to prep raw food how to properly clean grill and stoves
Pros
good food
Cons
not alot hours
Good Company
Lead Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 21, 2016
when you finish your assignment you have to wait some days to get another assignment , in this time , I can afford to waste time
Busy place and good people
Construction temp (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 16, 2016
I worked with different areas on the job site and all were cool guys. Days go by fast because there is always something to do.
The pay was worth the work but the travial was not worth the pay.
Carpenter/Helper (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2016
I learned how to work with different people and how to keep myself in a place of contentment even when there was no work. The pay was worth the work but the travial was not worth the pay.
Pros
The pay was worth the work.
Cons
The travial was not worth the pay.
Productive and fun place to work
Pipefitter/welder (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 11, 2016
Great company and great communication. Always checking up on things and putting you in jobs with the right fit. Loved working here. Job just ended and it was a bummer.
Pros
Great work environment
OK company
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJanuary 7, 2016
Not enough work time. Not more to say at this time not long enough with them.
subbed out to electrical contractors in the area.
Pros
OK
Cons
Work isnt steady, bouncing around form company to company
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Never had a problem with the people I work with. Never liked the bouncing around. Even though the money is good its not worth the 30 hour weeks. Also you never knew where you would be the next day
complete BS!!
pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 30, 2015
I worked for Tradesman while being laid off in the winter from my pipeline job. This is nothing more than a numbers game, a very poorly run "temp service" under the guise of hiring and placing people with an actual skill set.
To this day I have never been paid for the work I did do for them. The manager of the office I came out of is a drunk. The payroll clerk is a liar, I was told they didn't receive my time sheet first then later the paycheck was mailed to wrong address then that the check was at the Pittsburgh office.... who really knows?? Its been a year and a half and have never received compensation.
Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from this abomination as you can I ignored similar war stories from others only to end up with one of my own.
Pros
ZERO
Cons
Pick one...plenty to choose from
Lots of Advancement Opportunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 11, 2015
Tradesmen is an excellent company to work for. The problem many people face who work for Tradesmen is that many offices are allowed to be self-directed, which in many cases is a great thing and sometimes can be a negative thing.

There is a lot of opportunity at Tradesmen. One of my first field employee hires has been hired as a rep with another office, and from what I understand he is doing great. Personally, I started out as a recruiter and then became a project coordinator, followed by a general manager within the first year.

What I'm saying is that if you are a skilled, qualified individual with a good support system around you, and you are willing to put in the time, you can have a great career at Tradesmen.
Pros
80/20 health plan
Safety
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2015
I enjoy working and being part of a great team. Everyone worked together to get the job done safely, where each person can go home to their family.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
N/A
fun people to work
journeyman electrician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2015
I would not recommend this company to anyone. They offer you a lot of things, like over time and never happen. The said is a full time company , not temp agency. Thats is completely a lie . The don't care about you , you are a number.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
laid off for long periods.
Worst company ever!!I
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 2, 2015
I worked with this company for only a weeks time,and there was so much bad work and drama in such a short period of time. To start off,I was told id get plenty of overtime and that was a complete lie. I got on the job and at 3:30 i was told to leave because thry wont pay overtime. Not cool at all. I left a good job because they offered me better,and didnt stick to their word. They tried not paying me my check,saying that I didnt work. I had to send in my hours twice because they claimed to never have received it,which took another week for its arrival. They never answer their phone,or call back. I wouldnt recommend anyone to work for this worthless company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company was a con..
Sales Rep Position
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2015
They pay a base of 30K and promise you can make lots in commissions, however after figuring out the math it's extremely hard to make decent money. There are so many obstacles to make money at this job plus the location I was at had extreme turn over. Three GM's in six months, 8 sales reps in six months it was a revolving door.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
Pay, Ability to make commissions, Management, etc