Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

great work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 20, 2017
a typical day at tradesmen was very productive I learned how to do my job even better with the support of staff the best part of my job was getting to experience new places
Decent co workers
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 20, 2017
Good co*workers easily able to co work with other companies on job sites good compensation for traveling work. Plenty of hours to work. Made sure to accommodate people traveling
Good Company
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA 22030June 19, 2017
Great for traveling. Different companies allow you to work on a variety of different projects. This company pays weekly, the staff is friendly, and they are understanding of family emergencies.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No comment
No work
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2017
They give you all these promises for work, but nothing happens. I work 1 job for a few days and another job for a week. I have not worked for them in months, eventhough they said they have steady work. They wasted my time and lied! What's the point?
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
No work
Tradesmen International as a work place
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 18, 2017
As an Employee at Tradesmen Int. I have learned many things with ease due to the leadership quality they offer on and off the job sites. They value work ethic and the willingness to take on challenges
Productive work force to build future.
General Laborer/ Plumbers Helper (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 18, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working for Tradesmen International, I learned so much throughout my time especially on the jobs that I work as a Plumbers Helper. I also enjoyed Demolition, and carpentry, I love to work a job that to me doesn't feel like I am working it almost felt like i was doing something Natural.
Pros
Great Job Opportunities, Full and overtime Hours
Nice place to work!
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 16, 2017
One of the better temporary companies I've had the pleasure of working for. A typical day varied, depending on the assignment. Sometimes it would be a little challenging getting to an assignment but once in place I was fine.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Healthcare
Tradesmen isnt bad
Journeyman Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 16, 2017
Tradesmen is a fair place to get a job. It's always something new every job and that's always nice. The management seems a bit airheaded at times but willing to help you secure a job after each contract.
fun place to work
Project Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 15, 2017
I was responsible for full cycle recruiting, managing 7 sales reps, face to face interviews, phone screens, dispatching new employees to assignments and conducting daily meetings.
very helpful
Electrician, Electricians (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 13, 2017
lincoln ne office is great to work for ,they run any jobs that come up by me to see if i would be interested..................................................
learned a lot more at tradesmen international
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 12, 2017
was able to pick up more skills, become a supervisor, and the travel part was always fun, i been working with them for more then 3 years and the have not done me wrong yet
Productive and fun work environment.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2017
Great place to work! Challenging and thrilling. Out in the field. Great team culture. Salary with commissions. Helping people find work and helping business owners. iPads, iphones, and car allowance! Company is growing and improving
Pros
Too many to list.
Cons
Pay starts off fairly slow.
Great for someone without a family
Welder (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 10, 2017
Tradesmen is a great place to work for and will compensate you accordingly. But for someone like myself with children and the activities that come with them the travel is just to much. I found myself driving further and further for good work.
Pros
Flexible work schedule great pay
Cons
Too much travel
Field sales rep...chained to the office
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2017
30k base with promises of decent commission structure that is unlikely to ever pan out.

Commissions paid based on A/R monies paid in a timely fashion. Any account generating a large enough commission to matter will not pay their staffing bills within the time allotted for you to receive your full commission. This cuts your money by a large percentage and will simply go to Tradesmen. Clearly, this is by design.

Additionally, you will be hired as a field rep but you will be CHAINED to the office with constant ops meetings and doing the job of a recruiter...even if your territory is over an hour from the office. Incidentally, these 2 hour "meetings" could be conference calls that would take 10 minutes...the whole process is completely irrational. A completely unnecessary time sink.

Also, while you are promised a protected territory...think again. Land a large client...in swoops major accounts. Land a new client...in swoops local management to take over as their point of contact. Cold call a job site...prepare to have your manager escort another field rep to the SAME site in your "territory" during that same week. I wish I were kidding.

The social club atmosphere and co-workers are awesome. If you are happy hanging out in the office while making your base pay while "meeting" and being a recruiter...this is the job for you. Sales professionals....run.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, social club office environment
Cons
Everything else
Na
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 8, 2017
Good place to work if you love the road life. Meeting new companys . never have to see the same co workers after your done with the work. they have benfits
I love my job
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 4, 2017
We start most jobs at 7am in the morning and have lunch around 11am and then no later than 6pm and sometimes even work Saturday and Sunday and the weekends are time in a half
This is a temp angency
Construction Worker/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 2, 2017
They provide me with work, however, when the job was complete, I was out of work. they tried to string me along and I just could not wait around while they tried to find work.
Failed to Provide Sufficient Work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2017
As an apprentice painter moving into the journeymen stage, Tradesmen International could not keep me busy. I had one solid gig that lasted a few weeks, but other than that I had very sporadic work through months I worked for the company. If they had been able to provide consistent work, I would have stayed with the company and enjoyed it.
Pros
Good pay, autonomy, great managment
Cons
Inability to keep one consistently busy
An Okay Starter Agency
Combination Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
This is an okay agency to work with if you're looking to start work in various industries. They say they aren't a temp agency, but they are. They are not prompt at returning phone calls, nor are they prompt at updating their job postings. Their time-keeping is ancient, and it seems as though they prefer a certain race of workers over others. This is not a company to look to for a career.
Pros
when looking for a quick job
Cons
not for stability or career
Different jobs all the time
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 30, 2017
The pay was always lower than expected,because of how the pay scale foes for the recruiters, the jobs didn't last very long,and I rarely got a straight answer from anyone. Sometimes when the job I was on was complete,they had no other job to go to.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes there were no jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8