Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

very productive company, good office personnel.
Journeymen Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 29, 2017
I've been with tradesman in Wichita, Kansas as well as Kansas City, Kansas since 2008, It's been a great company to teach different trades in the construction field to help better a persons experience and knowledge.
not a good company
Laborer in electrical, HVAC (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 28, 2017
they don't care if you have a problem with the job they wont help you get a job you want to get into. they also will lie about jobs that they send you out to and argue with you when you call and say something about the job to them
pleasant workers & management.Friendly, family-oriented
HVAC Installer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2017
Pleasant work environment.Friendly, family-oriented. Jobs available are text to my phone.I accept.Information is sent.I report to job site until complete.
Pros
agents look for work available
Cons
may not be work available after previous job complete
not consistant
B2B Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2017
All offices across the country make their own rules and do business differently, making it hard to fill jobs in other areas. Commission is low and goes down if customers take more than 30 days to pay
Pros
Freedom to get job done and sell
Cons
private company that needs better standards and guidelines
No work
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2017
I have not been working. They haven't called me.i have been waiting for awhile no call for work. This sucks .so maybe you should apply somewhere else. No work here.
Enjoyable day
Electrician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 27, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is in the electrical trade you learn something new everyday. things you may have thought you might have mastered years ago those things constantly change and update.
Somewhat good experience
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 27, 2017
Friendly staff and outgoing people. Temp agency like. Great for anyone looking for temp job. It's just that there are no work weeks and as a responsible person I need the hours.
Up and down working non stop and spotty.
Plumber (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 26, 2017
Overall this is a company who seems to care about productivity and the safety of its employees. During the long term its not secure enough for men in the field.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Travel, using own vehicle, sometimes no work for an individual
Not the greatest
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2017
this staff agency in Miami, FL does not value there employees, the have workers preference, at some point they were even charging employees money for them to start working fater while others sit around waiting for work that never comes because workers are buying there way in onto work opportunity leaving none for the others.
Pros
The work can be interesting and coworkers are apt to teach or help others when needed.
Commercial Construction Electrician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 23, 2017
The typical day is showing up at work sites and taking on tasks to be completed, either individually or as part of a crew.

I've learned about routing feeders and wiring networks for powering lighting, receptacles through walls, junction boxes, trough, electrical panels from electrical service. I've learned how to mount and wire boxes, fixtures and other devices to building structure.

Considering the NEC for code requirements during installation is part of the daily work while making sure that everything is proper bonded and grounded.

Safety is a big part of the culture while working around electricians and other tradesmen on every job site. Tasks usually overlap and are generally not well coordinated or in sequenced which affects productivity.

Seeing the final results at the end of the project can be satisfying although there is typically rework following inspections and wrapping things up can involve a lot of tedious repair.
Pros
Variety of work assignments, clients and working with more experienced tradesmen
Cons
Gaps between assignments and short duration assignments
Unethical work practices and untruthful
Worker (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 22, 2017
I was told about a position that I never received instead they place me on a job I had to travel to different sites every week. Most weeks I only worked one two three days and some weeks none. Tradesmen pulled me off of a work site and left their customer in a jam because the job could not be done with a two man crew.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
fun workplace
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2017
I like it because they got plenty work for anyone that want to work and u gone make your money and its alot of smiling faces with people that got a good sense of human
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaking
Great company
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 20, 2017
I love Tradesmen. They have taken great care of me while I've been under their employ. I get raises based upon my performance. I started at $16 and hour and am now making $26. Benifits after 1800 hours worked. Monthyly bbq's. Great staff.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
May take a few days to get you to a long term site, No positions past lead unless you transfer to office staff.
Not enough hours
Roofer/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 20, 2017
I needed more hours. I wish more work would have been available and hours where more consistent. I liked the direct deposit and texting in my timecard.
worked for short time
Apprentice/Helper (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMarch 19, 2017
worked for a couple weeks ended up getting very sick and worked work a shift for the company they placed me with. never got replaced and never herd form them again
Pros
quick placement
Cons
bad comunication
Poor Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2017
Sorry, Nothing to say. I was not rewarded for many accomplishments for my hard work when bringing new accounts. Management had its favoritism to certain people.
typical shipyard work
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIMarch 16, 2017
, recruiters are hard to reach at times .tradesmen seems to penalize you for being a good employee, After working for them for a year my reward was a $3 an hour pay cut
Alright place to work
Carpenters Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 16, 2017
Typical work day consist of start time 7:00 and leave at 3:30. I learned by hands on and asking question to people that know what they are doing and have more experience. The general contractors on certain sites are good some are bad. Hardest part of the job is having to do someone else's work that doesn't do anything all day or that doesn't want to work. Most enjoyable part is doing what u love to do which in my case is carpentry. The people at the office that get u the work are great also.
Pros
Great work, Good job sites, and great people that work in the office
Cons
There isnt always consistant work. Cant get enough hours to get benefits.
Great place for Temporary Assignments
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Anniston Army Depot, ALMarch 15, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone needing a great temporary local job. I started as a regular employee and they paid for my Osha 10 training and also paid for my Heavy Equipment Operator license.
Pros
Money
Cons
Temporary
Getting back to the Line
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2017
Working as a contract Lineman was great, I was able to get out in the field again, train current company Linemen, teach linemen how to splice fiber and become very proficient splicing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8