Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International Employer Reviews

We Got An Order!!!!! Everyone Freak Out!
Recruiter/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHDecember 12, 2014
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: totalitarian atmosphere
You would think the building was on fire when a new order came in. Why? Because we have to replace the last customer we ripped off. Tradesmen is never used by the same company and/or employees. "Burn thru em" is a popular saying.
Also, there are the haves and the have nots. Not being able to speak directly to the owner of the company when you pass him – more... in the hall is demeaning especially for such a small company.
The workers comp mark up is often wrong due to a higher bonus being paid out to the salespersons. – less
Supports teams
Finish Carpenter (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNNovember 26, 2014
Great service for construction companies to add workers to their teams for short term or long term projects.
a good job that you can conduct duties with others
Sub Contractor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 24, 2014
working with contractors and architect's to do a specified job. love the job but it gets slow when the weather gets cold
Marine Electrician (Former Employee), Bremerton, WANovember 20, 2014
Pros: good work will try to show management that you are needed.
Cons: management will not take care of the employee.
Temporary work for any type of employer. Be cautious on the Management, for they will look out for themselves. Take all of the experience that you can, The benefits did not kick in until 2 months later in my contract, but when I was going to use them, I was already laid off.
Good work environment
Carpenter (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PennsylvaniaNovember 18, 2014
Great company to work for, they find you work if you are laid off and you do not have to worry about much of anything besides showing up and preforming your duties.
Good temporary position.
HVAC/Maintenance (Former Employee), Springfield, MANovember 14, 2014
Pros: job site close to home
Cons: work contract sold after 1.5 weeks to another temp agency.
Routine scheduled building and grounds maintenance and upkeep. Learned how to operate different mowers. Didn't have any co-workers. Hardest part of the job was that the agency I worked for was in Conneticutt and the job site were I was working was in Springfield, MA. It was also very difficult to get the two paychecks for the weeks I worked. The best – more... part of the job was never knowing what to expect to break down. – less
Dead End - Success tied to Industry not Individual Effort
Field Representative (Former Employee), OhioNovember 13, 2014
Pros: contractor / jobsite visits / co-workers
Cons: corporate direction / support
Quit - had enough. Didn't see it getting any better. Was feed the line about making over $100k - not even close.
Only look if you are great at Sales and have construction knowledge.
Construction Laborer/Carpenter Helper (Former Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 11, 2014
Very productive fun atmosphere to work in. The vibe and people there really care about you.
They don't put you in your trade
Welder (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 10, 2014
Cons: read review.
I started with tradesmen about 2 weeks ago. My trade is welding. The day after I applied they called me to site for general labor. My initial Reaction to this offer was that they didn't read my resume or listen to me during the interview. The job offered $13/hr. Not enough for me coming from a job where I made 18/hr with overtime. Their excuse was that – more... then needed to see my attendance and work ethic. Needless to say I was % 100 unmotivated to be a laborer that's looked at as a no skilled felon. I'm a veteran with a perfect background that's taken many welding positions to perfect my trade. I stopped being a laborer 2 days in because I felt insulted and have much better opportunities heading my way. I also heard from the other tradesmen employees there that the company I was sent too was threatening to drop tradesmen as a client if they didn't get someone else in. So I was basically the sucker and it had nothing to do with attendance or accountability. If anything I'd like to thank tradesmen for wasting a full tank of gas and my time. – less
Good place to work and good people.
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 8, 2014
Pros: decent pay and you can accumulate vacation time.
I worked on various jobs for them. They kept me employed and the pay was good. If you like to travel, then you have a job just about anywhere. Good people of all walks of life.
Great working with other people
Gen.laborer (Former Employee), Neenah, WINovember 5, 2014
Pros: rain days
Cons: short breaks
Typical day is driving long distance to work site. Co workers were always good to work with, the best part of the day is the drive home.
Waste of time
Welder (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: none that i'm aware of
Cons: enormous waste of time and energy!
After spending 2 hours in their office filling out their application, they send me to a company to weld test/interview. When I get there, nobody knows who I am or that I was coming. After waiting 30 minutes, they take me back and I spend 2 hours taking their weld test. They loved my welds! Enough to offer me $3.50/hr less than I'm currently making. – more... This is after the project coordinator at my local Tradesman office assured me that he wouldn't waste my time with anything less than what I was looking to make. Awful experience, I'm not to inclined to work with them again. – less
try their hardest to give everyone work
Superintendent (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 28, 2014
They try to keep every one busy but work slows down in the winter and I had to file unemployment for almost 5 months. A lot of the jobs they offered were a way low pay grade then I deserved.
productive work place always ahead of schedule
Electrician Mechanic (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Temp agency wasn't permanent, not enough work, but did enjoy when the company when the called
its ok
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
equipment operator work is great when there is any spent most of my time laid off waiting for a phone call.
a great place to work temporary
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: its temporary
A temporary co that can send you anywhere to work in many different environments.So it was according to the job placement to what was instore electrically and mechanically.Being multi crafted is what i have learned and excelled in with this co.
welder
Construction Welder (Current Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 7, 2014
To obtain a position in a dynamic and growing company. This will utilize my skills and driven success to attain targets to the advancement of this company.

• Experience in Preventive and Predictive Maintenance
• Exceptional knowledge of welding tools and welding codes.
• Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, fabrication, and welding.
• Uncommon ability – more... to read, write and accurately follow oral, written, and graphic instructions (ex. blueprints)
• Weld metal parts or components together, using brazing, gas, or arc welding equipment
• Experience in MIG, TIG, Aluminum, A-36 Steel, Domex Steel, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Cutting Torch, Plasma Cut, Band saw, Pipe fitting,
• Certified 1G (flat position), 2G (horizontal position), 3G (vertical position), & 4G (overhead position)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Access
• Developed ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere
• Work Independently
• Experienced in working as a team player to accomplish specific goals
Hands on experience in lab settings – less
Fun place to work
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: local
Cons: short break or no lunch
Able to be apart of alot of new construction in Arkansas. Assisted with constructing a water dam on outskirts of Little Rock
overall horrible employer
Apprentice Electrician II (Current Employee), Urbandale, IowaSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: they hand out unemployment like its their sole purpose of being a company
Cons: see the entire review below.
work here if you're interested in: low pay (currently paid same rate as a laborer and i'm a 2nd year apprentice), unreliable work if they don't feel like putting in the effort to find you a job, a 2-3 month process to get a raise with no compensation unless you threaten to quit, a boss that you can call for literally 2 weeks once a day and never receive – more... a call back, and an overall lack of respect towards you. The plus side is that when you call frustrated to management (and they actually answer for once) they will give you a run around and smooth talk you into thinking that they treat you like a king. All of this is topped off with a contract restricting the employer from hiring you to their company. – less
overall good people and good work for a temp agency
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), Loveland, COSeptember 23, 2014
jobs everywhere but get laid off because its a temp agency. lots of electrical work if you are willing to travel

1 2 3 4 5

About Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International is the construction industry's leading employer of skilled craftsmen. We're proud to showcase craft professional – Read more

Tradesmen International Photos