Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

Unethical company out of the Holland, OH location
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMarch 11, 2017
I have worked for them for a few jobs, when I got laid off and they were not providing any more jobs; I applied for unemployment. They told Unemployment that I have refused jobs in order not to pay the unemployment, even though that's one of the main things they promote to employers and employees. Will not work for them again, and will not refer anyone to the Holland, OH location....EVER!
Pros
Good job if you don't want to work a lot.
Cons
Unethical company.
Alright place to work
Carpenters Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 16, 2017
Typical work day consist of start time 7:00 and leave at 3:30. I learned by hands on and asking question to people that know what they are doing and have more experience. The general contractors on certain sites are good some are bad. Hardest part of the job is having to do someone else's work that doesn't do anything all day or that doesn't want to work. Most enjoyable part is doing what u love to do which in my case is carpentry. The people at the office that get u the work are great also.
Pros
Great work, Good job sites, and great people that work in the office
Cons
There isnt always consistant work. Cant get enough hours to get benefits.
If you're willing to be a laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Throop paFebruary 13, 2017
They hire pretty much anyone every employee I've met is unhappy about pay being lied to about your wage till you get your stub and see for yourself they do hire guys with skills but often they make them labors the benefit program sounds good at first glance but after reading that you have to work something like 1800 hours before you can get them you can't raise a family working for them when 1 job ends it could be weeks before they get u another this add is misleading in every way possible
Pros
Work could be steady
Cons
Bad pay office mangers lie skilled tradesmen will be pushing brooms
Productive and always doing my job at a fast pace, Wont disappoint anyone and always on the top of my crew
Solar Panel Installer (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 13, 2017
hot day at work
ive learned not to give up around my peers even though it can get challenging at times.
The management was to see if everybody is doing there job correctly and is on task.
The hardest part about the the job is working in hot/cold weather conditions.
What i enjoyed about the job is being around ;positive people
good back up plan
PHOTOVOLTAIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 25, 2017
company not bad to work for but there are long periods of unemployment in between job posts. You basically have to find the job yourself and push for it. also they don't always reward you for hard work I came back to their company after being laid off - came back with more experience and my OSHA 30 and they dropped my pay!!!!! not my first choice for employment but will stay in good standing with the company as a back up.
pay rate was acceptable
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 30, 2016
Some days were better than others. I was doing a commercial solar job for a contractor who was completely unappreciative for the hard work that I delivered. Communication was poor with management and promises were made that were not delivered. Communication with the treasury was also very poor where calls were made with no reply. I felt as if working for a temp agency meant you were guaranteed the least desired position in whatever work was being done or should I say the most difficult.
Pros
free lunch once a week, paid for lunch if you stay the whole day, overtime
Cons
poor communication, promises not delievered, your a number
Perfect for people who want to work.
Carpenter's Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 27, 2016
Got the job the day I went in for the interview, the project coordinator Evan is a real cool dude you can tell the guy tries his best to work with you and get you some stability. Unfortunately for me personally it was not an everyday full-time job which is what I needed because of what I had going on personally, but if you don't mind work and commitment, you will learn and make a lot of money while doing so with Tradesmen.
Pros
Wage, opportunity to learn a lot, management
Cons
Job consistency
work place was filthy and PPE didn't fit correctly
Welder/fitter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 21, 2016
when I complained about equipment not fitting, they just kinda blow me off. Basicly I was forced to quit. I was being exposed to dangerous chemicals. I left because i didn't feel safe. If a company tells me not to buy my own safety equipment, then i expect their equipment should be good. I feel like I should have bought my own equipment. at least then i would know its good.
Pros
they pay per dem
Cons
it seems like no one is on the same page when i talk to them. Everytime its a different storey.
A typical work day.
Construction Worker/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 9, 2017
A typical day working at Tradesmen International is getting to the job location and finding out the task at hand. Once I found out my task I execute them to the best of my ability using the construction knowledge, and customer servicers tools I've learned over the years.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Work can become inconsistent at times
Great company
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 20, 2017
I love Tradesmen. They have taken great care of me while I've been under their employ. I get raises based upon my performance. I started at $16 and hour and am now making $26. Benifits after 1800 hours worked. Monthyly bbq's. Great staff.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
May take a few days to get you to a long term site, No positions past lead unless you transfer to office staff.

Want to know more about Tradesmen International?

Ask a question
Unethical work practices and untruthful
Worker (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 22, 2017
I was told about a position that I never received instead they place me on a job I had to travel to different sites every week. Most weeks I only worked one two three days and some weeks none. Tradesmen pulled me off of a work site and left their customer in a jam because the job could not be done with a two man crew.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Its a fun workplace where you work with Solar Panels.
Administrative Assistant/Wire Management (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company, because it gave me an opportunity to be able to work for the Solar Company. I enjoyed my co-workers assisting with Wire Management, Arraying, and also working in tbe Source Wiring department.
Pros
Making good money, advancement
Cons
working in the cold, or heat, but will work in both.
Horrible place to work with liars
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIDecember 1, 2016
Lied about my pay told me I was starting at $17-$18 an hour and first paycheck it was $13, finished a job told them when it was ending and was played off for over a week, was told to go to st. louis (8hours away) and would be reimbursed for gas and hotel get there pay for hotel told us they don't need us and we aren't being reimbursed, went to the next job and then was laid off for over 2 weeks. This is a HORRIBLE COMPANY to work for
Pros
NONE
Cons
Employees lieing
Highly Professional
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALJanuary 27, 2017
I have worked with quite a few other trades companies over the years but none could come close to the great professionalism as Tradesmen International. They care about their employees, they will work hard to get you working again as soon as your previous job has completed. Great company
Pros
wages/ management / keep you working
Not the greatest
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2017
this staff agency in Miami, FL does not value there employees, the have workers preference, at some point they were even charging employees money for them to start working fater while others sit around waiting for work that never comes because workers are buying there way in onto work opportunity leaving none for the others.
Pros
Very old fashioned and uptight
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 12, 2017
Open the office. Review resumes.Go through my hiring interviews. Hire people. Run orientation. Call employees for new jobs. Work with salespeople to make sure their jobs were filled and running smoothly. Counseling and firing of some people.
Pros
Pretty good people to work with.
Cons
Very long hours. Way too much redundant paperwork.
Productive, great people to work for, many positive challenges.
IT Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHNovember 24, 2016
Leading multiple projects, handling IT support issues, and developing applications in a relational database environment. Co-workers are wonderful people to work with and it's a good team atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of the job was performing multiple duties including: project management, developing, user support, and also building PC hardware.
Pros
Company Christmas parties, CEO gatherings
Cons
tradesmen in nh was better than colorado
plumber (Former Employee) –  9400 ralston rd arvada coJanuary 9, 2017
In nh you have to be going to school to work as a plumber. There are many uneducated people who have never looked at a code book who couldnt even tell you vent to trap distances or how many fixtures you can circuit vent or even simple things like clear space in front of 6" and below clean outs and 8" and above.
Pros
great pay
Cons
bad people
They always had work for me and different types of jobs
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 3, 2017
I didn't think much of their insurance coverage... You had to be there for at least 6 months in order to get the insurance package that would coverage anything. I had troubles with receiving my first pay check and the overtime.
Pros
Different jobs, constant work, lots of hours
Cons
Insurance coverage, benefits
All and all was not a very good experience.
Apprentice electrician (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WA 98337November 15, 2016
The management is pretty nice and spoke up for me. There was no typical day at work, my job varied and so did my pay. I didn't feel like I had much job security. Some weeks I would work 2 days but be told I had work for 3 weeks or more. Some coworkers were nice and some were very rude. Hardest part of the job was the commute. Most enjoyable parts were when I would get actual electrician jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8