Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

no work
Commercial Plumber (Former Employee) –  onatario, ohioMay 1, 2017
There was no work... I would call in day after day and there would still be no work. When I did have a job to go to I was not able to due to it being cancelled. There was a posting how ever in Oklahoma. no work=no money
Good people, Good work, Good food, Good fun. Great Place
Fabricator/Welder (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 1, 2017
The people that work for this company are patient and understanding to there employee's. They are like family and friends. The work they have is great.
Great company
Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2017
Great workplace. Great environment to work in all the way around. Management all the way down to co workers. Learning on the job as well as learning new ways to do things all the time
Guaranteed 40 hours, but not always in your field
Carpenter Apprentice/ laborer (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for Tradesmen overall. The best was when I could work in my field. I didn't like having to work at factories as a laborer to get my 40hrs/week in. I felt I wasn't learning any new skills and got bored with factory work (redundancy)
Pros
40 hr/wk
Cons
Not always in your preferred field
It was okay
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 26, 2017
The work was fun and rewarding. They kept me busy with steady work. No room for advancement. The management in Fort Collins needed to be improved. They are unprofessional.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No advancement
Great place to work at
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAApril 26, 2017
Tradesmen is an awesome place to work, whether you're in the office or in the field. I feel like tradesmen takes care of it's employees. I would definitely work there again given the opportunity,
Good job
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 26, 2017
A good company cares about employees and will work with you to find jobs to best suit you. Management is there for you and understanding always seem to have work
Pros
Job choices
Cons
Last minute info
cold hot
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 26, 2017
I day at work sometimes it can be a good day or a ok day. the hardest thing about working outside is using them bathrooms. its nasty. when it be cold out its worst
A staffing company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAApril 25, 2017
do not be fooled by their statements, Tradesmen is a construction staffing company. They claim to be a full time employer but ask yourself if you really believe this.
Pros
American Company
Cons
Not flexible
Ok workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 25, 2017
Work hard play hard, but no flexibility in schedule. 5am to 6pm for sales reps, 8-5 for any other position. Stuck in the old days where working from home is frowned upon.
Inconsistent management
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 24, 2017
It was a decent place to work with exception that there was a new manager every quarter. There is an extremely high turn over rate country wide. Sales people are very aggressive towards other offices especially project coordinators who work directly with the sales team to fill orders.
Pros
You can make money, you can learn a lot about the construction industry
Cons
Not consistant
A Contract Sourcing Company
Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 23, 2017
This company was a contracting company that hired temporary employees. They were easy to deal with and made an effort to keep you "in the loop" when it came to possible positions.
Pros
Easy to deal with
Cons
Temporary jobs
Productive place
Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 21, 2017
I like them cause they go out the way to find u some work. And everyone or nice. They make sure that you are in a safe place to work in. And they will help you to get your osah 10
Good work place
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed working here . It was hard labor work for the most part. But I do enjoy doing things like that. I did learn some knew things I didn't know before from experienced men who have been in the field a long time
Great Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 20, 2017
Great company with great benefits.
Good day to day job responsibilities.
Great training Program in Ohio.
Room for advancement.
Fair company policies..
its a great start to learn trades
Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 19, 2017
great starting point to grow and to really make a name for yourself......... started as a general labor aid
now im a Carpenter apprentice..............
Used car salesmen buyer beware
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Throop, PAApril 19, 2017
This is the type of job that will make u work hard for the clients they send you to,hoping the client we hire you reasons being lack of communication with employees,being lied to about jobs and rates of pay,a job ends and you could sit and wait weeks or months waiting to go back to work.The benefits they offer are a joke,1800 hrs of work before you're even eligible.Everything they say in the description is false,it sounds like a real job but it's not. The management is like dealing with used car salesman buyer beware,that never in their lives have worked construction.You cant raise a family working there,they don't care for employees they will hire anyone.There is absolutely no career advancement unless you get hired by one of their clients.All they seem to care about is hiring hiring hiring to fill their own pockets.The office is bringing in money no matter what,why you sit and starve waiting for work,as you browse want adds seeing tradesmen are hiring but they don't have work for you.Use this company as a stepping stone as I did for career advancement.Maybe not all their offices are bad but Throop PA was a stressful miserable experience,that ppl need to know about.
Pros
Good pay but long drives to work
Cons
Read my review every aspect was a con
skillful job with work missing
Skilled Laborer (Current Employee) –  travelApril 19, 2017
this job is alright, great if you dont know what you want in life.
as a career it is horrible. you could be working one week for only 3 days and then nothing the next week.
compensation sucks.
Pros
learn a lot of skills
Cons
just about everything else
Good place to start to get into the construction field
Job Site Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 16, 2017
I have had a good experience here they keep me busy and are very flexible. Its nice to be able to work different jobs during the year. Wonderfull HR lady.
Pros
flexibility, varying work
Cons
can get slow, some jobs far away
Learning all the time
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 11, 2017
Was able to learn much. My only complaint is, the amount of driving I had to do. 20-40 hours week driving and the cost of gasoline every week $100+ to and from job sights that came out of my own pocket. Made my hourly wage about half of what it actually was. Winter time was more or less without work at all.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Cost of gasoline, unpaid hours driving, wear and tear on vehicle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8