Tradesmen International Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company
Labor Consultant/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2016
They are a very good company to work for. Management is very laid back and easy to work with. Its not hard to move up in the compamy.
Sales Rep Position
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2015
They pay a base of 30K and promise you can make lots in commissions, however after figuring out the math it's extremely hard to make decent money. There are so many obstacles to make money at this job plus the location I was at had extreme turn over. Three GM's in six months, 8 sales reps in six months it was a revolving door.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
Pay, Ability to make commissions, Management, etc
AS temp service, one of the better ones I experienced
Hampton, Va Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval ShipyardMay 21, 2016
Although was a short period, I found Tradesmen personnel both professional and caring to keep people working. The sequester which despite all reports, has not gone away. IT simply changes addresses throughout the shipbuilding and repair industry here in Tidawater
Pros
Adequate compensation
Cons
Sequester effects job openings
Great experience.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Holt, MIFebruary 8, 2016
Great company to work for, awesome benifits, great supervisors and co-workers. It was the ideal schdule for me, working monday thru friday 8 to 4.
Blood, sweet, and tears
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMarch 19, 2016
As a roofer, most of my time spent was at a thirty degree angle, two stories high, on a hot summer day ripping off and nailing loads of shingles. Even though I was exhausted every day, working side by side with a team made it wroth it at the end of the day. Also, roofing feels very productive and important. If the roof was not 100% sealed, the water damage can cause thousands of building repairs. I learned most out of this job is to stay in school.
good career
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 1, 2016
Very fun and fufilling job with many advancement opportunities. I enjoyed the fast-paced challange of my job. My co-workers are also fun to work with and make it a delight to come into work everyday.
Great pay, but not enough work.
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 15, 2016
This is a great company to get your foot into the door. I was hired and put onto a job immediately which was great, but the work is not steady. You don't know whether you will be on the job or sitting on your couch from day to day. I need more stability than that, and a company/crew that I can grow in to.
Much better than working "FOR" a contractor
Journeyman electrician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2015
After choosing to exercise my rights and terminate my contract with the electrical union. I tried working "FOR" several nonunion electrical contractors.
With the union I was a number. With the non-union shops a corporate slave.
I have worked with tradesmen international for over 10 years.
The pay with tradesmen international is better than the nonunion shops. It was much more interesting and I had a lot more freedom.
I found that many contractors treat people like they own them. And talk down to their employees.
With tradesmen international, I was treated with much more respect and like a human being.
I'm very happy to see that lots of people now currently have the choice of many, many different staffing agencies that give people more freedom to work for themselves.

Tradesmen international is not a temp agency. They offer permanent employment to people who want to work for themselves, and would rather choose freedom and dignity, over benefits & a company uniform.
Pros
Work for yourself
Not a great place to work
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2015
My company experience started out great! People at the office I was at got a long great and helped each other out. As far as management goes... not so much. Place was very unorganized, the way to go about your day changed almost daily! Management was not very supportive and felt that the way to motivate a representative was to talk down to them or threaten their job.
Pros
Beer at meetings
Cons
A lot of them
Sit at the house waiting on a call and ignored mine
Lineman/operator (Former Employee) –  KyApril 29, 2016
Pros-nice supervisor,high hopes,excellent pay
Cons- Everything,to some up a long story...
Won't even answer my phone calls or return them after being told "I have exactly the skills they need,tons of work,and awesome pay"
Matter of fact,one of em changed his number.
Place is a joke.
Cons
Very productive and a new experience for me and atmosphere.
Rodbuster (Former Employee) –  Goodyear plantOctober 8, 2015
Wonderful work place with deeply concern management. And how you personally grow and learn different positions. To be a worldwide company, I am amaze how a opportunity like that can really open up doors. The best part of the job was working with different ethic groups. Communicating, with them by language and hands on skills. The job involved variety of tasks. But that wasn't no problem, it puts you to the test. Overall, shows me I can deal with different challenges.
Pros
Social time
Cons
short breaks
responsible but fun worker /safety awareness
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 29, 2016
typical day at work punctual , safe complete tasks with proficiency.
The first one to arrive and the last one to leave.
Do what is asked of me to do for the day, and upon completing the task i find the time to help others so the day can be completed at the same time.
Nothing last forever
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 19, 2016
I had the experience of being assigned to maintenance in a diaper plant. Really neat machinery to repair and great group of guys to work with. However when the jobs are up you wait to long for something else good.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no security
Worst company ever!!I
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 2, 2015
I worked with this company for only a weeks time,and there was so much bad work and drama in such a short period of time. To start off,I was told id get plenty of overtime and that was a complete lie. I got on the job and at 3:30 i was told to leave because thry wont pay overtime. Not cool at all. I left a good job because they offered me better,and didnt stick to their word. They tried not paying me my check,saying that I didnt work. I had to send in my hours twice because they claimed to never have received it,which took another week for its arrival. They never answer their phone,or call back. I wouldnt recommend anyone to work for this worthless company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company was a con..
a means to an end
HVAV construction installation (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 30, 2016
All these other jobs I have had were able to get me to where I belong, and that is where I'm at now. Tradesman international is the kind of work I am trained to do, I just need more and consistent.
Pros
good pay
Cons
its a contract that has a end.
co workers from this co. do not provide proof of skill set and its embarrassing
heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 21, 2016
Great for a temp job if you really need the money. I was constantly out of work for weeks at a time, I was promised nothing less than 13.00 hr to start and first job sent to was 4 hrs rt daily drive for 9.00 hr. nothing ever added up and I was lied to every week.
Busy but enjoyable to work
Onsite Coordinator, Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 18, 2016
I loved working with Tradesmen International it was a great experienced I learned a lot, I worked hard, met great people and put a lot of candidates to work.
Pros
Travel, job fairs, employees appreciation dinners, etc...
Cons
n/a
Demolition Crewman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 10, 2016
Tradesman was a great place to work. I was fairly new to this country when I started working there and they gave me the opportunity of having my first job in the U.S. Unfortunately it was only for a specific contract that did not last that long.
Pros
Good management
Cons
It's contract work
Learned alot about construction
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 14, 2015
The employer was very open to teaching new skills. Enjoyed the camaraderie of the work crew. Management was receptive to suggestions.
Pros
Open working relationships
Cons
minimal flex time
The Potential is there
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 13, 2016
This job is like a roller coaster. You have your ups but you have your downs. I know this sounds like every job but this job is the true definition of a roller coaster. Our job is to contact construction contractors and provide them with reliable and productive employees. When I am able to do this, life is great. However, the guys that we put to work sometimes aren't always reliable and aren't always productive which is when times can get low. This is the hardest part of the job hands down is the employees that we have know that if they don't want to work a certain day or they just want to go M.I.A on us, they know that they can call back at any point in time and get a job with us because thats how we make our money past our base salary.

Overall, I am happy in my position and will be here for a while. If you don't have experience in construction that's okay, I didn't have any knowledge of construction either. I am learning a great deal. I recommend this job to anyone looking for a good stable career.
Pros
Freedom to operate how you feel is best, managers add support in the office, great group of guys, great office environment, relaxed environment, mistakes don't put you in a grave situation
Cons
Commissions are based on guys going to work for you and when you collect money for invoices, they don't pay = You don't get paid, depending on your territory you may have to work harder than others, big clients in your territory may be handled by another rep in office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8