Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

Field sales rep...chained to the office
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2017
30k base with promises of decent commission structure that is unlikely to ever pan out.

Commissions paid based on A/R monies paid in a timely fashion. Any account generating a large enough commission to matter will not pay their staffing bills within the time allotted for you to receive your full commission. This cuts your money by a large percentage and will simply go to Tradesmen. Clearly, this is by design.

Additionally, you will be hired as a field rep but you will be CHAINED to the office with constant ops meetings and doing the job of a recruiter...even if your territory is over an hour from the office. Incidentally, these 2 hour "meetings" could be conference calls that would take 10 minutes...the whole process is completely irrational. A completely unnecessary time sink.

Also, while you are promised a protected territory...think again. Land a large client...in swoops major accounts. Land a new client...in swoops local management to take over as their point of contact. Cold call a job site...prepare to have your manager escort another field rep to the SAME site in your "territory" during that same week. I wish I were kidding.

The social club atmosphere and co-workers are awesome. If you are happy hanging out in the office while making your base pay while "meeting" and being a recruiter...this is the job for you. Sales professionals....run.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, social club office environment
Cons
Everything else
Na
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 8, 2017
Good place to work if you love the road life. Meeting new companys . never have to see the same co workers after your done with the work. they have benfits
I love my job
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 4, 2017
We start most jobs at 7am in the morning and have lunch around 11am and then no later than 6pm and sometimes even work Saturday and Sunday and the weekends are time in a half
This is a temp angency
Construction Worker/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 2, 2017
They provide me with work, however, when the job was complete, I was out of work. they tried to string me along and I just could not wait around while they tried to find work.
Failed to Provide Sufficient Work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2017
As an apprentice painter moving into the journeymen stage, Tradesmen International could not keep me busy. I had one solid gig that lasted a few weeks, but other than that I had very sporadic work through months I worked for the company. If they had been able to provide consistent work, I would have stayed with the company and enjoyed it.
Pros
Good pay, autonomy, great managment
Cons
Inability to keep one consistently busy
An Okay Starter Agency
Combination Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
This is an okay agency to work with if you're looking to start work in various industries. They say they aren't a temp agency, but they are. They are not prompt at returning phone calls, nor are they prompt at updating their job postings. Their time-keeping is ancient, and it seems as though they prefer a certain race of workers over others. This is not a company to look to for a career.
Pros
when looking for a quick job
Cons
not for stability or career
Different jobs all the time
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 30, 2017
The pay was always lower than expected,because of how the pay scale foes for the recruiters, the jobs didn't last very long,and I rarely got a straight answer from anyone. Sometimes when the job I was on was complete,they had no other job to go to.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes there were no jobs
Would not transfer when requested
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHMay 28, 2017
Upon intentional hire everything was great after months of employment the workplace became bad I requested transfer and management denied request so I had to depart before something unsafe happened on the job site between the other workers.
Great workers in the office..
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2017
They are really helpfully in explaining everything up front to you and they found me a job within a few days of applying. Excellent customer service skills and very professional
Nice place to work
Outside Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2017
The hours were sometimes from five in the morning till eleven thirty in the evening. The required hours to work does not reflect the compensation paid.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
does not pay enough
Small company with an opportunity to grow.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMay 26, 2017
I was a lead installer when I decided to make a change when things started to go south. My experience with them made me realize that taking shortcuts to add to your gross can cost you everything.
A great starting point for contract work
Marine Electrician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2017
This company was able to call me for work on some good projects, exactly where and what I wanted to do.

I don't know anything about this company as a whole company.
I've only been working temporarily on and off projects for the past few months.

The office I work with, has nice people, trying to get the job done right for many of us.

I'm thankful for the work experience I've obtained in the shipyard.

Thank You.
good place
temp/Welder/Mig/Stick (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 22, 2017
go to different job sites doin a numerous welding.mig welding,stick welding.it was a temporary agency so you never know what kind of welding you are gonna be doing.
Hard work, but very rewarding!
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  2515 Alpine Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544May 22, 2017
Although the work itself is laborious, everyday felt rewarding, knowing that you were building something with your own two hands. I learned a lot about how to use all kinds of tools and met a lot of interesting people. Most of the clients were very appreciative of the work you were doing for them, even if it was temporary. Great benefits and awesome hours!
They keep me busy, but I basically stay at the bottom of the barrel.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2017
I don't usually worry about running out of work, but there has been times that there was none. As far as advancement, I'm consistently stuck at the bottom of the barrel due to my "temp" status on the job site.
Pros
Varied fields of experience, good workout while working.
Cons
Little to no advancement.
one on one coaches
subcontractor/laborer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 19, 2017
fun friendly work sites meet different trades men from other companys reasonable fair work places staff are nice effective with work assignments safety friendly job sites
Pros
travel long term
Cons
short assignments good pay
productive on job site in the skill trades.
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 18, 2017
Breifing on safety and material.
one lunch break a day
steady pace no hurry for safety purposes
friendly atmosphere
some tools and equipment are provided
very flexible with important appoinments
Pros
friendly safety people to work with
Cons
7 hr. work day
Caring staff
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAMay 16, 2017
Have a serious problem going on in my life and they are completely understanding. Will still continue to put me to work. Great team. Zero hesitation to work anybody.
Pros
Paid every friday
Cons
No compensation for gas or bridge tolls
Jobs few and far between
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 15, 2017
Once I had the hours for medical jobs dried up. It was as if they did not want the extra expense.Did not get any jobs once I qualified for medical. Unless the have changed would not work for them again.
Cons
management
Stay away
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  South TexasMay 9, 2017
Extremely high turnover, good old boy network that if your not in your gone! Everyone is sleeping with everyone, and HR is aware, and is ok with it. They operate by fear.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8