Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

Not enough hours
Roofer/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 20, 2017
I needed more hours. I wish more work would have been available and hours where more consistent. I liked the direct deposit and texting in my timecard.
worked for short time
Apprentice/Helper (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMarch 19, 2017
worked for a couple weeks ended up getting very sick and worked work a shift for the company they placed me with. never got replaced and never herd form them again
Pros
quick placement
Cons
bad comunication
Poor Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2017
Sorry, Nothing to say. I was not rewarded for many accomplishments for my hard work when bringing new accounts. Management had its favoritism to certain people.
typical shipyard work
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIMarch 16, 2017
, recruiters are hard to reach at times .tradesmen seems to penalize you for being a good employee, After working for them for a year my reward was a $3 an hour pay cut
Alright place to work
Carpenters Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 16, 2017
Typical work day consist of start time 7:00 and leave at 3:30. I learned by hands on and asking question to people that know what they are doing and have more experience. The general contractors on certain sites are good some are bad. Hardest part of the job is having to do someone else's work that doesn't do anything all day or that doesn't want to work. Most enjoyable part is doing what u love to do which in my case is carpentry. The people at the office that get u the work are great also.
Pros
Great work, Good job sites, and great people that work in the office
Cons
There isnt always consistant work. Cant get enough hours to get benefits.
Great place for Temporary Assignments
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Anniston Army Depot, ALMarch 15, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone needing a great temporary local job. I started as a regular employee and they paid for my Osha 10 training and also paid for my Heavy Equipment Operator license.
Pros
Money
Cons
Temporary
Getting back to the Line
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2017
Working as a contract Lineman was great, I was able to get out in the field again, train current company Linemen, teach linemen how to splice fiber and become very proficient splicing.
Not enough work.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46268March 13, 2017
Tradesmen International could not provide enough work for me to get a forty hour weeks pay every week. There were a couple of times that I was sent to the wrong location.
Unethical company out of the Holland, OH location
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMarch 11, 2017
I have worked for them for a few jobs, when I got laid off and they were not providing any more jobs; I applied for unemployment. They told Unemployment that I have refused jobs in order not to pay the unemployment, even though that's one of the main things they promote to employers and employees. Will not work for them again, and will not refer anyone to the Holland, OH location....EVER!
Pros
Good job if you don't want to work a lot.
Cons
Unethical company.
Not a bad place to work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 10, 2017
Was able to get work that was productive not a bad place to work for willing to help you succeed. Get you what you need to get the job done they have a good tool plan.
A typical work day.
Construction Worker/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 9, 2017
A typical day working at Tradesmen International is getting to the job location and finding out the task at hand. Once I found out my task I execute them to the best of my ability using the construction knowledge, and customer servicers tools I've learned over the years.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Work can become inconsistent at times
Great work Culture , great company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 8, 2017
Great company with a great work culture, awesome group of people to work with from field employees to Management. Fast paced and no 2 days are the same
Great company with overall great Culture
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 8, 2017
I have been with this company for a while now and , i have nothing bad to say at all . From the sales reps i get to work with in my area to the management , everyone is great. The culture of this company is amazing, a company that truly stands behind its employees.
Productive and drama free work place.
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 5, 2017
A typical work day would consist of getting water and ice in the morning before we go on the site and began a routine of installing tables.
Pros
They keep work for you.
Cons
Hard to contact your recruiter.
Good company to work with
welder contractor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98424March 4, 2017
I feel this is a good company to work for. They strive to keep you busy and working. I have worked for both the Tacoma office and the Portland office. The only downside is you do not have full-time employment.
Great Experience
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2017
This company opened up a vast array of experience in so many different aspects of the electrical industry. An enjoyable experience. The only set back is the inability to obtain holiday pay and overtime is mostly non existent unless in a traveling capacity.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Longevity
Good Stepping Stone
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 1, 2017
Tradesmen International was a great stepping stone for the direction that I am headed in my career path. I learned a lot throughout my journey with Tradesmen and plan to utilize my skills effectively.
my sales rep sends me from project to preoject when one ends with these companies
hvac installer/ Electrician (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 1, 2017
prepare myself for electrical or hvac, I ensure I have the right tools for whichever trade, Meet the foreman's from these companies if I haven't already. Then start by reading prints to figure out what is being installed and where and or demoed, make sure ceiling heights, lights, and duct work don't conflict. keep track of material and advise when needed. foremost abide by the company rules and listen to the foreman. The hardest part about my job is adapting to other companies philosophy's, or ways they handle different situations compared to others, it keeps me on my toes and makes me adapt and that's the most enjoyable part at the same time because I'm learning many ways, expectations, procedures, and styles from each new company I'm sent to work with.
Pros
different companies, differents procedures, diversified me, kept me in hvac, and electrical field
Cons
carrer at one company, i would like better benefits, more overtime, and future planning/ growth
Jobs be to far
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Good job learn a lot there meet a lot of great people to . U will pick good trade skill that will pay off in the long run to just need more loaction.
Pros
Have work
Cons
Jobs be to far
Productive work place
Skill Tradesman (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 27, 2017
A regular workday expected. Great company with steady work available. There are various locations to work at. This company is well managed, and organized. The hardest part of the job for me personally was my commute due to fact that there was no work in the small town I was from,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8