Tradesmen International Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of Advancement Opportunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 11, 2015
Tradesmen is an excellent company to work for. The problem many people face who work for Tradesmen is that many offices are allowed to be self-directed, which in many cases is a great thing and sometimes can be a negative thing.

There is a lot of opportunity at Tradesmen. One of my first field employee hires has been hired as a rep with another office, and from what I understand he is doing great. Personally, I started out as a recruiter and then became a project coordinator, followed by a general manager within the first year.

What I'm saying is that if you are a skilled, qualified individual with a good support system around you, and you are willing to put in the time, you can have a great career at Tradesmen.
Pros
80/20 health plan
Safety
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2015
I enjoy working and being part of a great team. Everyone worked together to get the job done safely, where each person can go home to their family.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
N/A
fun people to work
journeyman electrician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2015
I would not recommend this company to anyone. They offer you a lot of things, like over time and never happen. The said is a full time company , not temp agency. Thats is completely a lie . The don't care about you , you are a number.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
laid off for long periods.
Worst company ever!!I
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 2, 2015
I worked with this company for only a weeks time,and there was so much bad work and drama in such a short period of time. To start off,I was told id get plenty of overtime and that was a complete lie. I got on the job and at 3:30 i was told to leave because thry wont pay overtime. Not cool at all. I left a good job because they offered me better,and didnt stick to their word. They tried not paying me my check,saying that I didnt work. I had to send in my hours twice because they claimed to never have received it,which took another week for its arrival. They never answer their phone,or call back. I wouldnt recommend anyone to work for this worthless company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company was a con..
Sales Rep Position
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2015
They pay a base of 30K and promise you can make lots in commissions, however after figuring out the math it's extremely hard to make decent money. There are so many obstacles to make money at this job plus the location I was at had extreme turn over. Three GM's in six months, 8 sales reps in six months it was a revolving door.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
Pay, Ability to make commissions, Management, etc
Nice
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 23, 2015
Good Company , good worker, out going,family value, helpful, understanding,turstworthy, Always had projects to be done. Loved the over time.
Great Place to Work for Construstion
Ironworker and Welder (Current Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 17, 2015
Tradesmen International is a great company to work for if you are "skilled" worker. They do various contracting jobs and will place you with many companies to further your experience and your craft.
Meeting new people
ConAgra Foods Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WINovember 17, 2015
Meeting new people and learning new job and assignments. Always willing to travel and the employer was really good about family.
Not a great place to work
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2015
My company experience started out great! People at the office I was at got a long great and helped each other out. As far as management goes... not so much. Place was very unorganized, the way to go about your day changed almost daily! Management was not very supportive and felt that the way to motivate a representative was to talk down to them or threaten their job.
Pros
Beer at meetings
Cons
A lot of them
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 13, 2015
Tradesmen International is a laid back and fun place to work. The office employees are easy to work with and communicate. We have lots a laughs and get the work done early.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
the drive
Productive at high standards
Produce the best quality work at all time (Former Employee) –  Any where in the world.November 9, 2015
I'm a typical hard working hands-on tradesman, supervisor or site manager, my work responsibility come first in my career such as the OSHACT, Health and Safety is highly priority in any career to stay safe and alive, not just for myself but also for my fellow workmen work with me.
In my country we make use of a RED CARD system '' called stop unsafe '' any person have such a card, to ensure the job get's done safe and the correct methods is in place all the time .
My aim on a daily basis is to try to do things correct at first hand even if it take more time, be aware of the safety standards and work with the correct tools and PPE.
I like to socialize on occasions and it is recommended to do that to build a strong relation spirit between fellow workers, but not to over do this for good reasons.
I'm 55 years of age and time for play is long time gone, If I'm Blessed with 10 more years to work in my life , I would choose a nice and friendly environment to work in.
The hardest part in my job is to work with unfriendly and negative people, however this can be correct with the correct motives by lead by example and say thanks for what you have in life.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to be productive and work with the same type of people.
Pros
Spend quality time together as a working family can be a great thing
Cons
If it is priority yes, let's get the job done but under safe circuinstances.
Wiring a transformer, PLC, Delegating responsibilities
Lead Electrician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 4, 2015
Great company to work for. The work environment was exceptional for learning and growing as an electrician in the field.
Unorganized company
Welder (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2015
This place is completely unorganized from the start. They have 4 hours worth of an application, the staff isn't the friendliest. When you finally get called about a job, you literally go in not knowing anything about the job, except where to go and what time to be there.
business orientated staff that loves golfing
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAOctober 30, 2015
A typical day on the job is everyday experience, I would learn more each day dealing with co workers, the hardest part was dealing with racisim. the most enjoyable part of the day was payday!
I have not been with Tradesmen long enough to review
laborer (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 27, 2015
I have not been employed with Tradesmen International long enough to review the working or non working fundamentals of the company.
Helpful staff.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 24, 2015
Only been employed with them for 4 months now. Helpful staff. Decent work assignments. I don't like the waiting period for open enrollment in healthcare plans.
Pros
Company paid for training
Cons
Healthcare waiting period.
Terrible place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MemphisOctober 20, 2015
Their philosophy is hire slow and fire fast!, no job security, no loyalty from management and they promise you will make a bunch of money but it never works out. You have to worry about collections and when client doesn't pay you lose your commission. You spend more time doing the recruiters job then actually going out and getting new business or growing your business within. Overall it is not a good place to work, they treat their employees with no respect. Upper management only cares about numbers and not their people.
Pros
Cons
Low pay and huge turnover should tell you to stay clear
electrical forman
Assistant Foreman (Former Employee) –  omaha nebreaskaOctober 19, 2015
ran a crew f workers to get project done in the time allowed to complete the job was able to get the project done quicker then what they thought was need
good place to work for
First Class Insulator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 14, 2015
really good company to work under they treat there people rite..they find you you really good place to work for that pays top dollar u may having to travel but its really worth your time
My opinion
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 14, 2015
Installed pipe and wired lights. Then electrician was very thorough.
Management was great. As a team was well oriented. Getting materials to finish. Moving onto the next job site.
Pros
Lunches were good.
Cons
That it was temporary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.