TradeSTAR Inc. Employee Reviews

Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2017
Had a random schedule, and had to be available whenever I was called in. A typical work day consisted of reading blue prints, doing decomp and installs. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.
work
TX. Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
Easy to talk to. Timesheet submittal easy. typical day involved installing new network cable and wireless access points for school district.. Workplace environment was usually working with other cable installers and network engineers and school staff
knowledgeable
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 16, 2017
I learned a lot with this job, how to wire phone cables, how to properly run fiber optic cables, how to cut them without putting a crack in the fibers, or you would have to re-run the whole cable again.
i worked for them for 10 year
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
new management team is really bad they dont care about your safety at all...... they dont understand that bad thing happens if you dont have safety they want you to talk to your foreman after you tell your foreman that you not going to work unsafe they will send you home after that they will lay you off....
Pros
paid holiday after 1600 hours
Cons
i work 10 years. they dont have any hours off what i work ..
good place to learn
COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 15, 2017
good company to get your foot in the door and learn a good trade. they always tried to keep you busy. they covered a large area so it made it easy to get work anywhere.
Great job!
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2017
Company helped me find work when I recently moved to San Antonio with my family. The staff was professional and set the correct expectations for me before entering the field. I am very satisfied with my experience with Tradestar!
Typical day
Technician (Former Employee) –  andersonmill and 183March 14, 2017
Tradestar managed there temporary workers fairly well when i began working there years back and they still do. be it to check up on us and if we are doing well, or be the training given to us before we go out in the feild. i enjoyed everything this company has done for me and how far i had gotten in the fields of work they brought me to.
Staffing agency
Low-Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2017
Install variety of low voltage electrical systems according to specifications, perform routine maintenance on systems, Troubleshioot systems by running diagnostic tests, Analyze diagnostic tests identifying problems, Repair any problems with electrical systems, Provide helpful and professional customer service to the clients.
Overall satisfactory experience
Project Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 7, 2017
Overall satisfactory experience. They did, however, attempt to avoid unemployment benefits payout by stating I did not reach out to them for re-employment when my assignment was complete. I was able to provide documented proof to the unemployment office showing I did, so benefits were indeed rewarded.
good place to get experience
Fire alarm tech (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2017
love the people i worked with and they where helpful. go place to build up work related experience.pay raise is base on certifications required for job title.
Okay
Entry-Level Tech (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Lots of opportunities to advance skills and make more income. Travel to different areas on different projects. It's a good place to get employment. Okay.
Great place to start
Voice and Data Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Work is few and far between. Its a bit difficult to get in, and once in management can feel a bit disconnected with employees.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
work is not reliable
there scheduling work for you wasn't professional
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2017
At the time I worked form them I was trying to prove that I was the best they ever hired in the electrical field.And today I still feel that way very confident in my ability to do the work.It was flexibility for me working with them when I needed time off to take care of personal business. Management I feel didn't take care of me, but out in the field I took care of them.
Pros
30 minute lunches
Cons
no healthcare
A great company that will go above and beyond for you!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2017
This company truly cares for you and they help you get into this industry. I had no experience and they trained me. The day after training class they put me out to work. They follow through with their promises and they’re still looking for good people.
Pros
Great Staff, good pay, they care
Cons
only if you're lazy and don't work hard!
Staff is unprofessional and rude
Electrition (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2017
The receptionist is blantly disrespectful and has an attitude every time I call. I have been employed for a month and just started my first job site with them a week ago and still not understanding where my paycheck is because they refuse to answer the phone once they place you somewhere. I NEED MY PAYCHECK.
Pros
Nice people at jobsite
Cons
Rude HR, Lazy recruiters, disrespectful
Best career move I could make!
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2017
I have been working with TradeSTAR for almost 2 years as a recruiter and account manager. I really enjoy it here. This company is a smaller company with 4-5 people per an office (excluding the corporate office). They care about our success and advancement and do what they can to improve each of us individually through training and one-on-one meetings. If you can handle being on the phones all day and be able to shift gears at any moment - this would be a great place for you.
Pros
Training, Advancement Opportunities, Commission structure
Cons
Easy to overwork yourself - very busy work environment
Was good when there was work available.
Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 12, 2016
Worked for a few months on a project, work and company I was contracted to was great! Really enjoyed working with the contractor I was sent to. However, once the project was complete - I did not receive any work for two months, causing me to look elsewhere.
Pros
New sites, experiences, and people.
Cons
Lack of steady work.
Tradestar
Cable Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2016
Trade star is a temp. agencie and while their staff is very nice they work hard to keep you as a temporary worker for as long as possible. the wait time between jobs is very long.
Pros
great for entry leval possitions
Cons
3 to 5 weeks sometimes between jobs
Good
Low Voltage Installer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 29, 2016
I like it here. Always do right by me to keep me busy and working. I've learned alot and gotten to work on different projects. The office staff has always been quick to help when i needed them.
Tradestar is a joke of a temp service
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2016
Please do not consider working for this company. They do not care for you ..... they only care if you show up to work to earn them money.... the management staff is untrained in dealing with personnel.
Pros
You get only a portion of what is actually negotiated pay.
Cons
You can make more money elsewhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TradeSTAR Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval