Tradewinds Island Resorts Employee Reviews

Tradewinds is a Grocery Store not an Island Resort
Dairy & Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MESeptember 1, 2017
Tradewinds is a Grocery store which is provided by Hannaford Foods. It is a company of about 12 stress, gas stations and car washes. They are an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Very Family oriented
Cons
to far to travel
Sales position
Advertising and Sponsorship Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 31, 2017
Great place to work and everyone is very friendly and helpful in many ways. You cannot help but succeed. They really take an interest in employees. You do thrive better in an atmosphere where they take an active interest in you.
Pros
Everyone is very friendly
Cons
You hate to leave.
Recreation and Activities Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Pete Beach, FLJuly 29, 2017
Very fun place to work. Good management. Great staff and guests. Room for advancement. I worked there while completing an internship for college graduation. It was a paid internship and housing was also provided. It was truly a wonderful experience and I would have loved to have gotten a full time job there after college but the economy was going downhill in fall of 2009 for tourism. Staff got a discount to all resort F&B outlets as well as gift shops.
Pros
Good Management, Fun Environment, Good Pay
Cons
Shorts breaks
fun meeting new people
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 28, 2017
Very cut throat company. Management would change minds on a whim. Meeting new people from different parts of the world was the best thing to come from this job. The problem was management didn't care for it's employees. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management
awesome customer service
Cook/server (Current Employee) –  Chauvin, LAJuly 7, 2017
Tradewinds in Chauvin LA. you never know if you get busy or not. I cooked, and was a server. AWESOME workers! Awesome customers. I learned alot, to manage time between each table. How to satisfy customers if their was a problem.
do not work at island resorts
GSR (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2017
. I work for tradewinds central in Tulsa Oklahoma. Great staff and co-workers excellent boss that will work with your schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job would be interacting with the guests and getting to hear their stories of traveling .
Great People
Driver developmental manager (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INApril 10, 2017
great people good company. co workers make the difference between a good day and a great day. I wouldn't have changed my expierence with tradewinds for the world.
stressfull understaffed work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLApril 2, 2017
depending on which department you were working at a typical day would vary..on the subject of what I learned was minimal, mainly because your superiors were so young and inexperienced.throughout the years there was good and not so good management,most were rude,arrogant and some even racist. On the subject of hardest part of the job was being expected to work 60 to 70 +hours a week on a salary basis. On the subject of most enjoyable part was making the guests happy. getting feed back from the guests who enjoyed the meal that I prepared them that wasn't of the set menu. I also enjoyed sharing my knowledge with the newer and younger staff.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJanuary 17, 2017
It's a awesome job .the job is basically helping others . Cleaning, communication, working with kids . Help everyone be satisfied at the resort . Play games , make Up fun activities for the guest . Strive for success at the job . The employees are very nice there.
Lots of Benefits
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLDecember 16, 2016
Tradewinds is a great place to work. Lots of friendly coworkers, the head honchos are very polite and straight forward. Awesome benefits, as well as great events for employees and their families.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers
Unfriendly and very controlling
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MEJuly 24, 2016
The job was long hours and they would pick at everything that you did. They would never have a constant schedule. You would ask for time off and they would never give it to you.
Cons
My job was on the beach.It had a nice view.
Rentavations (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 30, 2016
See what rooms we had to do for the day.I learned how to paint well from my co-worker.If we had to work outside some days were hot.But I like all my co-workers they were good people.Being by the beach was nice.
Pros
We had a half hour paid lunch.
Cons
No health insurance.
Typical organ grinder
Vacation Planner/Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 3, 2016
They will use you for all you're worth and then, no matter how they've benefited from you being amazing at your job, will find any excuse to ruin your life (even if they have to make one up).

They make up the criteria for evaluating your performance on the fly; sometimes even creating criteria that directly contradict instructions received in mandatory sales training classes. Employees are forced to choose between: adhere to these arbitrary, contradictory criteria regardless of how they affect customers' experience or the employee's earning potential or not adhere to them and receive low call scores and negative performance evaluations.

Management cannot be bothered to create reasonable call scoring and incentive systems or assist with difficult/abusive customers. In fact, they put the newest person on the team (me) in charge of creating a system for the employees to score/evaluate our own calls (effectively doing management's job for them); then took credit for the design, synthesis, implementation and benefits of that system.

If you ask a question they can't answer or share an opinion/fact they don't like, suddenly you have a "poor attitude" and get fired.
Pros
Earning potential through commission and monthly incentives
Cons
No job security or consistency in performance evaluation criteria; stressful, predatory work environment
Great opportunity, employee of the year (2 times), travel
Southeast National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Trade Winds offered opportunity and after seven years several advancements that fostered my career. Travel was fun and the chance to land accounts to visit Trade Winds to have their conferences and meetings was rewarding.
Pros
Great company with opportunity to advance. Two years of Employee of Year status out of seven.
Cons
Long days that led into long weekends of work.
There is no typical day at Tradewinds
Lunch Monitor/C.P.I. Trainer (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 3, 2015
On a good day it's very quiet and easy going
but can go from 0 to 100 in a matter of minutes from medical issues to physical confrontations.
Pros
great coworkers and clients
Great place for unexperienced techs to learn
Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, INJanuary 28, 2015
The company is pretty laid back when it comes to entry level positions. I started here with no experience late July of 2013 and I feel that I have progressed a lot here. The shop personnel are always willing to answer questions and help out if I don't know something. The hardest part of the job here is when days are slow and you have to push a broom. I like to stay busy on tractors and trailers.
Pros
excellent learning environment
Cons
slow days
mentally disabled work
support service (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 5, 2014
It was good working with the clients and some workers. Just wish employees had more rights. And higher pay for the job with some crediantials.
productive and fun place to work
hotel operator,reservationist,front desk (Former Employee) –  Saint Pete Beach, FLJuly 9, 2014
i enjoyed all my positions at tradewinds. every day was an adventure there and i enjoy working with the public
Learning experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 4, 2014
I worked from home. I enjoyed putting my education to real world experiences.
Pros
Learning experiences
Cons
very minimum pay
Worst place to work!!!
Corporate (Former Employee) –  St Pete BeachJanuary 30, 2014
Management is a complete JOKE, they're all full of crud and LIES. They love to argue, and make you feel so little and worthless. The benefits and pay are poor! and it overall was a mess. They screw up hours, and it's not worth it. DON'T WORK HERE!!!

ALSO DON'T ATTEMPT TO WORK ANYWHERE IN CORPORATE!!! That's the WORST!
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, job, treatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradewinds Island Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.