Tradewinds Island Resorts

Tradewinds Island Resorts Employee Reviews

Great place for unexperienced techs to learn
Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee), Arcadia, INJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent learning environment
Cons: slow days
The company is pretty laid back when it comes to entry level positions. I started here with no experience late July of 2013 and I feel that I have progressed a lot here. The shop personnel are always willing to answer questions and help out if I don't know something. The hardest part of the job here is when days are slow and you have to push a broom. I like to stay busy on tractors and trailers.
mentally disabled work
support service (Former Employee), Gary, INAugust 5, 2014
It was good working with the clients and some workers. Just wish employees had more rights. And higher pay for the job with some crediantials.
productive and fun place to work
hotel operator,reservationist,front desk (Former Employee), Saint Pete Beach, FLJuly 9, 2014
i enjoyed all my positions at tradewinds. every day was an adventure there and i enjoy working with the public
Learning experience
Internship (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJune 4, 2014
Pros: learning experiences
Cons: very minimum pay
I worked from home. I enjoyed putting my education to real world experiences.
WORST PLACE TO WORK!!!
Corporate (Former Employee), St Pete BeachJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: management, pay, benefits, job, treatment
Management is a complete JOKE, they're all full of crud and LIES. They love to argue, and make you feel so little and worthless. The benefits and pay are poor! and it overall was a mess. They screw up hours, and it's not worth it. DON'T WORK HERE!!!

ALSO DON'T ATTEMPT TO WORK ANYWHERE IN CORPORATE!!! That's the WORST!
i started right when it opened
Hostess (Former Employee), Stuart, FLJanuary 26, 2014
they were still figuring out how they wanted to run the business, how they wanted to manage and serve and organize everything so wile I was there it was a little chaotic but they were nice people.
Productive and fun
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Westfield, INJanuary 26, 2014
Cons: health benifits are too expensive
No Reviews done when the employer said,learned alot from my co workers that worked there, management was ok micromanaged your work
Beautiful Resort with lots of amenities
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), St Petersburg Beach, FLNovember 20, 2013
Pros: the greatest bunch of people to work with. all 900 of us
Cons: there are really no horrible cons. there are only a few suggestion to make things better
i only transferred to the accounting dept about 4 months ago but from what i have observed they are a well oiled group of people who have been more than glad to help me and teach me different aspects of – more... the job.
Before transferring to the accounting dept i was the head concierge at the TradeWinds for 7 seasons so i am going to write this review based on that time.
The concierge desk at the TradeWinds is very, very, busy all year around. People ask questions like....are there sharks out there in the gulf ? Your reply is yes. Then they ask if they drive a little bit further south will the sharks still be there. You always have to answer questions with total confidence and composure no matter what the question. Now that is at one end of the spectrum and at the other end is.... My passport has been stolen and i am suppose to leave in 2 days. I ran across this twice in 7 years and you MUST help them. They are scared, confused, and have no idea what to do and they are in a different country and speak a limited amount of English. Both times i was able to take charge, figure out what is needed to be done how to move forward to help them get back home. I am very proud to say both families got home safe and sound. A typical day behind the concierge ranges from the sharks to passports and you ALWAYS have to have your game face on ( a big smile) and be willing to go that extra mile.
Things that i have learned...well i know about all the different restaurants and museums and theme parks ect. but the thing that i feel that i truly conquered was multi-tasking. In my opinion there should have always been 2 people behind the desk from opening to closing and thinking that the manager should suffice as the second person is not truly the answer. That manager is not only responsible for the concierge desk but for the Bellstand, Valet, and Doorman and is needed sometimes by all 4 at the same time. When the resort has 400 in and 400 out, well he is sometimes spread very thin and can only do what he can do. So being a concierge you must develop a very strong and efficient multi-tasking ability to help more than one person at a time and making it look easy and NOT making the guest feel rushed or unimportant. This is a learned skill which i consider to be very valuable.
Now as for the management. I have had really great Managers but, I always said that the upper management should spend at least a week behind the concierge desk and if they did then i believe that they would,and could make some changes that not only benefit the concierge but also the resort and the guest. Unless you spend time behind that desk then you cannot have a realistic idea how truly hard the job is and what all is entailed in doing the job properly. The concierge receives all good reports about the resort and they hear the negative reports about the resort. i feel that management should truly sit down with them and listen to what they have to say and what ideas they might have on how to make things better. i feel by doing this management would be able to effectively come up with a plan to resolve the few issues that are a continuing concern.
I guess the hardest part of my job was standing for 8 to 9 hours on my feet,
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people everyday and welcoming back the guest that come every year. When you can make that connection with a guest from their first time at the resort and you learn their name and speak to them ever time you see them, well this makes them feel like family and this makes this huge resort seem like a mom and pop motel where everyone knows your name. These guest almost always will come back and when they do return they almost always come straight up to you first thing to say hello. i always enjoyed seeing all of our returning guest, and once again trying to make the TradeWinds seem like this wonderful little Mom and Pop motel. – less
really fun and enjoyable
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, CAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: discount meals, flexable schedules
Cons: n/a
My typical day at work was always a happy and enjoyable day i leaned from customer service to knowing each customer likes and dislikes. helped me be a better hostess/waiterss loved my co-works and manager they all were so flexable and relable we all had eacothers when it came to work. We were like family I had no trouble with no one and all the guest always left happy with our service
good workplace until...
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Carlisle, OHJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: ease of job
Cons: lack of team in the team
this was a great place till nestle bought tradewinds..nestle did make pulling orders for trucks easier and more unified but the management was so out of it with the staff..a major rift between the two
No longer exists
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAApril 24, 2012
This was a start up company created by a close friend of mine with another business partner. The company went under several years back, as far as I know.
Industry