Traditions Spirits Employee Reviews in United States

Easy work, not a strong core of workers.
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 6, 2015
When I first started there it was an awesome workplace, but further down the line it started to decline in workers' work ethics.
I normally would start my day on the flat-top grill and work any work station needed at the time, unless there was someone already running that station. What was most difficult about the job was getting everyone to work as one. The management was sub-par at best(with the exception of one or two managers).
Pros
Free Redbulls, 25-30% meal discount.
Cons
Lack of break-times.
Fun environment to work.
Beverage server (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 5, 2015
Through my employment with Traditions, I learned one of the most valuable lessons in life; patience. Working at Winstar was a pleasant experience because it has an upbeat atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was communication with co-workers.
Fun casino environment!
Costume Beverage Server - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 22, 2015
A typical work day would be an eight hour day. The hourly pay was low but if you worked hard the tips could be great, and once you started to know your regular patrons your tips would get even better. It was a simple job; great customer service was the key and staying on top of your section that you were assigned to. I got to meet a lot a great people and made a lot of new friends!!!
Pros
could make great tips.
Cons
no benefits and not very much room for advancement.
A great fun place to work, loving co workers
Office Manager/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 7, 2012
Traditions Spirits was a great Place to work. The staff was always wlecoming and great to work with. They were very understanding and always willing to work with you when things come up. I loved working with this company sad I had to move and was no longer able to work for them.
Pros
lunch breaks, great place to be employeed
Cons
there were no cons for me
A great place to work, family oriented company.
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 23, 2013
This company is number one for me. I loved working for them it was always a fun atmosphere with different challenges everyday. I learned everything I know from them about Hospitality and Management. Everyone that works for them gets challenged to do better at their work and become part of a team that is family. The hardest part of this job was closing at night, times where I wasn't ready to go home, it was that much fun. The enjoyable part about this company was able to learn more and more each day, they always took the time to keep teaching their workers so that you could move up within the company. Wished I could move back and go back to work for them that is how much I miss this company.
Pros
getting trained in every aspect of company to move up within
Cons
moving from one restaurant to another.
Great Service
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKOctober 22, 2012
A typical day at traditions spirits is like High School. I learned there that no matter where you go or what you do in life your past follows you. The management is like the cool kids in high school, (and not the nice ones). My co-workers love the money. the hardest part of the job is that you have no life. the most enjoyable part of the job is the money.
Fun to start
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 22, 2013
Great place to start working my way up from a bartender to the Assistant General Manager was quite a task. However once reaching my goals I realized that I was being used as a work hoarse and the work life balance went down fast.
Ran a fast casual restaurant inside a casino.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKAugust 4, 2012
I would come to work and make sure everyone was on time and ready to start work. I would take care of reports that needed to be done for that day. Would either make sure truck was put up correctly or place an order depending on the day. If we were busy would help out wherever needed whether in the FOH or BOH. I believe in not ever asking someone do something that I wouldn't do myself. If someone called out for their shift I would get someone to come in to cover their shift for them so the outlet had ample coverage. I started as a prep cook with the company and within 1 1/2 yrs made it to the position of GM. I never missed a day. My greatest enjoyment was helping others succeed in their jobs and advance in the company as I did. I got to meet some of the most interesting people at the casino. Having to work several 60+ weeks in a row was a little difficult.
Pros
everchanging, never boring, strong teamwork, quarterly bonus
Cons
sometimes having to work 6 days a week not getting to see family except 1 day a week.
fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJune 18, 2014
Overall not a bad place to work while going to college. I met many people who I still consider friends to this day.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
not a career choice by any means
work environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 10, 2013
A great work environment, everyone treats you like you are family
Tips and atmosphere is great. Management/Administration is disorganized and disconnected, cares little about employees.
Bartender/Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKAugust 23, 2013
My job at traditions spirits involved cocktail waitressing within the Winstar Casino. The work was not hard, but it was physically taxing. The hours weren't long, but they often involved walking 10+ miles in a shift. As cocktails we were required to walk the casino floor of our section continually taking drink orders and delivering drinks to the gamblers at the card tables and machines.
Management had the attitude of "all waitresses and bartenders are replaceable" "a dime a dozen" was a sentiment expressed by management to the cocktail waitresses in more than one pre-shift meeting. There were no benefits offered and waitresses worked for 2.13 and hour, on slow nights some not even taking home $20 in tips. Management within the Winstar branch of Traditions was much like a highschool clique, making special allowances, overlooking issues and showing a general preference for those they deemed "friends".
Rules and policies changed almost daily and were often only halfway enforced or fiercely enforced depending on the day.
Pros
potential for great tips, good hours, fun atmosphere.
Cons
no benefits, disconnected management, constantly changing rules and policies, disorganization.

2.9