Traffic Employee Reviews in United States

fun workplace
Store key manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at traffic because I enjoyed working with the other employees. I learned to open and close register. The manager was easy to work with. the hardest part of the day was when it was slow and time dragged. The most enjoyable part was when shipment came in and we competed on selling the most shoes.
Pros
good discount
Cons
no benifits
Productive and Fun place
SALES (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work selling handbags, shoes , completing the goal of the day . This implies interact with the customer to know , and thus identify regular customers . Excellent leader, dedicated to his work , its employees , available to handle any disadvantage in the labor area. Extraordinary people , not able to compete , if not rather to work and meet the daily goals, all united in the same page dedicated to our customers . It was an unforgettable experience.
Exciting and rewarding while communicating with a variety of different people.
Co-op internship (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 30, 2016
As a intern, I have been with this company for a year and a half. I file all court materials including dockets, tickets, and much more. I answer phone calls relating traffic and criminal matters. I work at the front counter dealing with people who need help addressing any traffic or criminal matters within the Court. My management are very helpful as guides and resources to help you achieve your role. My co-workers are truly a delight to work with since we work as a team, not individually.
Pros
Paid lunch hour.
Cons
Not full time.
great way to get customer service experience but not made to be a career. You sell shoes, purses, ect.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 22, 2015
Traffic is an alright company they really aren't organized but they do sell some nice looking shoes for the most part. on the management tip it needs a little work and it's hard to get in contact with the corporate office especially when your coming up on deadlines. All traffic's isn't bad I believe it depends on your store manager and how eager your coworkers are motivated to work.
Pros
shoe benefits, customer service experience, popularity
Cons
short breaks, barely any vacation time, management needs work
Great place to start your first job
3rd Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 9, 2015
They can help you learn a lot if you have never had a job before and also its nice to put forth your fashion advice when helping a customer when they seek your opinion. Taking time off here is very difficult and the pay is not so great when you have bills and other things you need to pay for
Enthusiastic and outgoing when it comes to completing my work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 12, 2015
I enjoy working in retail and i have over 2 years of experience. I like to come to work and get all of my work done so that i can have a good day knowing i succeeded with my work duties
Good People to work with.
Control Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Aransas, TexasFebruary 20, 2015
Supervise up to 12 technicians in the performance of their duties. Create a safe work zone that ensures that traffic moves at a steady flow to and from the ferry loading areas.
Pros
location
Cons
summer heat
fun workplace
Sales/seasonal (Former Employee) –  columbus,gaFebruary 15, 2015
working with customers and helping them with shoe decisions was the most enjoyable part of the job. friendly and outgoing co workers, stocked and kept the store organized and clean at all times
great place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 25, 2015
I loved working here, i love fashion and shoe, the discounts are great! The company can be a little more organized.
Productive Workplace
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 5, 2015
3 months after being hired at Traffic, I was promoted to Assistant Manager. I had a great team of people working with me, and the inventory was great.
Intense work schedule, challenging and thought provoking
Traffic/Weather Radio Anchor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2014
A typical morning:
Assessing traffic and weather problems across the map..
Making sure to describe traffic and weather situations in the high volume areas during morning drive...

The hardest part is to compile major events into a LIVE report.

The most enjoyable is to be able to communicate through the airwaves to many who are listening during morning drive.

Multitasking is a must and being to display that is what makes an aspect of my craft enjoyable!
Pros
sharing your craft over the airwaves
Cons
trying to compile numerous events into one report
Productive workplace, fun learning environment for experience.
SALES ASSOCIATE//KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  JACKSONVILLE ,FLJuly 15, 2014
learned merchandising, shipment, stocking coordination. Although, the hardest part was doing transfers but once learned and had more opportunities to do them it became less difficult. Management was great from the start upon employment until shortly after we became short staff because of schooling and new management then went downhill. My coworkers were very helpful and friendly I didn't want for ANYTHING my whole time there and they make sure that you fully grasp the concept of a task before moving onto another. my experience there was a very influential yet challenging in most areas of expertise , but being very visual and fast learning it was nothing more than an enjoyable and calming job and place to be..
Pros
anytime lunches, very moderate paced workplace
Cons
no benefits, when goals were reached we never recieved additional $0.50 per sales hours, management
Directing people and cars in a fast pace environment.
Traffic Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 3, 2014
Direct people and cars with great communication skills to keep order and structure, while work well as a team and a team member with my fellow co-workers. This is seasonal.
Proactive work place advancement opportunity
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJanuary 7, 2014
Working in my profession is rewarding. It gives you a chance to help people in need. It is a good career.
Pros
helping people.
Cons
not enough pay
A fast pace work environment and customer friendly
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 20, 2013
When I come into work I make sure that everything else is out the door. No personal issues, No other matter that can bring my sales down for each day.Customer service is very important in retail so I always do my best to keep a positive attitude. I greet each customer and I explain any promotions we have at the moment. I make sure I can help the customer with any questions or concerns of our products. I have learned to always go the extra mile even if the customer isn't as pleasing as you would like them to be. Good customer service gets our customers coming back and they leave with a smile on their face. Our management team is a very understanding and we always work as a team. We hear each other out for any new ideas, we try our best to have a friendly and professional environment so that everyone on the floor is comfortable being in their work environment. The hardest part of working in retail is having other stores as competition. We always need to stay one step ahead with sales and promotions so that we can always reach the best of our ability as a team. I enjoy my job because I work with wonderful people who can always communicate about everything that we can do and should do to make our experience a lot better.
Pros
communication
Cons
competition from other stores
Friendly Environment, good benefits
Continuity Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 2, 2013
I only worked for this company for 7 or 8 months. I left because of a divorce.Overall, the company was a good company to work for. Managers were well respected, due to their work ethics. Managers were in the office most of time helping employees complete their work. During the days before a holiday managers stayed until the employees work were completed. Managers didn't believe in leaving work early, while their employees worked late.

The hardest part of this job was having to leave it. Even though the pay wasn't great, the employees were well respected and treated fairly.
Pros
great managers to work for, respect for employees, good benefits
Cons
no deadlines
wonderful place to work, loved going to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 30, 2013
A typical day at work, never really felt like work. All the employess and managers there were like family. Everyone looked out for each other. Management was wonderful. One of the most enjoyable jobs I have ever had to date.
Pros
loved the job and all its duties, enjoyed my co-workers, appreciated and enjoyed working for my managers
Cons
none to speak of
Work as a team, communicate often, make dicision together.
Key Holder / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2013
A typical day at work is finding something to do like do transfer, fix the walls and put new shoes in walls check emails and see what the boss want the key holders to do etc. Emails are very important because the owner communicate from there. And they would tell us whats new. Every day I learn something new i learn how to do transfer, how to fix the boxes in the back, how to receive and send transfer, i learn how to be a better leader. When its me managing the store I love it because I give my all so everything stay fine and clean. I love working with my co-worker because we work as a team always and we all get along. the hardest part of my job is doing transfer and the store gets full. What I enjoy is working as team traying to make the goal for that day.
Pros
if you need something to eat etc they dont have a problem.
Cons
short lunch
Traffic.com was a successful internet start-up in the years prior to 9/11.
Producer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 7, 2013
This was the first job (Traffic.com/Mobility Technologies) that I ever wanted to retire from. I loved the work, the environment, and all of the people I worked with. After the tragedy of 9/11, a new Chief Financial Officer promised to take the company for profit, and I was in the first round of downsizing. I still have not fully recovered financially from the experience.
fun outgoing place to work
Traffic Editor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 26, 2013
monitor traffic cameras and look for accidents. make calls to state police and ask if they are working any accidents. post accidents on traffic.com website and monitor