Trail King Industries Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDNovember 10, 2017
Excellent place to work. Everyone is very nice and it is a well run organization. There is a good amount of employee engagement which is nice to see with a company of their size.
Great environment
Manufacturing Engineer Tech (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDOctober 25, 2017
I especially enjoy the employees. They have a great group of people. I appreciate the fact that you can approach and have an open discussion about opportunities.
Out of Touch
Assist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDOctober 13, 2017
TrailKing is a large company in a small market that has an outdated form of management. They lack the over leadership needed to create a good work enviroment.
n/a
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Brookville, PAJune 14, 2017
find out they are working on and finish up welding low boy trailers flipping the trailer with a over head crane meeting new people hours was good you could work all over in the plant from welding to cutting parts out
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive and quick moving
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at Trail King. It felt like you were part of a team because everyone relied on someone else to get the job done correctly. They were very professional company. They offered plenty of hours and overtime. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Paid lunch, benefits, overtime
Good place to work, Plenty of work and keeps you busy.
Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDMay 1, 2017
They have a unique style of reward system to monitor how to grow within the company. If you use the system wisely, you can succeed on a smooth rapid pace.
ok welding job
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDFebruary 23, 2017
They are decent benefits. The hours have 3 different shifts. they have bonus for showing up 100 days in a row. they have christmas parties for employees.
Fun Co-workers but Management is a nightmare
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDSeptember 21, 2016
If you're able to get your nose rather brown and really really fall into the corporate sideshow that Trail King is, you may love it there. They strive for a professional corporate atmosphere, but when it comes down to it the only thing that matters in your time a Trail King is how well you get in the with the top dogs in the office. If you don't absolutely make it your life goal to cozy up to them and put aside your own beliefs, ethics, and morals to carry out their marching orders, you will not advance, you will not pass go, and you will not collect 200 dollars.

While the co-workers are fun and there are some perks, make sure you don't have fun. Having fun is dangerous even if it's entirely wholesome and appropriate, because the bosses don't want that from you. You can get your work done and really bust your back at it, but the moment you tell a joke or have a little bit of fun, you might as well go grab a box and put your stuff into it so that they can escort you out quicker.

Avoid this company if you enjoy knowing you'll still have your job at the end of every day.
Pros
Some free things here and there, mostly nice co-workers
Cons
Bad management, below standard wages, no job security, little room for advancement
Friendly staffed
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoyed my job especially the people I worked with. Although some days were harder then others. I learned how to run torches and break presses, and I was very thankful for the time they took to train me. they had the patience to make sure that if you are willing to learn they would teach you. the hardest part of my job was probably being the shift lead, I enjoyed what I did but some times communication between other shifts and employs was lacking so it would occasionally end up being frustrating while we attempted to get things back in line. the most enjoyable part of my job was the staff always willing to help where they could,
Pros
good atmasophear
decent job, good benifits
Welder (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDAugust 12, 2015
i liked working here, the benifits were good, the coworkers are great, and i learned alot while i was there,
bad thing is they work on points so they loose a lot of good workers due to dr appts, etc
Pros
free ppe, they supply hoods, free bananas and oranges
Cons
no cons that i can think of
Welder (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDJuly 20, 2015
Trail King is a great place to work with excellent benefits and you can gain a lot of experience. A typical day at works begins with a meeting with your team, stretches, and goals for the week. I learned how to read blueprints better than I had in school. I also learned how to use new tools and overhead cranes. The management is great. The hardest part about the job is learning how to do your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you finally know what to do, everything is a piece of cake.
Great company to work for!!
Welder (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDMay 25, 2015
Factory, assembly line setting and great people to work with!! You will learn a ton at this company, and the pay is pretty decent!! Had I not had family in need in Georgia, I definitely could have seen a career here!! They started me as an entry level welder, and I progressed fairly fast! ended as a go-to type welder for aluminum, steel and stainless projects!! Miss the people and the company. Always taken care of for holidays, thanksgiving was free turkey for the family, and Christmas was free movie tickets!!
Pros
schedule, pay, holiday perks, profit sharing
Cons
cant say I have any
Great
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDMarch 18, 2015
Great hours, wonderful pay and amazing coworkers. Top notch benefits, bonus, and profit sharing. Highly recommended.
Trail king
Welder (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDFebruary 9, 2015
Trail king offers alot as far as welding goes but they lack the drive and motivation to keep employees happy. there was not a day I worked there that half the guys in my zone werent complaining about the place. It just had an all around depressing feel to the place. I didnt mind working there, I got to expirence the hands on use of Solidworks and builing commercial trailers.
Pros
lots of welding
Cons
depressing place to work
Welder
Welder/Craftsman/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDMarch 13, 2014
I weld and build Trailers. im a craftsman. 40% is welding the other 60% is building and constructing.
Manufacturing Facility based on timely product development
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJanuary 19, 2014
Answering phones, HR duties, Training new employees,conducting orientation,scanning,faxing,filing,data entry, scheduling appointments,director of events committee,maintaining office supplies,maintain office for audit and compliance.
Good work environment and good people
Stall Welder (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDOctober 30, 2013
My typical day consists of fabricating and welding parts and trailers to print specifications. Trailers range in size from 30 feet to over 400 feet in length with tonage capacity of anywhere from 60 tons to half a million tons. I am responsible for building all components of my trailer and also making them to the quality a customer expects. I am responsible for all exit paperwork on a trailer to properly show it been finished and inspected. Trail King Industries is a good company with excellent people and I enjoy going to work.
Pros
excellent benefits package, great job securiy, good supervisors
Cons
not the best pay for the work, pressure to get product out the door, constant policy changes
Dont work here!!!!!!!!!
Shop Employee (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 5, 2013
Trailking use to be a great place to work but they are under new management an the new hires are getting ripped off on starting pay everyone that has been with the company for 10 plus years are now quitting to find new jobs they base your pay off of a skill blocks system making it harder to get raises, They are offering lower pay for new hire employees you could make the same pay working at a gas station with what they will offer you Here!

The work is easy an the shop is really laid back they have good benefits but if you are looking to make more than $15 an hour don't look here. plan on working here 2 years b4 u get a raise they quit giving 90 day raises
Pros
Good benefits, 401K, decent pay, Laid back shop, Paid Holidays
Cons
Terrible Management!!! Low starting Pay! No Advancement opportunity, Unfair pay
Senior capstone project - Improving Pipe and tube storage and handling
Senior Capstone project (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 20, 2013
 Analyzing the current process including
 Documenting proposed recommendation, economic benefits and procedures for implementing the proposed recommendation
 Other recommendations for future projects and improvements
Not Impressed
Painter A (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDApril 4, 2013
Trail King was great when it came to the work. Unfortunatly the company is managed poorly. Management had a serious problem with lying to their employees. They preferred to lie and wait for the circumstance to play out, then come up with more lies to cover their original story.
Pros
constant work
Cons
horrible management