TrailBlazer Health Enterprises, LLC Employee Reviews

Company no longer exist
Manager, Provider Enrollment Mid-Atlantic Region (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2017
This company was a subsidiary of BCBS of SC Carolina. It is no longer in business probably for the reasons listed above. Created to process Medicare physicians claims.
Medicare Contractor processing patient claims and appeals
Business Testing Analyst for Medicare Department (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXMarch 22, 2017
TrailBlazer Health Enterprises, LLC. was a great place to work. Unfortunately for me and all of the other employees, we lost our rebid for the Medicare Contract that we had held since 1965.
We were all laid off.
I loved working at Trailblazer's the job was great and I loved all my co-workers.
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 8, 2015
I loved the Flex work schedule Trailblazers offered. I learned lots of new things when working there. It was a nice place to work.
Pros
Flex work schedule
Worked hard while enjoying our day
Manager, Redeterminations Part A and Part B (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasSeptember 29, 2014
A day at TrailBlazer was reviewing workloads to ensure work was being completed accurately and timely. Distributed scanned imagines of correspondence to staff. Attended meetings as needed. Communicated with staff on a daily basis. Helped to conducted research to ensure we were following the guidelines set my the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Attended meetings with government entities on audit findings.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Meetin the ever changing government guidelines
Company Closed
Data Prep Tech (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXMarch 24, 2014
Trailblazer taught me a lot about multi tasking, being organized and having a goal to meet weekly.
Medicare Part B contract.
EDI TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 15, 2013
Unfortunately Trailblazer Health no longer holds the contract for providing prescriber and beneficiary services for Medicare Part B.
Good
Medicare Part B Provider Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at TrailBlazer consisted of constant workflow. Positions required ability to multitask and promoted a team centered environment. I learned the importance of being responsible and accountable for one's work as well as the entire team. The Management of the company provided effective communication to the employees. While working at TrailBlazer I found that some of the work could be challenging. Confidentiality was highly important and adhered to. The most enjoyable
Pros
Great company, flex time
Cons
short breaks
great place to work and test your skills
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXMay 28, 2013
My day began with checking claims that were processed the day before for other edits that failed after they cycled overnight. I would then check our guidelines for changes in Medicare policies. Next I would the assigned work groups starting with paper claims then move on the web claims. I would be assigned group of 50 claims per unit, would continue until work load was finished before I would go on to filing any paperwork or help with other workloads in different states.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
to much talking among co-workers during work hours
TrailBlazer Health Enterprises lost its major contract so is no longer in business
Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2013
A very structure environment, many rules, procedures and regulations
Thinking 'outside the box' was not encouraged.
The hardest part to deal with was the lack of advancement and career development.
The co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
great education assistance for people with only high school
Cons
no longer in business
Fast paced and friendly workplace
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2013
I started as an Entry-Level Accountant and was promoted to the level of Accounting Supervisor. The company recognizes talent and hard work. It is unfortunate that the future of TrailBlazer is in question due to the loss of the Medicare contract.
Pros
wide range of work experiences; good coworkers
Cons
company is probably going out of business

Want to know more about TrailBlazer Health Enterprises, LLC?

Ask a question
Company closed.
PCSP Administrative Associate/Event Coordination (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXFebruary 14, 2013
The company was an excellent place to work with very competitive salaries and advancements. Unfortunately, 100% of TrailBlazer closed due to loss of contract.
TrailBlazer administers the Medicare program for beneficiaries and providers.
Accountant III (Current Employee) –  8330 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75243February 5, 2013
• Prepare monthly invoices and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Review of financial internal controls and analyze Budgets and Forecasts.
• Recognized for strong interpersonal skills and for consistently displaying team building qualities.
• Excellent team work.
• Easily adopting the high tech and fast-paced environments.
Very friendly co-workers and managers ready to provide assistance and advise when needed. Coffee and other hot drinks provided to keep us alert.
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2013
Performed analysis of financial statements and other documents submitted by healthcare providers requesting extended repayment plan to Medicare to determine eligibility and make approval or denial recommendations to management and Medicare.Created and maintained a portfolio of loans. Processed and applied payments to HIGLAS (Medicare's general ledger). Also performed other assigned duties such as IRS levy collection and Credit Balance processing. The hardest part of the job is remembering all the pieces to the puzzle of the collection process but the great part is that if you forgot something, there is always someone to help.
Pros
very good and friendly work envirnment.
Cons
distance i had to travel for work each day.
A productive and fun environment
Senior Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2013
Daily interaction with employees from various areas. Friendly faces. Everyone worked together as a team to keep business successful. Hardest part of job was losing contract.
Excellent place to work!
Director, Claims Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2012
Company is closing. It was a busy place with a congenial culture and dedicated staff.
Excellent company. Only left because job became displaced.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denison, TX 75020December 27, 2012
Typical Day: Managing workload staff.
What I learned: How to motivate staff to achieve required goals.
Management: Direct manager was fantastic to work with.
Co-workers: Very experienced and professional.
Hardest part of job: Demanded long hours frequently.
Most enjoyable: Reaching all required expectations.
Productive and fun workplace.
Congressional Liaison (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXDecember 14, 2012
Very good company with excellent benefits and great people. Too bad we lost our Medicare contract of 40+ years.
Pros
flex time, pto, paid holidays, location
Productive environment and great people to work with.
Senior Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXDecember 12, 2012
I completed my job daily with minimum supervision. I knew what needed to be done and completed it. My co-workers and managment were great to work with. The hardest time at TrailBlazer was when we lost the contract bid to another contractor.
Pros
the building was a great work area, and the breakroom supplies were supplied.
Excellent training and very experienced management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXDecember 6, 2012
I loved working for the company even though I was informed before being hired that the company could close for loss of contract. Up to the last day everyone worked just like they would be there to work tomorrow. Hardest part was having to transfer calls to upper levels for more assistance, I myself hate to be transferred. Most enjoyable was to assist callers with company website and show how they can assist themselves.
Pros
excellent healthcare and earning monthly pto after first month
Cons
short lunch break as breakroom was on other side of building.
excellent work environment
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXNovember 24, 2012
Good place to work, until we lost our contract and we had to close.