Trane Employee Reviews

Great Friendly Environment
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMay 24, 2017
For the short time that I have worked there the employees are willing and able to help. There is a lot to do and you are not overworked. Time management is a plus as there was less supervision on the work i was doing
Pros
Free drinks/coffee, go on a walk
Great and talented people in the Nebraska area
Area Service Manager, Mid-America District (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 23, 2017
Area Service Manager with offices in Omaha, Lincoln & Kearney, NE. I led a team including one Field Operations Manager and 25 technicians servicing our customer's HVAC and Building Automation Systems. I had P&L responsibility and was accountable for the financial success of the Nebraska / Iowa service business.
over all good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 22, 2017
I love the people that worked there I pick up on a lot and moved up fast witch I loved so over all it was a good leaning experience for me I am thankful for the experience
Constant Productivity
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GAMay 20, 2017
Although, people can get paid a lot, a lot of us bust tails just to make ends meet. Much of the work we do is not worth the checks we make, but we have to do it.
fast pace working enviornment
Final Assembly (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GAMay 18, 2017
As any other workplace would, the day usually started out slow. while working there i learned how to assembel and install control plates into the air units. Management usually wasn't a problem, we had three team leaders in my department. The hardest part of the job would be when we were short on staff and having to fill in the best we could. The most enjoyable part to me would be our breaks.
Pros
we were fed on the holidays (free lunch)
Cons
long periods of standing with such short breaks
Great Company
HVAC Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2017
The company and its benefits are great and the people are good. Culture is underachieving much of the time and management does not communicate well. Indeed says I need more characters so here.
Good pay, but not much more.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 17, 2017
I started a couple months ago, the work isn't difficult but the amount of overtime is too much. The building is kept pretty hot, during the summer starting June 1st the AC is turned on.Union based workforce.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too much over time, hot working conditions
good company to work for
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 14, 2017
overall, I enjoyed working for the company. lots of opportunities to learn, nice people to work with, however, management wasn't the greatest. also, la crosse is a beautiful city
Ok work place
Assembly Tech. Production (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 3, 2017
the job was not hard it was that they push unnecessary risk and they pay way to little for a lot of work and they want you to give up family time for overtime.
Love it!
Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 28, 2017
Great experience here - I really miss it. I just didn't like South Carolina. Great coworkers, great perks, great policies with managers who cared. Two thumbs up.
Ok
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 28, 2017
Working at Trane has given me a lot of experience. I have had the opportunity to train under a great journeyman and am ready to move on. I do not believe I get paid enough in a union environment and believe my skills are worth much more than what I am receiving., Upper management is the issue.
Proposal Typist
Proposal and General typist (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIApril 22, 2017
I was the only proposal typist they had. I enjoyed this position but ended up leaving this position for personal reasons in my private life. Company was great to work for.
Good Company
Fin Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 21, 2017
Nice company, l learned alot about the Fin Press and the assembly of coils to make Air Conditioning units. Great benefits and had great moral with lots of company event(Golf,Bowling,Basketball & Softball Leaugues)
100% commissioned sales position
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 19, 2017
This was the start of my career and I was lucky to have a very good local sales manager who made my transition easy. Strong training on products was provided by corporate however there was a make or break atmosphere. Although I did well this is not the right spot for everyone.
Management is poor
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 8, 2017
Fast paced, safe workplace. Environmentally friendly. Workplace environment is juvenile and reminds you of high school Management is not consistent. Some managers show extreme favoritism. Pay is not competitive. Job stability is poor.
intrigung
Production Line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 6, 2017
cant really recall too much it was so long ago all i recall is being a on line and making coils not sure about the culture o how things were know we had breaks every 3 -4 hrs i think
productive workplace
Manufacuring/Productin (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 3, 2017
This is a wonderful job. I would recommend to anyone. They are always there for their there employees. They always have dinners for their employees also.
Fair place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 1, 2017
If you are looking for a good place to work in between more stable jobs then this is a good place to work. The hours are good but the lack of job security is what makes the job a little lack luster.
Quality Manager
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 28, 2017
Managed Quality Department consisting of Supplier Quality Engineers, Quality Engineers and Quality Technicians. Improved the level of Six Sigma on production line.
Trane
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 27, 2017
Trane was a great company to work for. My job was more so loading and pulling orders for out going trucks, but we all pull will-call orders. So I've learned always having good customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trane. Our community is ready to answer.