Trane

Trane Employer Reviews

Company is not employee oriented
Special Projects Liaison/Records Analyst (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMarch 20, 2015
Pros: receiving a paycheck
Cons: going to work daily
This company (or plant specifically) is not employee oriented and does not take care of employees. I did not enjoy working in this "Culture" oriented environment that focuses on other "Cultures" more than they focus on actually creating and implementing policies to make a better work environment for employees. Employees (in the office setting and not the manufacturing plant) that have been there for any amount of time engaged in gossip and other behavior that made working there unpleasant. The personnel who specifically handled HR and Benefits taught me that you can't trust anyone, not even the people that are supposed to be there to assist you. When confronted, "Deny, Deny, Deny" and no one is held accountable. The salary was not worth working in that type of environment.
Great people and great culture to work in.
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKMarch 19, 2015
Pros: travel and healthcare benefits
Cons: software development is slow
At Trane I am on a major nationwide anchor retail store sustainment team. Day to day tasks range from troubleshooter duty for the field technicians nationwide to developing sequences for energy savings to implementing graphic dashboards to a site visit for control system review. Skills I've learned, working on team objectives, communicating ideas and progress reports during weekly meetings, organizational skills managing asbuilt, revision and sequence updates.
Management is fair and work along side the team to accomplish the team objectives.
Co-workers are great and have differing skill sets to round out the team.
The hardest part of the job is learning to adapt to the customer's changing expectations and objectives.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team to accomplish the yearly objectives agreed upon with the customer.
Good culture
Supervisor, Outbound and International Shipping (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 18, 2015
Good company to work for , but long hours we did have fun and the upper management was willing to share their knowledge base
Liked working at Trane
Shipping Crating (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 15, 2015
I liked my job at Trane as a shipping crating associate. I learned a lot and they offer decent pay and benefits. Didn't like that we went on strike while working there but besides that everything else was fine.
fun workplace
Welder Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great money, nice rises, many breaks.
Cons: long hours
you make tons of MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!! they have great people to work with and they approve family working together.. they work with you around your hours.
Highly Recommended
Account Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 11, 2015
Pros: work environment
Great company to work for. Great office culture as well.
Moreover, management will try their best to make sure you are where you need to be.
Nice onsite workout facility.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: we had a patio area for break times.
Cons: it wasn't a smoke free workplace
I learned as a person in a leadership position, that if you treat people with respect you will get respect back in return. I enjoyed working with my crew, because they would work hard to reach our daily goals. I can't recall the job ever really being hard. I enjoyed learning different things about my job and learning to work in other areas.
Great Co workers
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJMarch 6, 2015
Pros: decent salary
Cons: long hours
I worked on scheduling interviews for candidates, typing offer letters and setting them up for their first day. My co-workers were great and very helpful. The hours were very long.
Good Corporate Perks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay, nice people
Cons: work/life balance was not always possible
The local leadership team has worked very hard to build an excellent work culture. Unfortunately the position I was in was exempt from most of those benefits. Not on purpose but it was the nature of being the sole admin in the area. This made the work/life balance difficult.
Great experience
Assembler (Former Employee), Tyler, TxFebruary 19, 2015
This was a good job but for the amount of work that we had to do, the money was not that great. Overall I loved my job and my surroundings.
Trane Company had a good working enviroment
Certified Mig Welder (Former Employee), Clarksville Ten.February 12, 2015
At Trane Company i welded on an assembly line that had a fast pace and high regard for accuracy and quality. while at the company i became a certified mig welder and learned how to keep pace with an assembly line. the team at Trane was very professional and fun to work with. the position required night shift work.
Supervisor/production leader (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 12, 2015
I worked at Trane for 19 years and really enjoyed it at first. Then I was working all of the time and never got to spend time with my family or kids.
The reason I left Trane was because they started working me 7 days a week 12 hours a day and I only got paid for 40 hours.
Nice day to work at Trane
Production Tech III (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: short breaks
Even thou most people run one fin press machine. My Team Leader knows and trust that I can handle running two fin presses. I been running two fin presses for the pass two months. And today was like any other day.
Pretty good place to work
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
Great benefits.
Big company with many opportunities to advance or move around.
Develops employees.
Provides training.
I felt like I was in a extended family
I held many titles (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: fellow employees, great pay and benefits
Cons: hard work.
I spent 19 years at Trane Company and made many new friends. The pay and the benefits were great at the time and the work quality was number one. I was sad when Trane Company moved out of the area and I have taken a lot of experiences that I learned from being an employee there with me.
HR Manager
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great environment
Handled all aspects of HR across the country.
Excellent company and great benefits.
Learned a lot working for this company.
Good low stress job.
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 40 hrs, low stress, pay good for area
Cons: not secure, some laid off every year
This company laid off most of it's workforce in Fort Smith, but it is a good company to work for. The work is tedious but low stress. Rarely over 40 hours a week.
Productive Plant with good working conditions
Temp hire production technician, Duties (Former Employee), 200 Aberdeen LoopJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: 401k, paid time off, air conditioning
Cons: very short breaks, sometimes very long hours (12+) with only three ten minute breaks and one lunch for twenty mins.
A typical day at work would be getting at work by 7:00 AM sharp. Start the day off with reviewing what we did the day before, what accidents happened, what we are doing that current day, and how to prevent accident from occurring. I learned new things on a day to day basis, whether it was picking up a new skill such as brazing or a new form of welding, or learn how to build a different unit. I enjoyed learning everything that I did there in the plant. Management was okay but not as professional as I was hoping for, same goes for the co-workers. I found that people who had been there for a couple of years were practically granted "Tenure" giving them such a feeling of comfortability that they feel they can do anything, or say anything, at any time. The hardest part of the job would be to complete tasks in said tact time. That being said, it was not hard in anyway to do everything I was expected to and then some. The most enjoyable part of that job was teaching people how to use the skill (brazing) I had learned there and the best approaches and techniques for each unit on task.
Program Administrator (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 23, 2014
I liked working there. I wish my contract was not done. I had a good supervisor.
assembly
Production Assembly (Former Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 20, 2014
work on assembly line okay place to work for if you get hired on permanently

1 2 3 4 5

About Trane

Trane runs hot and cold. The subsidiary of Ingersoll-Rand supplies heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to both – Read more

Trane Salaries