Trane Employee Reviews in United States

Overall good place to work.
Senior Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 14, 2016
Good people, good environment. Good work/home balance. Not a lot of advancement options in IT. Downsizing the last few years lead to layoffs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Oncall
Super Company to work for
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 24, 2015
Excellent company, Benefits, Professional, Organized

I enjoyed working for Trane and it's management in St. Paul. Very professional and I lived a very balanced work.home life while working there. Mitch was the best!
Pros
Excellent company, Benefits, Professional, Organized
Cons
i have none - too bad for the economy turndown while working there
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist/Accounting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2015
Had great management team. Had a pleasant work environment. Company Benefits were great. Office Building was great shape.
Ok place to work
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 1, 2016
I enjoyed working there and coming in every day I learned how to assemble air conditioners my co workers were really nice and a pleasure to work with the management wasn't all that great you could point out a safety hazard and tell them someone would get hurt before too long and they never did anything about it till someone got hurt. we used hand held radios to communicate with each other and the actual group leader would call you out over the radio so everyone could hear they made you feel like an idiot infront of everyone and would degrade you infront of everyone. that's the only part I wasn't fond of and it got to a point where people didn't even want to come to work cause of it and even the team leaders that was right under the group leader would step down cause they were tired of being humiliated infront of everyone in person and over the radio.
Pros
fun place to work to a point
Cons
Does not work with you if you are sick, and have to have surgeries, they tell you to file fmla for absents due to illnesses for job security, then tell you several months later fmla did not cover your illness and terminate you.
As a Group Leader I made it my job to make everyone feel like family and not a sweat shop
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJune 21, 2016
On a daily basic we had to make 1300 units sometimes it did seem hard because everybody didn't always come in. What I learned quickly was we are a team we have to work together so if one person missing sometimes GL would step in or even sacrifice one of there workers to bring another worker to the short hand side. Management wasn't to hard because they trusted us. yes we were train on the job but if they ask us a question on why certain moves were made we always had a great excuse and if not management would adjust it but let us know it was a good temporary move. The most enjoyable part was making or production goal and going home proud of not just the goal but of my team/ family.
Pros
Half hr breaks
Cons
Fin Press (machine) goes down
Love my Job
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2016
I was responsible for my vehicle and tools. I had a company phone and a computer which I would log in every day for time sheet and review job duties. I learned much from other technicians. How to trouble shoot and amp readings. Test runs on AC units. Also worked on chillers mostly PMs. I loved my job and loved what I did. Management was great and very helpful. Co workers were kind and very helpful. Everyday was a good day at my job. Thank you.
Pros
Working Independently and wages
Small office, busy
Accounting Assistant/LAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 4, 2015
I enjoyed working in this office and learned quite a bit regarding invoicing. The office was small and only few co-workers. I enjoyed working closely to my supervisor and helping automate many ledgers in the accounting office.
Cons
No benefits
For Trane LAXLBU
Warehouse Supervisor/Cycle Count Analysis (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 30, 2015
For the most part working at Trane LAXLBU was positive and my learning experience with this dynamic group of engineers, operational excellence coaches, quality and production professionals was beneficial.
Pros
Education, benefits
Cons
work load and expectation of upper management
n/a
Material Handler/Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 22, 2015
this is a nationwide company that offer great paying benefits and you have the chance to work with great people and leads. co workers are very friendly and caring
Stressful but enjoyable and rewarding Job
Lead Person / Continuing Improvement Educator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 25, 2016
I perform a variety of tasks at Trane which include team leader,quality inspection, Floater. I operate several manufacturing machinery and equipment.I learn from being assemble brazing to upper management skilled. Majority of my co-workers love me, the hardest part of my job was trying to please everyone. the most enjoyable part of my job was training new employees.
benefits
Cons
when some co-worker did not perform their duties on job been Lazy!!!
unable to balance family life
Forklift Driver/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2015
this company has decent pay but the benefits and additional work life sucks. I don't recommend this job to anyone with a family or a life
Company is not employee oriented
Special Projects Liaison/Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 20, 2015
This company (or plant specifically) is not employee oriented and does not take care of employees. I did not enjoy working in this "Culture" oriented environment that focuses on other "Cultures" more than they focus on actually creating and implementing policies to make a better work environment for employees. Employees (in the office setting and not the manufacturing plant) that have been there for any amount of time engaged in gossip and other behavior that made working there unpleasant. The personnel who specifically handled HR and Benefits taught me that you can't trust anyone, not even the people that are supposed to be there to assist you. When confronted, "Deny, Deny, Deny" and no one is held accountable. The salary was not worth working in that type of environment.
Pros
receiving a paycheck
Cons
going to work daily
Great people and great culture to work in.
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 19, 2015
At Trane I am on a major nationwide anchor retail store sustainment team. Day to day tasks range from troubleshooter duty for the field technicians nationwide to developing sequences for energy savings to implementing graphic dashboards to a site visit for control system review. Skills I've learned, working on team objectives, communicating ideas and progress reports during weekly meetings, organizational skills managing asbuilt, revision and sequence updates.
Management is fair and work along side the team to accomplish the team objectives.
Co-workers are great and have differing skill sets to round out the team.
The hardest part of the job is learning to adapt to the customer's changing expectations and objectives.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team to accomplish the yearly objectives agreed upon with the customer.
Pros
travel and healthcare benefits
Cons
software development is slow
Good pay & benefits, but culture and attitude lacking
MIG welder, Operational Excellence (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 15, 2016
Trane is a production facility that does not require much skill in most jobs. The pay and benefits are good, but the culture of this company is one in need of overhaul. The employees are constantly in contention with management. Employees feel management does not care about the line workers or their opinion and this causes a lot of tension at work. The only way to move up in the company is through union seniority. Those that worked up into supervisory positions often did not last the year before they were dismissed. Management and supervisor turnover was extremely high. Co-workers were pleasant, but were always trying to get out of doing work. The hardest part of the job was enjoying being at work, the atmosphere was one of low morale and complaining. I did enjoy my job welding and working with the line employees in making the jobs more efficient and productive, although changes were often met with doubt and questionable motive as to why the changes were being made. Overall, the employees really felt over worked and un-cared for by management.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management didn't listen, feelings of disrespect and not of worth
Trane
Shipping/Receiving Clerk, Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 9, 2016
Trane gives me the opportunity to grow and learn as much as I can. This company offers me the opportunity to move in any direction I may want to when it comes to advancement and job location.
Pros
Co-workers, location, hours
Cons
Distance, Travel
Trane
Area Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 1, 2016
The purchase of Trane by Ingersoll-Rand unfortunately has created an environment of unrealistic revenue and operating income growth projections for the senior leadership teams...

Trane has great HVAC Water and Air-side products but the financial goal expectation(s) have set the stage for a unstable long-term employment environment due to the over-riding need to reduce internal costs...
great place to work!!
Hvac (Current Employee) –  sparrows point mdAugust 18, 2015
Its a great team at trane rental services. I get to work on all types of there large commercial equipment. Great benifits and lots of room to grow
Trane overall is a good place to work.
production worker (Current Employee) –  Rushville, INJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoy the work environment at Trane and I think they have a good group of people who work there. The cons are is there is no room to advance and due to the cost of living overtime is a must and it is rare to get any at Trane.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Advancement and No availaible overtime
aA very safety oreinted place to work and they cae about their empolyees
fortlift and tugger operator (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GAMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at work for me is very productive. The people are very nice and generous once you get to know them. At Trane there's a lot to learn for instance brazing running the maspec and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting alone with co-workers and getting the job done at the same time.
Intersting inside to Trane products
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
Everyone has seen the Trane logo. It was interesting to see how products worked.
One time travel to document new product.
My manager lived in Texas and flew in to join me to review the new product.
Weekly team meetings were over speaker phone.
Pros
Seeing how products worked.
Cons
Team meetings over speaker phone.