www.transperfectlegal.com www. digitalreefinc.com
TransPerfect Family of Companies
Datacenter Operations Engineer
For almost 20 years, TransPerfect has provided comprehensive language and technology solutions to help our clients communicate and conduct business more effectively in a global marketplace. Equipped with a quality management system certified to both the ISO 9001:2008 and EN 15038:2006 standards, TransPerfect provides a full array of language and business support services, including translation, interpretation, multicultural marketing, website globalization, subtitling, voiceovers, staffing services, multicultural marketing, training and learning, and legal support services. TransPerfect also offers a suite of cutting edge technologies that significantly reduce costs and improve consistency throughout the translation process, making TransPerfect the vendor of choice for the world's leading multinationals.
With revenues of over $300 million and more than 2,000 full-time employees, TransPerfect is the largest privately held language services provider in the world. And with more than 80 client service locations on 5 continents, TransPerfect offers 24/7/365 client service and production capabilities. We attribute our growth to the skill, aptitude, and commitment of our high caliber employees. Put simply, we hire the most talented candidates and give them the guidance, resources, and opportunities they need to grow their careers in a thriving industry.
About TransPerfect Legal Solutions
TransPerfect Legal Solutions (TLS) is an industry leader in global legal support. Founded in 1992, TLS offers a full suite of services, including digital forensics and eDiscovery, web-based hosting and review, legal staffing, language services, court reporting, and paper discovery and production. With offices in 80 cities across 5 continents, TLS is a trusted partner for every Am Law 200 and Global 100 law firm, as well as the majority of Fortune 500 corporate legal departments. For more information, visit www.transperfectlegal.com.
About Digital Reef
Named a Market Leader in IDC’s 2011 MarketScape of stand-alone ECA applications, Digital Reef is a leading eDiscovery software provider helping corporations, law firms, and litigation support service providers with their largest and most complex eDiscovery matters.
We are currently seeking a Datacenter Operations Engineer to work at our datacenter in Reston, VA.
- Primary care and feeding of hardware, software, network and security appliances in 100 sq foot cage.
- Daily monitoring of datacenter equipment including Linux, Windows, BlueArc NAS, network and firewall appliances using Solar Winds systems.
- Hardware management, trouble shooting and installation / upgrades, including power utilization and bandwidth utilization monitoring.
- Network security, monitoring and troubleshooting
- BlueArc NAS operation
- Systems operation of Digital Reef grid and associated infrastructure
- Systems operation of Windows server environment.
- Systems operation of Relativity environment running Windows and IIS.
- Systems operation of SQL environment and consolidation to a server farm.
- Systems management / operation of VMWare systems running Litigation support systems.
- Systems operation of DNS, SendMail, FTP (secure and regular)
- Support of office IT infrastructure
- Support data production from an IT perspective when needed.
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or related discipline, certifications are a plus.
- Minimum 6 years IT experience in a datacenter environment
- Detailed understanding of Linux server environments including kernel, networking and security.
- Detailed understanding of Windows server environments including networking and security
- Detailed understanding of CISCO / Dell routers / switches and SonicWall firewalls.
- Prior use of Solar Winds operational monitoring a distinct advantage
- Experience in Litigation Support / Legal services a distinct advantage.
- System operation of BlueArc NAS devices a distinct advantage.
- Rack and stack of equipment including organized fiber and Ethernet cable patching.
- Professional, hard working, positive attitude with a willingness to learn and apply multiple technologies.
- Good listening, written and oral communication skills with the ability and interest in delivering exceptional customer service to the user community.
- Work effectively in a team environment and demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Quick learner with strong analytical, problem solving skills that can produce quality work in a timely fashion.
- Time & work management skills that involve prioritizing multiple tasks and maintaining an organized, clean work space to effectively deliver results.
- Demonstrate high levels of motivation and initiative and is comfortable in a high paced, get it done environment.
- Solid potential with personal interest to develop self and expand role within the IT organization.
- Demonstrated interest in computer technology as evidenced through course work, extracurricular activities, and/or prior work experience.
- On-call availability
- Respond to system alerts, alarms and incidents.
- Capable of lifting / racking servers and other datacenter equipment.
TransPerfect is an equal opportunity employer.
TransPerfect offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time-off, company sponsored life insurance, long term disability, flexible spending account options, and a pro-active and accessible HR department that focuses on the staff’s health and happiness.
To be considered for this position you must provide your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.