We are looking for a strong Java programmer to help enhance a Point of Sale system for independent pharmacies. POS and or credit card processing experience is desired, but not required. The developer will work on short and long term projects in small team or as an individual. The team will be responsible for all aspects of projects including requirements gathering, design, programming, initial testing, deployment and ongoing enhancements and maintenance. Projects will range from bug fixes, to quick enhancements to complete new modules or products. The projects will be both challenging and very rewarding. The candidate must have recent experience in Java programming and meet all the required skill outlined below. The position is full time and long term.
We are a fast growing technology company with over 4,000 independent pharmacy customers throughout the US. Our products rank number 1 in sales growth in our industry. We are located in Ocoee, Fl (SW Orlando) area. We offer great benefits, a great working environment (in a new building) and performance based bonuses. Full benefits including health, dental and disability insurance plus extremely generous retirement fund contributions and bonuses. Check out www.rx30.com to see what great things we’ve been doing for over 30 years.
- 3+ years of Java coding.
- Java Swing
- Writing SQL to retrieve and store data in relation databases
- Programming on Windows using IDEs
- Application system design and architecture experience
- Ability to Self Manage individual projects
- Work well in small teams
- Good software documentation habits
- Excellent communication skills with coworkers and customers
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
Desired but not required Skills:
- Technical Lead
- NetBeans or other IDEs
- PostgreSQL and or Oracle Database experience
- Client / server programming
- Socket level programming
- Apache, Tomcat
- Shell Scripting
- Source Code Control systems
- Point Of Sale Experience
- Credit Card Charge Processing experience
- Pharmacy Experience (a former clerk, tech, pharmacist, etc)
- Pharmacy / Health Care Industry software development experience