TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

Bad place...All around
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 16, 2018
This is really called transcam for a reason.....Horrible place....Run and don't look back...Dead serious....If you don't want to make money and don't want to go home....Come to them....
Pros
Cons
Everything is bad at transcam
February 19, 2018

We’re sorry to hear that TransAm Trucking was not a good fit for you. TransAm Trucking is an long haul carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry. Long haul trucking is a lifestyle. We wish you luck with your future endeavors!

Ok place
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 8, 2018
The job is what u make it. It you put in the work then you will succeed. Meaning if you put in half the effort then that's what u will get. But if you work hard then u will get that.
February 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Working with our company drivers and independent contractors to help them achieve their goals is important to us. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company. If you have any suggestions on how to improve, please contact your Driver Manager or email us at transam@transamtruck.com. Thank you and make it a safe day!

Aweful
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 1, 2018
Now here is a company that doesn't give you miles and the pay if really very bad. The only thing they got going for them are the trucks which they are great
February 5, 2018

We are disappointed to learn about your negative experience. As an over-the-road company, we want to help keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so they can succeed. We’re sorry you felt like this wasn’t the case for you. If you would like us to address your specific concerns, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

Most awful experience ive ever had.
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 29, 2018
I will not wish this place on my worst enemy. The pay is terrible the communication is terrible and the home time is hit or miss. They try to intimidate you every chance they get or threaten to fire you.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Too much down time, pay is low, no communication.
January 31, 2018

We are sorry you had this experience. TransAm Trucking employs the use of a mobile communications system in each truck so we can communicate with our drivers. We encourage our company drivers and independent contractors to communicate their needs to their Driver Manager. Their Driver Manager has the skills and resources to help drivers be successful. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

So you said you wanted to drive trucks
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 27, 2018
Truck driving reminds me of the story when your boss pulls up to work in a brand new Maserati. You explain "wow that's a sweet car." Your boss replies "If you work hard, put all your hours in, and strive for excellence I'll buy another one next year." TransAm is no different. There is no way for them to lose if you chose to lease these trucks and trust they long to exploit that option the very second you walk on the bus in training. All that being said I am a lease driver and I am mildly successful in my venture. Average 2800-3200 miles a week. Rarely sit around, the one major thing I like about this company. Average around $800-900 a week and it's worse in winter. Trucks hate the cold weather so my MPGs are at an all time low. Forget about home time if you want to be successful make sure you are good to be out 6-10 weeks at a time. Trucks are governed at 64mph yet my cruise only sets to 63mph. Either way I only drive 62mph for optimal fuel economy. Hope you like the NE cause you will be well acquainted in no time. DriveCam is one of the more pestering parts of this job. Wind also blows (pun intended) when it comes to fuel economy. Basically you can do everything right and still not make a lot dependent on weather conditions and weight of load. Speaking of which you will always be at least 40k or more. Every trailer looks like it went through a meat grinder. But with that being said equipment is top of the line Utility trailers and TK reefers and APU. DirecTv is pretty nice to have as well. All in all you gotta make the most out of your time and not focus on the negatives (easier  more... some days than others.)  less
Pros
Equipment, Rarely sitting, Experience
Cons
Wages, DriveCam, and Bad looking trailers
January 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with TransAm Trucking. We recognize that truck driving is a noble profession and want to help make life over-the-road more livable for our drivers. This is why we offer our drivers benefits like the DIRECTV package and top-of-the-line equipment. We want to work with you to help you achieve your goals. Please reach out to your Driver Manager if you have any further suggestions on how we can continue to improve. Thank you and make it a safe day.

Decent place.
Driver. (Current Employee) –  In my truckJanuary 27, 2018
This place ain't to bad. Ive working here for a month. I'm currently been sitting for over 24 hours. Not complaining. I slept for 18 of em. Probably needed it. I'm otr but wanna get on Texas regional. Hint hint. The pay is what they said it would be. I wished they paid detention pay and for all I know they might. Their gas card/ cash advance system / check system kinda different. Man it's a job and it pays. My wife wants to come with me so I had to think quick on my feet. I said sorry baby no women allowed.
Pros
Your left alone. TV. Cable.
Cons
I'm sure theirs something.
January 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear you are enjoying the DIRECTV package. If you have any questions about our fuel card, please contact your Driver Manager. Thank you and make it a safe day!

Trans Scam!!!
Lease Operator OTR truck driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 25, 2018
trans am is really in the business of leasing trucks to its new , inexperienced drivers fresh out of school. They want you to lease their trucks the problem is they don't pay enough per mile to cover your expenses and truck payment so its very easy to fall into a negative hole. ok starter company if you want to get into your own truck fast (training is a week out on the road with a mentor) but DO NOT LEASE!!! drive company
Pros
fast training
Cons
lease program
January 30, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concerns. TransAm Trucking offers company driver and independent contractor positions to our new drivers. It is up to the driver to determine which one works best for their lifestyle. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com. Thank you and make it a safe day.

Just a starter
Commercial driver as Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 25, 2018
It's a place to start your career in Commercial driver. Not the best place to continue a career at.
Management has their hands tied, can't get the miles.
They don't go into all 48 states.
Pros
Good trucks, Kw
Cons
High payments as a lease driver.
January 26, 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We at TransAm Trucking want to keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so they can continue to make money. We value truck drivers and the noble profession of truck driving.

Good place if you have no experience
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 24, 2018
Not a bad place if you have no experience. You won't know you're being screwed that way.
This place is a joke!!! They try to talk everyone into leasing an overpriced truck and most fail within a couple months. If you don't fall for that and become a company driver they expect you to sit and wait all the time. 1500 miles a week doesn't make much of a paycheck at 32 cents a mile. They promise you the world but stick it in your back side. Oh talk with your driver manager. That's no help either. Oh and when you leave. They will not provide transportation to get you to the airport, bus terminal or any place you need to go. This is a chickenshit company to work for. 34 years in the industry and worst I've ever been associated with
Pros
Notta
Cons
Low pay, not much for hometime, just a not a good place to work.
January 26, 2018

We are disappointed to hear about your negative experience and appreciate you voicing your concerns. TransAm Trucking focuses on making life over the road more livable. With programs like our tuition reimbursement and our DIRECTV package, we strive to give back to our drivers. We wish you luck in the future.

Ok place for getting experience, but if you care about what you do and want to succeed in a team environment, PASS on this place.
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 14, 2018
As a driver manager you are there to take heat from drivers, nothing more. Youll be managed through attrition. Some departments seem to have decent supervision, but not fleet Management. After actual supervisor, it is all President's daughter (need I say more).I Youll leave work in a bad mood everyday and all co-workers talk about is getting experience to leave. You are a buffer between planning/ leasing/settlements and drivers. Try to make drivers successful? You can try, but this place is built against the driver (take care of a few drivers and forget the rest). From the lease to 100 driver fleets to the sink/swim approach, the driver manager is put in a no win situation from day one. Transam says all the right things, but their actions are anything but Noble. They wonder why all new drivers leave while at the same time keep doing what pushes everyone out. Drivers are a dime a dozen, but when the worst drivers stop coming to transam, doesn't that say all you need to know? Everything here is designed to funnel money from driver to top. No need to listen to a review though, come find out for yourself. Just don't bring friends or you'll lose them too.
Pros
Pto, 401k
Cons
Management, toxic working environment
January 15, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concerns. We believe listening to our employees helps us create a better working environment for our employees. If you would like to discuss specific ideas on how we can improve, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com. Thank you and make it a safe day.

Poor company to work for
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 11, 2018
Very poor company to work for.
All drivers are now required to purchase the trucks, or lease the truck for the company.
Company makes money off the lease purchase driver.
January 15, 2018

TransAm Trucking offers company driver and independent contractor positions. It is the driver’s choice to determine which one works best for their lifestyle.

Lease Purchase not for the poor
Lease Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 10, 2018
Lease One was double-dipping into my weekly paycheck and I was losing more money than what I was taking home. Lease Purchasing is for those who have money in the Bank for a backup.
Pros
Great Starter
Cons
Not for all Drivers
January 11, 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience in leasing equipment. TransAm Trucking is a long haul carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry. TransAm Trucking does not lease trucks. If you need additional clarification, please email transam@transamtruck.com.

Clarence Hampton
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 9, 2018
I was talked into a lease purchase program being a new driver wound up paying more then I made

Lots of hungry bites long days and not enough work for drivers
Pros
Hotel Stay driver managers
Cons
Training choice of driver
January 10, 2018

Hello, Clarence. We are disappointed to learn about your negative experience. At TransAm Trucking, we offer both company driver and independent contractor opportunities. It is the driver’s choice to determine which one works best for their lifestyle. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Drivers care level
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 7, 2018
They are not in tune with the drivers' daily needs and will at times place and driver health in jeopardy and have poorly maintained vehicles with a weak maintenance crew.
Pros
Cons
driver managers don't pay attention to drivers needs
January 8, 2018

At TransAm Trucking, we value truck drivers and the noble profession of truck driving. This is why we provide our company drivers with Kenworth trucks equipped with the PACCAR MX engine which is fuel efficient, environmentally friendly and very quiet. All trucks have condo cabs, dual bunks, refrigerators, CD players, Auxiliary Power Units, inverters and are satellite radio-equipped. We would like to address your specific concerns in more detail. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

Bad Company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJanuary 4, 2018
I worked for Transam trucking for 3 months as a company driver. Company doesn't pay for holidays even if you work on Holidays. I worked Thanksgiving ,Christmas , New Year's no holiday pay on my check. The checks are around 500-600 weekely working 65-70 hours weekly that's like getting paid less than 10$ hourly if you do the math. You average 1900 -2400 miles weely. Transam only pays zip code to zip code so there will be a reduction on miles you drive around 30-90 mile reduction per trip.There's alot of waiting to get unloaded(2-4 hours of waiting)and it eats your clock up fast. Home time is four days out the month which is not alot. Trucks are the slowest in the industry all other trucks from different companies will pass you on the highway. Transam trucks only go up to 62 mph. Trucks feels like it has no horsepower going up a hill. My truck had problems since day one It always got stuck on gears and not properly shifting I always had to reset the truck in other for it to work. I only suggest this company for begginers once you get around 3 + months of experience move on. I moved on to a different company after my 3 months which pays alot more than Transam.
Pros
Experience
January 8, 2018

Every trucking company is different. It is up to the driver to determine which company works best for their lifestyle. TransAm Trucking is a long haul carrier in the refrigerated freight industry. We serve the Midwest, Mid-South, Northeast, Southeast, and Florida. Since our drivers spend a great deal of time over the road, we try to help make their lives more livable with our great equipment and free DIRECTV programs. If you would like to discuss your concerns, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.

its okay
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 2, 2018
it was okay i liked it driving state to state seeing different things if i could go back i will the trucks are awsome everything in it tv cable and a/c
January 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our mission is to further the noble purpose of truck driving, which is why we provide our drivers with the equipment they need to make life more livable while over the road.

Wheels never stop
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXDecember 29, 2017
You have to abandon your home and drive day and night to get a check. If you go home you can kiss your check goodbye. You have to drive every day and you’ll never be home. They have a camera in the truck that invades your privacy. But you can make good money if you stay in your truck.
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Never home
January 2, 2018

TransAm Trucking is a long haul carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry. We serve the Midwest, Mid-South, Northeast, Southeast, and Florida. We have one regional fleet in the Dallas, TX area but the rest of our fleet is over-the-road traveling long distances. For further clarification on our home time policy, please contact your Driver Manager or you can contact us at transam@transamtruck.com. Thanks for choosing TransAm and drive safe!

Truck Administrator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 28, 2017
I worked in the shop office for 2 years. I enjoyed my time there and miss working there. Typical day was spent around good people, assisting drivers, doing admin work.
Pros
Great work environment
December 29, 2017

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate the time you spent with us and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Always have loads never sitting
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 13, 2017
Great place would love to go back one day. Always have loads. Apu direct tv Sirius radio. Nice Kenworth trucks. Only downfall is company drivers do a lot of trailer swapping
December 22, 2017

Thank you for sharing your TransAm Trucking experience. We offer our drivers great equipment because we want to help make their over the road experience more livable. Truck drivers are noble people.

You pay them to drive
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 9, 2017
First 2 weeks are nice but only because you don't have a truck payment. My last settlement was a negative. As far as getting you home I ask d twice and was denied both times even though it was an emergency. If you can live in your truck and on less than $100 a week this is a company you can get experience with. I recommend if you are just starting out go as a company driver
Pros
Plenty of miles
Cons
You're paying them to run the miles
December 11, 2017

We at TransAm Trucking want to keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so they can continue to make money. We want to work with them to help them achieve their goals. Communication is a big part of truck driving. Good communications ensures everyone has the tools they need to succeed. We would like to address your specific concerns in more detail. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

2.6

Career Opportunities
1.2

Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight