TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

Do not go here just hit yourself in head with a hammer
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 14, 2017
If you like paying someone to work for them, go to Trans Am. If you want to be tricked into a lease, go to Trans Am.

I have worked for them almost 2 mo. And have made 420 one check 850 one check, rest were -64, -115, -450, so if you do not want to make money, go to Trans Am.

Just hit yourself in the head with a hammer and have the same experience without owing money.

They also don't tell you that you have to pay them back for hotel and transportation if you leave before 90 days.

As a lease driver, I owed $1008 a week before I drove my first mile. Then I have to pay for gas as well.

If you are company, there will be no work in winter.

So, please do not come to this company. In the 2.5 months since I started my training and was placed in a truck in 19 days, there have been over 200 people turn in their trucks and quit. They only have about 1,000 drivers so you do the math.

I'll be quitting as soon as I make enough to get a ticket home.
October 17, 2017

Please let us try to help you! We want to help our company drivers and independent contractors reach their goals and be successful. Please contact your Driver Manager so we can address the issues you are experiencing and work together towards a solution. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Hidden items in your pay
Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Olathe Kansas OTRSeptember 20, 2017
They say you make $0.84 a mile but then they want to lease you the truck and charge you for maintenance and charger for tires and charging for oil and charging for everything they can charge you for so you wind up not making nothing in the six months I drove through them I was able to send $200 home one time
Pros
Job experience
Cons
They don't pay well
September 22, 2017

Running your own business as an independent contractor can be challenging. At TransAm Truck, we want to work with our independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. We are always looks for ways to improve and listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us create a better trucking company. We wish you luck in your future undertakings.

Good for homeless felons with no other options in life
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 19, 2017
GOD give us all the ability to recognize truth when we see or hear it and this is my truth.. This company helped me only by letting me borrow the truck. I had to drive long hours for pennies. It's a good company for ex convicts to get their foot in the door...I made good and bad checks but I cried so many nights wishing i could find something better in life..this company don't care..Amen
Pros
I received experience to move on
Cons
No money..its easy to owe them
September 20, 2017

Thank you for voicing your concerns. We believe trucking is noble because it is a universal profession - bringing all types of people together and serving everyone throughout the nation. This is why TransAm Trucking wants to help our company drivers and independent contractors achieve their goals. We are sorry this company was not the right fit for you. We wish you the best as you continue on your trucking journey.

This job sucks! Don't come here !
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 14, 2017
This job does not explain everything in orientation! Had a $2200 check but only brought home $700! They did not explain what all the deductibles were . Driver management does not contact workers. Settlement gives you the run around. This place is not the ideal company. They will sweet talk you into coming but treat you horrible! I was in the lease purchase program and started having problems with the truck the first day I took it out. Haven't had the truck for a good two weeks and my truck has been in the shop 3 times. And I'm still having the same problem!
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Wages, Management
August 16, 2017

Thank you for voicing your concerns. At TransAm Trucking, we want to work with our independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. We’re sorry a partnership with TransAm didn’t work out. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

They Are Really Out To Make Money Off You
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 14, 2017
They say they don't push the lease but thats what they want you to do. The lease traps you that's how they make the money to pay for the trucks thsy claim its a walk away lease but youll get billed after you walk away stating what you owe them. Trucks are good if you like auto kws t680. They bait you in with the free tv apu and fridge. If youre not experienced go company that way youll learn first its made for drivers who already know how to manage owner operator positions. Makegood money training but its stressful being out there 60-65 days before you get a chance to go home. Ask alot of questions about youre accounts with your tal and escrows ask about uncapping and lifestyle lease programs
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Lease program
August 24, 2017

At TransAm Trucking, we offer drivers the choice to become independent contractors. We want to work with our company drivers and independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. We are disappointed to hear that you feel this was not the case in your situation. We wish you luck in the future.

Delivery
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 9, 2017
It's a good place to work, the pay is decent. I didn't go home much because I love to say out on the road. The driver manager I had was good to keep me moving and the wheels rolling
Pros
Free meals breakfast and lunch
Cons
NOT much bad to say
August 24, 2017

Thank you for your positive review. At TransAm Trucking, we value truck drivers and the noble profession of truck driving. We appreciate you that you chose to drive for TransAm Trucking.

Good place to start
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 8, 2017
Good place to start and get your experience. Nice trucks. Don't bother driving for them if you have any experience. Much better companies out there.
August 24, 2017

Every trucking company has its merits. At TransAm Trucking, we believe trucking is a noble profession and truck drivers are noble people. We thank you for choosing to drive with TransAm Trucking. Good luck in the future!

Trash
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 20, 2017
I wouldn't waste my time with this company. Dispatchers are horrible people that don't seem to understand anything of what truck driver goes through. i
July 21, 2017

We are disappointed to learn about your negative experience. At TransAm Trucking, we value truck drivers and the noble profession of truck driving. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company. We are always looking for ways to improve. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

The Overall Planning of the Trucking Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 19, 2017
Transam is a Nationally Known Trucking company. Transam makes the best effort to make the truck industry sustain a delivery service to the consumer depot station on time. I was absolutely proud to work Transam Trucking and would enjoy working the company anytime any day.
Pros
Good Pay and Fast Return to Road Mileage
Cons
Better Mechanic Station
July 20, 2017

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate the time you spent with TransAm Trucking because trucking is a noble profession. Truck drivers are noble people. We wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Eh kinda company
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 6, 2017
Not that great for long term but good for starting you career and getting your foot in the door it's an ok place to work night dispatch blows but daytime driver managers are great and miles are good
Pros
Ok work environment, miles
Cons
No hometime like ever lol
August 24, 2017

Thank you for voicing your concerns. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company.

great place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 2, 2017
Over the road driver, get info of the trip plan trip preform pre and post trip inspections ,go get freight from shipper and delivered to consignee travel from state to state
Pros
Seeing Different towns
Cons
staying away from love ones
August 24, 2017

Thank you for sharing your TransAm Trucking experience! We appreciate hearing from our company drivers and independent contractors.

Just a anverage service shop
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 29, 2017
All you do is service fleet trucks. Get the truck ready for the new drivers. Complete the factory advised pm's on the trucks. Don't need a whole lot of experice to work there but its a start.
Pros
easy work
Cons
want you to work day and night all the time
July 5, 2017

TransAm’s maintenance shops provide in-house maintenance for our fleet. Safety is important and preventative maintenance plays a large part. We thank all of our shop personnel for their hard work and assistance in keeping us rolling.

Dont even think about working for transam
driver competencies (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 20, 2017
I started with transam as a company driver and for a month and a half my pay check were no more then $250 a week they always had me sitting and wen i kept on asking for more miles they would tell me to lease. So i finally sign a lease and now i get no paychecks the minute u go home u will be owing transam money just the truck payment alone its 1000 a week not counting fuel and etc.. Yes there trucks a nice and it has about everything in it but at what cost save yourself time n money n go somewhere else cuz this is the biggest mistake I have ever done. If u have nothing n no bills then this is the job for you...
Pros
Trucks are nice
Cons
Everthing
June 26, 2017

We at TransAm Trucking want to keep you moving so you can continue to make money. We want to work with you to help you achieve your goals. Please contact your Driver/Business Manager to discuss how we can better work for you.

Ok work place
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 16, 2017
Loved the job. Cause it was some new to me hauling refrigerated trailors with diff rents kinds of meat and this to different customers learning how to set different temps on the refer to keep the meats and drinks cold until I unload at customers
August 24, 2017

Thank you for sharing the review. We are glad hear TransAm Trucking helped you along in your trucking career.

Poor Managed Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 15, 2017
The recruiters here tell u that you'll get a truck that's waiting for u in the yard after orientation to roll out and do your job. But when u get there after orientation they send u out to retrieve a truck that another driver dropped off somewhere. I was against it after orientation and I told them that. I said I didn't sign up to go retrieve trucks for the company. So they set me up in a motel thinking I was going to get a truck that was in the yard the next day. So they still sent me out to retrieve a truck anyway the next day. So I go out to retrieve the truck. I was already having issues with that truck. So it went in the shop for five days. I went to go pick it up and took it out on the road and the steering was shaking worse than when it went into the shop the first time. So to make a long story short they had me retrieve three trucks in all for two months and all of the trucks were doing the same exact thing or worse and also had a lot of the instrument lights that were on also. I was in the shop for two months when I was with this company and maybe got to be on the road for two weeks getting paid.
Pros
Cons
They need to clean house and get better management and recruiters that know what there doing.
August 24, 2017

We are sorry to learn about your negative experience. TransAm company drivers drive top-of-the-line equipment. We’re proud to be a Kenworth fleet, with the average vehicle age under 2 ½ years old. Because they are safer and easier to operate, we’ve invested in automatic transmissions for every truck on the lot.

Not fun or productive
Driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 20, 2017
Been here over 3 yrs and no advancement, going backwards. The lease is not the way to go. They always get "Their cut" out of the miles you run. Always minus 150 to 200 miles.
August 24, 2017

Thank you for voicing your concerns. Truck drivers are noble people and we want to work with you to help you achieve your goals as a truck driver. If you have ideas about how we can improve our service, please contact your Driver Manager.

Stressful company to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 16, 2017
Not a great company to drive for at all. Very hard to get in contact with supervisors and management. If wouldn't recommend this company to anyone at all.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
August 24, 2017

We are disappointed to hear about your negative experience. Communication is very important which is why TransAm Trucking offers several ways for drivers to reach out to their Driver Managers. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us create a better trucking company.

Not a fun nor good place to work.
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 15, 2017
Still an infant company with all the pitfalls and then some. There are better freight brokerages to work for. Management is schizo. Employees do not stay long.
August 24, 2017

We appreciate your review, but it appears this comment has been placed on the incorrect page. This page belongs to TransAm Trucking. We are a trucking company founded in 1987 and are a premier carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry. We kindly request you remove this review as it does not pertain to TransAm Trucking.

Good equipment, bad company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 15, 2017
Almost no communication between dm and driver, mess up hometime often, the way they do your days home is total bs and not fair to the driver at all. Only cool thing is per diem is done at the pay level, you get paid x amount on paper and the other 12 cents is non taxable
Pros
Per diem straight from pay
Cons
little communication, hometime is bs, half of the drivers wont relay a load
August 24, 2017

At TransAm Trucking, we understand that your time at home is important to you. For company drivers, all we need is an eight-day notice and upon approval, we will get you home when you want.

Got to dee the country
Driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 10, 2017
It's ok to start your driving career the pay is low and you sit a lot..they have really good equipment and keep it up..company driver is the way to go
Pros
Good starting place to drive
Cons
Low pay
May 11, 2017

Being a truck driver is a noble profession. One of the perks of being a long haul driver is being paid to travel the country. We're glad you choose to travel with TransAm Trucking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8