TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

Driver Manager
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 13, 2016
I like my job because I get to be off for a whole week every other week and it works with my family's schedule. Not everybody can handle working 7 days in a row or the 12 hour shifts but if you're on the night schedule its not so bad because its not as busy as the days. We get incentives for getting our drivers to drive which most want to anyway so its all just extra money pretty much. My boss is pretty cool doesn't yell or micromanage or any of that. Coworkers are pretty cool for the most part but you can run into some with bad attitudes like you do anywhere else.
Pros
Incentives, schedule, boss
Cons
sitting at desk for 12 hours

Comment – November 28, 2016

Thank you for your feedback, We believe listening to our employees helps us create a better working environment for our employees.

A good job if your not looking for a handout
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  KC Estates, TXNovember 22, 2016
These people are all winers who couldn't handle being a trucker.the reason you only see negative comments on here is because someone just couldn't cut it.they bit off more than they could chew.p probably heard that truck driving was a high paying job and thought they hit the lotery,sorry your bubble got busted.
Pros
Get to live the dream, with comfort and style
Cons
What more could you ask for

Comment – November 28, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you choosing TransAm Trucking.

run away from this company
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 12, 2016
I went to this company after working for CR England and didn't think things could get worse.......they did.
The pay for lease operators is wayyyyyy less then the pay for company drivers after all the hidden charges.
You are told company drivers get miles after the lease drivers but all of them I talked to out on the road got
More miles then me......if you think you are not going to be force dispatched think again....they will tell you the load you
You passed on is all they have and will make you sit til you take it.....do yourself a favor and work for another company.
Pros
Cons
to many to list

Comment – November 4, 2016

Thank you for voicing your concerns. We at TransAm Trucking want to keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so they can continue to make money. We want to work with our company drivers and independent contractors to help them achieve their goals.

Good Place to get started.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 18, 2016
Nice Equipment
All Automatics
Steady Consistent Miles
Will spend at least 3 weeks out before hometime.
Decent Pay
May Choose between Company Driver or Lease Operator
Pros
Good equipment(older trucks are still nice), nice long haul loads, lots of drop-hook.
Cons
Lots of time away, miles will be preferred toward lease-operators

Comment – November 28, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We believe listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us create a better company.

Very poorly lease program
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXNovember 18, 2016
too many relays, somehow they figured that no matter how many miles you drive you always end up in the
red, their training program is basically a team driving where you drive and instructor sleeps. When your 10 hours of driving is up you sleep and then try and there's no interaction and critiquing your driving skills

Comment – November 23, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. At TransAm Trucking, we value truck drivers and the noble profession of truck driving. We strive to understand what company driver and independent contractor values in a transportation company.

Run!!!!This company is bs
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2016
I currently work for this company. They are a joke. They make it seem like you are getting a lot of perks by dealing with them. They get you to try and sign a lease with a truck and try and make it seem like they're going to give you the miles to pay for. THEY'RE NOT. They're going to leave you places for days with no detention pay. They make you pay for your own home time plus the gas to get home... They tell you there lease is a walk away lease but when you put your two week notice in they short your miles so you leave owing them.. BEWARE OF TRANS AM

Comment – November 4, 2016

We are sorry you had this experience. TransAm Trucking takes the noble profession of truck driving very seriously. We strive to work with our company drivers and independent contractors and help keep them moving so they can continue to make money. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company.

Dont go
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 24, 2016
Push you into beatdown trucks..trailers are ragedy..dispatchers sabatoge each other..all kinds of hidden fees..load arrival times given are incorrect..bad directions..safety will go into your clock and take fuel time away even at the cost of defaulting your 30 min break without notice so you run out of time in route IN the middle of traffic...fORGET trans am..DO NOT..I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO THIS COMPANY
Pros
DVR CABLE AND FRIDGE
Cons
THE COMPANY

Comment – November 14, 2016

We take safety very seriously. This is why TransAm Trucking tractor fleet consists of equipment with an average age of only 30 months. We also have a team to help our company drivers and independent contractors stay compliant with their Hours of Service. We want to work with our company drivers and independent contractor to help them be successful.

Comment – November 17, 2016

Just a starter company
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 13, 2016
I worked for this company for 6 weeks, my truck started to brake down, first week and every week after. They made me pay for all repairs, even though they were suppose to the first 30days. Such a bad experience, I truly hope they belly up.
Pros
A job
Cons
Everthing

Comment – November 14, 2016

Thank you for voicing your concerns. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company.

Comment – November 17, 2016

We are disappointed you had a negative experience. At TransAm, we want to work with our company drivers and independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company.

Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66062July 27, 2016
A typical day OTR Driving consist of allot of mental and being away from family and friends an can take a toll on a person. the company treated us really great.i learned allot of backing up and docking skills and also how to maneuver through certain road condition and obstacles

Comment – December 7, 2016

Thank you for your feedback! And thank you for choosing TransAm Trucking.

terrible
current otr driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 5, 2016
start up company for new drivers or anyone one with a record, DO NOT SIGN A LEASE, they make you feel like you're doing something wrong if you don't sign a LEASE but trust me that's not the road you want to go down with this company. DO NOT SIGN AS A LEASE DRIVER
Pros
Orientation, the training period is short and they keep you in nice rooms.
Cons
everything

Comment – November 4, 2016

Thank you for voicing your concerns. TransAm Trucking offers opportunities to driver who want to be either company drivers or independent contractors. We want to work with our company drivers and independent contractors to help them achieve their goals.

Did not work long enough
Supervisor Terry (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 14, 2016
I did not work at TransAm long enough to give an opinion. I feel that it was a little challenging because I was away from my family for long period of time so I had to resign.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away time

Comment – December 7, 2016

Thank you for voicing your concerns. We believe listening to our employees helps us create a better working environment for our employees.

Starter company
Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJune 2, 2016
Very small company great for someone that needs experience..... After 6 months to a year you can find a company with better pay better miles & home time

Do not do lease program!!!! They dont get enough miles... Please remember this is a very small company
Pros
Great Starter company
Cons
Little pay, they trip when you neeed hometime

Don't Lease a Truck
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 26, 2016
With zero driving experience, my orientation colleagues and I were pushed to lease a truck. The only difference between company and lease drivers is that lease drivers are responsible for their own taxes and have to put in upwards of 2500 miles a week to earn a paycheck worth cashing in.

As a lease driver, I made the top performance safety list twice, but after about a month in my truck, my miles tapered off to just enough to pay my fuel and lease payments and give me about $100 for the week.

Most of the technicians and dispatchers are nice and helpful. The training/orientation process is thorough and very safety oriented. The biggest issue with this company is their lease program, because they push inexperienced drivers to lease their own truck and hang them out to dry, even if you're a runner and put that road under you all day and don't make any stops.

Comment – November 4, 2016

I enjoy working for TransAm.
Manager of Student Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 31, 2016
Working for TransAm is very interesting. There are always new challenges everyday. I enjoy helping people find the job they are looking for. I love being busy from the time I get there to the time I go home.

Comment – December 6, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you choosing TransAm Trucking.

Terrible employer
Safety Lane Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 22, 2016
Their turnover rate is through the roof, their management is absolutely terrible and refuse to work with you in any situation. Their pay is good and that's about it.

Comment – November 4, 2016

We are disappointed to learn about your negative experience TransAm Trucking offers many career opportunities to individuals with the initiative and talent to succeed in a fast-paced, teamwork-driven company. We believe listening to our employees helps us create a better working environment for our employees.

Steady Employment
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 16, 2016
Up early driving for long hours on end, from state to state. I learned how to be more aware of other drivers. Management was basically about the same as any other job I've had in the past.the hardest part of the job till i got use to it was backing into docks.The most enjoyable part was being out on my own, freedom.

Comment – November 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company.

Hard Work Pays Off
Non-Driver (Current Employee) –  OlatheJanuary 15, 2016
The trucking industry is not an easy one to work in; that being said, TransAm is a great company to work for. They compensate well above industry average and management really plays a hands-on role so it always feels like you're really working on a team and not just FOR somebody.

No one is out to get anyone and if someone was fired they most certainly deserved it. There are disciplinary plans in place and policies that are followed to ensure a fair and just working environment.

The company culture is pretty casual (no dress code) and the work is demanding yet rewarding. The turnover rate for truck drivers and mechanics are naturally high no matter what company you look at.
Pros
Compensation, career growth, involved management
Cons
Only one set of mens & womens bathrooms
Over The Road Experience
CDL-A Truck Driver (OTR Trucking) (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 7, 2016
This job is only good for people who need to get their one year of Verifiable Over The Road Experience. You haul refrigerated freight.
Pros
Automatic Transmission Trucks
Cons
Trucks break down

Comment – November 14, 2016

TransAm Trucking tractor fleet consists of equipment with an average age of only 30 months because we want to keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so they can continue to make money. We want to work with them to help them achieve their goals.

Great Company
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 18, 2015
Worked for TransAm for about a year in an administrative role. The management really pushes for hard work and promotes from within- great place if you're looking to advance. The pay is well above average and the benefits package is amazing. The company is small enough that the owner calls you by name but big enough to be able to provide that ability to move forward and continue to grow within your profession.
Pros
Company size, compensation, advancement opportunities
Cons
Pink cubicles
Very unprofessional
driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 3, 2015
Dealing with dispatch and most office personnel is a joke they all sit in a cubicle next to each other and all act like they don't know what going on just blame they mistakes on the next guy or just fault the driver I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone
Pros
They will give troubled or new drivers a chance
Cons
They really are not looking out for your best interests like they claim to be

Comment – November 4, 2016

We are sorry you had this experience. TransAm Trucking takes the noble profession of truck driving very seriously. We strive to understand what each company driver and independent contractor values in a trucking company in order to continue to develop for the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7