TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

This job sucks! Don't come here !
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 14, 2017
This job does not explain everything in orientation! Had a $2200 check but only brought home $700! They did not explain what all the deductibles were . Driver management does not contact workers. Settlement gives you the run around. This place is not the ideal company. They will sweet talk you into coming but treat you horrible! I was in the lease purchase program and started having problems with the truck the first day I took it out. Haven't had the truck for a good two weeks and my truck has been in the shop 3 times. And I'm still having the same problem!
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Wages, Management
August 16, 2017

Thank you for voicing your concerns. At TransAm Trucking, we want to work with our independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. We’re sorry a partnership with TransAm didn’t work out. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

Trash
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 20, 2017
I wouldn't waste my time with this company. Dispatchers are horrible people that don't seem to understand anything of what truck driver goes through. i
July 21, 2017

We are disappointed to learn about your negative experience. At TransAm Trucking, we value truck drivers and the noble profession of truck driving. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company. We are always looking for ways to improve. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

The Overall Planning of the Trucking Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 19, 2017
Transam is a Nationally Known Trucking company. Transam makes the best effort to make the truck industry sustain a delivery service to the consumer depot station on time. I was absolutely proud to work Transam Trucking and would enjoy working the company anytime any day.
Pros
Good Pay and Fast Return to Road Mileage
Cons
Better Mechanic Station
July 20, 2017

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate the time you spent with TransAm Trucking because trucking is a noble profession. Truck drivers are noble people. We wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Just a anverage service shop
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 29, 2017
All you do is service fleet trucks. Get the truck ready for the new drivers. Complete the factory advised pm's on the trucks. Don't need a whole lot of experice to work there but its a start.
Pros
easy work
Cons
want you to work day and night all the time
July 5, 2017

TransAm’s maintenance shops provide in-house maintenance for our fleet. Safety is important and preventative maintenance plays a large part. We thank all of our shop personnel for their hard work and assistance in keeping us rolling.

Dont even think about working for transam
driver competencies (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 20, 2017
I started with transam as a company driver and for a month and a half my pay check were no more then $250 a week they always had me sitting and wen i kept on asking for more miles they would tell me to lease. So i finally sign a lease and now i get no paychecks the minute u go home u will be owing transam money just the truck payment alone its 1000 a week not counting fuel and etc.. Yes there trucks a nice and it has about everything in it but at what cost save yourself time n money n go somewhere else cuz this is the biggest mistake I have ever done. If u have nothing n no bills then this is the job for you...
Pros
Trucks are nice
Cons
Everthing
June 26, 2017

We at TransAm Trucking want to keep you moving so you can continue to make money. We want to work with you to help you achieve your goals. Please contact your Driver/Business Manager to discuss how we can better work for you.

Got to dee the country
Driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 10, 2017
It's ok to start your driving career the pay is low and you sit a lot..they have really good equipment and keep it up..company driver is the way to go
Pros
Good starting place to drive
Cons
Low pay
May 11, 2017

Being a truck driver is a noble profession. One of the perks of being a long haul driver is being paid to travel the country. We're glad you choose to travel with TransAm Trucking.

Good Company
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 8, 2017
Working at TransAm has been a great experience. The people are nice and the culture is okay. The industry is ever evolving and it is nice to see a company evolving with it.
Pros
Meaningful Industry
Benefits
May 9, 2017

We agree that trucking is a very meaningful industry. Providing goods and supplies to the majority of the country is a huge responsibility. With the implementation of the Noble Purpose, our goal is to recognize this responsibility and give drivers and the support staff the accolades they deserve. Thank you for choosing TransAm Trucking.

Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 24, 2017
They suck, don't pay no money, never go home they steal from u. Lie about everthing they tell u in orientation rude people work in dat place and they could care less about the drivers. How do u make $120,000 in one year and see less then $20,000 in yo bank account
Pros
Equipment
Cons
No money
March 27, 2017

We are disappointed to learn about your negative experience. TransAm Trucking wants to keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so they can continue to make money and achieve their goals.

don't go if you want to make any money
ex lease driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66051March 21, 2017
nice trucks that about it no miles a lot of sitting and waiting on loads if you like watching tv they have free direct tv in trucks . a lot of expenses
Pros
nice trucks direct tv
Cons
high truck overhead
March 22, 2017

We are disappointed to learn about your negative experience. We at TransAm Trucking want to keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so they can continue to make money. We want to work with our company drivers and independent contractors to help them achieve their goals.

good place with ability to travel
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 14, 2017
I was a truck driver and enjoyed seeing the country. I got along with the boss. I had some days that I had to sit and wait on loads for a while. I learned about how different loads shift in the trailer and how to counter that shifting.
Pros
got to see the USA
Cons
waiting on loads
March 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with TransAm Trucking. TransAm strives to help drivers succeed and we are glad you were able to assist you in your trucking career. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.

If just starting out do not sign up for the leasing program. Was promised miles and did not receive what was promised.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 1, 2017
Was an ok company.I would advise to stay away from the leasing department and drive company if you want miles with decent pay. Most enjoyable part was traveling to new places and the open road experience. Hardest part was being away from my family.
Pros
experience
Cons
miscommunication, relays
March 3, 2017

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us create a better trucking company.

Great place to work!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 7, 2017
I have worked for TransAm for several years. TransAm is always improving with top of the line equipment for driver comfort and relaxing while taking breaks.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, job security.
Cons
I have no negative comments.
February 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with TransAm Trucking. We hope to continue providing you with a great company culture as you pursue your career with us.

A Company Committed to Excellence
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 7, 2017
TransAm is a high energy fast paced environment that offers opportunities for those who want to be part of an industry leader. It's a place where you can create your future through hard work and a willingness to learn and adapt to change. What I like most is the diversity of the workforce and how all are embraced.
Pros
Opportunity to Grow and Advance
February 8, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We take the noble profession of truck driving seriously and we are glad to having team members like you who help us expand upon our mission. Thank you for choosing TransAm Trucking.

Okay workplace
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 4, 2017
Nice people, pay isn't as great. Management is very helpful, and the training was knowledgeable. The trainer was very helpful, and I drove the majority of the time.
February 6, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and suggestions. Thank you for choosing TransAm Trucking!

Trucking job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 29, 2017
delivering frozen products to different cities, the job is very demanding on getting the product to it's destination on time. A great place to work for.
January 30, 2017

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed your time with TransAm Trucking.

Good place to work.
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJanuary 26, 2017
This has been one of the best companies I have worked for. The vast majority of employees are great people. Its a busy, yet interesting job with great superiors that are very respectful.
Pros
hours
January 27, 2017

Thank you for choosing TransAm Trucking. We are glad to have you as part of the team!

A NOBLE company with a NOBLE purpose.
IT (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 26, 2017
I have been here over 10 years and TransAm has always been a great place to work. With the advent of TransAm's noble purpose initiative, the company is now an even better place to work.
Pros
Welcoming employees who will help you out at a moment's notice
January 27, 2017

Thank you for all your years with TransAm Trucking and thank you for believing in our Noble Purpose message. Truck driving is a noble industry and it’s people like you who make it so.

A welcoming company to work for
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 26, 2017
TransAm has always been a great place to work for me . They have always been understanding and worked with me while facing personal struggles !
January 27, 2017

At TransAm, we believe in working with our employees to help them achieve their goals and highest levels of success. Thank you for being a part of the TransAm Trucking team!

Shop foreman (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 25, 2017
Great employer that cares about their employees. They are great to work with. The promote from within. There are always ways to better yourself and get ahead
January 27, 2017

At TransAm, we believe in creating a friendly, team-driven environment. Thank you for being a part of our team.

Claims Administrator (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 25, 2017
Casual, friendly work environment.Considers the drivers as Noble in Noble profession. Treats all employees with respect, and fairness. Promotes treating others as you would want to be treated.
Pros
friendly, caring work environment
January 27, 2017

Trucking is a Noble Profession. Truck drivers provide amenities to families all across America. It’s a truly awesome industry. We thank you for being a part of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9