TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

run away from this company
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 12, 2016
I went to this company after working for CR England and didn't think things could get worse.......they did.
The pay for lease operators is wayyyyyy less then the pay for company drivers after all the hidden charges.
You are told company drivers get miles after the lease drivers but all of them I talked to out on the road got
More miles then me......if you think you are not going to be force dispatched think again....they will tell you the load you
You passed on is all they have and will make you sit til you take it.....do yourself a favor and work for another company.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66062July 27, 2016
A typical day OTR Driving consist of allot of mental and being away from family and friends an can take a toll on a person. the company treated us really great.i learned allot of backing up and docking skills and also how to maneuver through certain road condition and obstacles
Dont go
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 24, 2016
Push you into beatdown trucks..trailers are ragedy..dispatchers sabatoge each other..all kinds of hidden fees..load arrival times given are incorrect..bad directions..safety will go into your clock and take fuel time away even at the cost of defaulting your 30 min break without notice so you run out of time in route IN the middle of traffic...fORGET trans am..DO NOT..I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO THIS COMPANY
Pros
DVR CABLE AND FRIDGE
Cons
THE COMPANY
Run!!!!This company is bs
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2016
I currently work for this company. They are a joke. They make it seem like you are getting a lot of perks by dealing with them. They get you to try and sign a lease with a truck and try and make it seem like they're going to give you the miles to pay for. THEY'RE NOT. They're going to leave you places for days with no detention pay. They make you pay for your own home time plus the gas to get home... They tell you there lease is a walk away lease but when you put your two week notice in they short your miles so you leave owing them.. BEWARE OF TRANS AM
Terrible employer
Safety Lane Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 22, 2016
Their turnover rate is through the roof, their management is absolutely terrible and refuse to work with you in any situation. Their pay is good and that's about it.
Lease program is a set-up!!!!
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  KansasJune 10, 2016
When I first arrived at Trans Am they rolled out the red carpet for me and the ones that were in orientation. Training was $50 a day and we stayed in the best hotels in the area. We went out for eight to 10 days with a driver coach and at that point orientation and training was pretty much over. Equipment wasn't really all of that! Most people we're amazed that we had Direct TV.. Flat screen TVs... Refrigerator and all of the other amenities that were a plus. But they only give you those things to pacify you. From the first day that I receive my truck it gave me problems. The APU wasn't charging and when I drove off of the lot had to return an hour later because the Apu wasn't working. So I sat a whole day waiting on them to fix it. At that point I ran a total of 2 weeks over the road... And then I took my home time. Home for a total of 4 days... But when I return to my truck it wouldn't crank. All of the batteries in the truck were bad.I Had to have it towed to Kenworth two and a half hours from where I live... Without the trailer. Then I have to drive two and a half hours to pick up the trailer and then go get my load. My truck was down a total of 3 days by which my insurance was supposed to cover those days that I was down. But it never did. My breakdown insurance was never applied to my settlement... And I found myself in the hole $1,045!!! For 3 weeks I didn't receive a paycheck and on top of that I was only running a total of 2000 miles or less a week!! My driver manager really really really dropped the ball. And when I requested a new driver manager they gave me a really  more... hard time. After a month of not receiving a check, I drove to the terminal and turned in my truck... Couldn't take it anymore!! I would like to congratulate Trans Am on a job well done of screwing over my family and myself... Thank you Trans Am!!!  less
Pros
If you like to watch television... There it is cable on the truck.
Cons
Trans Am cares nothing about the drivers neither the welfare of their families!!!!
terrible
current otr driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 5, 2016
start up company for new drivers or anyone one with a record, DO NOT SIGN A LEASE, they make you feel like you're doing something wrong if you don't sign a LEASE but trust me that's not the road you want to go down with this company. DO NOT SIGN AS A LEASE DRIVER
Pros
Orientation, the training period is short and they keep you in nice rooms.
Cons
everything
Starter company
Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJune 2, 2016
Very small company great for someone that needs experience..... After 6 months to a year you can find a company with better pay better miles & home time

Do not do lease program!!!! They dont get enough miles... Please remember this is a very small company
Pros
Great Starter company
Cons
Little pay, they trip when you neeed hometime
I enjoy working for TransAm.
Manager of Student Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 31, 2016
Working for TransAm is very interesting. There are always new challenges everyday. I enjoy helping people find the job they are looking for. I love being busy from the time I get there to the time I go home.
Don't Lease a Truck
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 26, 2016
With zero driving experience, my orientation colleagues and I were pushed to lease a truck. The only difference between company and lease drivers is that lease drivers are responsible for their own taxes and have to put in upwards of 2500 miles a week to earn a paycheck worth cashing in.

As a lease driver, I made the top performance safety list twice, but after about a month in my truck, my miles tapered off to just enough to pay my fuel and lease payments and give me about $100 for the week.

Most of the technicians and dispatchers are nice and helpful. The training/orientation process is thorough and very safety oriented. The biggest issue with this company is their lease program, because they push inexperienced drivers to lease their own truck and hang them out to dry, even if you're a runner and put that road under you all day and don't make any stops.
Like the Company but not enough money
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 7, 2016
I like driving a truck. I like see the country but it did get lonely sometimes. The equipment was new and in very good shape.
Over The Road Experience
CDL-A Truck Driver (OTR Trucking) (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 7, 2016
This job is only good for people who need to get their one year of Verifiable Over The Road Experience. You haul refrigerated freight.
Pros
Automatic Transmission Trucks
Cons
Trucks break down
Steady Employment
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 16, 2016
Up early driving for long hours on end, from state to state. I learned how to be more aware of other drivers. Management was basically about the same as any other job I've had in the past.the hardest part of the job till i got use to it was backing into docks.The most enjoyable part was being out on my own, freedom.
Horrible trucking company to work for
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 18, 2016
Bad pay,bad management,trucks catch on fire alot,put in my 2 weeks notice and the next day they fired me,very immature company
Cons
Very fast paced but I stayed busy and I loved it.
Customer Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 27, 2016
I would be there by 6:30am and I would do a daily report to show what trucks in our regional area that were going to be late or due that day. After that I would send updates to customers about where their loads were currently. After that I went through my email and followed up from the day before or any I got overnight. And then I scheduled all appts the rest of the day. I had very good co-workers, many of them have been there awhile and were very helpful. My managers and supervisors were very nice, they were very knowledgeable when it came to the job. I would say the hardest part of the job for me was just starting out and having no clue what to do. It was a lot to learn but once I started to get the hang of it, it just clicked. The most enjoyable thing about working at TransAm was the people, I loved my coworkers. I became good friends with a few people.
Pros
Catered lunch sometimes, leniant when it came to understanding when you have sick kids or if you ill.
Cons
It is a fast paced job, at times it was hard to keep up with.
Hard Work Pays Off
Non-Driver (Current Employee) –  OlatheJanuary 15, 2016
The trucking industry is not an easy one to work in; that being said, TransAm is a great company to work for. They compensate well above industry average and management really plays a hands-on role so it always feels like you're really working on a team and not just FOR somebody.

No one is out to get anyone and if someone was fired they most certainly deserved it. There are disciplinary plans in place and policies that are followed to ensure a fair and just working environment.

The company culture is pretty casual (no dress code) and the work is demanding yet rewarding. The turnover rate for truck drivers and mechanics are naturally high no matter what company you look at.
Pros
Compensation, career growth, involved management
Cons
Only one set of mens & womens bathrooms
Great Company
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 18, 2015
Worked for TransAm for about a year in an administrative role. The management really pushes for hard work and promotes from within- great place if you're looking to advance. The pay is well above average and the benefits package is amazing. The company is small enough that the owner calls you by name but big enough to be able to provide that ability to move forward and continue to grow within your profession.
Pros
Company size, compensation, advancement opportunities
Cons
Pink cubicles
Only thing decent was the paycheck
Porter to Trailer Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 16, 2015
Coworkers were awful. You could learn a lot about mechanics if you didn't know much. Management was super lazy. The hardest part of the job was not making management upset about how long it took to do a job that actually required more than 15 minutes.
Pros
Decent break room
Cons
HR is out to get you if you screw up
Very unprofessional
driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 3, 2015
Dealing with dispatch and most office personnel is a joke they all sit in a cubicle next to each other and all act like they don't know what going on just blame they mistakes on the next guy or just fault the driver I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone
Pros
They will give troubled or new drivers a chance
Cons
They really are not looking out for your best interests like they claim to be
starter comapny
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 30, 2015
good starting company to work for when u have no driveing exp. they will pay for your schooling. You learn time mangment skills
Pros
get to see the country
Cons
three weeks away from home at a time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7