TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 24, 2017
They suck, don't pay no money, never go home they steal from u. Lie about everthing they tell u in orientation rude people work in dat place and they could care less about the drivers. How do u make $120,000 in one year and see less then $20,000 in yo bank account
Pros
Equipment
Cons
No money
March 27, 2017

We are disappointed to learn about your negative experience. TransAm Trucking wants to keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so they can continue to make money and achieve their goals.

don't go if you want to make any money
ex lease driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66051March 21, 2017
nice trucks that about it no miles a lot of sitting and waiting on loads if you like watching tv they have free direct tv in trucks . a lot of expenses
Pros
nice trucks direct tv
Cons
high truck overhead
March 22, 2017

We are disappointed to learn about your negative experience. We at TransAm Trucking want to keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so they can continue to make money. We want to work with our company drivers and independent contractors to help them achieve their goals.

good place with ability to travel
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 14, 2017
I was a truck driver and enjoyed seeing the country. I got along with the boss. I had some days that I had to sit and wait on loads for a while. I learned about how different loads shift in the trailer and how to counter that shifting.
Pros
got to see the USA
Cons
waiting on loads
March 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with TransAm Trucking. TransAm strives to help drivers succeed and we are glad you were able to assist you in your trucking career. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.

If just starting out do not sign up for the leasing program. Was promised miles and did not receive what was promised.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 1, 2017
Was an ok company.I would advise to stay away from the leasing department and drive company if you want miles with decent pay. Most enjoyable part was traveling to new places and the open road experience. Hardest part was being away from my family.
Pros
experience
Cons
miscommunication, relays
March 3, 2017

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us create a better trucking company.

Good company to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  RockwallFebruary 25, 2017
I am a technician for TransAm and have been working in the Rockwall shop for almost 2 years. In my opinion this is a great company to work for, especially for new technicians who want a place to start in the diesel world. I was hired with very little experience and no vocational training. Management is helpful and my coworkers are always willing to lend a hand. The pay is good and there is definitely job security. Overall, I've had a positive experience so far and would recommend this company to anyone looking for a career in the trucking industry.
Pros
Good work environment, stress free, willing to train
Cons
Health insurance is a little pricey
February 27, 2017

Thank you for your endorsement of TransAm Trucking. We are glad you found a satisfying career with us and we appreciate having you as part of our team.

Great place to work!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 7, 2017
I have worked for TransAm for several years. TransAm is always improving with top of the line equipment for driver comfort and relaxing while taking breaks.
Pros
Benefits, PTO, job security.
Cons
I have no negative comments.
February 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with TransAm Trucking. We hope to continue providing you with a great company culture as you pursue your career with us.

A Company Committed to Excellence
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 7, 2017
TransAm is a high energy fast paced environment that offers opportunities for those who want to be part of an industry leader. It's a place where you can create your future through hard work and a willingness to learn and adapt to change. What I like most is the diversity of the workforce and how all are embraced.
Pros
Opportunity to Grow and Advance
February 8, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We take the noble profession of truck driving seriously and we are glad to having team members like you who help us expand upon our mission. Thank you for choosing TransAm Trucking.

Okay workplace
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 4, 2017
Nice people, pay isn't as great. Management is very helpful, and the training was knowledgeable. The trainer was very helpful, and I drove the majority of the time.
February 6, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and suggestions. Thank you for choosing TransAm Trucking!

Trucking job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 29, 2017
delivering frozen products to different cities, the job is very demanding on getting the product to it's destination on time. A great place to work for.
January 30, 2017

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed your time with TransAm Trucking.

Good place to work.
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJanuary 26, 2017
This has been one of the best companies I have worked for. The vast majority of employees are great people. Its a busy, yet interesting job with great superiors that are very respectful.
Pros
hours
January 27, 2017

Thank you for choosing TransAm Trucking. We are glad to have you as part of the team!

A NOBLE company with a NOBLE purpose.
IT (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 26, 2017
I have been here over 10 years and TransAm has always been a great place to work. With the advent of TransAm's noble purpose initiative, the company is now an even better place to work.
Pros
Welcoming employees who will help you out at a moment's notice
January 27, 2017

Thank you for all your years with TransAm Trucking and thank you for believing in our Noble Purpose message. Truck driving is a noble industry and it’s people like you who make it so.

A welcoming company to work for
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 26, 2017
TransAm has always been a great place to work for me . They have always been understanding and worked with me while facing personal struggles !
January 27, 2017

At TransAm, we believe in working with our employees to help them achieve their goals and highest levels of success. Thank you for being a part of the TransAm Trucking team!

Shop foreman (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 25, 2017
Great employer that cares about their employees. They are great to work with. The promote from within. There are always ways to better yourself and get ahead
January 27, 2017

At TransAm, we believe in creating a friendly, team-driven environment. Thank you for being a part of our team.

Claims Administrator (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 25, 2017
Casual, friendly work environment.Considers the drivers as Noble in Noble profession. Treats all employees with respect, and fairness. Promotes treating others as you would want to be treated.
Pros
friendly, caring work environment
January 27, 2017

Trucking is a Noble Profession. Truck drivers provide amenities to families all across America. It’s a truly awesome industry. We thank you for being a part of it.

Great People that know the industry
Employee (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 25, 2017
The people at Transam are very helpful. They believe in treating drivers with respect. The industry has taken a nosedive and TransAm is making sure that all team members treat drivers with nobility.
Pros
Great People
Cons
None.
January 26, 2017

At TransAm, we value the noble profession of truck driving and the drivers and support who keep the industry running. Thank you for being a part of the TransAm Trucking team!

A good job if your not looking for a handout
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  KC Estates, TXNovember 22, 2016
These people are all winers who couldn't handle being a trucker.the reason you only see negative comments on here is because someone just couldn't cut it.they bit off more than they could chew.p probably heard that truck driving was a high paying job and thought they hit the lotery,sorry your bubble got busted.
Pros
Get to live the dream, with comfort and style
Cons
What more could you ask for
November 28, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you choosing TransAm Trucking.

Very poorly lease program
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXNovember 18, 2016
too many relays, somehow they figured that no matter how many miles you drive you always end up in the
red, their training program is basically a team driving where you drive and instructor sleeps. When your 10 hours of driving is up you sleep and then try and there's no interaction and critiquing your driving skills
November 23, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. At TransAm Trucking, we value truck drivers and the noble profession of truck driving. We strive to understand what company driver and independent contractor values in a transportation company.

Just a starter company
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 13, 2016
I worked for this company for 6 weeks, my truck started to brake down, first week and every week after. They made me pay for all repairs, even though they were suppose to the first 30days. Such a bad experience, I truly hope they belly up.
Pros
A job
Cons
Everthing
November 14, 2016

Thank you for voicing your concerns. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company.

November 17, 2016

We are disappointed you had a negative experience. At TransAm, we want to work with our company drivers and independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company.

Good Place to get started.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 18, 2016
Nice Equipment
All Automatics
Steady Consistent Miles
Will spend at least 3 weeks out before hometime.
Decent Pay
May Choose between Company Driver or Lease Operator
Pros
Good equipment(older trucks are still nice), nice long haul loads, lots of drop-hook.
Cons
Lots of time away, miles will be preferred toward lease-operators
November 28, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We believe listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us create a better company.

Did not work long enough
Supervisor Terry (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 14, 2016
I did not work at TransAm long enough to give an opinion. I feel that it was a little challenging because I was away from my family for long period of time so I had to resign.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away time
December 7, 2016

Thank you for voicing your concerns. We believe listening to our employees helps us create a better working environment for our employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9