TRANSAM Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
good for recent student grad
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 6, 2016
I dont know the situation now, but when i worked there they claimed all their trucks were automatic. When I got my Freightliner, it had a super ten. I had to practice on the back lot for hours before i finally figured it out. I asked for months for an automatic, to no avail.

However, they were pretty good about giving me miles. The other drivers said Transam favors the new drivers. Drivers that had been there a long time were complaining about lack of miles. That only lasted for a little while.

Long wait times at the meat houses got on my nerves, though. A 72 hour window ensured my sitting at a Tyson plant for at least long enough for my reset.

I did hate how they tried to push everyone into their lease program. High pressure to get someone new into the business without experience. I drove company instead.

Not much hometime. I live in west tennessee so that may have been the issue there. I always had to take my 4 days consecutively.

The training program wasnt bad. The staff werent as rude as the company in Cuba Alabama (McElroy) I tried previously. I actually would recommend this company for a starter. Just be prepared to be gone from home an awful lot.
Pros
decent miles, good training
Cons
hard to get hometime
Worked on on-line class
trainee (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 9, 2015
This position was to provide medical transcriptions, and learned new medical terms. Required to buy additional equipment which was unable to afford.
Pros
Able to utilize my medical training
Cons
Unable to afford extra equipment.
Difficult place to work for
Bilingual Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 11, 2015
The hardest part of the job was completing all the task in one day, due to more numbers of clients that one person could handle. Management was changing and going through obstacles. Orders would change from one day to another without much explaining nor consideration for the employees. In general there was a lack of communication from management and severe treatment.
The most enjoyably part of the job was talking to clients, offering a well served costumer service, which was rewarding.
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
Not able to take the breaks doe to work load
Hard to be an owner operator with this company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 5, 2015
This company only gave you enough miles to cover the costs that the employee owes the company and some times not even that. I didn't receive a pay check from them for 8 weeks and forced to quite so that I can provide for my family. Unreasonable family emergency time and didn't honor not having to make a truck lease payment due to a death in the family.
There trucks were very nice although i did'nt receive enough home time
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 4, 2015
The day's were long and the night's were cold . But I learned how to manage my log book . That was something that I didn't have a lot of time for in school . I was bye myself never had co driver . The hardest part was just trying to stay awake . Although I did enjoy the freedom
Pros
The freedom
Cons
Being away from my famliy for three weeks at time
good business to be a part of
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 3, 2014
I am actually becoming a partner in this business, but there is not much more i can do here.
Overall good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 18, 2014
good company to work for, but I had a lease. I wasnt making any money with the lease so I had to go.
Great Company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 19, 2013
Great people too work for really care for their Drivers and employees
Pros
the start of my career
Cons
not sure i wanted too do this for a living
Driver Complete (Former Employee) –  olathle ksMay 18, 2012
it was a wonderful experience in the trucking life dont have any douts about it. it will be great to return back.
Pros
na
Cons
na
selfcentered work place
Lease driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 6, 2012
They don't care about the people who work for them. There's no compassion for any type of problems.
Pros
they pay on time
Cons
stay active, unless you have money, to take a day off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRANSAM. Our community is ready to answer.