Transamerica Agency Network Employee Reviews

very supportive and motivating office
Licensed Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I currently work with small business owners and individuals to help evaluate their financial long term goals using life insurance products.
I am currently seeking a transition into a GA or Underwriting company on the P&C side.
Was a good place to work until we changed RVP
Associate Director and Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 5, 2016
Had a good 3 or 4 yrs but last year was a struggle because of upper management change and loss of agents & associate managers.
Pros
Great Benefits and pay
Cons
Finding the right people
Fun yet busy organization
Licensed Agency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 24, 2015
This position is mainly a personnel support and recruiting position. My role is to perform administrative duties as needed, such as faxing applications, responding to requests for additional information from applicants, filing, answering phones, and customer service. The majority of my job is recruiting qualified candidates and working with interested parties through our hiring process.

I have learned a lot about screening for qualifications when seeking new employees, efficiently conduction initial interviews, and hiring processes.

My co-workers are mostly insurance agents who work out in the field on a daily basis, with the exception of weekly meetings. They are all highly-motivated individuals, so any time one or more is in the office, the energy level is exceptional.

The hardest part of my job is finding enough qualified candidates who are interested in making a career change to move into our organization.

The most enjoyable part is seeing how my efforts keep our branch successful and growing.
Pros
Excellent benefits at great prices
Cons
Constant pressure to grow our personnel
Great benefits
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 14, 2015
provides great incentives for high sellers. It's hard to have a great work life balance however. You have to be looking to sell at almost all times.
I learned a lot at Transamerica
Agency Coordinator/Recruiter/Independent Producer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 17, 2015
I had opportunities that were very fulfilling in a fast paced environment.
I enjoyed recruiting seasoned and new agents for interview purposes for both the Northeast and Central PA office locations.
I particularly enjoyed going to local career events and having a Company booth/table.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn and advance my own career.
Cons
The Wilkes-Barre office location was closed and merged with the Central PA location.
Great Workplace!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2015
If you are willing to work hard and apply yourself this is a great company for a career. The compensation and benefit package is unrivaled in their industry.
Wonderful company with a High stress level
Agent (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 22, 2015
Insurance is a great field, but you live totally on sales. I did well but with a family of 5 i had to have dependable and consistent income.
Pros
Company Strength
Cons
stress level, undependability of sales
Solid Job for Insurance Sales
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2015
Isn't an easy job, but if you apply yourself you will do well. You will work 60 to 70 hours a week initially. This is mandatory for success. There isn't much training, you will have to do your own outside development.
n/a
Agency Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILMay 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time at this company, and left to pursue a degree in computer science. My hours were flexible, and I had the opportunity to help out in many of there Chicago land offices.
individual and team environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYFebruary 7, 2015
Meet and establish new clients while visiting current clients
learning how to help clients protect their future
Great Management and coworkers
The hardest part of my job is trying to get clients to sit down with me for a meeting to discuss life insurance policies.
love meeting new people
Introduced me to the business world.
Insurance Agent/Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeFebruary 2, 2015
Loved the people I worked with and around. Atmosphere was light and fun. I learned multiple life and business lessons in the short time I was there. Ultimately, insurance was not my cup of tea but was a wonderful learning experience.
Pros
Coworkers, Atmosphere, Benefits
Cons
24/7 work mindset, constantly prospecting, lack of consistency
extremely difficult work environment
life sales agent (Former Employee) –  Wheelersburg, OHJanuary 21, 2015
The preparation for sales of life insurance on a route and traveling basis was very poor. The focus was on the products available with little to know training for contact building or successful management of route. As well being required to highly pressure people of low economic means to buy more and more life insurance despite the unaffordability.
Pros
pay check
Cons
unrealistic expectations
Transamerica
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  St LouisJanuary 12, 2015
One step away from 1099. Very Sales driven without any security of employment from month to month.
Not for rookies
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 20, 2014
If you are already experienced in the Insurance industry, you can make a lot of money with this company. But if you are looking for management to train you to be a successful agent, keep looking
Very Fierce Sales Environment
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 24, 2014
I would only recommend this job to a very experienced Insurance agent with a large network of potential clients. Strict sales goals in place and evaluated every 4 months, witnessed dozens of agents unable to meet sales goals and terminated. Compensation can fluctuate a great deal.
Competitive work place with high turn over rate
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Cumberland MdOctober 23, 2014
visiting clients and helping them to achieve their goals was enjoyable. However, hitting required numbers in this community proves to be quite stressful,
This district is a good and friendly place to work
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDOctober 22, 2014
The management and co-workers are wonderful.
All are dedicated to their needs and goals.
Awesome
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 19, 2014
Like working and educating people in the financial business
Great place to work as a captive insurance agent
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 18, 2014
Set your own schedule, support of a local office, management is typically supportive, great compensation/benefit package. The underwriters make it difficult to issue policies but that is with any insurance company. Overall a good place to work especially if you're new to insurance.
Challenging and exciting
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 23, 2014
Managers are still Monumental Managers who know only how to sell Burial Policies. No knowledge of B2B sales and newer products.
Pros
Start pay and awesome products and book of business
Cons
not a whole lot of knowledge of newer products from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transamerica Agency Network. Our community is ready to answer.