Transamerica Agency Network Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productive, and great place to work.
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 20, 2017
Visit customers daily to make payments pickups. I learned that people just want to be treated fairly. I loved the interaction with the customers from day to day.
Run away
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 9, 2017
Layoffs were common. Make you manager your best friend or else you are out the door. Stressful environment and a lot of favoritism. Nepotism also exists in upper management. Management inconsistent from department to department.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Common layoffs and high turnover
The client relationship is great.
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 1, 2017
I personally liked helping the clients. The current management cares more about new business than keeping long time clients happy. Management doesn't believe in leaving your work at work.
Coworkers team together to help each other
Agent/ Computer Support (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 20, 2017
Great working atmosphere.
Very active and intense. .....
Opportunity to make good money....
People work together for one common goal..............
Great company benefits for salaried positions.
Licensed Agency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 13, 2017
This company has excellent training opportunities and support programs to foster your growth and income potential. You do have to bring your own initiative to the table to get things done.
Benefits
Fun Work Place, extremely productive and high pace
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 1, 2017
A typical day is problem solving insurance policies, recommending alternatives for a wide age range of individuals. Management is fantastic for training and availability. The culture is open door and teamwork. The hardest part of the job is a constant stream of new referral customers. The most enjoyable is the ability to help people in need and meeting new people daily.
Pros
Free water, coffee, soda
Cons
Healthcare
Great place to work.
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 29, 2017
Provides detailed training and support. Great products. Management is willing to train and ride along with all new agents. Its a great place for a new agent.
Great Company
Agent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 3, 2017
Excellent Company, Great Products. Insurance and Financial Service company. Growing in Greenville, and Columbia Area. Training Included- Base Pay with Bonus and Commissions.
Excellent
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 11, 2017
Management provides a very satisfactory and enjoyable work environment. Product training is provided. Team atmosphere is fostered. Overall a very positive team and workplace environment.
Busy Busy busy 15 15 15
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2016
I love the staff. The expectations are a bit much. It is hard to get 15 appointments every week. Especially when you are not from the area. You are promised a book however not all are given the opp. If you get a good book sky is the limit.
very supportive and motivating office
Licensed Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I currently work with small business owners and individuals to help evaluate their financial long term goals using life insurance products.
I am currently seeking a transition into a GA or Underwriting company on the P&C side.
Was a good place to work until we changed RVP
Associate Director and Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 5, 2016
Had a good 3 or 4 yrs but last year was a struggle because of upper management change and loss of agents & associate managers.
Pros
Great Benefits and pay
Cons
Finding the right people
Fun yet busy organization
Licensed Agency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 24, 2015
This position is mainly a personnel support and recruiting position. My role is to perform administrative duties as needed, such as faxing applications, responding to requests for additional information from applicants, filing, answering phones, and customer service. The majority of my job is recruiting qualified candidates and working with interested parties through our hiring process.

I have learned a lot about screening for qualifications when seeking new employees, efficiently conduction initial interviews, and hiring processes.

My co-workers are mostly insurance agents who work out in the field on a daily basis, with the exception of weekly meetings. They are all highly-motivated individuals, so any time one or more is in the office, the energy level is exceptional.

The hardest part of my job is finding enough qualified candidates who are interested in making a career change to move into our organization.

The most enjoyable part is seeing how my efforts keep our branch successful and growing.
Pros
Excellent benefits at great prices
Cons
Constant pressure to grow our personnel
Great benefits
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 14, 2015
provides great incentives for high sellers. It's hard to have a great work life balance however. You have to be looking to sell at almost all times.
I learned a lot at Transamerica
Agency Coordinator/Recruiter/Independent Producer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 17, 2015
I had opportunities that were very fulfilling in a fast paced environment.
I enjoyed recruiting seasoned and new agents for interview purposes for both the Northeast and Central PA office locations.
I particularly enjoyed going to local career events and having a Company booth/table.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn and advance my own career.
Cons
The Wilkes-Barre office location was closed and merged with the Central PA location.
Great Workplace!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2015
If you are willing to work hard and apply yourself this is a great company for a career. The compensation and benefit package is unrivaled in their industry.
Wonderful company with a High stress level
Agent (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 22, 2015
Insurance is a great field, but you live totally on sales. I did well but with a family of 5 i had to have dependable and consistent income.
Pros
Company Strength
Cons
stress level, undependability of sales
Solid Job for Insurance Sales
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2015
Isn't an easy job, but if you apply yourself you will do well. You will work 60 to 70 hours a week initially. This is mandatory for success. There isn't much training, you will have to do your own outside development.
n/a
Agency Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILMay 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time at this company, and left to pursue a degree in computer science. My hours were flexible, and I had the opportunity to help out in many of there Chicago land offices.
individual and team environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYFebruary 7, 2015
Meet and establish new clients while visiting current clients
learning how to help clients protect their future
Great Management and coworkers
The hardest part of my job is trying to get clients to sit down with me for a meeting to discuss life insurance policies.
love meeting new people