Transamerica Agency Network

Transamerica Agency Network Employee Reviews

individual and team environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Hazard, KYFebruary 7, 2015
Meet and establish new clients while visiting current clients
learning how to help clients protect their future
Great Management and coworkers
The hardest part of my job is trying to get clients to sit down with me for a meeting to discuss life insurance policies.
love meeting new people
Introduced me to the business world.
Insurance Agent/Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Baton RougeFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: coworkers, atmosphere, benefits
Cons: 24/7 work mindset, constantly prospecting, lack of consistency
Loved the people I worked with and around. Atmosphere was light and fun. I learned multiple life and business lessons in the short time I was there. Ultimately, insurance was not my cup of tea but was a wonderful learning experience.
extremely difficult work environment
life sales agent (Former Employee), Wheelersburg, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: pay check
Cons: unrealistic expectations
The preparation for sales of life insurance on a route and traveling basis was very poor. The focus was on the products available with little to know training for contact building or successful management of route. As well being required to highly pressure people of low economic means to buy more and more life insurance despite the unaffordability.
Transamerica
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), St LouisJanuary 12, 2015
One step away from 1099. Very Sales driven without any security of employment from month to month.
Not for rookies
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Evansville, INDecember 20, 2014
If you are already experienced in the Insurance industry, you can make a lot of money with this company. But if you are looking for management to train you to be a successful agent, keep looking
Very Fierce Sales Environment
Career Agent (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNOctober 24, 2014
I would only recommend this job to a very experienced Insurance agent with a large network of potential clients. Strict sales goals in place and evaluated every 4 months, witnessed dozens of agents unable to meet sales goals and terminated. Compensation can fluctuate a great deal.
Competitive work place with high turn over rate
Career Agent (Current Employee), Cumberland MdOctober 23, 2014
visiting clients and helping them to achieve their goals was enjoyable. However, hitting required numbers in this community proves to be quite stressful,
This district is a good and friendly place to work
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Cumberland, MDOctober 22, 2014
The management and co-workers are wonderful.
All are dedicated to their needs and goals.
AWESOME
Sales Representative (Current Employee), NJAugust 19, 2014
LIKE WORKING AND EDUCATING PEOPLE IN THE FINANCIAL BUSINESS
Great place to work as a captive insurance agent
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Somerset, KYAugust 18, 2014
Set your own schedule, support of a local office, management is typically supportive, great compensation/benefit package. The underwriters make it difficult to issue policies but that is with any insurance company. Overall a good place to work especially if you're new to insurance.
Challenging and exciting
Sales Agent (Current Employee), TennesseeJuly 23, 2014
Pros: start pay and awesome products and book of business
Cons: not a whole lot of knowledge of newer products from management
Managers are still Monumental Managers who know only how to sell Burial Policies. No knowledge of B2B sales and newer products.
Great company to work for
Managing Director (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2014
Pros: great pay and excellent people to work with.
Cons: a lot of travel time in the city.
Transamerica is a amazing company to work for. The upper echelon is down to earth and understands everyday issues.
Company great, local office horrible
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 6, 2014
The company as a whole is good company to work for, however the local office I was involved with was horrible. It is completely cut throat.
Perfect place for a true sales person.
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee), MDOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free trips, good benefits, flexable schedule
Cons: mostly commisions
If selling is your forte, this is the place for you. Good benefits, good bonuses, good incentives. The majority of your compensation is commission, so go in to this job knowing that you can handle a fluctuating paycheck.
Behind on technology. Huge disconnect between upper management and field employees.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 6, 2013
Horrible experience as an employee. Took on the bulk of the workload while management did much of nothing.
Great company but management can be hard to deal with
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Paducah, KYAugust 22, 2013
Pros: pay and incentives
Cons: management team
I loved working for this company however, the manager that I worked for was horrible to work with. My wife and I qualified for the company cruise to the Virgin Islands. It was great, but was very unappreciated in the office.
Not bad in the insurance industry
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Flint, MIAugust 1, 2013
Little training - no structured program.
Mentoring is minimal

If you are an independent learner with drive and ambition - you will make it through your initial validation period. If not - beware.
Transamerica Agency Network
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: laid back work life, flexibility of hours, helping families plan for their future
Cons: long hours, 100% commission
TAN is a great company to work for as a financial advisor. They provide extensive training for incoming agents. The hardest part of the job is prospecting for new leads/clients. The work environment is very relaxed and the co-workers are very easy to get along with; Management is always willing to lend a helping hand. I learned many aspects of financial planning from the management team. One negative to the job is the long hours. There are many days where I worked 12-14 hours, driving 4-5 hours per day. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping families plan for their future. I am looking for a new job with more regular hours to spend with my family.
Okay Place
CAREER AGENT (Current Employee), Charleston, WVFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: great employee benefits, more time with my son
Cons: no gas mileage compensation, lack of training on products and marketing
I enjoy working for this company, however, I feel they want only your natural market of business then will create extreme sales quotas that are unable to achieve due to lack of training and support of management. This company provides great benefit package! The underwriting for this company is extremely difficult and home office never is on the same page. You will always get a different answer. Working with and helping customers understand their products and getting them in something that will actually be of use and a benefit for them is the best part of this job!
Great Culture
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 11, 2012
Pros: products
Cons: commissions
Great Culture and Supportive Management Competitive Product Portfolio Proven Sales Methods Great Training

Transamerica Agency Network Salaries