Transamerica Financial Advisors Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to learn to run a business
I Investment Advisor Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 17, 2016
I would have done better had I been more connected to the community. You need a warm market to begin with and you need to develop your prospecting skills. I had difficulty because I was unemployed when I started and that makes things very, very difficult. One needs to have a steady source of income while learning and growing one's business. Otherwise it is a powerful system with great potential compensation and I would recommend it to anyone serious about starting a business who doesn't have a lot of capital or a million dollar idea.
Pros
Powerful "off the shelf" system.
Cons
You really need to know a fair sized group of people.
Sales of financial products
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GANovember 17, 2015
Sales of financial products to those you know and those you meet. You have to continue to do that as well as introduce others who may want a chance in the career.
Offered the opportunity to run one's own business
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2015
A well established provider of life insurance and financial services. Responsible for identifying prospects and converting prospects into policyholders. Often relied on telemarketing and face-to-face contacts.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Marketing at field level was somewhat weak.
Very engaging line of work with access to even upper management individuals who are ready and willing to assist you
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJuly 18, 2015
Although I have just started working for Transamerica, I already like the organizational culture and its incentives. Everyone always has a positive attitude and is willing to help each other out to achieve a common goal which is to help our customers make money, save money, and get out of debt. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help families that are struggling financially and see them prosper.
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 14, 2015
Great management and a great place to work. The environment and the people are fun to work with and very upbeat. The home office staff and higher ups in management really understand what it takes to help us do our job and they make sure that we have the tools to get the job done right.
Pros
The best people
Excellent Financial Agency building Business
Financial Planning/Sales Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 28, 2015
The great infrastructure is there for anyone with the willingness to work hard and learn. You can build something great here. Your success and failure is mostly in your hands.
Pros
great income potential, flexible hours and good work environment
Cons
It is all up to you with the help of the staff.
Great Opportunity
Investment Advisor Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 26, 2015
There are a lot of choices for you to tailor your business to how you want to work.
Financial Advisor Job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 17, 2014
As a financial advisor you are very much on your own. It is up to you to succeed with very little help. A typical day consists of making lots of phone calls to find clients, conducting meetings, etc.
Pros
unlimited earning potential, mostly independent work
Cons
commission pay, cold calls, inconsistent work
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 22, 2014
Answering phones, making appointments, and scanning and entering all of the client information into the company database.
Great atmosphere with opportunity to advance
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2014
Requires vast menu knowledge and extensive steps of service. Tight nit employees.
a company of entrepreneurs
Branch Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Artesia, CADecember 30, 2013
Transamerica Financial Group Brokerage business model is completely different from the rest of the industry. The Branch Office Manager position is commission only. I developed an entrepreneurial mindset, my managerial and leadership skills.
You have to be self disciplined and extremely resourceful.
Since you are on commission only, your branch is your business. You have to be available and reachable anytime by the registered representatives, clients, product providers and regulators.
However, your success depends of the clients and their agents success. That is so rewarding.
Pros
unlimited income potential.
Cons
no health or retirement benefits. no set schedule
A good fit for those who are enterprising and are driven
Licensed Producer of life insurance (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook IllinoisJune 4, 2013
They provide a good training program, and the superiors are supportive.
Lots of Options for Cliets, But Difficult Business to be in
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Keyport, NJMay 30, 2013
In this job you need to develop a client base for people with insurance and investments (financial advisory). Unlike most jobs in the industry, you can work with 100s of companies instead of just the company you work for (and compensation is not reduced). However, working on full commission is difficult. Especially when you are in charge of doing everything. That means you call/ meet clients to book appointments, meet face to face to offer financial consultations, and make recommendations based on clients needs. This is the hardest part of the job because you need to do everything you can to meet people interested in doing insurance/ investment business with you. The plus side of this is that if you can build and maintain a big enough client base, their is a lot of potential compensation.

The best part of the job by far is the co-workers. The team of people I work with are brilliant and hardworking. They are very helpful in giving advice and assisting with sales. They are very much so team oriented. This allows you to work with others who are licensed to do something that you can't do. Management is also great and there for you whenever you need it.

If you like working in this field than this is a much better position than any company can offer because you are independent. It's just like I tell my clients... "I work FOR YOU not for some insurance company, therefore I will spend my due diligence in finding the perfect product for you."
Pros
can earn lots of money from commission, flexible schedule, monthly bonuses, can become licensed for anything whenever, lots of companies to work with
Cons
no leads, 100% commission, no benefits, you are pretty much on your own
Productive place to work with room for advancement
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJApril 18, 2013
i go to the office and do admistrative client work in the morning. i go to lunch in the afternoon then i come back to the office to make phone calls and set up appointments to meet with clients.

When i meet with clients, i review their financial picture, gather information and make proper recommendations to help them reach their financial goals and dreams.
Pros
tremendous growth opportunity
Cons
commissions based compensation
To much office politics.
Assistant Trader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, caJanuary 25, 2013
It was who you know and not about what kind of job you did. Office politics was very rampant. People either where into it or tried to put there heads down and do there jobs.
Do or do not there is no try
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2012
Calling a warm market with a near only referal market to meet for one on one financial planning at no hourly cost or minimum net worth. Learning financial concepts that you can apply to everyday life was what turned my family's life around. The office is full of people who like to play hard and work hard so off-time is very fun with the group and go-time is very serious mission accomplishmnet. At any given time I can get in a conversation with someone who can answer questions and help whatever issue arises. The leadership is incredible and very much caring about your success. Being on the phone is my hardest part, feeling like a tele-marketer even though they want to hear from you. Best part is seeing your clients develope from before meeting you through time working with you, growing.
Pros
interaction with others and making friends
Cons
people often don't value complimentary anything