Transamerica Financial Advisors Employee Reviews

good
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 4, 2017
Great firm to work for part time - Ability to create your own schedule.
You are rewarded for your hard work. This is all I wish to say about this position
Transamerica wonderful place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 4, 2017
Transamerica wonderful place to work, I always completed my task and if i need help for any reason my co-works did not mind to help. The gauranteed pay was great and it was the bi-weekly
Too much Ra Ra
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2016
Lacking substance. Managers are only focused on bottom line. Training is focused on recruiting instead of product knowledge. 100% commission. Offer additional comp to keep advisors happy.
Do not work at transamerica @ w. 190Th street torrance, ca
Financial Advisor and Analysist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 7, 2016
There are postings on craigslist stating what I went through at this office in Torrance, CA. I went in for a job interview. I did not have a lot of money except a hard work ethic and willing to learn. I was invited by Edwin. He wanted to know my current situation. I told him about my finances being not so great but I was willing to work to change that. He was very condescending towards me in person and via text messages. I never went through anything like this before. After such a depressing interview and his "power ego trip" via text m messages where he "lmao" at me. How can anyone work for anyone like that? He says he only trains "real men and women". Seriously?!

I found someone else who was willing to see my hard work ethic and willing to learn. After talking to a Real Estate Investor, he saw that I was worth something as a human being and not a piece of garbage to be laughed at. I spend my Sunday working with this Investor who was willing to help me with a real estate transaction in which I made a great profit. I am willing to learn and do even better. I moved on from such a negative experience and became a better man!

Stay away from this office in Torrance, CA. They advertise on craigslist los angeles often. They are always looking for people. Not a real surprise there after what I went through You should ask yourself why they are always advertising and looking for people all the time.
Pros
I became a better man against negativity and moved onto a better job career opportunity
Cons
Condescending interviewer who laughs at people who are struggling.
very fun and productive place of employment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 31, 2016
Transamerica is a great place to work. its like a family away from home. This is a great job tho for people who are not trying to start a business, go back to school, or have minor children who might need parental attention.

I met many awesome agents thru the inbound calls, and i was able to help many of them move their cases forward. being able to help them is satisfying. i just wish they would work with hours.
Company focused on education with room for development
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 26, 2016
Great culture with great advancement. Ability to work with Leadership and develop career. Budget availability always a concern for growth.
Amazing place if you're motivated
Licensed Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 7, 2016
I love being a financial advisor but what many don't understand is that you are your own independent contractor and you must build your business. Like any business owner you must work hard and as much as you out in is as much as you get out.
Pros
extremely flexible with life
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Your experience depends on the office you work in
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAAugust 16, 2016
Your experience with this company depends completely on which office you are apart of. I have heard people with good experiences in a different office, but I was not as fortunate. Also, the autonomy each office is given can be downfall with the wrong leadership, such was the case in my office.
Cons
Poor leadership, Poor compensation
• Recruit, and supervise Associate Financial Advisors, recomend product to client
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2016
• Recruit, and supervise Associate Financial Advisors
• Collaborate with team to identify client needs, analyze customer information, define investment goals, build plans and make recommendations for clients to achieve their investment goals and objectives through individual investment strategies while meeting asset and revenue targets
• Acquire and deepen client relationships through a comprehensive needs-based marketing and promotion of investment products and services
• Conducted comprehensive portfolio reviews, re-evaluate objectives and project portfolio performance
Good place to learn to run a business
I Investment Advisor Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 17, 2016
I would have done better had I been more connected to the community. You need a warm market to begin with and you need to develop your prospecting skills. I had difficulty because I was unemployed when I started and that makes things very, very difficult. One needs to have a steady source of income while learning and growing one's business. Otherwise it is a powerful system with great potential compensation and I would recommend it to anyone serious about starting a business who doesn't have a lot of capital or a million dollar idea.
Pros
Powerful "off the shelf" system.
Cons
You really need to know a fair sized group of people.
Redundancy
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2016
A large company going through the midst of re-organization causing good people to be overlooked and the execution of planning without proper consideration.
Sales of financial products
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GANovember 17, 2015
Sales of financial products to those you know and those you meet. You have to continue to do that as well as introduce others who may want a chance in the career.
Offered the opportunity to run one's own business
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2015
A well established provider of life insurance and financial services. Responsible for identifying prospects and converting prospects into policyholders. Often relied on telemarketing and face-to-face contacts.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Marketing at field level was somewhat weak.
Very engaging line of work with access to even upper management individuals who are ready and willing to assist you
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJuly 18, 2015
Although I have just started working for Transamerica, I already like the organizational culture and its incentives. Everyone always has a positive attitude and is willing to help each other out to achieve a common goal which is to help our customers make money, save money, and get out of debt. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help families that are struggling financially and see them prosper.
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 14, 2015
Great management and a great place to work. The environment and the people are fun to work with and very upbeat. The home office staff and higher ups in management really understand what it takes to help us do our job and they make sure that we have the tools to get the job done right.
Pros
The best people
Excellent Financial Agency building Business
Financial Planning/Sales Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 28, 2015
The great infrastructure is there for anyone with the willingness to work hard and learn. You can build something great here. Your success and failure is mostly in your hands.
Pros
great income potential, flexible hours and good work environment
Cons
It is all up to you with the help of the staff.
Great Opportunity
Investment Advisor Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 26, 2015
There are a lot of choices for you to tailor your business to how you want to work.
Financial Advisor Job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 17, 2014
As a financial advisor you are very much on your own. It is up to you to succeed with very little help. A typical day consists of making lots of phone calls to find clients, conducting meetings, etc.
Pros
unlimited earning potential, mostly independent work
Cons
commission pay, cold calls, inconsistent work
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 22, 2014
Answering phones, making appointments, and scanning and entering all of the client information into the company database.
Great atmosphere with opportunity to advance
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2014
Requires vast menu knowledge and extensive steps of service. Tight nit employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transamerica Financial Advisors. Our community is ready to answer.

Transamerica Financial Advisors Reviews by Location