Transamerica Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my job but deceptive management practices were a problem
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2015
I enjoyed my work and my co-workers, compensation was fair, and management works to keep a friendly environment in the office. Unfortunately our department was split and half of the jobs sent overseas. During this transition, our roles, duties, expectations, and even job titles were subject to frequent changes, and management was dishonest about the reasons for these changes. After months of working to transition to new roles, we were informed the jobs we had worked to transition to would no longer be in the company.
Comfortable company to work for, limited opportunities for advancement
Marketing & Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job with WRL / Transamerica was my duties as Event Manager / Coordinator. I enjoyed the full development of the planning and execution of events - large and small. I enjoyed the people I worked with on my team and all of the professional contacts that I had developed over the many years of planning these events and support. The hardest part of my job was the constant management change and vast style differences that each of these new managers brought to the table. Without a marketing or creative background, some of them simply could not visualize the big picture and would not deviate from what they wanted.
Pros
Large company, good benefits, relative freedom of creativity
Cons
Large company, frequent management changes, budget cuts
New agents need to be aware that they might have to train themselves even if they have no prior insurance sales training when hired.
Career Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 11, 2015
New agents need to be aware that they might have to train themselves even though they have no prior insurance sales training when hired.
Pros
Helping meet people's needs
Cons
Competitiveness between company co-workers
A company striving to be the best
New Business Intermediate Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2015
My typical day at Transamerica was filled with deadlines, quality assurance and developmental meetings to better the company and its processes. I learned that sometimes, change takes time. Management always let you know where you stood with the company in relation to service level agreements. My co-workers were an amazing group of people who would push each others boundaries to be the best! The hardest part of the job for me, was working diligently while being forgotten as a work from home representative. The most enjoyable part of the job was stepping away from the grind, and developing morale boosting activities for my co-workers.
Pros
benefits package, self growth
Cons
work from home program not quite ready to be rolled out when i started working from home.
Call center for Annuity Department
Customer Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 3, 2012
Good company to start at and learn about Annuities, I have gain a lot of experience in helping customers over the phone. There is no much contact with coworkers since we have to be on the phone all the time with limited break times, but great opportunity to interact with the customers. No much room for growth.
Pros
dental insurance and 401k plan with paid training.
Cons
no good health insurance option, very limited breaks and bathroom breaks, no much communication with coworkers or management.
Wonderful place to work
Claims Consumer Affairs Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJune 30, 2015
Best company I have ever worked for. I loved the people like family and was treated like family. Management worked for employees to educate, train, and made you feel like you was really important to the company. You were rewarded for the job at hand. We worked really hard and it paid off.
Pros
company picnics, incentives, lunches, quartly meetings to keep all employees updated on changes and company goals.
Awesome company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2012
If you're familiar with or interested in life insurance and annuities, then this is a great job. The customer service training process is extensive, a lot if information crammed into a few weeks. So be really comfortable with annuities, interest rates, insurance, stock market, & claims if you want to feel comfortable. Management & training staff is awesome, small office so very frequent department bonding occurs.
Pros
great pay incentives & benefits
Cons
short breaks, mandatory overtime
Felt expendable
Annuity New Business Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 24, 2014
The New Business department has a terrible attrition problem because the upper management doesn't seem to care about the employees very much. Management would rather just replace employees than change their broken procedures that are causing their high turnover problems. Definitely not a long term job and almost no advancement opportunities.
Pros
friendly co-workers, nice office
Cons
no job security
Big growing insurance comapny
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2015
Great opportunity to advance for the hard working people. Nice and dedicated co-workers and good commission paid system.
Many Insurance Products
Investments/ Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 30, 2015
Transamerica is truly dedicated to the success of it's
brokers and agents. I was given the opportunity to set my own pace
and goals. Great Company culture.
A company with a long insurance tradition moving to new model
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 20, 2015
Good company. Nice people. Like many insurance carriers they are working to re-position themselves in a changing marketplace. Very strong financials.
Pros
Brand name recognition
Great post-college
Intermediate New Business Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 1, 2015
I loved my manager, adequate training was provided and management was fair. I loved my job. Hated that I had to leave it but family situation forced me to relocate
Pros
Conveniently located to my apt
Cons
I had to leave for family reasons
Ta
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 6, 2014
Good company to work for. Long hours. Very rewarding. Good training and compensation packages. Leadership is good at times.
Fantastic place to work
Senior Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 5, 2014
I actually looked forward to going to work everyday. Your peers are fantastic to work with, everyone genuinely cares about one another on a professional and personal level. Help is not a dirty word and everyone and I do mean everyone, right up to Executive management is willing to assist.
Pros
wonderful peers, community and familyoriented company, stability is plentiful
Cons
winter in iowa :)
Productive/Busy
Inbound Contact Center Employee (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 25, 2014
A normal day in the life of working at Transamerica involves going to work, logging into the phones. (Being wired to a continuous queue.) As each phone call comes in you never know what is going to happen... Could be simple or extremely complex! All day it is back to back phone calls, and a majority of the co-workers are great!
Pros
benefit packages, customer service, cafe, gym
Cons
advancement opportunities, lack of communication
na
Intermediate New Business Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 11, 2015
Transamerica is not a good company to work for. No room for growth in my current position so I left the company to further my career.
Professional work enviornment and care for the people whom they employee.
Disbursements Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2013
On an ordinary day we can receive anywhere from 800-1000 pieces of correspondence, it is our job to ensure the customers monetary requests are processed with in our standard turn-around time of 5 days. In addition to process customer direct request we are responsible for managing the suspense accounts affiliated with the disbursed funds. We are required to ensure all suspense accounts balance, if there is a discrepancy we will research and preform accounting to balance any outstanding items. We will often assist the field office employees, agents, and call center representatives with questions and concerns on customers’ requests.
Pros
flextime, paid vacation, option to work from home
Productive work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 6, 2012
Enjoyed working with all of my co workers at Transamerica. The company had a lot of room for advancement and was dedicated to seeing the employees do well.
Pros
employee appreciation was shown often.
Cons
seemed we didn't have what was needed to fulfill the clients needs.
Summary
Tax Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 13, 2014
Transamerica is a great place to work at, challenging and fun. This company is a major corporation handling life insurance and investment plans for more than 14 million clients throughout the United States.
Pros
great culture
Insurance is a tricky industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriJanuary 21, 2014
Although Transamerica is a well-known company, they have been known to move around the country quite a bit which cause some hardship for their employees. This type of change created a lot of turn around within the organization which caused some unhappiness with employees.

2.9