Transamerica Life Insurance Company

Transamerica Life Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Felt expendable
Annuity New Business Processor (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 24, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, nice office
Cons: no job security
The New Business department has a terrible attrition problem because the upper management doesn't seem to care about the employees very much. Management would rather just replace employees than change their broken procedures that are causing their high turnover problems. Definitely not a long term job and almost no advancement opportunities.
Excellent plpace to work for
CS Tech Specialist (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 27, 2014
my job could not been any better, it is just that the company changed end up deleting my position which was not needed
Summary
Tax Accountant II (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 13, 2014
Pros: great culture
Transamerica is a great place to work at, challenging and fun. This company is a major corporation handling life insurance and investment plans for more than 14 million clients throughout the United States.
TA
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 6, 2014
Good company to work for. Long hours. Very rewarding. Good training and compensation packages. Leadership is good at times.
Excellent work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: incentives for work performance.
Cons: lack of performance between supervisors and front line employees.
I am a team player, like to increase productivity and initiate new procedures to better created an exciting work environment.
Insurance is a tricky industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriJanuary 21, 2014
Although Transamerica is a well-known company, they have been known to move around the country quite a bit which cause some hardship for their employees. This type of change created a lot of turn around within the organization which caused some unhappiness with employees.
Incredible Learning Experience
Attorney (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaOctober 26, 2013
The environment is somewhat ambiguous. This is a plus if you do not like being in a box, but can be disconcerting if you need structure.
Welcoming team environment
Pricing Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2013
The working environment in my area is very dynamic and interactive. There's a lot of testing and trying an error involved in product design and product pricing since there's no definite right or wrong answer.
Transamerica is an overall good company
Administrative Training (Current Employee), Exton, PAJune 10, 2013
Transamerica is an overall good company. I have learned a lot about the insurance business working here at Transamerica.
Plenty of fun activities to keep everybody interested
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Exton, PAMay 14, 2013
I enjoyed working at Transamerica. The managment was great and so are my coworkers.
Fast paced company
New Business Co-Ordinator (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: good lunches with the coworkers
Cons: benfifits were not that good.
A typical day at work, a lot of applications to process, learned more about the transamerica retirement plans, and more about their products, nice people to work with,
Professional work enviornment and care for the people whom they employee.
Disbursements Senior Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: flextime, paid vacation, option to work from home
On an ordinary day we can receive anywhere from 800-1000 pieces of correspondence, it is our job to ensure the customers monetary requests are processed with in our standard turn-around time of 5 days. In addition to process customer direct request we are responsible for managing the suspense accounts affiliated with the disbursed funds. We are required – more... to ensure all suspense accounts balance, if there is a discrepancy we will research and preform accounting to balance any outstanding items. We will often assist the field office employees, agents, and call center representatives with questions and concerns on customers’ requests. – less
Productive work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 6, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation was shown often.
Cons: seemed we didn't have what was needed to fulfill the clients needs.
Enjoyed working with all of my co workers at Transamerica. The company had a lot of room for advancement and was dedicated to seeing the employees do well.
Call center for Annuity Department
Customer Care Unit (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COJuly 3, 2012
Pros: dental insurance and 401k plan with paid training.
Cons: no good health insurance option, very limited breaks and bathroom breaks, no much communication with coworkers or management.
Good company to start at and learn about Annuities, I have gain a lot of experience in helping customers over the phone. There is no much contact with coworkers since we have to be on the phone all the time with limited break times, but great opportunity to interact with the customers. No much room for growth.
Awesome company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 23, 2012
Pros: great pay incentives & benefits
Cons: short breaks, mandatory overtime
If you're familiar with or interested in life insurance and annuities, then this is a great job. The customer service training process is extensive, a lot if information crammed into a few weeks. So be really comfortable with annuities, interest rates, insurance, stock market, & claims if you want to feel comfortable. Management & training staff is – more... awesome, small office so very frequent department bonding occurs. – less
Productive and fun
Team Lead (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2012
Pros: incentives
Fast paced, fun atmosphere, a family setting. Great company to work for