Transamerica Life Insurance Company

Transamerica Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great post-college
Intermediate New Business Case Coordinator (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Conveniently located to my apt
Cons: I had to leave for family reasons
I loved my manager, adequate training was provided and management was fair. I loved my job. Hated that I had to leave it but family situation forced me to relocate
na
Intermediate New Business Case Coordinator (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 11, 2015
Transamerica is not a good company to work for. No room for growth in my current position so I left the company to further my career.
A company striving to be the best
New Business Intermediate Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 5, 2015
Pros: benefits package, self growth
Cons: work from home program not quite ready to be rolled out when i started working from home.
My typical day at Transamerica was filled with deadlines, quality assurance and developmental meetings to better the company and its processes. I learned that sometimes, change takes time. Management always let you know where you stood with the company in relation to service level agreements. My co-workers were an amazing group of people who would push each others boundaries to be the best! The hardest part of the job for me, was working diligently while being forgotten as a work from home representative. The most enjoyable part of the job was stepping away from the grind, and developing morale boosting activities for my co-workers.
Productive days speaking and helping many walks of life
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Exton, PAOctober 14, 2014
Learned new ideas and how to speak with many people. Explaining products, claims, bills, etc.
FANTASTIC PLACE TO WORK
Senior Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful peers, community and familyoriented company, stability is plentiful
Cons: winter in iowa :)
I actually looked forward to going to work everyday. Your peers are fantastic to work with, everyone genuinely cares about one another on a professional and personal level. Help is not a dirty word and everyone and I do mean everyone, right up to Executive management is willing to assist.
Productive/Busy
Inbound Contact Center Employee (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: benefit packages, customer service, cafe, gym
Cons: advancement opportunities, lack of communication
A normal day in the life of working at Transamerica involves going to work, logging into the phones. (Being wired to a continuous queue.) As each phone call comes in you never know what is going to happen... Could be simple or extremely complex! All day it is back to back phone calls, and a majority of the co-workers are great!
Felt expendable
Annuity New Business Processor (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 24, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, nice office
Cons: no job security
The New Business department has a terrible attrition problem because the upper management doesn't seem to care about the employees very much. Management would rather just replace employees than change their broken procedures that are causing their high turnover problems. Definitely not a long term job and almost no advancement opportunities.
Excellent plpace to work for
CS Tech Specialist (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 27, 2014
my job could not been any better, it is just that the company changed end up deleting my position which was not needed
Summary
Tax Accountant II (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 13, 2014
Pros: great culture
Transamerica is a great place to work at, challenging and fun. This company is a major corporation handling life insurance and investment plans for more than 14 million clients throughout the United States.
TA
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 6, 2014
Good company to work for. Long hours. Very rewarding. Good training and compensation packages. Leadership is good at times.
Excellent work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: incentives for work performance.
Cons: lack of performance between supervisors and front line employees.
I am a team player, like to increase productivity and initiate new procedures to better created an exciting work environment.
Insurance is a tricky industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriJanuary 21, 2014
Although Transamerica is a well-known company, they have been known to move around the country quite a bit which cause some hardship for their employees. This type of change created a lot of turn around within the organization which caused some unhappiness with employees.
Incredible Learning Experience
Attorney (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaOctober 26, 2013
The environment is somewhat ambiguous. This is a plus if you do not like being in a box, but can be disconcerting if you need structure.
Welcoming team environment
Pricing Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2013
The working environment in my area is very dynamic and interactive. There's a lot of testing and trying an error involved in product design and product pricing since there's no definite right or wrong answer.
Transamerica is an overall good company
Administrative Training (Current Employee), Exton, PAJune 10, 2013
Transamerica is an overall good company. I have learned a lot about the insurance business working here at Transamerica.
Plenty of fun activities to keep everybody interested
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Exton, PAMay 14, 2013
I enjoyed working at Transamerica. The managment was great and so are my coworkers.
Fast paced company
New Business Co-Ordinator (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: good lunches with the coworkers
Cons: benfifits were not that good.
A typical day at work, a lot of applications to process, learned more about the transamerica retirement plans, and more about their products, nice people to work with,
Professional work enviornment and care for the people whom they employee.
Disbursements Senior Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: flextime, paid vacation, option to work from home
On an ordinary day we can receive anywhere from 800-1000 pieces of correspondence, it is our job to ensure the customers monetary requests are processed with in our standard turn-around time of 5 days. In addition to process customer direct request we are responsible for managing the suspense accounts affiliated with the disbursed funds. We are required to ensure all suspense accounts balance, if there is a discrepancy we will research and preform accounting to balance any outstanding items. We will often assist the field office employees, agents, and call center representatives with questions and concerns on customers’ requests.
Productive work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 6, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation was shown often.
Cons: seemed we didn't have what was needed to fulfill the clients needs.
Enjoyed working with all of my co workers at Transamerica. The company had a lot of room for advancement and was dedicated to seeing the employees do well.
Call center for Annuity Department
Customer Care Unit (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COJuly 3, 2012
Pros: dental insurance and 401k plan with paid training.
Cons: no good health insurance option, very limited breaks and bathroom breaks, no much communication with coworkers or management.
Good company to start at and learn about Annuities, I have gain a lot of experience in helping customers over the phone. There is no much contact with coworkers since we have to be on the phone all the time with limited break times, but great opportunity to interact with the customers. No much room for growth.

Transamerica Life Insurance Company Salaries