Transamerica Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Constant turn over
Annuity Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 3, 2017
The company provides sufficient training, but tends to over hire and then has mass job cuts when business is slow. Job security is not strong. good food
Not really sure how to feel about Company
Payout Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 17, 2017
I worked for Transamerica for almost 3 years. This company promises you growth in the company but yet when you try to move on to the next step they cut you down. In more cases then not your are not paid what you deserve for the job at hand. My teammates were like a family to me as I spent more time a day with them then my own child even. Unfortunately when it comes to management though they do now know the job that they are supervising over which makes it very difficult to ask for any assistance in the long run. The biggest plus is this is a job that you can go into with no prior experience and be fully trained on the job only be careful where they place you because there are some departments you will never get out of because of lack of knowledge of systems.
Currently tough place to work
Virtual Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 12, 2017
Days were typically very busy and I learned a great deal during my 10 years there. Overall I had some good managers, but a lot of changes were made and the company was trying to establish a new direction and a big change in the culture of the work environment came with all of that.
Teamwork was great
Customer Service Rep, Processor (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 1, 2017
When I first started working with the company the benefits were great and the overall morale was very high. Over the years, the health insurance coverage changed for the worse, and it seemed like they had a harder time keeping people. The team I worked with was great, the Supervisors were amazing. Because they had a hard time keeping people the phone lines would sometimes not stop til after closing, and we would have to stay until all the calls were cleared which was not fun.
Pros
excellent cafeteria
Cons
healthcare was very limited
Good company to work for.
Cash Management- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2017
I started as temp in the group billing department and loved it for 6 months, but transferred to Document Services- Cash Dept. I crosstrained on all workflows and my quality was good, which led me to promotion to Team Lead. The company had many Wellness events for employees, Employee Appreciation Week, assistance for school, offered all kinds of classes to improve anyone's work skills, classes for Certificates,etc. Rewards for certain years of service and for job well done, sites to go to or emails received to keep you informed of Company locations and changes, list goes on. I will truly miss working there.
Pros
Good benefits, great team and management
Cons
Unsure of Little Rock AR location staying in future.
Transamerica
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 19, 2017
Transamerica is a company with a high turn over rate. People move up out of the Call Center and into other positions but most leave the company entirely for something new. Management doesn't seem to be on the same page from day to day operations.
Very good people to work with.
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2017
It is a good place to work, but it is extremely hard to pay your bills with the commission structure that they have. I enjoy working with the clients and our managers, they are terrific.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job is helping clients. The hardest part of the job is finding new prospects.
Great Company
Regional Vice President / Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I worked for Transamerica for 6 years. It was tough towards the end of my career with them because changes in their business model.
Pros
None to list
Cons
None to list
Culture is constantly changing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 14, 2017
Great people to work with, quality of service is unprofessional. Systems are outdated. Too many long hours not getting compensated for it.
Pros
Company location is great
Cons
Too many changes, management don't care about employees
financial company
CUSTOMER CARE TEAM (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
They have low employee appreciation. There is no job security. They do not prepare you for the job well. But sometimes they will have sandwiches catered.
New agents need to be aware that they might have to train themselves even if they have no prior insurance sales training when hired.
Career Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 11, 2015
New agents need to be aware that they might have to train themselves even though they have no prior insurance sales training when hired.
Pros
Helping meet people's needs
Cons
Competitiveness between company co-workers
Structured Business Environment
financial analyst (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHDecember 4, 2015
Good Co-workers - Fasted paced - Enjoyed helping clients with financial issues - Constant Learning Experience - Insurance is good - Supervisors and Management is hard to speak with if there is an issue.
Pros
Co-workers, Pay, Advancement Oppertunities
Cons
No Management to deal with questions. Lack of Supervisors for issues.
Big growing insurance comapny
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2015
Great opportunity to advance for the hard working people. Nice and dedicated co-workers and good commission paid system.
A company with a long insurance tradition moving to new model
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 20, 2015
Good company. Nice people. Like many insurance carriers they are working to re-position themselves in a changing marketplace. Very strong financials.
Pros
Brand name recognition
Cons
I enjoyed my job but deceptive management practices were a problem
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2015
I enjoyed my work and my co-workers, compensation was fair, and management works to keep a friendly environment in the office. Unfortunately our department was split and half of the jobs sent overseas. During this transition, our roles, duties, expectations, and even job titles were subject to frequent changes, and management was dishonest about the reasons for these changes. After months of working to transition to new roles, we were informed the jobs we had worked to transition to would no longer be in the company.
Many Insurance Products
Investments/ Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 30, 2015
Transamerica is truly dedicated to the success of it's
brokers and agents. I was given the opportunity to set my own pace
and goals. Great Company culture.
Wonderful place to work
Claims Consumer Affairs Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJune 30, 2015
Best company I have ever worked for. I loved the people like family and was treated like family. Management worked for employees to educate, train, and made you feel like you was really important to the company. You were rewarded for the job at hand. We worked really hard and it paid off.
Pros
company picnics, incentives, lunches, quartly meetings to keep all employees updated on changes and company goals.
Cons
Comfortable company to work for, limited opportunities for advancement
Marketing & Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job with WRL / Transamerica was my duties as Event Manager / Coordinator. I enjoyed the full development of the planning and execution of events - large and small. I enjoyed the people I worked with on my team and all of the professional contacts that I had developed over the many years of planning these events and support. The hardest part of my job was the constant management change and vast style differences that each of these new managers brought to the table. Without a marketing or creative background, some of them simply could not visualize the big picture and would not deviate from what they wanted.
Pros
Large company, good benefits, relative freedom of creativity
Cons
Large company, frequent management changes, budget cuts
Great post-college
Intermediate New Business Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 1, 2015
I loved my manager, adequate training was provided and management was fair. I loved my job. Hated that I had to leave it but family situation forced me to relocate
Pros
Conveniently located to my apt
Cons
I had to leave for family reasons
na
Intermediate New Business Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 11, 2015
Transamerica is not a good company to work for. No room for growth in my current position so I left the company to further my career.