Transamerica Life Insurance Employee Reviews

Effective, personal and all round staff
New Business Submit Team (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 26, 2016
Everyone at this Transamerica site are incredible people. From security to indexing, everyone all managed to have fun and get work done. Management here is second to none. They always have an understand of where people come from and how to relate to them.
Pros
flexible hours if need be
Cons
expensive cafe and short breaks
Customer Advocacy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72223November 22, 2016
Should Have The Customer Grading The "Quality Calls" , THer eis Someone That Hasn't Beenon the Phones In years Grading A Call
Fast paced inbound call center
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2016
Take in bound and out bound calls in a high volume fast paced call center. Help people manage their annuities and life savings. Performed fund transfers and exchanges with in sub-accounts based on the stock market.
Pros
Free light rail pass
Cons
No employee appreciation
Great benefits, lack of promotions opportunities
Life, Health and Annuity Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2016
The Job benefits are great but the opportunity for advancement were nonexistant. People are calling for Medicaid help however there is nothing you can do because all can do is to refer them to call DCF or SSI because these are the agency who can actually provide them with the benefit. You are on the phone all the time and you are given 5-6 minutes trying to convince someone who is in extreme need of medical attention that although your Agency is call Florida Medicaid you do not give medicaid you simply manage the program, your main responsabilities are to provide list of agencies which can help, and list of Doctors who accept medicaid.
Pros
Health benefit
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Constant change
Director, Claims Operations (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 13, 2016
Undergoing reorg across entire organization which results in constant stress and pressure across all levels of staff. Divisions were previously silo operations that operated more like small companies with many tenured employees. As organization was combined management was frequently at another location. Opportunity for advancement or more responsibility is there. Senior leaders need more transparency in communication and to allow changes to settle before more are added.
Pros
Beautiful building, cafeteria and gym
Cons
Constant change
Good Company to work for.
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2016
I really enjoyed my job. I worked from home 3 days. Required minimum supervision. Met quality and quantity. Worked well with co-workers. I would have continued working for Transamerica. Due to Voluntary Separation Package and unknown lay offs I took the Voluntary Separation Package.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Non
productive
Lead Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Very formal environment. The culture was diverse and fun place to work. The company was stable and offered good benefits. The wage was low and increase anually were not the best.
Lack of leadership
Independent Life Insurance Agent - Part time (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 17, 2016
Lack of leadership from top to bottom. Standard insurance sales job where you eat what you kill. Good products but difficult to place because underwriting takes a long time.
Nice work environment with great people to work with
Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 2, 2016
I had the opportunity to realize the American dream of starting out in a customer service role and advancing to management. Hard work paid off for me over the 23 years I spent with the company. I learned a great deal about software applications and had solid managers for the majority of my time there. Still, the very best part of working at Transamerica were the terrific people I had the opportunity to work with year over year.
Pros
Nice cafeteria and health club on the premises.
Cons
Job security was always a concern
csr
Customer Service Contact/ Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 26, 2016
Received 50-70 inbound calls from customers’ interested in health insurance and supplemental insurance products.
Placed outbound follow-up calls to customers in our database.
Educated customers on plans and processes and provided assistance with enrollment. Ensured proactive customer service /sales techniques with the highest degree of courtesy and telephone etiquette.
Employee
Administrative Assistant CEO/CFO/Sr Exec (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMay 9, 2016
Transamerica was an excellent company to work for at the time I was employed. The organization treated all employees with respect and valued all individuals input. We were offered training, opportunities for advancement. and great benefits. At the time of our layoff the company was reorganizing and eliminating the jobs where employees were grandfathered. Out of 42 individuals, only 1 was under 50 years old. I was very lucky to have had the opportunity to work with such a great Senior management team and co-workers.
Pros
Great managment, benefits, and co-workers.
Cons
Low pay scale in comparison to the area.
Extremely Challenging- High Stressed
Premium Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 12, 2016
one of the most challenging/complex jobs - from responding to emails, to reconciling challenging group bills to obtaining pertinent info from groups/agents and getting to appropriate department for processing accurately and timely -
I learned sharper organization skills-
Management assisted with questions outside my knowledge
Co-worker were the best ! Leaned on one another- What one of us didn't know.. we counted on one another for support -
Hardest part of the job.. was completing the multi-tasks we were
handed on a daily basis-- meeting Production as well as Quality while putting out fires and responding to questions or issues form groups and agents-
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of the daily accomplishments of an extremely challenging bill with multiple maintenance issues on top of the daily challenges -- high stress was full adrenaline to the max--
Pros
Free training...excel- word - powerpoint plus many more
Cons
short days -- days went by too fast
A typical day at work
JC Penney Life Insurance Company (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 6, 2016
I would pull and process multiple reports and process customer request such as billing changes, cancellations, surrenders, conversions, reinstatement, apply premiums, refunds and reconciled account. I would help my manager with special projects when ever he was in need of help and also helped train my co-workers learn additional processing. I would help customer service with irate bilingual callers when necessary. I was constantly busy through out the day which made my days go by very fast. I really enjoyed my job
Pros
We were allowed to work from home twice a week
Cons
The Company laying off employees
Nice Workplace
Customer Service/Policy Transactions (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 22, 2016
Transamerica is a pretty nice place to work. It has its pros and cons. Great management, great atmosphere, no weekends. I was just ready for a new start.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Low pay and bonus
Comopany is leaderless and in disarray.
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAFebruary 25, 2016
They are consolidating and laying off many people. It is an uncertain work environment with no future. It is very unsettling to work there.
Management change in progress
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  IowaFebruary 19, 2016
Moral inside and in field is not good now. Should be much better in a couple of years. Major changes to how distribution will be managed. It does not seem that management or the distribution fully knows what their next step is going to be.
Pros
Well know name
Cons
To many role changes in the works with no end in sight
Don't waste your time.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 1, 2015
This is not a permanent type job for MOST people. I loved what I did, but was not a good "salesperson" evidently. Insurance is a cut-throat industry and it's very hard to "make it."
The people I worked with were wonderful and I enjoyed that part of my job very much!
Very productive and relaxing Company to work at
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 9, 2015
On a typical day, I would receive my work via email and start my day. Our Supervisor did not pressure you into hurrying up to do your work. She treated us like the adults we were and allowed us to work independently. The hardest part of work was some times running out work and waiting till it was sent to you. I enjoyed being able to work with a great Team that was always there when I needed them and allowed you to shine.
Pros
If all goals were met and the end of the week, we would get to go home a few hours early on Fridays with pay.
Cons
No complains about this position.
Great post-college
New Business Intermediate Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 2, 2015
Management was great, with great orientation and training. I felt very effective and productive with this company. This job was a great opportunity to develop skills and gain great experience
Pros
Management was great
Cons
I could not bring the company with me when I relocated to Texas
Loved helping agents with any questions
New Business Processor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 9, 2014
My typical day at work when I was employed was talking with agents on the phone all day regarding life insurance questions and completion of policies being done. I learned different parts of how an insurance agency works and how to process a life insurance application from start to finish. Managment was not easy to speak with. Co-workers were great to collaborate with questions and ideas. Hardest part about job was an agent yelling and getting frustrated about our process on how to complete a life insurance job. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I am securing a future for clients families financial assistance with family members pass away.

2.8