Transamerica US Employee Reviews in United States

Dont work here
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 21, 2015
If you get hired, which is pretty easy to get the job bc they will hire anyone, you will work countless hours of overtime that they mandate! The reason being is they have a huge turnover rate and high volume of calls. If you so the math, this leaves you with little to no outside life, as you are expected to pick up the slack when others quit. This wouldnt be bad if they could keep poeple or have more training classes but they only hire twice a year. You are seen only as a number and getting time off approved is nearly impossible if you have an emergency or give short notice. Its amazing how micromanaged they are and even if you do a good job they will find something to knit-pick, lowering morale. I should have seen the signs when i was seating with poeple who were training me, telling Me horrible things abiut the job. If you need a job, this would do the trick. But dont plan on staying long!
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Madated OT, micromanaged, not easy to get time off, low work place morale
Great Company
Manager/Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 30, 2015
When hired, great working conditions/base salary, training. New management has changed all of the benefits/structure. You could end up with out pay checks.
Pros
benefits, 401, pension
Cons
new management
The other reviews are accurate
bottle washer (Current Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 23, 2015
A loser of a company to work for. Unless you are incredibly desperate for work, you do not want to work here. For instance, I am responsible for influencing 401k participants to save money through their company's plan that is serviced through Transamerica; interestingly though, my own company (Transamerica) is too cheap to allow me to participate in theirs.
Pros
great brand name
Cons
incredibly dumb management
Horrible if you are good at passing mid term praised give you
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Saint PetersburgJanuary 27, 2015
Yes orientation is nice benefits are nice trainers and supervisors and managers are nice but that's as far as it goes I was terminated on my third week because the company has a mid term you have to score80% to pass, you get a retake, I didn't pass both, since I have test anxiety issues and none of that was explained to me in the interview in advance that was no ball in the park for me. Yes it's open book you have notes but the questions in the test felt tricked and very difficult to find at times, you are timed 50 questions in 4 hours, the trainer rushed the class with too much info in 2 weeks we couldn't study at home, I warned my trainer in advance I don't do well on tests she assured me I would pass, well me and 2 others failed in the class we were terminated and escorted out, I felt like dirt, I will miss my class mates they were most helpful and encouraging I pray they all pass the final test after another 3 weeks of training and like the position, as for me I will have to start all over finding new employment I do not recommend working for this company if tests are what they care about so be it with them
Pros
class was kind trainers nice
Cons
tests are difficult to pass too much info in time allotted
Terrible Place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 26, 2014
If you work in the call center be prepared to be micromanaged. If you go to the restroom there will likely be a supervisor pretty much asking you where you were when you return to your desk. Time off? They clearly don't know what that means. Unless it's for a doc appointment you won't be getting that time off approved. You're forced to learn new lines of business and do other tasks you weren't originally hired to do without any pay raise. The training to learn how to perform those new job duties will be about 2 days if you're lucky. Most likely just a few hours of training which means you end up being clueless to what you're doing. Someone is always quitting or fired. Then new hires.and the cycle repeats itself. You will sometimes notice agents have submitted in applications on a client that did not even ask for life insurance. You will know this because the client will call you not even knowing who the agent is and how we got their information. i.e. Social number. This information reported to the fraud department gets ignored. Unethical business practices! You've been warned.
Pros
cafeteria, tuition reimbursement
Cons
micromanagement etc!
Great work place for customer focused people!
Operations Team Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 6, 2015
Overall, I truly loved this company and the job I did daily (call center for annuities.) Great opportunities for growth if you're willing to put in the effort. Training was decent but improved greatly while I was there. Average annual bonuses were around $6000 if not a little more. You'll have bad days, but I have found that true at every job.
Pros
Work/life balance, incentives, management
Cons
Some occasional overtime, call volumes
loveed the products
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2015
A good place to work, but not in the office. Too many politics. Wish the atmosphere was more professional. Senior manager out of line at times.
great business
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAOctober 14, 2015
it is a great business. learned ho to manage my own time and my own business. i enjoyed meeting a lot of people that became clients. the hardest part is that you are your own boss so you have to work for what you want without no one telling you what to do.
Efective Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 20, 2015
Great work environment, Team work was key. I loved being there and appreciate the opportunity. Always something that made you excited about coming to work.
If negative stars existed
Csr (Former Employee) –  DenverFebruary 10, 2015
Honestly had the worst boss I've ever had in ten plus years of working. No one stays working for transamerica for more than a year unless they really really really kiss some booty. I was in a class where I was trained in one thing that was not a common work type . Each and everyday all of my class would struggle to find work. In the end of the day I was let go because of bs reasons . Other ppl were let go for bs reasons . It's common , transamerica is moving towards having all temp workers so they can cut corners . A true cesspool of a company
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management with no intelligence
Protrays itself as a Professional company but run away!!
Premium Analyst (Former Employee) –  PlanoJanuary 24, 2014
I got the interview, now I am excited. Job interview was uniquely under qualifying as I was shown an excel report and asked "Can you do this?" I acknowledge the report and was hired. Not much of an interview, we did not discuss my other credentials(years of experience) or my recent degree in finance. I thought hey not the best interview but very excited to get the job for a decent wage.
Showed up for work with the excitement glow ready to help my new team mates.
Rocked after the first week, because the supervisor did not (because she could not) train a different new employee that was 30 days into her job. That employee was denied equal treatment apparently color plays a part in decisions concerning advancement or potential raises. I was shocked! Director level management had their old guard set in place for years!
As three years passed saw many individual treated unfairly by poor supervisor and director's. Recurring thought was if the outside world knew about this organization no one would by Insurance from this place. After using my management skills from a prior experiences - to help cultivate a more team atmosphere for all which was inclusive. I was branded a color lover to which I was proud of? Again WOW!
Is this really happening in 2013? Aren't we tired of the disrespect to others? When I approached HR. Nothing changed except additional mistreatment because I was now a threat.
Finally forced to look for another job elsewhere because of the harassment. Thank God I was blessed to get a job with a more Professional approach including a windowed office. Felt bad because others
  more... were not able to leave and were great people. Under the right management team with true evaluations based on qualifications/job performance this place could excel but sadly from my contacts the same old discriminating tricks are still being played with no accountability especially the HR corporate staff after being informed by many, many others as they quit!
This place is not worth the effort! Move along! I hope this helps!
Pros
start pay, on-site cafeteria
Cons
unprofessional supervisors and directors, hr protects its own
horrible place to work
new business case manager (Former Employee) –  st.pete flFebruary 8, 2015
I would not recommend this place in a million years. You do not receive any sick leave even though you are given PTO throughout the year. They do not accept doctors notes so God forbid you get sick you will lose your job. The managers have a meeting every hour and are of absolutely no help! Do not apply for this company you will regret it. Your job will be ripped out from under you and they have no remorse about it. I don't know how these people live with themselves. HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT!!
Cons
everything
It was okay but now not so much
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Plano,TxNovember 18, 2013
I think when you have to get a drs note in order to use the restroom to prevent from getting fired you are in the wrong place. It used to be an okay place to be but if you end up in the call center , it won't be for long. Who ever heard of running an insurance business where being a licensed agent wasn't a business need. Wrap your mind around that.
Pros
not being in the call center
Cons
beng in the call center.
The absolute worst place ever
Former Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 27, 2013
Training in the classroom is the best part of working for this company. Leadership is horrible. Goals are unattainable.
Cons
leadership is horrible, goals are unattainable
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhMay 20, 2013
I've worked for Transamerica for 5 years. It's a great company to work for!
Pros
food days, able to walk on breaks, great people that work there
Cons
not able to move up

2.6