Transamerica US

Transamerica US Employer Reviews

Protrays itself as a Professional company but run away!!
Premium Analyst (Former Employee), PlanoJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: start pay, on-site cafeteria
Cons: unprofessional supervisors and directors, hr protects its own
I got the interview, now I am excited. Job interview was uniquely under qualifying as I was shown an excel report and asked "Can you do this?" I acknowledge the report and was hired. Not much of an interview, we did not discuss my other credentials(years of experience) or my recent degree in finance. I thought hey not the best interview but very excited – more... to get the job for a decent wage.
Showed up for work with the excitement glow ready to help my new team mates.
Rocked after the first week, because the supervisor did not (because she could not) train a different new employee that was 30 days into her job. That employee was denied equal treatment apparently color plays a part in decisions concerning advancement or potential raises. I was shocked! Director level management had their old guard set in place for years!
As three years passed saw many individual treated unfairly by poor supervisor and director's. Recurring thought was if the outside world knew about this organization no one would by Insurance from this place. After using my management skills from a prior experiences - to help cultivate a more team atmosphere for all which was inclusive. I was branded a color lover to which I was proud of? Again WOW!
Is this really happening in 2013? Aren't we tired of the disrespect to others? When I approached HR. Nothing changed except additional mistreatment because I was now a threat.
Finally forced to look for another job elsewhere because of the harassment. Thank God I was blessed to get a job with a more Professional approach including a windowed office. Felt bad because others were not able to leave and were great people. Under the right management team with true evaluations based on qualifications/job performance this place could excel but sadly from my contacts the same old discriminating tricks are still being played with no accountability especially the HR corporate staff after being informed by many, many others as they quit!
This place is not worth the effort! Move along! I hope this helps! – less
It was okay but now not so much
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Plano,TxNovember 18, 2013
Pros: not being in the call center
Cons: beng in the call center.
I think when you have to get a drs note in order to use the restroom to prevent from getting fired you are in the wrong place. It used to be an okay place to be but if you end up in the call center , it won't be for long. Who ever heard of running an insurance business where being a licensed agent wasn't a business need. Wrap your mind around that.
The absolute worst place ever
Former Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Exton, PAAugust 27, 2013
Cons: leadership is horrible, goals are unattainable
Training in the classroom is the best part of working for this company. Leadership is horrible. Goals are unattainable.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhMay 20, 2013
Pros: food days, able to walk on breaks, great people that work there
Cons: not able to move up
I've worked for Transamerica for 5 years. It's a great company to work for!