Transamerica

Transamerica Employer Reviews

I enjoyed being an executive assistant.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 13, 2014
This job has a lot of room for making money and advancing, but it's not for everyone. I kind of liked where I was in the office, despite the pressures from people I worked around to become a transamerica agent. I liked my job though, all in all.
Tranamerica is a great Insurance and Investment Firm to work for
Financial Advisory Business Associate (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJune 13, 2014
The one thing I love about Transamerica is you can make the income you are aiming for part time. I also love the networking potential. We have a very large client base which keeps us ahead of competitors.
great place to work
Customer Service Sales Rep (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: cafe on site
Cons: call volume changes daily
call center phone rep assisting customers with life insurance
Fair treatment of employees, and good work environment.
Application Processor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 22, 2014
Pros: great environment, friendly co-workers, lunch room had many options, fair break times.
In the short time I worked there, it was nice. Training was about a month long for my position, but any questions I had were answered to the fullest. What couldn't be answered, could be found through the works social networking. The people were friendly, and all together it was a good experience.
Can be fast paced but also have very slow times
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2014
Pros: great environment wonderful people
Cons: the distance from my house, complicated program
I liked this job I found it to be extremely challenging but also found it to be rewarding. I acquired knowledge about all types of life insurance policies that I didn't know before. My co-workers were the best. The hardest part of my job was was the continuous calls on a Monday. Finding new friends at this job was the most enjoyable part of my job. – more... I walked away with some amazing friends and some family – less
Lot of Self-Responsibilities
Lead Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 14, 2014
Project Status Calls
Agile Methodology
Hardest part: Lack of directions provided
Cordial Co-workers
Fun environment
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2014
Good environment to grow and learn new skills. It is a shame the company was purchased by AEGON
Redundant and not much room nor encouragement for growth.
Licensing and Commissions Administrator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2014
I enjoyed that my department worked with and helped the customers directly. Also, my salary was the only other attractive part of my time there, as it was the highest salary I've had in my professional life to this point.
Productive and work space
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Brea, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: great income potential
I enjoy working as a leader for a large firm. I have found that working along side with similar passionate people allow you to hit your goals in business and in life much faster. As I am growing and keeping my business options open I plan to use my skills to give me an advantage in the next journey of career planning.
Work well with clients
Agent (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: no breaks
Fastest in business. They have good communication. The underwriters are good. The supervision is good.
Good Benefits...but Callcenter, yuch
Callcenter Rep (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: gym, and cafeteria
Cons: the whole position
You have to work/learn 10 systems (most very old), to answer the very complex questions, that really an agent should answer.
Billing questions (which are all difficult), are the majority of the calls.
Soon the dept will be open till 10pm.
Prepare to work OT, due to the fact that the insureds wait on hold an average of an hour.
Get reminded quite frequently, – more... that you have to hurry to take more calls, mind you the above explains why its hard to get off call quickly.
Really everyone needs more than 30 min lunch, very stressful. – less
Friendly place to work
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 10, 2014
very friendly place to work and the cafe and fitness center are superior.
Strong culture.
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2014
Transamerica as a whole is highly invested in building a strong, healthy culture for it's employees and in providing excellent products and service to it's customers.
Very challenging, yet rewarding
Tax Examiner (Former Employee), Melville, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: so many learning opportunities!
Cons: very high stress level, almost constantly.
Fantastic job, I would probably still be there if the company had not been sold and relocated. I was given the opportunity to do so much: I participated in, organized and facilitated projects designed to identify best practices and measure process improvement. I got to lead focus groups resulting in improved communication between associates and management. – more... I devised and coordinated a program which enabled associates from company offices across the country to establish communication and gain insight into other aspects of the business. The most enjoyable thing was feeling like I worked with friends and family. The hardest part was bringing home mail buckets of work to do over the weekend. – less
Fun workplace, constant workflow
Service Representative (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great discounts on events and functions in the area
Cons: not alot of communication between management or teams
Main responsibilities include processing Variable Annuity applications. This includes reviewing the application and contacting the insurance agent or advisor for not in good order items. Once all items are received, I key the client's information into a data-entry program and process any checks received. If checks are not received with the application, – more... letters are sent to request the funds from the surrendering company. I key and print the approval letter, put it together with the transfer paperwork received from the insurance agent and mail or fax it to the surrendering company. If no funds are received within 7-10 business days, I make the call out to the company to determine if any information is missing or if funds are in the process of being transferred. Follow up calls between the surrendering company and the insurance advisors continue until the funds are received and applied. – less
Typical Big Company
Senior Accountant-Derivative Reporting (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits and vacation time
Cons: in a cost saving mode, many positions are not being replaced.
Transamerica is a typical big company. Good benefits and vacation/holiday time is provides and salaries are fairly competitive in the market.
Very nice cafeteria and gym
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: double monitors, cafeteria, gym, nature walk
Cons: pay and system was antiquated.
My typical day started early at 8:30 because I worked overtime each morning until my shift of 10:30. The calls were pretty steady but I was able to maintain a 96% quality in monitored calls and I answered all calls by the 2nd ring. I had to pass a major insurance knowledge test to keep the job after training and I passed with a 92%. Learning about the – more... different types of life insurance was great knowledge for me. My co-workers were very approachable and wanted to help if I had a question. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help a client because the system was updating. The most enjoyable part was helping someone especially when they needed a loan on the value of the policy. Management was very approachable and supportive. – less
Great company for growth
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: low pay
Transamerica is a great company to work for with lots of room for advancement.
very freindly and relaxed enviroment
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 22, 2014
Provide financial solutions and protections for both family and businesses
ok Company to work for
Registered Investment Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: ecitement, access to some good investmenet, cheapest way to be an independent advisor
Cons: lacks resourses for licensed advisors, lacks training with thier system
With the purchase or merger of WFG they are still working out some kinks. Overall good experience. This position isn't your usual salary position (commission only). They do lack resources to help you become successful. ie... corporate headquarters is not very helpful with helping you help your clients. I had a difficult transition from a large brokerage – more... firm to this firm as an independent advisor. It took way to long to get going and wasted too much time/ money on the how instead of selling.

They push trying to develop a team, but this is a difficult industry for a career changer. While trying to make a transition over from another firm and develop people who honestly have no business in the financial arena isn't worth your time.

Not right for me, will consider coming back if they take the financial advisor side serious. Lets hope that the WFG side doesn't tarnish Transamerica name. – less

1 2 3 4

About Transamerica

At the Transamerica companies, we "Transform Tomorrow". We’re not just insurance policies, annuities and retirement – Read more