Transamerica Employee Reviews

Very productive workplace and jeans on Fridays.
3rd Level Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 28, 2017
I started rite away on a big hardware install project while also performing some simple jobs like installing operating systems, and helping users and other jobs like assembling computers. Keeping the computer network up to date with essential patches, performed small tasks on servers and interacted with various vendors. I am the systems administrator, I am the lead engineer here responsible for everything related to computers and the network. This mainly involves performing tasks on the server, interaction with other departments or updating the entire network with critical changes.
Pros
Get to dress in jeans on Fridays and hour lunches also good pay.
Cons
Before I arrived they had a very unorganized Inventory. and long commute
fun and cool
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 26, 2017
the job has great benefit as well as a calm working environment works are gonna be worker but over all it is worth the time and travel if you need too do so the cubicles and bathrooms are clean the break room is small but nice and warm during the winter time and cool durning the summer months cause of the central air
Pros
great job
Cons
first come first seve
It was during my years at TA that I saw the world.
Captain (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 24, 2017
I flew 18 days and was home 12 days. I didn't fly air routes, I flew charter journeys. It was exciting. It was a small airline; we had 36 airplanes; I knew all the pilots and most of the flight attendants. I learned much about flying out-of-the-way places.
Pros
Long layovers in gorgeous places!
Cons
Exposure to dangerous circumstances.
Good work and life balance
Lead Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 21, 2017
Flexible work schedule to maintain work and life balance. Workplace culture is good, people are friendly.
Provide good opportunities to learn and grow.
Great Environment
Application Processor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 19, 2017
The overall company was a comfortable environment for most employees. There was always fun activities and exciting coworkers for me to enjoy them all with.
Pros
big on healthy dieting, peaceful, relaxed
Cons
overtime with no pay
Good place to work.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 19, 2017
A good place to work with diverse oportunity and room to advance. The amount of change is a lot to keep up with but all employees are encouraged to share and implement ideas. Benefits and pay are competitive/average, flexibility is good. Employees support one another. Cross functional project assignments are well organized and interesting.
Pros
Great employees, good flexibility, strategy
Cons
Lots of change.
Mixed feelings.
Insurance Contract Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 18, 2017
TLIC is huge in cedar rapids IA they have a lot of good and a lot of bad. I guess for my time there management was weak mid level managers were basically out to pasture and supervisors are a bunch of people who if they had talent or ambition should have moved on 5 years ago but interestingly there still in the same role. I would never go back but my wife is going on 10 years with them
my review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 16, 2017
This was my first time dealing with health policies and they training they provided helped my out big time, being on the phone was not new to me but handling health policies was new and I gained a lot of confidence in that field that can help me in the future.
Was a fun environment but things changed.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2017
This was a fun place to be but things have changed drastically. Some new management really brought down morale and has motivated MANY people to leave. Sad story.
A company on the upswing
Workday Consultant (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NewyorkApril 14, 2017
Transamerica is on the ascendant: lots of growth, lots of cool new projects, tons of interesting work and opportunity.
The challenge of that, is that growth means lots of people are new, and lots of things don't have a clear process yet, and we're being a bit messy and scrambling. But that's part of the fun, if you look at it the right way
Employee Experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 14, 2017
They really try to make employees feel welcomed and appreciated by the different event and incentives that are given. Although its rather difficult to move around because its so competitive.
Pros
incentives
Cons
opportunity to grow
Able to move ahead and be rewarded
Manager, Client Services (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2017
My time at Transamerica was incredible and I was lucky to have 20 years there. I was able to grow and thrive. I had so many opportunities to execute my ideas and own my business.
n/a
Document Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAApril 11, 2017
Good people. Bad communication. A lot of favoritism. Casual dress with lenient lunches and breaks. Production numbers are ridiculous to meet and way too important.
Going Down
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 30, 2017
This used to be a great place to work. They cared about employees and were actively involved in improving the lives of their employees. The past few years though there have been some changes in upper management and things went down VERY quickly. Now there is no communication and unless you are in certain locations you are made to feel like you are less important. The last 6 months of employment I had a manager that never spoke to me and a team that stopped returning my emails. This was after working for the company for over 20 years.
Pros
Cons
NO communication
Limited diversity short sighted management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2017
Used to be a very pleasant place to work. The last several acquisition significantly changed culture. Very much a Personality Driven Organization and crisis reactive environment.
Great customers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2017
long hours, busy days but well compensated for it. I enjoyed working with my colleagues as well as my customers. I served as concierge between home office and agencies for everything from commissions, licensing, customer service, marketing, sales increase, training and building relationships.
Pros
location, salary, duties
Great Co-Workers, Terrible Management
New Business Processor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 23, 2017
I worked at Transamerica for three years. I started as a temp, and it took a year-and-a-half for them to hire me as a permanent employee. When I first applied as a permanent employee there were "issues" with HR which delayed my permanent status by almost a month. Other employees who were there for less than three months were hired on as permanent employees before myself because supervisors "played favorites".
After I was hired as a permanent employee, I worked on a project which was outside of my job description for approximately a year, during which time it was hinted I might get either a promotion, new position, raise, and/or bonus, but, when the time came around for my annual review I got only a $0.34 raise, and additional responsibility was added to my job description which included roles I had not previously filled over the past three years.
When I would try to talk to my supervisor about any issue after she became aware I was no longer content with my situation, she brought in another supervisor to try to handle my complaints, seemingly to avoid confrontation between herself and I.
Management was inflexible and unwilling to compromise regarding my situation. I gave not two, but three weeks of notice when I quit. There was NO EFFORT MADE to try to retain me. Not even any hint of appreciation for the hard work I put in over the last three years, nor the project I worked on which save the company tens of thousands of dollars, if not hundreds of thousands.
Additionally, when times were hard for the company the first thing they did was ask for voluntary separation,
  more... followed by various department cuts, and then layoffs. While this may have made the most sense on paper, the way they went about it, in my opinion, was unprofessional.
Perhaps it was just my particular department and supervisors which failed me, but from my experience I advise to AVOID TRANSAMERICA.
Pros
Co-Workers!
Cons
Horrible Management which Play Favorites, are unwilling to compromise, and inflexible.
Exhausting yet rewarding
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 21, 2017
Taking calls all day and most people were friendly some were not and the ones that were not some days certain managers were willing to help with and make the call better some were not so kind to help.
Job Review
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 20, 2017
This was a very fast paced environment with much to learn daily. Benefits were decent and at times strenuous. Everyone who worked for the company was mature and got along. It was a family based environment.
Pros
unknown
Cons
unkown
Typical entry level Finance job
Licensed Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 16, 2017
Excessive hours and mandatory overtime. Little to no advancement based on skill; seniority required. Great location with nice amenities. Nice culture/coworkers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transamerica. Our community is ready to answer.