Transamerica Employee Reviews in United States

Fun work environement but lacking in opportunity
New Business Case Manager (Current Employee) –  St Pete, FLApril 28, 2016
My department is spread out over 3 States which makes it very difficult to have consistency. Everyone seems to be trained differently which makes it difficult for many employees to know how to perform their jobs properly. In turn creating a lot more for those who do.
Good experience
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Watchung, NJApril 27, 2016
I leant a lot about marketing, finance, and business strategy from there. good team culture inspire to work harder with my teammates.
A good job with good pay, work environment is average
PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 8, 2016
They pay an above average wage and allow a fairly flexible schedule depending on your job duties. They give you effective training but could probably manage to have more frequent refresher training
Fun Learning environment and supportive
Agent (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 5, 2016
Good training. In charge of creating and following your own schedule. Given a book of business to maintain relationships with customers while servicing their accounts.
Financial Agent (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 25, 2016
Thus far TransAmerica has to be the most positively motivating, family orientated, actively engaging employments I've ever had. Its exciting to come into an office and be surrounded by family and that's the atmosphere at TransAmerica.
Good Work environment and good management
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 18, 2016
I worked here for almost 1 year and it is great place to work. Management, work culture everything is good. But technology is bit old.
Avoid
Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLMarch 17, 2016
This company will have you taking back to back calls and not provide any off the phone time. Turnover is high because customers will cuss at the Reps all the time and then if you go into after call to try and recover from the treatment manager will message you asking why your not taking another call. I walked out on day and never looked back. Glad to not be performing slave labor at a minimal wage.
Cons
everything
Fun Working environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 16, 2016
This company is growing fast. Co-workers are easygoing, fun. The working environment is harmonious. The hardest part of the job is that you need to contact many clients per day and persuade them to buy the financial products. That is your major commission income comes from.
Great work place environment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2016
Love the workplace everyone was always positive. The job just wasn't for me. Can be an enjoyable experience for someone else.
A secure stepping stone
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 9, 2016
While Transamerica has it's advantages, it is currently going through many transitions which makes it hard to feel secure at their company at this moment in time. I am thankful for the time I have spent with them as well as the skills I have learned while working at Transamerica. I am currently just looking for a career with more advancement opportunities.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Healthcare, advancement opportunities
Hostile Work Environment
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, KYMarch 1, 2016
Excellent pay scale and benefits, but management more concerned about their paycheck than employees. No personal development, more about making the sale than establishing self as an agent.
Constant Change
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 26, 2016
Great people to work with and very flexible work schedule. Leadership and direction changes frequently making it difficult to know where the company is going.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
too many leadership changes
Excellent company
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Transamerica is a large corporation with the mindset of a small company. Sites are very dialed into one another and there's lots of collaboration of ideas and sharing of information to get quality services out to our customers.
Pros
Cross site collaboration
Cons
Processes need to be documented
Worst company I've ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester Springs, PAFebruary 22, 2016
Owned by Aegon.

Communication through-out the company is horrible. The company has informed its employees that they are uncertain about the future and everyone's job is now in jeopardy while they refocus their internal structure.
Pros
Paltry company incentives for individual improvement.
Cons
Continual reduction of benefits and incentives.
A productive and inspiring team
Associate Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2016
While at Transamerica, I worked with the Enterprise Digital Team (EDT). We were, more or less, an in-house creative agency for Transamerica. I wrote online content with the team, which gave real-world financial and insurance-orieted advice to new and existing users of our products. During my time at Transamerica from 12/14 to present, readership of our blog increased over 106 percent.
Pros
Working with an innovative and inspiring team.
Cons
Very little job security once Transamerica began restructuring.
Rewarding career
Registered Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 31, 2016
I feel this company has challenging work that makes it interesting to go to work everyday. They provide an atmosphere that holds employees accountable for the work they do. The people I work with are helpful and caring. You are provided opportunities to grow your knowledge. The schedule can be flexible to provide Work/Life balance.
Pros
Work environment, benefits
Conducive to a good job work/life balance.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 25, 2016
The flexible schedule allows for balance between work and life, which is a huge benefit. The employees quickly become a huge part of your life due to the close knit culture of the organization.
Nice environment. Looking for better opportunity
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Manage a group of sales agents. Duties are to recruit, hire, train and develop agents to reach their full potential and meet the business plans that each one has created for themselves.
Wonderful Company
CONTRACT SENIOR CORPORATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2016
Wonderful company!

The only reason I "left" was because my contract had been completed. I think our paths will cross again in the future.
Coworker comradery is very good
Enterprise CMS Administrator, Web Developer (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 19, 2016
The company is undergoing restructuring. Many positions are being consolidated, relocated and outsourced at my former location.
The most enjoyable part of my job was solving complex problems that seemed to come about routinely.
My co-workers were very supportive, cooperative and helpful.
I made many friends while there.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
The Future