TransCare Employee Reviews

company shut down due billing and work practices
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2017
nice employee's but company was operating illegally and lost all good employees eventually being shut down. Had to drive to Houston everyday and driving in Houston is a horrible place to have to drive on a daily basis
I didnt like how the system was working
PCT (Patient Care Technician) phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYOctober 28, 2017
The system was horrible they gave u calls back ti back no lunchthe overtime wasnt paid at times the job iyself was noy fair to us we barely ate lunch
Loved it
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 19, 2017
This was a great place to work. Fast paced, not a lot of down time, and any over time you wanted. They were also very good with any schedule changes you had to make.
Company went bankrupt!
Vice-President, Transit Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 18, 2017
Good company but had challenges because they ran an ambulance service. No one wants to pay for ambulance service! They had to have a whole department to collect and that was their downfall!
fun and quickpace
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2017
intense and quickpace environment. management was friendly and understanding. co-workers were also friendly. room for growth. i learned how to multitask in very high intense, stressful situations.
Pros
learn everyday
Cons
could be overwhelming sometimes
Manager, Managed Care & Contracting (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 12, 2017
A good place to work with good people. The people know how to do their jobs, knew what needed to be done and still made time for having fun with one another. Unfortunately, Transcare went out of business.
Pros
Cons
out of business
Hard to work there
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2017
The job was forced to close because they did too many illegal stuff.We were very under paid for the time we did there. We also had to be bought out because they owed us money.
Great company
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 29, 2017
Everyone was a family at transcare. It's really sad that the had to shut down. So many people lost their jobs but that. Family bond keeps everyone in touch.
no longer in business
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 16, 2017
provided advance medical care to people in need. EKG, IV insertions, Medication administration and intubation. Unfortunately the company is no longer in business
needs better leadership
paramedic/ field training officer/evaluator (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 14, 2017
leadership is lacking, Good coworkers. Improving equipment. Often times "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing", which is very counterproductive.
Ever-changing atmosphere
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN - BASIC (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2017
Supervisors changed frequently, pay was not great for employees with years of experience. Broken equipment rarely was repaired. Always a pleasure to care for our patients at the end of the day.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Pay, equipment, location, ultimately company closed due to bankruptcy
Horrible management
Dispatcher and Call Taker (Former Employee) –  Paoli, PAJune 19, 2017
Worst place I ever had to work. Terrible, horrible, stupid management. They didn't have a clue about the actual work that was being done down in the trenches, but had all types of unreasonable expectations of us.
I appreciate the learning experience.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 15, 2017
I worked at TransCare for the last 5 years of the company's existence. Went in knowing nothing about medical billing/coding & after 5 years I went from Customer Service to a Medical Billing Specialist.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Failed managment at the ending of employment
exciteing
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 2, 2017
great place to work great benefits strong team, good with . families patients, and staff, good pay, opporrtunities to move up within the Healthcare,
Pros
great bebefits
Cons
fast turn around
It's a job if you need one.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 1, 2017
As a driver for the Access-A-Ride service, you're responsible for picking up passengers as a door-to-door service where they may not be able to take advantage of the public transit system, usually due to an ADA-protected physical or health limitation.

If a passenger needs assistance with a wheelchair or scooter, visual limitations, your responsible for helping them onto the vehicle. You transport them to and from predetermined locations, according to a manifest, at an appointed time; possibly picking up at multiple stops before dropping any passenger. You may also be required to strap a wheelchair down for safety of the passenger, if applicable.

The most difficult part of this job is making time. Seeing as this is the NYC metro area, you have to worry about traffic. Making these pickups and dropoffs on time can be near impossible, without speeding. Dispatchers don't have experience as drivers and push you to do things that aren't possible, if not illegal (speeding).
Cons
Not enough hours, stressful interactions with dispatch
Out of Business
Houston, Texas (Dispatcher) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed working fro this company. It went out of business due to some contract that were lost. We all went our separate ways and I wish everyone well.
I miss TC!
Emergency medical technician-B (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2017
Its a shame it closed. This was the best place I could've ever worked! There will never be another like Trans care.I tried working for another company, it just didn't feel like home.
Good
Transport (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 22, 2017
Loved the job of transport. Helping hte family have a last closure that there loved ones were being taken care of. .....................................................
Pros
extra hours
Cons
Pay rate
bad
Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21223January 21, 2017
this company is bad shoulnt no one apply for them at all they mess your pay check up all the time. you never have a relief when your shift is over
Great learning environment
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Transcare taught me the value of life and loyalty among co-workers. It was a great, rough but fun learning environment.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
the experience of death.