TransCare Employee Reviews

Out of Business
Houston, Texas (Dispatcher) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed working fro this company. It went out of business due to some contract that were lost. We all went our separate ways and I wish everyone well.
I miss TC!
Emergency medical technician-B (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2017
Its a shame it closed. This was the best place I could've ever worked! There will never be another like Trans care.I tried working for another company, it just didn't feel like home.
Good
Transport (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 22, 2017
Loved the job of transport. Helping hte family have a last closure that there loved ones were being taken care of. .....................................................
Pros
extra hours
Cons
Pay rate
bad
Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21223January 21, 2017
this company is bad shoulnt no one apply for them at all they mess your pay check up all the time. you never have a relief when your shift is over
Great learning environment
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Transcare taught me the value of life and loyalty among co-workers. It was a great, rough but fun learning environment.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
the experience of death.
Overall relaxed work environment
Customer Service - Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 8, 2016
Generally busy, being the main support and contact regarding services provided. Hardworking and personable colleagues with an overall good support system and a willingness to work together. Management expressed and showed confidences in my work and performance - never a need to micro-manage. There was also a significantly high level of respect from peers and subordinates, often requested to lend support or input. Oftentimes, had to successfully multi-task, perform functions not formally assigned to me, as an employee, regardless of title, I represented the company and therefore, perform/assist as required. Overall, it was an atmosphere of being with family, enjoyed being busy and most uncomfortable when there is too much down time.
Pros
Overall great relationship amongst staff and colleagues
Cons
Inequitable compensation and benefits
Great people to work with always Busy
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 3, 2016
I Worked at transcare for 5 years. My experience with the company was a good one in which i learned a lot. Due to mismanagement of funds the company went bankrupt.
Amazing job!
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYAugust 2, 2016
Had amazing coworkers and great management that I was able to work side by side with saving people's life's. I learned how to become a great EMT at this company.
Loved ever moment I was with this company
EMT (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ALJuly 25, 2016
I answered 911 emergency calls , I made nursing home transfers. I helped with patient care and drove the ambulance. I had so many friends and coworkers there that if I needed them they would be here for me today. Company went out of business in the area I live in
Re:
Emergency medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2016
I was employed by the company for the last five years however, the company recently filed chapter 7 bankruptcy as of February of this year. No further comments.

Want to know more about TransCare?

Ask a question
Good People
Access A Ride Driver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 20, 2016
• Responsible for the pickup and drop off of passengers to their required destinations
• Assisted with the securing of wheelchairs and safely operated lift for passengers getting on and off vehicle
• Navigated throughout all five boroughs on daily basis with no difficulty
• Responsible for collecting fares from all customers
• Knowledgeable in pre and post trip inspection on all vehicles
fun for work over there
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYJune 7, 2016
ALS and BLS call every day,
see different level of patients
Good for me when I was a new EMT
get lots of experience for patients care
Good Pay, cool coworkers
Para-transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 7, 2016
My experience with the TransCare company was overall good. My coworkers were professional, my hours always worked well with my schedule and the over time was good.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 30, 2016
You can enjoy working for this company. The people that you work with are always willing to help if you have a problem. The most enjoyable part of the day is at the end of the day when you have happy customers.
Good company to work for till they closed
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAApril 22, 2016
Transcare was a good company to work for pay was good and staff where friendly they were a great company to work for till their closure in August so had to start all over again in the job market
Not happy with the higher ups
EMT (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 21, 2016
The higher ups, the people only in it for the financial gain, the people that have never took 1 step in our shoes destroyed a wonderful company and the lives of many wonderful people. They bled this once prestigious place to work at and turned it into nothing, a mockery.
Pros
Went bankrupt due to greed and selfishness
Cons
long hours making for short work weeks, guaranteed OT
It was because you make to be fun
Transporter and Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  25 14street brooklyn ny 11215April 17, 2016
Well it was a grate place to work my boss was a very nice person I never had to go to her for any problems since I was there I meet lots of different people while working there and get along with every one no we did not had no game room lots of driving most of the time the hardest time is when it snows but I got so good at what I did so everthing came easy
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2016
Good to work and learning environment and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not getting the claims paid in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
flexibility
company doesnt exist anymore
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 30, 2016
Company filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy giving employees 6 hours notice.Had to work at least 2 jobs to make enough money to exist.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
files for chapter 7 bankruptcy
thanks for the oppurtunity
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
I loved my job. I loved my co workers. I just wished we had better management. I am grateful for the experience. We made the best out of what we had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9