TransCare Employee Reviews in United States

Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 30, 2016
You can enjoy working for this company. The people that you work with are always willing to help if you have a problem. The most enjoyable part of the day is at the end of the day when you have happy customers.
Good company to work for till they closed
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAApril 22, 2016
Transcare was a good company to work for pay was good and staff where friendly they were a great company to work for till their closure in August so had to start all over again in the job market
Not happy with the higher ups
EMT (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 21, 2016
The higher ups, the people only in it for the financial gain, the people that have never took 1 step in our shoes destroyed a wonderful company and the lives of many wonderful people. They bled this once prestigious place to work at and turned it into nothing, a mockery.
Pros
Went bankrupt due to greed and selfishness
Cons
long hours making for short work weeks, guaranteed OT
It was because you make to be fun
Transporter and Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  25 14street brooklyn ny 11215April 17, 2016
Well it was a grate place to work my boss was a very nice person I never had to go to her for any problems since I was there I meet lots of different people while working there and get along with every one no we did not had no game room lots of driving most of the time the hardest time is when it snows but I got so good at what I did so everthing came easy
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2016
Good to work and learning environment and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not getting the claims paid in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
flexibility
company doesnt exist anymore
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 30, 2016
Company filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy giving employees 6 hours notice.Had to work at least 2 jobs to make enough money to exist.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
files for chapter 7 bankruptcy
thanks for the oppurtunity
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
I loved my job. I loved my co workers. I just wished we had better management. I am grateful for the experience. We made the best out of what we had.
I can't even put into words how bad it was
N/A (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 18, 2016
The owners are crooks. They take money out of your check for taxes and insurance and pay neither. When you file your taxes and expect a refund, one is never given because the IRS doesn't have your social security number as paying in to the system. If these people try to hire you, run.
Loved meeting new people and listening to thier concerns
Marketing and Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Paoli, PAMarch 11, 2016
Traveled to hospitals in the tri-state area promoting the company and scheduling meetings for contract negotiations.

Customer Service is key in this position.

First hired to Trans Care as position scheduler and payroll data input.

Quickly advanced to outside customer service and sales.....
Pros
Meeting people and promoting the business.
Cons
Office enviroment, garage, was dirty, employes with negative attitudes
Productive and busy and still easy to report to daily
Emergency Medical Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work could be processing payroll and processing the additional paperwork that goes with it. In addition I worked on the schedule for the employees daily and made phone calls to cover openings. Another typical day could be going on the road as a field supervisor inspecting units on the road, restocking equipment as necessary. What I learned is how to solve problems and how to talk to people, not down to people. I had the best bunch of co-workers I could ask for. We worked together and helped each other out. The hardest part of the job was the different issues that could arise at anytime. But at the same time that's what I enjoyed most about it, I had to think to solve the problems.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Healthcare, long hours

Want to know more about TransCare?

Ask a question
Transcare filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PA 15146February 29, 2016
Good pay, with inadequate employee treatment on a daily basis. Company filed chapter 7 bankruptcy without proper notice to employees and without compensation.
Summary of experience
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 26, 2016
After 12 years in one company I have learned to be loyal, hard working person. I have been Field Training Officer , worked in different kind of environment like Special Operation Division, Sports and entertainment , Critical Care Transport and standard emergency operational procedure under REMAC protocols.
Good place to work for
REGIONAL IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST/PHONE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2016
It's a great and fund job, that lets you learn new things and advance your knowledge everyday. Friendly staff, flexible hours.
Worked Transporting Patients to Hospitals
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I worked as an Emergency Medical Tech for Trans Care. I usually worked the back of the Bus where I kept track of people's vitals. We transported people from their homes and nursing homes to all the major hospitals on Long Island and New York City. This was a very stressful job because you are working with people who are under stress, that would be your partner and, of course, the patient. Trans Care is a good company because you usually know who your partner will be most of the time. The best part of the job was knowing you were helping people when they were ill and suffering, and I guess the hardest part of the job was lifting extra heavy people and carrying them downstairs. This job taught me how to slow down and be patient.
Pros
Counting my blessings.
Cons
Backk injuries
hardest part of Emt
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Separating your feeling and opinions and not to let anything bother you. you are their to do a job so do it. Don't get caught up in office drama theirs a lot of that.
Average
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 3, 2016
Basic dispatching / helping drivers with directions if needed, re routing trips to increase and improve time management
Pros
WEEKLY PAY
Cons
NO BREAKS
this is a good company to work for
EMERGANCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  no longer in businessDecember 14, 2015
Transcare is a good company to work for because you have they opertunity to go to various different facilities throughout the tri-state area. meet new people and work eith a great staff.
Pros
able to see and meet new people in the tristate area
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYSeptember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Transcare. I worked transport special events and Mount Vernon 911. Scheduling was great. I got along with all my coworkers.
excellent work place
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  poughkeepsie NYJune 30, 2015
everyday was always similar responding to 911 calls taking care of people, writing reports, taking inventory of what was in our ambulance and bags and restocking when necessary.
Pros
great management
Emt
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 9, 2015
• Provided pre-hospital and interfaculty basic life support emergency services to patients in the hospital.
• Provided medical treatments, monitoring and transporting all patients requiring BLS care to the appropriate facility and assisting in critical care (high risk obstetrics, neonatal, cardiac, trauma) transports with Christiana Care Mobile Intensive Care team.
• Completing all required documentation and duties in support of an efficient emergency medical service operation, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and excellent customer service.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
short breaks