TransCare

TransCare Employee Reviews

excellent work place
EMT-Basic (Former Employee), poughkeepsie NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: none
everyday was always similar responding to 911 calls taking care of people, writing reports, taking inventory of what was in our ambulance and bags and restocking when necessary.
EMT
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJune 9, 2015
Pros: working with the public
Cons: short breaks
• Provided pre-hospital and interfaculty basic life support emergency services to patients in the hospital.
• Provided medical treatments, monitoring and transporting all patients requiring BLS care to the appropriate facility and assisting in critical care (high risk obstetrics, neonatal, cardiac, trauma) transports with Christiana Care Mobile Intensive Care team.
• Completing all required documentation and duties in support of an efficient emergency medical service operation, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and excellent customer service.
Good place to learn and expand within the medical field.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, NYJune 7, 2015
Two years working with Transcare and I've learned a great deal of patient care especially before and after pre hospital care.
favoritism in the work place, management does not want you to progress.
Turn In/Out Coordinator (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Gaining experience so you can grow and move on
Cons: HR, management, failing buses, failing equipment, poor health benefits and not having employee education.
Starting a day with Transcare usually starts with failing equipment or a dead bus, or a bus that is missing key components like gas, windshield wiper fluid and air conditioning to name a few. I learned how to not only be an EMT but a mechanic and a dispatcher. Management along with HR who are best friends make their employees very uncomfortable with favoritism in the work place. They do not know any of their employees and leave the operations department to answer and help road crews with what little then can. They provide no education for employees and they offer the worst health benefits that no one can afford so sadly you have over 100 EMT/ Paramedics walking around without health insurance. Supervisors goof around with their favorite employees and everyone sleeps with each other. The best part of the job is the experience and doing what you love meeting people and taking care of patients. The hardest part was just having to deal with the politics of Transcare and the poor management.
Transcare breakown
Full Time -Wheel Chair Driver/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lack of management
Working at transcare isn't a hard job, all you have to do here is come to work on time, if you are a driver, don't be late to your calls, stay within dress code and be polite. But, if you want an advancing career/job, this job is a stepping stone.
Appreciation
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Always going to a need for the medical technicians
Cons: The pay is not exactly great.
Caring for the sick and injured. Transporting to facilities where they know you and trust you decisions. Learning is a constant thing in the medical field. Every call every situation is different. But the goal is the same. Management are very strict for all personnel they keep a tight control over all. My coworkers are just like me and the next guy, respectful, and willing to help others. Our goal is the same, everyone goes home safe.Hardest part of the job is knowing so much medically but not being able to help everyone. Hardest is being away from my family just like everyone else.I feel like I did something for everyone that I was able to help. Its seeing the smile of a child or hearing the stories of the old man down the street. Being the person I was brought up to be..
It is just a job, being able to help someone was the rewarding part
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, NYApril 24, 2015
Pros: Overtime when you actually want it
Cons: Low pay and meager benefits
There are good days and depressing days. Some days coworkers are friendly, other days they are sour. There are rumours and hear says and favoritism.
I have learnerd alot from interacting with the nurses and doctors and coworkers when I'm out in the field.
The hardest part of the job was not knowing if you're going to get off on time or get held over because there's a spike in emergencies and a shortage of response units.
I pretty much enjoyed some of the jovial patients that I got from time to time and days when I get off on time and I feel pleased with my work.
The streets of NYC were my office
Paramedic (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2015
The daily life of a 911 Paramedic in New York City... no day was ever typical. Every day was different with new challenges to overcome. Hours tended to be long and grueling. Management was non-existent, because in the field they are unnecessary. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping others... and then going home!
Ambulance work force
EMT/DRIVER (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
Transporting patients to medical facilities and doctors appointments.
The importance of being a first responder to save people lives makes me feel good and i am making a difference.
Fun place relaxed
Paramedic (Former Employee), Mt. Vernon N.YMarch 28, 2015
Management is good. The only thing is that they need a lot of help with Scheduling Medics and Keeping their staff happy. Need to increase the Salary
Productive and interesting place to work
Paramedic (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2015
A typical day at transcare is a 12 hour -day I used to work day,when I came in I would get the narcotics from the night medic filled out the narcs sheet.During that exchange of controlled substances I want to make sure that all the meds are sealed,they are not tampered with,and they are not expired.
Once my narcs are secured I will the on duty medic,I will call dispatch letting them know that I am on duty by giving them my last name and my partner's last name.I will then checked all equipments
my heart monitor,my oxygen bag,my iv pump,my ventilator, checked all compartments ,all meds and their date expiration .My partner will check the gas level and make sure that the tank is above one-half,after that he'll check all the exterior compartments.
A place that you would love to work
Paramedic, Shield #6989 (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: working as a paramedic in manhattan
Cons: i cant think of any
Worked with the most respectable professionals in the field of ems. No matter the stress of the day, your partner was always there for you.
good company
EMS Communication Center Officer/EMT-B (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 18, 2015
hard working fast paced company the co workers are like family the hardest part of the job for some might be long hours. I learned to work hard at a fast paced
workplace
Ambulance Driver (Former Employee), wilmington delawareJanuary 25, 2015
Transported sick, injured or convalescents persons to local hospitals.
• Removed and replaced soiled linens or equipment to maintain sanitary conditions.
• Placed patients on stretchers and load stretchers into ambulances with the assistance of other attendants.
• Accompanied and assisted emergency medical technicians on calls.
• Earned and maintained appropriate certifications.
• Replaced supplies and disposable items on ambulances.
• Report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
Great EMT-B starter job
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: coworkers, good contracts, and leadership that cares
Cons: horrible ambulance's, bad equipment, shifts can be greatly extended her greatly reduced based upon the need of that day
Transcare does the best with what little they have. What they lack in equipment they make up for in heart. A great place to start your EMT-B career!!
Unprofessional!
EMT (Former Employee), Westchester, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free uniforms
Cons: everything else
I have walked into the base several times to see co-workers gambling and drinking! Equipment is out dated, buses break down, scheduler never accommodates reasonable requests, staff over steps their duties/positions all the time. Company shows favoritism to the same employees. Moral their is the lowest of any company I've worked at. Overtime/special events go to the same favorites over and over again. Company requires you to list all OTC and Rx medications you are taking when taking their company drug tests which is against HIPPA rules. Company uses minor infractions against you to do questionable duties, knowing people rely on their tiny paychecks.
Transcare
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), paoli paNovember 16, 2014
Pros: meeting people, caring for people
Cons: not enough trucks, trucks breaking down often, no union
Clock in and start with partner, checking and washing truck, receive dispatch information. drive to and do report on the way to facility. Get transfer paperwork from staff at facility including demographics and medical info that needs to be charted. assess patient and obtain vital signs. transfer patient to stretcher and obtain necessary signatures if patient is able to sign. drive to receiving facility, unload patient, give report and paperwork, get receiving signatures.
Management some higher managers do not seem to have the better management skills, Supervisors/op supervisors good to work for – more... and well seasoned. Leads- two are excellent to work under. new one from another base time will tell.
Love to work with permanent partner on sundays, he makes the day go by faster.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with some family members especially when the patient is going into hospice.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and educating people and patients and the freedom of not being micromanaged all the time as with some other jobs.
what is not liked is that part time employees are not notified of changes in the company such as new base location (prior to moving within two weeks now), no holiday pay for part timers, no benefits, no mileage perks etc. ask then about it and are told that was discontinued a while ago. Having not enough trucks to do the job properly. Paperwork lost at times. Not having properly fitting uniforms, mine is too big but the next size down does not fit the chest.Not enough trucks and they send you home, dispatch constantly asking what your eta is during rush hour traffic like we have jet fuel tanks. generally not listening to your complaints about issues with the trucks such as not starting, not having headlights, heat or air condition during hot and very cold days (this can be an issue with patient illnesses or lead to more problems and I took an oath to do no harm or no further harm. Management previously cancelled christmas parties due to greed (digging into their bonuses) and the christmas parties were good for morale. – less
UNFAIR AND ILLEGAL PRACTICES
EMT-B (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: no union, over-worked/underpaid, no breaks, unfair compensation
Transcare is an AWFUL company to work for. I work out of the Mt. Vernon base. The dispatchers are the B word with control issues. The office/ turn-out staff constantly demonstrate favoritism among employees. EVERYONE SLEEPS AROUND WITH EACH OTHER! Even the married people. It's the company culture. Very inappropriate, RACIST comments against African Americans and women practiced by turn-out coordinators and the Mt. Vernon 911 employees who "hang out" at the base. Even the "N" word is tossed around!!! Extremely childish office staff. Very vindictive supervisors. HOSTILE work environment. Rules don't apply to everybody. Turn-out employees that are NOT EMTs ACTUALLY ARE ALLOWED TO RESPOND TO 911 CALLS WHEN COMPANY IS SHORT STAFFED!!!! You will feel very defeated working here. Take your tech card to FDNY. RUN FROM THIS PLACE!!!
Nursing Assistant
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), New Castle, DESeptember 30, 2014
Care for small children and assist Nursing & Doctor staff with caring for the small children. The hardest part of this job is death.
Unprofessional, Discriminatory, Horrific place to work
Doesn't matter (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: close to train and bridge- easy commute
Cons: location, and everything imaginable
I had the unpleasant experience to work here for what felt like a lifetime! Your typical days revolves around selfish,childish coworkers and managers who stab a knife in your back the minute they are given a chance. They set you up for failure! If you have any experience in the Emergency medical response field, please take my advice and look elsewhere!! I can say to you this place is horrific, dirty, a hole in the wall and the management is non-existant and worthless. EMT's who are injured on the job are either shunned, permentantly disabled due to negligence and forced to file charges against – more... the company or are put on a pedestal and felt sorry for. The ambulances are glorified vans that are always broken down as they take parts from one to fix another. A sorry excuse for mechanics. Their pay rate stinks, the benefits cost you an arm per week and a leg per doctor/dentist office visit. Their 401k is a joke. This place is a free for all and should be avoided at all costs. That is if you like to work, are honest and feel good about getting a paycheck that you deserved and earned.. Dont apply to this place!! Oh and did I mention, there may be some days you have to bypass the road as there are shootings, stabbings, drug deals and high school kids fighting on or near the street. – less

1 2 3 4

About TransCare

Patriarch Partners' lofty goal is no less than "rebuilding America, one company at a time, one job at a time." The private equity – Read more

TransCare Salaries