I have an excellent client in Atlanta, GA that is looking for a permanent Senior Java Developer *Must be EAD, GC or US Citizen*. Pay is very good for this position. Please review and apply if interested and I will then contact you to discuss the position in greater detail.
The candidate will be a critical member of the team with daily technical contributions to our message-based Service Platform design, development and implementation efforts. They will work with business analysts, lead developers, QA testers, and the storefront ecommerce team on a regular basis to provide back-end “service” logic for our message-based service platform. Candidates must be able to dig in quickly, self-discover the development environment and possess excellent skills in the discovery of requirements, performing design and socializing it with other developers and management, developing the service logic that integrates with our RabbitMQ message broker, possess expert level and diagnostic skills, familiar with message-oriented systems and be able to apply those skills in further building out our existing message bus systems and capabilities, and understand what it means for an application to be “productionalized.”
- 5+ years of Java-based application development experience
- 2+ years of message-based java application development
- Springframework Core, spring JDBC, Spring Integration, and Spring Rabbit
- Understanding of RESTful and WSDL based web services
- Understanding of various data-exchange format, such as JSON and XML
- Understanding of MySQL and Oracle DB's from an application usage perspective
- Solid understanding of messaging concepts such as "producer, Message Broker, Ques, and asynchronous communication"
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills (such as Firebug plug-in, Java/Eclipse debugger, or other similar tools)
- Ability to develop and follow technical specification and production-based processes
- Ability to assess requests for level of effort and develop plans for developing solutions
- A curiosity and excitement for new technologies and techniques
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Superb technical communication skills, verbal and written
- Have an outward-going personality and respect for customers and colleagues
- Strong commitment to results including ability to adhere to plans and schedules; if an important commitment is made by the candidate, you must be professional enough to know that working after hours is required without being asked; it will be expected.
- Must be disciplined in keeping focus on objectives and deliverables
Preferred Skills and/or Industry Experience:
- RabbitMQ or other AMQP-based messaging system experience
- GUI Web Development experience, such as those required for creating systems dashboards and administrative consoles