Transcendent International, LLC creates cutting-edge health informatics solutions that overcome communication challenges. We are looking for a stellar senior developer to join the team in charge of taking our web-based products from concept to commercialization.
This is an on-site position based in our midtown Manhattan office. Only local applicants who are authorized to work in the US will be considered. No recruiters or phone calls please.
- Responsible for design/architecture, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of web-based healthcare applications
- Participate in ongoing estimation and prioritization with the product owner
- Ensure quality, clean, tested code is produced (unit, integration, and other QA tests)
- Create, maintain, and own code and application documentation
- Assist the team in debugging and troubleshooting software defects
- Mentor mid-level and junior developers
- Help create team and development processes and selection of tools to assist in these efforts
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years professional experience in object oriented PHP5 and MySQL application development
- Minimally a BS (MS preferred) in computer science or related discipline
- Experience working in scrum/agile environment is required
- Significant expertise building applications using LAMP technologies, Zend and Symfony frameworks, and Doctrine ORM (familiarity with front end technologies such as mootools a plus)
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering processes (Experience with CI environment a plus)
- Ability to learn quickly and take ownership of tasks, process, and products
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, troubleshooting, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, energetic, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a dynamic work environment
- Team player who thrives in a start-up environment is a MUST
- Must be authorized to work in the US
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume as a single attachment labeled with first and last name. Include 'Senior PHP Developer' in the subject heading. Please indicate in the cover letter where you found the job posting.
Indeed - 19 months ago