TransCentra

TransCentra Employee Reviews

Productive place to work.
Mail Processor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: Breaks were cut short
Everyday at work is a challenge. You will learn who is for & against you. I love my job, simply because it is fairly easy & does not require much. The supervisors are all very helpful & do their jobs well. The hardest part about working here is working on night shift. It is something I had to get use to.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Rochelle Park, NJJuly 2, 2015
Pros: not to bothersome
Cons: no raises or chance for advancement
It is a very relaxed place to work but the pay is not very well and people have not had raises in six plus years! Also, management hires friends and family and they attain promotions before workers
Working for TransCentra is a great experience
Machine Operator/Material Handler/ Depost Clerk (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: TransCentra gives the employees all the tools they need to succeed.
Cons: There are alot of jobs, wish I could learn everything!
TransCentra is a payment processing company. They gives us the tools we need to succeed. Management also gives the employees updates and they are open to new ideas. Because of the fast pace evnironment we are still able to get the knowledge able to perform the duties required.
Fast paced work environment
Utility Clerk/ Machine Operator/ Technician (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMay 13, 2015
learned how to run a machine other than a cnc operator machine would, typical day we walk in grab work off the shelves and run whats considered pass one for a few hours, then run whats considered pass two for the remander of the day until the clients that we have accounts with are finished and closed off, I dont feel that there is a strong management team and some of my co workers feel that they shouldnt have to ablige by the rules and get to do whatever they want and management does not get involved in the situation, the hardest part about the job is probably working overnights and having to sleep during the day and then come to work still tired and deal with some certain co workers. The most enjoyable part of the day is I have made a lot of friends there and not being able to see them on a every day basis would be hard.
very demanding job and fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Rochelle Park, NJFebruary 24, 2015
working fast and harder to finish all the work
cleaning mail and putting p.o. box in its corresponding place
opening mail and batching
Site Leader And Management Not The Best in Dallas
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: can play candy crush all day if you're in service bc of lack of work
Cons: lack of advancements, horrible site leaders in dallas, bc of lack of work you resort to playing candycrush on your phone.
The Dallas site is a little shady. Numerous times the site leader, Paul, asked me to make up lies when it came to hiding things from the customer. Management acts like they are untouchable and its shady. Associates are not treated with respect and are talked down to, unless a client is on site and then a full blown show is displayed. Service Specialist Mgr, in Dallas is not that knowledgable. I think it's more a lack of experience as a manager, as she likes to baby and micro manage your workload. You would think with a manager title she would have things to do, other than try to listen in on your calls, or baby other associates who are less confident in their work. A lot of associates have been in the same role for years as there is not advancement from within. Most people are hired from the outside which makes the dynamic uncomfortable, as you have associates who have been there for years who are not even considered for a role they are qualified for.
Lots of overtime
Team Leader/Trainer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: short breaks
You work six days a week 10 to 12 hours a day. the co-workers complain about every thing and every one. I work so much I am tired all the time.
Productive, creative and fun workplace.
Computer Room Utility Clerk (Current Employee), Rochelle Park, NJOctober 29, 2014
It's a great place to work. Everyday there is something new to learn and create. I work with great people who are hard working, determined to meet clients deadline and maintaining work flow.
Summary of Organization
Production Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: it was a challenge to manage day to day activities
Cons: planning and execution
Going through the experience of creating a new department was challenging. It was also very challenging to conduct day to day operations with minimal staffing and increasing work volume.
alot of positons to chose
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJune 25, 2014
Operating Slitter Machine 50/51 removing checks and stubs for bill payment. 650 per hr
Special Handling for Safeco Account
Manually processing envelopes that aren't compatible with machines sorting by dates 250per hr
Production
Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 23, 2014
Worked in Wholesale department
Processed over 40 accounts a day
Volume processed was 3000+
Often had to work in mailroom on a IEM machine or 150
Best part of job that I stayed busy and multi task job functions
Disappointed
Lbx associate (Current Employee), Medford, MAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: an occasional free lunch, three breaks a day, an okay benefits package
Cons: lazy and sloppy employees, no advancement, deceptive environment, poor pay for the city of boston, pay that is not equal to the workload that certain individuals are forced to take on, poor training, stressed and discombobulated management, poor work/life balance, very understaffed in certain areas
The company acquired Citizen's Bank Lbx of Medford, MA around Oct. 2013. The transition has been anything but smooth.

Upon take over, they called everyone into a room and forced us to sign paperwork without the paperwork being explained or giving us the time to read it. Communication between HR/management/employees has been very poor and the management seems to hide a lot of things from its employee base, creating a shadowy and dare I say, deceptive environment. The date on which we will be moving into our new building and getting new equipment is constantly changing and the company also stated, after telling us that we'd all get a 2% cost of living raise, that we would not be getting one due to late hiring dates. Employee morale seems to be on a downward spiral because of these mixed messages and lies. Currently, overtime is high, despite a low workload, work/life balance is low. The work load is imbalanced, with certain employees doing a lot more without increased compensation and others doing very little. Currently, no one is held accountable for poor quality and lacking productivity. This has led to lazy employees that just do not care and poor quality. The quality of work is laughably poor despite how unbelievably easy the work actually is. The supervisory staff seems clueless, pulling people in multiple directions without giving any real direction at all. They seem as flustered as anyone underneath them and barely seem to know what they are doing. This is understandable, as training as been poor across the board. The supervisors do not seem to know what they want you – more... to do either, throwing work at you and then taking it away and replacing it with something else seconds later.

There are 15+ people who are capable of being cross-trained and management should cross-train them and stop throwing work onto those whom are already over-burdened. Also, they should be cross-training themselves so that they can better understand the dept. A manager or supervisor should have knowledge on all areas of the dept and at the moment, that is not the case. It is very hard to take the management seriously when they are stressed and uneducated in "all" areas of the department. Their lack of knowledge does not create confidence and the way they rely on certain individuals to multitask, a lot of times more than themselves and without any reward, does not encourage one to work or try harder. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

I see very little chance for advancement and pay increases within the company and my confidence in the company is fading. – less
No advancement in company
Quality Clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: health benefits
Cons: treatment from management
Liked working there. Some management would talk down to you. Got along with everyone. The hardest part of my job was the treatment of some of the staff to employees. Was there to do my job.
ITS A NICE PLACE TO WORK
Senior Processor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: tv
Cons: long lunches
MY BACKGOUND INCLUDES 20 YEARS IN THE BANKING AND INSURANCE INDUSTRIES.
Most days the same, every couple of months employee appreciation day.
Quality Control Clerk(Associate I) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: pay is good. benefits were okay. employee appreciation was good
Cons: going to work and not knowing if you had a job or not. leaving early everyday, not having a full paycheck.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The job was not diffilcult, a daily routine. We left early when we finished our work. Because of work falling off, due to ecomomic situation. I was layed off. I enjoyed the type of work I did. I would to have continued working there. I had been there for 16 years. I miss my co-workers, they became my friends also.
TransCentra seems to be a good company thus far. They acquired us (Regulus) in July. So much better than the previous owners.
Insert Operator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2012
Thank you Lord...I have a job! Work is great. l work 3rd shift, but I need a 1st shift job. There is no advancement, but I like the job.