TransCentra

TransCentra Employer Reviews

Summary of Organization
Production Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: it was a challenge to manage day to day activities
Cons: planning and execution
Going through the experience of creating a new department was challenging. It was also very challenging to conduct day to day operations with minimal staffing and increasing work volume.
alot of positons to chose
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJune 25, 2014
Operating Slitter Machine 50/51 removing checks and stubs for bill payment. 650 per hr
Special Handling for Safeco Account
Manually processing envelopes that aren't compatible with machines sorting by dates 250per hr
Production
Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 23, 2014
Worked in Wholesale department
Processed over 40 accounts a day
Volume processed was 3000+
Often had to work in mailroom on a IEM machine or 150
Best part of job that I stayed busy and multi task job functions
Disappointed
Lbx associate (Current Employee), Medford, MAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: an occasional free lunch, three breaks a day, an okay benefits package
Cons: lazy and sloppy employees, no advancement, deceptive environment, poor pay for the city of boston, pay that is not equal to the workload that certain individuals are forced to take on, poor training, stressed and discombobulated management, poor work/life balance, very understaffed in certain areas
The company acquired Citizen's Bank Lbx of Medford, MA around Oct. 2013. The transition has been anything but smooth.

Upon take over, they called everyone into a room and forced us to sign paperwork without the paperwork being explained or giving us the time to read it. Communication between HR/management/employees has been very poor and the management – more... seems to hide a lot of things from its employee base, creating a shadowy and dare I say, deceptive environment. The date on which we will be moving into our new building and getting new equipment is constantly changing and the company also stated, after telling us that we'd all get a 2% cost of living raise, that we would not be getting one due to late hiring dates. Employee morale seems to be on a downward spiral because of these mixed messages and lies. Currently, overtime is high, despite a low workload, work/life balance is low. The work load is imbalanced, with certain employees doing a lot more without increased compensation and others doing very little. Currently, no one is held accountable for poor quality and lacking productivity. This has led to lazy employees that just do not care and poor quality. The quality of work is laughably poor despite how unbelievably easy the work actually is. The supervisory staff seems clueless, pulling people in multiple directions without giving any real direction at all. They seem as flustered as anyone underneath them and barely seem to know what they are doing. This is understandable, as training as been poor across the board. The supervisors do not seem to know what they want you to do either, throwing work at you and then taking it away and replacing it with something else seconds later.

There are 15+ people who are capable of being cross-trained and management should cross-train them and stop throwing work onto those whom are already over-burdened. Also, they should be cross-training themselves so that they can better understand the dept. A manager or supervisor should have knowledge on all areas of the dept and at the moment, that is not the case. It is very hard to take the management seriously when they are stressed and uneducated in "all" areas of the department. Their lack of knowledge does not create confidence and the way they rely on certain individuals to multitask, a lot of times more than themselves and without any reward, does not encourage one to work or try harder. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

I see very little chance for advancement and pay increases within the company and my confidence in the company is fading. – less
No advancement in company
Quality Clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: health benefits
Cons: treatment from management
Liked working there. Some management would talk down to you. Got along with everyone. The hardest part of my job was the treatment of some of the staff to employees. Was there to do my job.
ITS A NICE PLACE TO WORK
Senior Processor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: tv
Cons: long lunches
MY BACKGOUND INCLUDES 20 YEARS IN THE BANKING AND INSURANCE INDUSTRIES.
Most days the same, every couple of months employee appreciation day.
Quality Control Clerk(Associate I) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: pay is good. benefits were okay. employee appreciation was good
Cons: going to work and not knowing if you had a job or not. leaving early everyday, not having a full paycheck.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The job was not diffilcult, a daily routine. We left early when we finished our work. Because of work falling off, due to ecomomic situation. I was layed off. I enjoyed the type of work I did. I would to have continued working there. I had been there for 16 years. I miss my co-workers, they became my friends also.
TransCentra seems to be a good company thus far. They acquired us (Regulus) in July. So much better than the previous owners.
Insert Operator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2012
Thank you Lord...I have a job! Work is great. l work 3rd shift, but I need a 1st shift job. There is no advancement, but I like the job.