Transcom North America Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Sales
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 11, 2017
I was tech support for Comcast. Every week I had a one-on-one training with a team lead. EVERY SINGLE training was related to SALES. Too much emphasis on sales. I tried to explain to them that up-selling a customer on a new Comcast service when they're on the phone for one that is not working s ridiculous. They did not care. Sales Sales Sales. And then I found out why....I left because they ended up losing the Comcast contract. Like CMCSA doesn't make enough in sales. Look at that recent aquisition and ask if they should be pressuring someone @ $9.50 an hour to break their neck so they can buy NBC Universal!!!
Una empresa buena con responsabilidad en los pagos
Teleoperadora (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 19, 2017
Trabaje 2 años en los cuales me sentí muy cómoda, aprendí mucho sobre los métodos de ventas por teléfono a crear la necesidad al cliente.
Pros
Superación
Cons
No se permites la faltas
its alright
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2017
they hardly like to work with you as far as hours go. shift bids are unreasonable, there is only 30 min lunches which i dont think is right. management is somewhat alright but they can do a better job as far as working with their employees.
Cons
short
The best day was my last day
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2017
The most disorganized company I have ever seen. From multiple pay issues to dishonest leadership, there are so many reasons to STAY AWAY! As someone that has been a part of closed door management discussions, do not think for one minute that regular employees are thought of as actual people. They are warm bodies in chairs with ID numbers.. that is it. Remember, when you work for an outsourcing company, your company got the contract because they were to lowest bidder, so don't expect great things.....

Leaving was the best decision I made...
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
everything else...
Facilities are great, Breakroom and food dispensers, free coffee and clean bathrooms
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 25, 2016
A typical day would be having issues with the system ( Hardware and software ), there's something each day that will not work properly and that of course it's gonna put you behind your schedule,The agents have been trained on a obsolete and old ( 10 year ) program that we don't even use anymore with Quality guidelines that are based on criteria from a bunch of people who most of them are in the Philippines and don't know any of the American culture.Its feels like you're being set up for failure, Business Managers are not peoples persons so all they see is numbers, as a matter of fact everyone there is know by CIM number instead of first and last name, managers are so incongruent with goals and policies that they don't even know,There's a lot of favoritism from upper management. They will judge your performance based on your agent's attendance not yours. I was a TeamLeader for many years and we never received a raise in the salary, even was promised every 6 months. Please make yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from TRANSCOM
Pros
Facilities
Cons
No background, No drug test, Unqualified Management BM and Site Director
Has so much potential
Training and Quality (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was to help people succeed and excel within the company. My team within the site are what I will miss the most. To work with a person who caps their potential and then be able to teach employees how to create a better life and raise the bar on what they feel they have to offer. Upper management does not move forward. They instead deflect problems by gossip of who is worse off.
Pros
New site improvements. You can move up rather quickly.
Cons
High turn around in upper management. No consistency in process.
Typical Call Center
At Home Worker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 10, 2015
Typical Call Center
Fast paced calls
Lacking decent upper management
Pay is not great
Co-Workers are great
Opportunity for advancement is lacking
High Turnover
Direct Management is okay
Pros
Known Schedule
Cons
Low Pay, High Benefit Cost
Great stepping stone
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2014
just coach and imporve my team
great learing on how to muilt-task
Pros
had some good leaders
Cons
no pay increase
A very busy environment. Fun if you make it so.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2014
A typical day would involve me pulling data and stats from the previous day and making sure all areas are within business metrics. Information such as Average handle times, sales %s, if breaks and lunches were taken on time (schedule compliance), quality scores and attendance are gathered into my own personal trackers and displayed to management as well as my agents, which is used for coaching opportunities.
Easy laid back busy environment
CSR (Current Employee) –  SAN ANTONIO TXMay 30, 2014
Deal with vey rude customers
No flexible with schedules
Alot of the time management does not know what is going on
Worked as a home agent
home agent/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  At HomeMarch 28, 2014
Flexible schedule great group to work with ecommerce assisting customers with billing questions,ordering items,filing claims if items were lost in shipment.
Awesome upbeat atmosphere
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 25, 2014
When working for Evangeline Downs, I was a server. I worked Graveyard shift, which was the hardest part. The laid back atmosphere and the customers were my favorite part of my job. I love working face to face with customers.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette,LaAugust 22, 2013
Always had a smile on your face going to work. Always getting our work done in a timely manner.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Not alot of hours
I loved my job
Team Leader/Onsite Quality SME (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 10, 2013
All I can say is I loved working there and I'm sorry it closed.
not very secure
Inbound customer service (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYAugust 5, 2013
3rd party call center mass layoff not really a secure place to work
High Volume Call Center
Member Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  San AntonioJuly 30, 2013
A typical day at Transcom is a guessing game. You may take 120 calls in a shift, or you might not take any. Incentives seem to go to the people that do the less, whereas the people who are taking calls the fastest are expected to do more. I understand that we may have to do more than others at some time, but after 18 months with them I was ready to move on.
Job Security
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 19, 2013
After being hired there, I was never informed that the company would be moving overseas and leave all of its employees jobless.
very relaxed positive atmosphere to work in.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2012
back in 2010 management was very new, the company had just started a few months before I was hired there. I learned how to do my own research for trouble shooting and it gave me alot more knowledge on my technical side of assisting cable customers. The team leaders were also very helpful and fair with our team. The hardest part of the job was when fairly new employees choosen to help by assisting the team leaders with the Customer Service Agents, they didnt have the hands on experience as much as somone who sat and assisted customers, to me that was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work overtime most of the time. I would love to work there now because I know it is alot better with time and stability, I can imagine it would be alot easier because I have alot more experience with trouble shooting and pleasing customers and making upsales. Thanks to Transcom.
Pros
break room in building is big with a tv, and free parking.
Cons
the desks are close to each other not alot of leg room.
multi call center
Customer Associate Executive, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  san antonio, txApril 25, 2012
there are many things that are held with transcom. the project that was on was comcast. where you did technical support for the great north east area.
Pros
relaxed teachers
Cons
short breaks
Productive fun workplace
Customer Service Repersentative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette,LaApril 17, 2012
Working at Transcom was fun as well as stressful. I liked the fast pace work environment as well as the people I worked with. I did not like the frequent changes in schedule with short notice or the fact that we were notified that we would all be laid off with such short notice.
Pros
good pay, fun and fast paced
Cons
short breaks, frequent changes in schedule with short notice