Transcom Employee Reviews

Many positions are working from home.
Real Time Resource Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2017
In the 7+ years I have been here I was able to mover up from a customer service representative answering calls to scheduling all service tech visits to real time resource analyst.
Good Company
Customer Service/Tier 1 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2017
Good company to work for from at home. Shift bid was the hardest part. You had to go with whatever shift you got. Worked 4-12am and that was hard with a young child. No such thing as work life balance because if you had to leave, you were pointed. QA always found a problem. Customers hated service so most calls were hostile. -
Pros
Work from home
Patience
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2017
A very very good job for either young or older adults a job that provides challenges for the employees and the customer but a great feeling when your able to satisfy .
No pay rises
IT PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2017
I worked at Transcom for many years with the same pay since 2008 but two roles later.
Before Transcom took over Cloud10 it was a nice company, once we become Transcom things change, the culture become very corporate and it felt like they forgot about the Denver office.
Pros
work load was good
Cons
poor compensation
I am fascinated
Customer care representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2017
The customers that I handle on a daily have given me the opportunity to grow as a person. I am given goals to attain every month which is important.I enjoy my work environment I am at home and encouraged by my leaders to give me assistance with rough days. It helps when you trust your team mates. I allows you and affords you time to get what needs to be done done.
Pros
coworkers are awesome, you work from home, maintain your stats
Cons
shift bids
Solicit donations or orders for goods or services over the telephone
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 16, 2017
convincing other to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds of action.
using computers and other computer systems.
Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2017
take calls for my 8 hour shift. I leaned how o move around the computer system. the hardest part of my job would be dealing with some of the customers.
Pros
45 min lunch
Engaging work environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2017
In my review of this company, I will say that it is not all bad. I enjoy the energy and effort that the staff puts into creating a fun work environment.
not fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2017
management was really bad they were disrespectful and rude,frig had a bad smell,people were so miserable working here,so unorganized , they messed on payroll alot
Pros
30min short
Cons
short breaks
Lousy place to work
Site Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2017
The company had trouble making payroll every two weeks. Oftentimes, I was asked to lie to the employees about the financial status of the company.
Pros
The people are FANTASTIC
Cons
Financial troubles
Decent Place to Work. No opportunity for advancement.
AppleCare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 21, 2017
At Transcom, you work as an At-Home customer service representative for a variety of companies, you could be contracted by either Apple, Charter, Verizion, etc. As an AppleCare Advisor, you do the exact same job as an Apple employee, but you get paid about half of what they do. The training period lasts about a month, and you sit in front of a computer for 7-8 hours a day learning and listening to an instructor teach you about your contracted company. After that, you are on your own, answering calls and working with customers. Management is usually hard to get a hold of when you need something, and they are generally very rude if you need assistance. There is definitely no room for advancement, you are pretty much stuck in your position unless you are willing to relocate to Denver, CO to the home office. I'd give the company a 5 to 6 out of 10. The company was also just bought out by another company, so big changes are expected.
Pros
At Home, Decent Pay, Set Schedule
Cons
No Advancement, Lack of Good Benefits
Bad HR and horrible Management Team
trainer (Former Employee) –  GroningenFebruary 20, 2017
Bad company, not nice atmosphere. People are just numbers. Management is only good for themselves. Especially the CM and HR Manager are selfish and trying saving their own position.
Also the salaries are very low and you have to work too hard.
Pros
Some nice people. Management isn't
Cons
Bad company, not nice atmosphere, People are just numbers, Management is only good for themselves
Nope
Over the phone Customer Support assisting (Former Employee) –  Work from homeFebruary 14, 2017
They don't support their employees very well.
If you get a DSAT- even if the customer says you were great and it was about the store- it still counts against you. They changed their attendance policy at the first of the year. They went from 15 points and 90 days to remove 2, to 6 points and rolling calendar. So yes your points roll off 90 days after them which is nice. What they didn't do was wipe points at the first of the year. So if you had anything over 6 you had 2 weeks to work enough overtime to remove them. You had to work 4 hours to lose 1 point and you could only work off 5. So at the end of Jan they fired 3500 people because they changed their policy. You don't get paid vacation or sick days at all. If you miss a day it's 1 point even with a doctors note- so if you have to be out 3 days it's 3 points. They didn't give the raise they promised at the 6 month mark. Most of the managers haven't ever taken calls so they have no idea what it's actually like. They give mandatory overtime- it doesn't matter if you have other things that have to be done (kids, school, second job) you have to work it or it's another point. They don't pay the same for equal jobs, someone in my training class that got the same score as me makes $4 less an hour. Even with a 10 hour shift you only get 30 mins for lunch.
Pros
you work from home
Cons
everything else.
Transportation
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILFebruary 3, 2017
I schedule flights for high ranking officials. This job is very hard for the first three months. After one understands the system and how to answer questions on the phone it's smooth sailing from there. I have been working here for so long that I am on auto pilot. The most enjoyable thing about this job is knowing what I am talking about when questioned by customers and laughing with my coworkers for most of the day. The hardest thing about my job is dealing with attitudes.
Pros
Laid back environment, amazing pay, satisfying
Cons
atitudes, blame game and management trying to recreate the wheel every year
Horrible totally unfair trainers and management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2017
This place would not pay me for time I worked and blamed assessments on the Philippines for qualities not being fair and totally ridiculous.
Pros
People on the floor
Cons
Severe cliques here who are totally involved in very unprofessional behavior including management.
Not for adults!!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2016
It's like being in middle school at work. Nothing else to say. Management are the same way, but hey if you like the whole gossipy,cool kids, cutt throat type of environment go for it.
Bad place to work
Universal Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 11, 2016
On a typical day you will have a myriad of breakdowns with the company systems. You will be dealing with this while getting pestered by management for not being productive enough. I learned that it's good to keep your mouth shut with what you think about the management and company as that will only garner further attacks by the company. Co-workers are very nice and great to work with. The hardest part of the job is not getting paid when you are supposed to and having to wait weeks, and sometimes months, to get your paycheck. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer who has called in several times and finally being able to solve their issue.
Pros
Helping Customers
Cons
Not getting paid on time and having payroll screw up the checks
It was Very Prodctive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 2, 2016
I like the job, it could have been long term. The place closed down and did not reopen . The trainers and supervisors were very good also. I missed working there.
Work with great people.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2016
Great people. BUT the company is still in the stone age when it comes to compay structure and compensation or benefits. Lots of favortizim and lack of career paths for advancement in us.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No room for advancements
Great Work at home job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 17, 2016
Work at home job they have different projects I was on the viaacom project and we just troubleshoot Internet for customers great company. Easiest training ever
Pros
work from home
Cons
Pay is not enugh

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcom. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval