Transcom Employee Reviews in United States

Application and Interviewing for At home agent.
Voluntarily withdrew my candidacy (Former Employee) –  work at homeAugust 12, 2016
I recently thought it might be a great opportunity to apply for the U.S. at home agent with Transcom.... It was NOT a good idea to waste HOURS doing so. They make you go through an absurd amount of assessments (for minimum wage mind you) only to bring you full circle to an extreamely vague, low details provided, phone screen interview that supposedly has strict schedule adherence. But the first time I had scheduled my phone screen interview (which only allowed me to select later that same evening) the recruiter gave me a call 32 minutes late!! I needed to reschedule as my neighbor could only watch my 4 year old son last minute for so long.(so much for having a family focused culture) The second rescheduled phone screen interview I was called 8 minutes late. Only to find out that everything that was hinted regarding Email and Chat was false positive as the Email & Chat would be strictly for internal communication.

Overall, Transcom has a very very non cohesive and wasteful application and interviewing process. All of which are made even worse due to the lack of professionalism shown by their recruiters/interviewers. It would have been nice to have them simply be transparent enough to disclose the job details prior to me wasting so much time in this process with them.
Cons
very non cohesive and wasteful application and interviewing process, lack of professionalism, shady
love. Great managers and the training is good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2016
I have been at Transcom for almost 6 weeks.
Management is like family.
Training was good
the support on the floor is good.
Is really a nice please to work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
learning curve
great at home job
Virtual Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2016
Very great starting job but no raises and no advancement great support from management and a great job to work from home not a steady schedule as you are on a shift bid platform
Pros
pay for performance
Cons
no raises
This job has rules,regulations,and procedures just like any other job! If you can't follow rules, don't get a job!
At Home Customer Service Representative/Virtual (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2016
I have worked here since Feb 2015. When I was first hired it was made very clear what was expected in the way of hours, shift, and what was expected of an at home agent . It has been one of the best decisions I ever made staying with this company. Very simply put, if you show up, sign in for your scheduled shift, don't miss days (and they clearly state their policy regarding tardiness/absences) and WORK, you shouldn't have any reason to be complaining. It is no different than any other job with the exception of working from home. If you do not have any self motivation or self-discipline or if you are just plain lazy, don't apply. Don't apply for any job for that matter -

Team Leads, Management, Training Staff, Co-workers and every one else have been more than willing to assist and I have always had any concerns or questions addressed immediately as long as I followed the correct process in addressing the situation.
Pros
Health benefits at an affordable cost, great management and Team Leads
Cons
I can't say I have any "con's" that would be worth listing.
Worked from home
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 12, 2016
Very flexible hours, good training, good communication throughout workday. I enjoyed the ability to help others fix problems and learn the billing system and what can be offered.
I loved working here
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 3, 2016
Great place to work unfortunately got laid off due to company transferring all of our jobs overseas. other than that great company
customer service reppresentative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2015
gave balance, went over trans, replaced lost damaged stolen cards, dispute trans, create savings accounts, assisted with onlne banking
Pros
working staff
Cons
scheduling
a fun job
Field Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CANovember 23, 2015
This was a very interesting job because we worked in a lot of projects. Transcom designs communication systems for companies and maintained them. I learned a lot new technologies. It was a small company friendly and we always help each other.
Pros
Healthy work place
Cons
I had to leave because of personnal reason
Fun and Laid Back Work
Work From Home Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed this job very much and would love to take my contract back. I learned something new at this job every day. The management staff was very supportive and willing to help make sure I had all the tools necessary to do my job effectively.
I really did enjoy working here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2015
I felt like the management were not doing the right thing. There were a lot of things going on that was breaking company policy and my integrity is too strong to even be associated with the company any longer.
Cons
short breaks, rude management, disorganization, carelessness.
A very confused culture, the company was not sure where they were going.
Training and Quality Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 23, 2015
The company was not sure where it was going at times. My position was not really defined and it changed at all times.There was a similar position in place that was defined but my position was really in flux, and very confusing at times.
Pros
Good compensation package.
Cons
Not, organizies in regards to my job
customer service rep for aarp
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 21, 2015
transcom had horrible hours and was unorganized and couldnt assist employees with issues and didnt give me grievment time off
Pros
weekends off unlimited overtime
Cons
no pto could be used
customer friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2015
A friendly family oriented workplace. They appreciate there agents and have different contest to try and keep the momentum going. They instilled that everybody has a chance to move up.
Productive working enviroment
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 15, 2015
Transcom is a face paced job and on a daily basis it extremely busy. They do offer benefits and you can work as much overtime as you would like.
The hardest part of the job is the system issues and because it is a work from home job you sometimes just have t deal with it.
Co-workers are great and will help you when needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is solving customer issues and earning more money from overtime and pay for performance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Mangement
Excellent Place to work
JCSE Direct Support Communicator - Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2015
Many missions that required Planning and testing configurations prior to deployment. Cisco Based Environment, allowed to work close to many SME's.
Pros
Built on Network Engineer Skillset/Network troubleshooting
Cons
Had to PCS
Productive workplace, great co-workers
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONAugust 20, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers with the position for Bright House Networks. The employee's and employers were extremely friendly and were pleasant to work with. With that being said, it was a comfortable and successful work environment.
Pros
Benefits, paid holidays, great employee's
Cons
Loud workplace
Customer Service Rep
CSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2015
I use to work for this company back in 2009. It was a professional work enviroment. Our dress code was followed, everyone looked professional.
I decided to come back to Trascom years later to try and have a less stressful job because i'm back in college.
Well it's not what it was back then. They hire just about anyone, everyone is unprofessional. Dress code pretends to be enforced, everyone is under dressed. I understand it's a call center but it becoming such an ugly place.
You have people coming in smelling like marijuana, using disrespectful language. It's changed for the worst.
I would not recommend anyone to apply.
Transcom is a, "job" not a "carrer".
Pros
You can get hired and have CSR experience then move to a better company.
Cons
You will end up working with disrespectful people. Very unfair place to work.
no job security
Customer service/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TXJune 8, 2015
At the beginning of my employment I realized that the training department was not really organized. I noticed that management and employees were not honest and was cheating the company out of hours they worked. The company ended up losing their contact with the client and caused a massive layoff at the San Antonio site.
Pros
fair lunches and breaks
Cons
disorganized
Work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work From HomeMay 19, 2015
Transcom was a work from home customer service job. A typical day at this job included adhering to your schedule by logging in, logging out and taking your lunches and breaks on time. Waiting for calls to come in to assist with either billing or technical support issues. At this company I learned more about data restrictions on internet, and what can cause an increase in usage. It was hard to get in touch with management sometimes when it came to an employment issue, such as, medical benefits. Your co- workers will be seen in your team chat room. The hardest part of the job was navigating their systems. The systems they use were often slow or down sometimes making it difficult to assist the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was of course working from home.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Unreliable management, slow company software
Love!
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 16, 2015
A typical day at work was unique! Unlimited overtime and fun co-workers. Management was superficial and VERY good. They were more like family. I loved the many company events, such as parties, BBQs, dinners, etc.